The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; youth; education; human resources; and natural resources.
The MMF department of Central Registry Office seeks to fill one full time Data Verification Agent position located at the Home Office in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
DATA VERIFICATION AGENT
Under the direction of the Membership Registrar, the Data Verification Agent is responsible to review membership files and to verify all files are complete, accurate and include the necessary documentation. The Data Verification Agent will work closely with the Membership Registrar and the MMF Regional Membership Clerks. Travel to the seven (7) Manitoba Regional Offices to complete these duties may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the field of Administrative Assistant or Clerk related field(s)
- Secondary certificate or an equivalent is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and other database programs
- Minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to create and maintain both electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse client base and various community groups
- Experience with Boards and non-profit organizations would be considered an asset
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license and a willingness to travel is required
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability and a retirement savings plan. We also offer competitively priced downtown parking, access to our fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Friday, July 26, 2013 to the MMF Human Resources Department, 300-150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7, fax to (204) 947-1816.
*clearly indicate which posting you are applying for