MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the self-government representative that promotes the political, social, cultural, and economic interests and rights of the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. In addition, the MMF delivers programs and services to our community including: child and family services; justice; housing; youth; education; human resources; and natural resources.
The MMF Metis Community Liaison Department seeks to fill a full time position located at the Thompson Regional Office located in Thompson, MB; remuneration is to be determined pending on qualifications.
Metis Community Liaison Worker
The Metis Community Liaison Worker position is required to deliver services in an assigned region of the Manitoba Metis Federation Inc. Taking immediate direction from the Director of MCLD, the Metis Community Liaison Worker’s prime objective is to enhance the services and resources within their region, through direct outreach to their community. The incumbent will assist in the development and implementation of the resources by developing strategies and detained action plans designed to ensure culturally sensitive delivery of services and programs to Metis people by social service agencies. The Metis Community Liaison Worker is expected to be involved in accessing the maximum level of service for Metis families that is available to the general public through direct advocacy and referral. In addition, the Metis Community Liaison Worker will interact with various levels of officials responsible for delivering mainstream services to families in the region.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Assist clients in: completing and/or initiating foster/adoption home appeals, income security appeals, guardianship orders, housing applications and education/training applications or appeals
- Prepare clients for court proceedings
- Compile and maintain data regarding clients
- Implement fundraising projects
- Facilitation of community meetings and workshops and building partnerships within the communities and region
- Completion of a two-year diploma program in a Child & Family Services program or a Community Development program
- Previous social service training
- Previous experience in social service field or community development involvement
- Familiarly with government legislation (CFS Act, Program Standards, Income Security, Maintenance Act, other relevant legislation and policies)
- Knowledge of Metis culture
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel and to work evenings and weekends
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their resume. The MMF appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to: health and dental insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability, and a retirement savings plan.
Please forward covering letter and resume by Friday May 17, 2013 to the MMF Human Resources Department, 300-150 Henry Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Please clearly identify on the cover letter which position you are applying for.