M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2017
I loved the overall work environment that M&Ms provided. I enjoyed working with colleagues and assisting customers. The workplace culture was friendly, helpful and hardworking.
Interesting Entry Level position
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
A safe, interesting workplace for students to begin their career during or after their high school years. A lot of basic sales trainings occur including how to effectively within a team.
Wow!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 March 2017
Worked here many years. Busy but rewarding. Good work life balance. Good discount. Work here. Met many great people here.
Great place to work at
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB1 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at M&M Food Market. Staff and owner were great to work for. Customer is what I miss the most as I got to know a lot of them on a personal basis and enjoyed helping them with there shopping needs
excellent work experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 March 2017
Great work environment, well managed, friendly staff, a great job for retail experience. flexible scheduling, each location is privately owned and operated so it feels like a small family business.
nice place to work
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 January 2017
its really nice working there, most of the staff are nice and the stores really clean but I sometimes found it boring as we didn't usually get a lot of customers
Pros
customers nice, employees nice, close to home
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
the management is very nice, the workplace is franchised, my co-workers are fun to work with, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you're able to help a customer for their meal ideas
Pros
stable job
Cons
working in a cold enviroment
Leading Edge Food Service compny
IT Senior Store and Internal Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Great place to work, Meals supplied at least 3 days a week, as well as occasional food testing samples provided. Free coffee and fruit supplied.
Management is open to communication, in a brand new office building, with most department offering flex hours.
Pros
Free lunches, flex hours
tidiness
Product Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
this job gave me a sense of organisation, every Wednesday we get large shipments of food in and i would be the one storing the boxes and putting away all the food.
CASHIER ASSOCIATES (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2016
They provide easy and healthy foods for busy families..easy to prepare and good tasting foods
I love working in foods industry.
awsome company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2016
I enjoyed the people that worked there. The product was
excellent and easy to sell. It was very close to home which made
things much easier for me.
Not a bad place to work
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 August 2016
learned how to balance a till and got the proper training. Very flexible with times and always asking if you are okay and everything. not a bad job. hardest part of the day is when it get slow
Pros
very flexible
Cons
nothing to do when slow
Sheryl was an amazing person to work for and with!
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 August 2016
I did enjoy my time at M&M's a typical day included lots of freezer work and helping customers find complete meals. I learned a lot about working with freezers and how to maintain them as well as better customer service skills. I absolutely loved working for Sheryl and Dave and all of my coworkers were amazing! It was such a fun, happy, and productive environment. The hardest part of the job was being in the freezer and lifting up to 50lbs boxes for long amounts of time but the best parts were working with some amazing people and the customers.
Pros
Getting to prepare and eat an abundance of food.
Cons
The cold
Enjoyable place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
Every day there is a routine of checking if there are any specials, filling the shelves in the freezers and in the front and serving customers. I learned how to use a cash register and about customer service. I was close with most of the co-workers, everyone was very nice. It was nice when it was busy because the day would go by fast.
Pros
cake on my birthday
Cons
working in the walk in freezer
Great for entry level part time work
Meal Planner (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 April 2016
I enjoy going into M&M'S to work everyone is friendly and the job can be fast paced which i enjoy. On a typical day I will serve customers, help them meal plan, stock the shelves, place orders for the next week, light cleaning duties, and operate the register.
Cashier, sale of merchandise, food consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 March 2016
Loved working there, great costumers and environment, enjoyed working with my co-workers, management was excellent, unfortunately the store was sold.
A wonderful place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2016
Working for M&M Food Market has given me the opportunity to use my skills that I learned being a Franchisee for 12 years.

The management and ownership appreciates the work I put in and I couldn't ask for a better staff.

Looking forward to many years with an amazing company.
Pros
Staff discounts on great food.
Cons
Being responsible for not running out of product.
good place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON29 November 2015
customer service is a definite aspect to this job. wage is a bit lower, but good work environment. great job to build customer service experience.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beloeil, QC9 September 2015
Job was enjoyable but hard to work in the freezer for long periods of time. The typical day was filled with many customers and we were there to explain what fast-frozen food was, and why it is so good and easy to prepare. We help them decide what to make for a meal and what to have with it. It was really fun when you had a new customer and you could motivate them into becoming a regular customer.
Pros
Good food
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2015
Great staff to get along with. Management was very friendly. Co-workers worked well together. Hardest part was dealing with the cold. Enjoyed my shifts and interacting with customers about products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&M Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2