LAB TECHNICIAN – AIRDRIE, ALBERTA
M-I SWACO Drilling Solutions Department has an immediate opening for a qualified Lab Technician in Airdrie, Alberta location. This position is a strong fit for a person who has strong analytical review, close attention to details, and enjoys working in a team. Interested applicants, who possess the minimum requirements as listed below under Qualifications/Education, are strongly encouraged to apply. M-I SWACO offers a competitive compensation package; including a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package.
We promote from within and reward people based on performance. No two careers are alike and you can expect every day to be different. You will be surrounded by exceptional thinkers and have access to technologies that most people only read about. We are constantly looking for people with vision to join us and help carry our business forward. The work is rigorous and stimulating, and compensation is comprehensive – the rewards we offer reflect the commitment we require.
Position Title: Lab Technician
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Department: Drilling Solutions
- Conducting and coordinating analysis of both field and lab samples
- Provide flash point testing, Microtox analysis, Particle Size Analysis and corrosion coupon analysis
- Conduct product evaluation and compatibility testing
- Formulation of fluids with specific physical and chemical characteristics
- Formulation of field testing chemicals
- Evaluation of New Technology
- Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
- Order lab/field equipment from suppliers as needed.
- Maintain field equipment inventory
- Organize equipment calibration and repair.
- Other special projects and support duties as required.
- Experience working in the Oilfield Services Industry is an advantage.
- Preference is giving to applicants who have worked in a Drilling Fluids Laboratory.
- Any necessary training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Compensation is dependent on experience.
- PC platform skill set working in a Microsoft environment.
- Advanced organizational skills, must be able to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills are required
Interested candidates, who possess the minimum requirements as listed above under Qualifications/Education, should apply by forwarding a resume to the Canadian based Human Resources Department of M-I SWACO. Please submit your resume by November 15, 2012
It is important to note, that only those contacted by the hiring manager will be considered for interviews.
About Us: At M-I SWACO, A Schlumberger Company, we take on some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the industry. From day one, we immerse our people in a culture built on innovation, teamwork and true global thinking. We offer you the training, support and opportunities to enable you to take your talents even further than you ever thought possible. Our first focus is our customers and their business needs. Parallel to that is our drive to solve their problems in a safe, cost-effective, and environmentally responsible manner. For more information please visit our website at http://careers.slb.com/
It's about a nurturing environment that enables you to discover your true ability. At M-I SWACO, we pride ourselves on inspiring our people to become the best they can be.