About Lyryx Learning Inc.
Lyryx Learning, established in 2000, is a software developer of online learning and assessment solutions. Over the past decade, Lyryx has produced more than 85 products in higher education disciplines. The Lyryx team combines proven capabilities in software development with deep content knowledge and online infrastructure management expertise.
We are currently recruiting for the role of System Administrator and Technical Support Representative. This position involves maintaining and supporting our infrastructure in cooperation with our Director of Technology, both for the use of our staff and customers. The candidate would also be responsible to support staff members in their use of tools and technology, as well as respond to customer emails of a technical nature.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Formal education or certification is an asset but not required. Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the field will be considered in lieu of a formal degree in IT.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a related field, such as help desk, system administration, etc.
- Modern Linux installation, maintenance, troubleshooting (prefer Debian-based distros).
- Server hardware/ software set up, maintenance, troubleshooting in a high availability environment.
- Network equipment set up, maintenance, troubleshooting (switches, firewalls, L7 proxies, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly when dealing with non-technical users.
- Experience with direct customer interaction.
- Apache Tomcat or similar web server software.
- Services like DHCP, DNS, Email services, LDAP, MySQL, Samba, configuration deployment and management, enterprise backup systems.
- Troubleshooting client applications like web browsers, plug-ins, etc.
- Deployment of development tools like Eclipse, Java VM.
- Basic Windows workstation set up and maintenance.
- Scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Python for automating basic tasks.
- Developing and documenting system procedures.
- Software development experience in Java an asset. The successful candidate may have opportunities to participate with our software developers in maintaining our Java platform.
The Lyryx office is located in the Kensington area and offers a very flexible work environment, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard