M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Port Credit Location. They will give you the hours but not pay you the hours.
Meal adviser (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON3 October 2017
They stop giving discounts to employees. They will give you decent hours but if the store is not busy they will measle ways of not paying you.

Think twice applying here
Pros
Cons
No break
Fast paced environment
Storefront Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB28 September 2017
Very fast paced environment. You learn to be sensitive to customers needs, sociable, and organized.
Need to be able to lift heavy boxes, and be able to work in cold conditions.
Fun though sometimes unorganized
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB4 September 2017
This place of employment was enjoyable to work at, with good management and a friendly staff, but technical difficulties, employees who didn't always know procedure and conflicting ideas occasionally made it hectic and unorganized.
Pros
Family owned, friendly, free food
Cons
Hectic
Soul-sucking job
Product Consultant/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC1 September 2017
It's either overwhelmingly busy or completely dead. Work can be very boring when it's slow. You're expected to work in the -15 freezer for up to four hours at a time. My boss wasn't very reasonable, and not very empathetic. Coworkers were nice, but the mood of the place was kind of depressing.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
working in the freezer, heavy lifting, boring work
Busy but fun
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
Things were busy working here, but it was an excellent opportunity to improve customer service skills. Fellow employees were always very friendly, and it could be a really fun place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement, as it was just a small location.
Fun place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB26 July 2017
I really enjoyed my time at M&M Food Market and love their products. I learned a lot during my time there and my boss was amazing. Loved waiting on our customers as most of them where repeat customers. Small store in a small town allowed us to get to know our customers quite well and I really miss them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cold
Great environment to work in
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
M&M Food Market is a great place to work. The work culture is amazing, merchandising is super fun and easy. The management is super great, it's a fun place to work.
Great working environment
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 June 2017
The staff is always fun to work with and we all work together so well. Everybody helps each other out, and management really cares about its workers.
get staff and management works very well around your schedule.
Food Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 May 2017
While I was in school, management worked very well with me to make sure I was succeeding in my studies. They never hesitated to give me the days off I needed and that is hard to come by. The staff are very friendly and we all get along great.
Le travail d'équipe
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Mascouche, QC7 May 2017
Je ne peux rien dire à ce sujet, car à cette endroit le travail d'équipe est vraiment la force de l'entreprise et j'ai adoré travaillé dans cette environnement,
Enjoyable workplace
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
The manager is very nice to work with. She is accepting of all of our family and other job hours and requests. The schedule is flexible and makes it a great place to work!
Very good workplace
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB25 April 2017
Really enjoyed the environment working at M&Ms, learned a lot of products that I enjoyed and met plenty of people. The boss was great and very flexible with hours.
M&M Meat shops
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 April 2017
Loved working here every minute of every shift! it was always busy and always something to do! great customers and great staff! head office was great to deal with as well always whiling to help with anything!
Pros
great experance learnt a tun!
Relaxed job
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON9 April 2017
Workplace culture is very relaxed. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting and dealing with potentially angry customers. I gained customer service skills, as well as organizational skills. Great job for a student in high school or university.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Busy during the holidays
Fun
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ON6 April 2017
Great place to work! Excellent food with decent prices on products. Easy to prepare foods that are convenient for any person. Easily.understood to the instructions given by employer.
Pros
Employee discount
The People Make the Experience
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS6 April 2017
The workplace environment is great, a wonderful team who work well together. The scheduling is very accommodating with school schedules and volunteer hours.
Friendly and enjoyable place to work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
Friendly and enjoyable place to work. Easy responsibilities and easy-going management. Typical day of work involves mostly explaining how good products are to customers and stocking the freezers.
Meal Guide Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 March 2017
the management is very nice, the workplace is franchised, my co-workers are fun to work with, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you're able t
Productive and Fun Workplace
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2017
I loved the overall work environment that M&Ms provided. I enjoyed working with colleagues and assisting customers. The workplace culture was friendly, helpful and hardworking.
Interesting Entry Level position
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
A safe, interesting workplace for students to begin their career during or after their high school years. A lot of basic sales trainings occur including how to effectively within a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&M Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.