M-I SWACO

M-I SWACO Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Drilling Fluids Engineer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good training and technical support.
Responsibilities
• Provide onsite services by measuring, testing and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties under minimal supervision. I have worked on many rigs under difficult conditions and completed the projects successfully.
• Provide fluid solutions to downhole problems, like: freeing differentially stuck pipe, gas and water kicks, unstable wellbore, lost circulation, bit balling, hole cleaning in horizontal leg, reduction of drilling waste, decreasing torque and drag, and reducing low-gravity solids.
• Calculate cost estimate of various options to solve downhole problems. Identify ways to reduce costs of dry products and fluid systems. Observe performance trends and contribute to fluids program design.
• HTHP experience (Mud Weight up to 2240kg/m3 ; Down hole temperature up to 220ᵒc )
• Deep Water drilling experience (2475m Water Depth)
• Prepare fluid management plans and maintain fluid properties on rig site by testing fluid properties accurately.
• Maintain inventory at customer well sites.
• Provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress of a rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
• Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing our customers the most effective, environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing our customer's production.
• Recommend solid control processes – more... to ensure economic removal.
• Write reports on daily basis and issue all required standard technical reports related to fluid for the final well report.
• Train new hands in the industry.
• Good communication with rig personnel and client representative.

Familiar Technologies:
• All equipment involved in formulation and testing of drilling fluids, QC checks, ‘mud check’ protocols i.e. HTHP, API filtration, viscometers, retort, all standard titrations, etc.
• HTHP Invert Emulsion, SBM (Paradrill), Diesel (VersaDrill), Low Toxic (VersaClean), Sodium & Potassium Chloride, Polymer Systems, Glycol, PHPA, FloPro, Guar Gum and Prehydrated Gel pills, Floc PHG, Salt Gel and Completion systems.
• Heaviest mud in my records = 2240 kg/m3
• Hottest down hole temperature in my records= 220ᵒc
• Fluid optimization to aid in hole cleaning and optimize rig parameters to stay in advised ECD and ESD.
• Experience of drilling in high H2S bearing zones.
• Experience of Vertical, Directional, Horizontal, Exploratory and Development wells.
• Experience of managing major influx, severe to total losses scenarios.
• Experience of deep water drilling.
• Pump & Dump Drilling.
• Minimizing the reservoir damage while drilling.
• Perform analytical test on drill cuttings to determine oil/water content.
• Good at working with OneTrax and Virtual Hydraulics soft ware (MI SWACO soft wares).

Regions:
• Canada, North Atlantic Ocean: Orphan Basin (2475m water depth), Flemish Pass (1166m water depth), Grand Banks.
• Iran: Caspian Sea(766 m water depth), South Pars gas field, Hendijan, Bahregansar, Darkhowain, Abouzar, Dorood and Salman fields (Mostly offshore rigs)
• Oman: Mabrouk, Wadi Musalam, Suwaihat, Malan. (Onshore)
• Dubai: Umm Al Qaiwain (Offshore) – less

About M-I SWACO

M-I, known as M-I SWACO, supplies drilling and completion fluids and additives to oil and gas companies in more than 75 countries – Read more