Accounting Clerk - Full Time
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing bank reconciliations, generating systems and operational reports as required, and assisting in the calculation, preparation and the processing of bills, invoices, budgets and other financial records according to established procedures. The Accounting Clerk will also be expected to assist in projects as required.
- Perform bank reconciliations on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist financial analysts in downloading, collating, processing and disseminating reports to stakeholders, ensuring accuracy in the reports
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements in a ledger or computer system. Payroll.
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
-Payroll experience required
- Accounting Diploma or University degree
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office, accounting and reporting software packages (Great Plains is a definite benefit) and database packages
- Excellent data entry skills and strong attention to detail
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Understanding of multi-currency transactions
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and time management skills
Our client prefers candidates who are pursuing their accounting designation (CMA or CGA) for this role.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard