Manitoba Food Processors Association (MFPA) is an association representing the food industry. We help our members find the resources they need, through food awareness programs, training, advertising and Human Resource initiatives.
We are currently looking to fill the role of an Assistant Financial Controller for a member located in Portage La Prairie MB. This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday with the normal working hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience and responsibilities in the following areas:
- A/R, A/P, P/R personnel transactions
- Manage cash flow and payables
- Ensure prompt collection of receivables
- Auditing workflow processes to ensure accounting transactions are properly authorized
- Preparation of monthly payroll, ledger and balance sheets
- General ledger reconciliations
- Report preparation
- Preparation of GST and PST returns
- Budget preparation, forecasts and cash flow
- Overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls and ensure internal control compliance
You will also have demonstrated:
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude with the willingness to learn.
Preference will be given to candidates that have a degree / CGA or CMA designation (or equivalent experience) with previous management experience. The successful candidate will be a confident, self starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment. If this is YOU please submit your resume by September 13, 2013. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.