M&M Meats Employee Reviews

Customer Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON23 May 2017
It was a fine job to do after school. The freezer was nice to stand in on a hot summer day. I'ts not a really hard job, only mildly difficult on the days when the truck arrives to drop off the inventory. I enjoyed it but its not fast paced, and the time went by slowly.
Fun and enjoyable work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 January 2017
The staff at M&M's are amazing they are very kind and helpful people. What my job typically required was to make sure the boxes of frozen food were organized and that the shelves were stocked for the rest of the staff. Occasionally I would have to come out of the freezer and help bag and clean.
Pros
Amazing staff
Fast Paced, Friendly Workplace
Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 September 2016
During the Christmas season I learned a lot about the food that M&M's sells. At the time my mother worked at M&M's and the two of us made a good, cooperating team. During the Christmas season customers were friendly and easy-going, and were patient while they waited for their orders to be attended to,
Slow and boring workplace.
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON27 March 2016
A typical day at work involved opening the store in the morning, cashing out the register, opening the till, stocking the merchandisers, opening boxes and stocking products in the freezer. This job was not for me because in a normal work day, I would be completely alone from the beginning of my shift to the end. If I had an issue or needed help, I had to improvise or call the manager, which she was not always available.
Volunteer job
Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2015
One day event so it was just that day.
Learned some cooking, hardware tools, and some socialization skills.
The manager was a store person so not bad.
The co-workers were a few volunteers and some main people from the shop working to raise money for cancer.
The hardest part of the job was the multiple orders by a few dozen people at once.
The enjoyable part was the experience, the people there, and in general, the job itself.
Pros
Lunch breaks, nice co-workers
Cons
Always standing
Productive environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB22 July 2015
M&M Meats is a rather fast paced job, you have to know where everything is and make sure all shelves are fully stocked and ready to go.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 May 2015
Ended up being my first job, was only there for two months and then moved away to a smaller town. Overall was a good place to work, very slow and boring some days.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Boring, slow
Great for students or people looking for some extra hours
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Main Street MIlton21 May 2014
Great place to work, better bosses. Job feel secure but do to the small staff size their is little room for advancement
Pros
free lunch, light paced
Cons
no were to be promoted to
Productive Fun Work place
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 April 2013
Relaxed Work Environment, Simple work, Basic Tasks, Friendly Customers, Small office.
Pros
meeting lots of new people
Cons
no room for growth