Manitoulin Island, Ontario
The M’Nidoo Minissing Coalition Against Domestic Violence has been in existence since 2004. In 2009 funding was made available to support the mission of DVC3s across Ontario through the Ontario Women’s Directorate and the Ministry of Community and Social Services. The Coalition is currently seeking a part-time Coordinator to facilitate the activities of the committee.
M’Nidoo Minissing Coalition Vision and Mission
The vision of the M’Nidoo Minissing DVC3 is to eradicate domestic violence in the district of Manitoulin/Espanola. The mission of the committee is to reduce domestic violence through awareness, education and coordination.
The purpose of this position is to provide coordination and project management support to the M’Nidoo Minissing Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate project plans for identified deliverables.
- Organize committee meetings, prepare minutes, disseminate minutes.
- Track Coalition deliverables.
- Provide support to Coalition Chair(s) and committee.
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, or other relevant field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years minimum experience in project management.
- Knowledge and experience within the violence against women sector and community resources
- Superior communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills; ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Computer proficiency.
The position will be paid an hourly rate to be determined. Hours per month will depend on project needs, with a likely range of 10 to 20 hours per month.
Deadline for application: 4 p.m. Sept 30, 2013
Please send resume and cover letter with references
by email, fax, or mail to:
Fax: 705 377-4863
Mail: Manitoulin Family Resources
PO Box 181
Current (three (3) months) criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening will be required.