M&M Meat Shops Employee Reviews in Canada

Great for entry level part time work
Meal Planner (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 18, 2016
I enjoy going into M&M'S to work everyone is friendly and the job can be fast paced which i enjoy. On a typical day I will serve customers, help them meal plan, stock the shelves, place orders for the next week, light cleaning duties, and operate the register.
Cashier, sale of merchandise, food consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 20, 2016
Loved working there, great costumers and environment, enjoyed working with my co-workers, management was excellent, unfortunately the store was sold.
A wonderful place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Working for M&M Food Market has given me the opportunity to use my skills that I learned being a Franchisee for 12 years.

The management and ownership appreciates the work I put in and I couldn't ask for a better staff.

Looking forward to many years with an amazing company.
Pros
Staff discounts on great food.
Cons
Being responsible for not running out of product.
good place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONNovember 29, 2015
customer service is a definite aspect to this job. wage is a bit lower, but good work environment. great job to build customer service experience.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Great staff to get along with. Management was very friendly. Co-workers worked well together. Hardest part was dealing with the cold. Enjoyed my shifts and interacting with customers about products.
Good place to work and you get to know customers and their needs
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioJune 28, 2015
I like the fact that we get to know the products in order to show and tell customers.

The "regular" customers we get to know, so we know what they are wanting to purchase and they enjoy sharing stories with us.
Pros
Get to know customers
Cons
Just minimum wage
working in a freezer
sales (Former Employee) –  etobicokeJune 21, 2015
the management wasnt the greatest he didnt like to pay for a month or more, and he didnt like that me and my sister both worked with him
Wonderful Place for Retail
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. ThomasMay 28, 2015
If the salary was better and benefits were available I would stay there for my career. Everyone at head office and in the store is very friendly and easy to get along with. Working with the general public is also very refreshing
Pros
Amazing people to work for
Cons
Salary
Productive and friendly work environment.
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, process purchases at the till, stocking the freezers, have friendly conversations with co-workers, and ensuring the store is clean and appealing to customers.
The manager at the store I work at is amazing: she makes us all feel like family, ensures our schedules do not conflict with any prior commitments (school, other jobs, family, etc). She trains all new employees and makes sure they are comfortable with the work environment. I cannot think of any reason not to like the management there.
Working here has definitely "brought me out of my shell": I am comfortable speaking with customers and making them feel welcome, and promoting products in the store.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
new company owners making changes to the store's operations.
M&M Meatshops
inventory (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ONSeptember 22, 2014
I worked inventory and rarely worked at the cash-register. The workers at this establishment are great to work with and the owners are very supportive and enthusiastic. I liked working there, also got a discount. This job was only seasonal at Christmas time for stocking shelves.
Pros
owner is part finnish like me
Customer oriented job, enjoyable workplace.
Cashier/Food Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Includes stocking shelves, working in the freezer, and providing customers with meal planning ideas with respect to allergens and other issues.
Management is typically very well-run. I have worked for 2 separate locations.
Pros
positive work place, close-knit community
Great learning environment with good product!
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 22, 2014
Provide extensive customer service by giving specific and detailed product knowledge
Organize and maintain inventory counts
Provide general store and appliance maintenance
Pros
loyal coworkers and customers
Cons
short shifts
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONApril 21, 2014
Excellent boss who made working there a great place and in turn all employees were always pleased to do there best to make the business successful.
Pros
discounts on items
Cons
freezer was cold
good products
Senior Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 19, 2014
I believe in products that are fast and good and the chance to interact and help busy people make their lives easier,in todays busy lifes
Pros
good food
Cons
no chance for growth in company
Workplace
Key Holder & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioMarch 15, 2014
LOVE this job & staff. Always have something to do with many different aspects. Recommend working for this company!
Pros
never bored.
Cons
freezer is cold.
productive fun work place with lots to learn
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2014
Never a dull moment; between keeping the shop looking good for customers and customer services like working the till and answering the phone, changing signs and stocking the freezer, this job was both enjoyable and challenging.
The hardest part of the job was stocking the freezer and mopping up the floors at the end of a long snowy day. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find what what they needed and suggesting complimentary up-sells.
Pros
food samples
Cons
never a free weekend
Fun Place to Work
Supervisor/Product Consultant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 24, 2013
• Serving Customers
• Data entry
• Accurately balanced books and balanced deposits nightly
• Operating a cash register
• Stocking shelves
• Balancing of the safe daily
• Placing orders for necessary inventory
Customer Service & Cashier
Customer Service & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work would have to be working for Customer Service and dealing with customers on a face to face basis. So basically they come in to buy groceries, but all the food is in the other side of the counter where employees stand and help them out. We get what they want. and tell them more about the food, and also gives us the chance of upselling products. I learned to do upselling and ways of marketing the food we have, which we get incentives on. My co-workers would be one other person who will be doing the same job as us, and when its not busy we stock food products and get it all organized. The hardest part of the job is when we get food coming from the truck and we stand in the freezer for more than 3 hours organizing all the food products. Enjoyable part of the job is a good working environment and the food are easy to remember and keep in mind.
Pros
incentives give us extra money in cash
Cons
working in the freezer for hours long.
Fun, Fun, Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONMay 16, 2013
A nice customer service job that lets you talk and really get to know your customers. A typical day would be talking to customers and getting to know what foods they like and making suggestions on foods you think they would like. Always having a smile and saying hello is a must when it comes to our store and staff. We want our customers to have the best care and always leave with a smile. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot make a customer happy or help them find what they are looking for. The most enjoyable part is when someone is not having the best day and you turn it around and they leave with a smile.
Pros
free samples and dinners
Cons
working in freezers for hours at a time
Very fun workplace
key holder (nights) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioMarch 17, 2013
I was the key holder, which means i would be in charge of closing the store at night, checking if everything was in order, counting the cash in the register and putting it in the safe, mopping and sweeping the floors.

-I learned how to work a cash register, how to keep the logs in check, i learned how to prioritize, just basically better time management.

-The co-workers were amazing, they were nice, reliable and very honest.

-The hardest part of the job was probably the constant transition between the freezer and the store front.

-The most enjoyable part of the job, was just having the privilege of working with these guys and the general ambiance of the work place.
Pros
free samples
Cons
transition from the freezer to the front of the store

2.7