M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 19, 2016
learned how to balance a till and got the proper training. Very flexible with times and always asking if you are okay and everything. not a bad job. hardest part of the day is when it get slow
Pros
very flexible
Cons
nothing to do when slow
Sheryl was an amazing person to work for and with!
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABAugust 16, 2016
I did enjoy my time at M&M's a typical day included lots of freezer work and helping customers find complete meals. I learned a lot about working with freezers and how to maintain them as well as better customer service skills. I absolutely loved working for Sheryl and Dave and all of my coworkers were amazing! It was such a fun, happy, and productive environment. The hardest part of the job was being in the freezer and lifting up to 50lbs boxes for long amounts of time but the best parts were working with some amazing people and the customers.
Pros
Getting to prepare and eat an abundance of food.
Cons
The cold
Enjoyable place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
Every day there is a routine of checking if there are any specials, filling the shelves in the freezers and in the front and serving customers. I learned how to use a cash register and about customer service. I was close with most of the co-workers, everyone was very nice. It was nice when it was busy because the day would go by fast.
Pros
cake on my birthday
Cons
working in the walk in freezer
Great for entry level part time work
Meal Planner (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 18, 2016
I enjoy going into M&M'S to work everyone is friendly and the job can be fast paced which i enjoy. On a typical day I will serve customers, help them meal plan, stock the shelves, place orders for the next week, light cleaning duties, and operate the register.
Cashier, sale of merchandise, food consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 20, 2016
Loved working there, great costumers and environment, enjoyed working with my co-workers, management was excellent, unfortunately the store was sold.
A wonderful place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Working for M&M Food Market has given me the opportunity to use my skills that I learned being a Franchisee for 12 years.

The management and ownership appreciates the work I put in and I couldn't ask for a better staff.

Looking forward to many years with an amazing company.
Pros
Staff discounts on great food.
Cons
Being responsible for not running out of product.
good place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONNovember 29, 2015
customer service is a definite aspect to this job. wage is a bit lower, but good work environment. great job to build customer service experience.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beloeil, QCSeptember 9, 2015
Job was enjoyable but hard to work in the freezer for long periods of time. The typical day was filled with many customers and we were there to explain what fast-frozen food was, and why it is so good and easy to prepare. We help them decide what to make for a meal and what to have with it. It was really fun when you had a new customer and you could motivate them into becoming a regular customer.
Pros
Good food
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Great staff to get along with. Management was very friendly. Co-workers worked well together. Hardest part was dealing with the cold. Enjoyed my shifts and interacting with customers about products.
Good place to work and you get to know customers and their needs
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioJune 28, 2015
I like the fact that we get to know the products in order to show and tell customers.

The "regular" customers we get to know, so we know what they are wanting to purchase and they enjoy sharing stories with us.
Pros
Get to know customers
Cons
Just minimum wage
working in a freezer
sales (Former Employee) –  etobicokeJune 21, 2015
the management wasnt the greatest he didnt like to pay for a month or more, and he didnt like that me and my sister both worked with him
Wonderful Place for Retail
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. ThomasMay 28, 2015
If the salary was better and benefits were available I would stay there for my career. Everyone at head office and in the store is very friendly and easy to get along with. Working with the general public is also very refreshing
Pros
Amazing people to work for
Cons
Salary
Productive and friendly work environment.
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes assisting customers, process purchases at the till, stocking the freezers, have friendly conversations with co-workers, and ensuring the store is clean and appealing to customers.
The manager at the store I work at is amazing: she makes us all feel like family, ensures our schedules do not conflict with any prior commitments (school, other jobs, family, etc). She trains all new employees and makes sure they are comfortable with the work environment. I cannot think of any reason not to like the management there.
Working here has definitely "brought me out of my shell": I am comfortable speaking with customers and making them feel welcome, and promoting products in the store.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
New company owners making changes to the store's operations.
M&M Meatshops
inventory (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ONSeptember 22, 2014
I worked inventory and rarely worked at the cash-register. The workers at this establishment are great to work with and the owners are very supportive and enthusiastic. I liked working there, also got a discount. This job was only seasonal at Christmas time for stocking shelves.
Pros
Owner is part finnish like me
Customer oriented job, enjoyable workplace.
Cashier/Food Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Includes stocking shelves, working in the freezer, and providing customers with meal planning ideas with respect to allergens and other issues.
Management is typically very well-run. I have worked for 2 separate locations.
Pros
Positive work place, close-knit community
Great learning environment with good product!
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 22, 2014
Provide extensive customer service by giving specific and detailed product knowledge
Organize and maintain inventory counts
Provide general store and appliance maintenance
Pros
Loyal coworkers and customers
Cons
Short shifts
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONApril 21, 2014
Excellent boss who made working there a great place and in turn all employees were always pleased to do there best to make the business successful.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Freezer was cold
good products
Senior Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 19, 2014
I believe in products that are fast and good and the chance to interact and help busy people make their lives easier,in todays busy lifes
Pros
good food
Cons
no chance for growth in company
Workplace
Key Holder & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge OntarioMarch 15, 2014
LOVE this job & staff. Always have something to do with many different aspects. Recommend working for this company!
Pros
Never bored.
Cons
Freezer is cold.
productive fun work place with lots to learn
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 27, 2014
Never a dull moment; between keeping the shop looking good for customers and customer services like working the till and answering the phone, changing signs and stocking the freezer, this job was both enjoyable and challenging.
The hardest part of the job was stocking the freezer and mopping up the floors at the end of a long snowy day. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find what what they needed and suggesting complimentary up-sells.
Pros
food samples
Cons
never a free weekend

2.7