Lyft Employee Reviews

Fine,
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ21 January 2018
The job is what you expect. You spend more time waiting for a rider than actually driving. You get to meet new cool people and make connections. I would recommend if you have a car and are cash strapped.
Work my own schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond VA & Washington, DC20 January 2018
Enjoyed meeting people, getting them from point a to point b in a safe, courteous fashion. I am a 5-star driver, providing bottled water and magic tricks.
Lyft
Regional Response Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 January 2018
Its simply not a career. as part time job its fine. There is no room for advancement. There is no benefits. There is no paid time off. There is no job incentive.
ultimate flexibility at ultimate price
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJ20 January 2018
how much do you value your time right now? that is the question you must ask yourself as you drive around this crazy city. You are trading your time for cash. Your hours, minutes, seconds how much is it worth to you? Right now?
Muy Organizado
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL19 January 2018
Buen empleo, trabajo inmediato, falta mejor remuneración,
Pros
Trabajo inmediato
Cons
Poco para la inversión
Flexible hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA18 January 2018
When they tell you to wait, and that you are paid to wait, you make pennies on the dollar. picked up a customer who added another stop to his trip. I had to wait for over an hour for the passenger and ended up getting 14 dollars for the entire ride and no tip whatsoever. There should be a minimum fee for waiting for a certain length of time. The driver shouldn't be left at the mercy of a customer.
Also when I dropped off a passenger that involved a tunnel, I the customer was only required to pay one way for the toll. I had to pay the toll on my return trip. Not cool! If I cross the tunnel to drop off customer I shouldn't be forced to pay the toll on the return trip.
Another thing I would really like is for LYFT to offer a way to cancel a trip after accepting it. Some customers are just rude and should be canceled. The customer is not always right.
Pros
set my own hours
Cons
No pay
supplement income only
driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA18 January 2018
I am currently driving in Lancaster pa .I have experienced a few good days and a ton of days with low budget rides.i am currently iooking for employment elsewhere.
Pros
drive when you want
Cons
far distant pick ups, a lot of downtime in between rides, and wear and tear on your vehicle
Its a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ18 January 2018
It is a great job. If you like to sit and wait for somebody to walk slowly and not thank you for the convince that they do not need to worry about any more then this is the job for you.
Fun, productive work environment.
Data Science Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 January 2018
I really enjoyed the company culture and leadership. The positive values are aligned with individual and collaborative growth. Active efforts made to improve employee experience.
Pros
Sign on bonus and flexible working hours.
Great for experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Yucaipa, CA18 January 2018
Lyft is a good company if you like to drive a lot and have little time for yourself. You can work for an hour to as long as you want. You make your own hours and put lots of miles on your car.
Pros
easy money, you make your own hours
Cons
tons of miles on personal car, lots of down time
Fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 January 2018
Every passenger is unique in their own way. Have a great time meeting new people and having fun conversations. Get to work your own hours when driving.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Have to except each and every ride
Being your own boss is great
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 January 2018
I love it but my time has come...It`s time for me to move on to something different and better typical day is just riding around listening to my music,enjoying myself. I`d take my breaks when I choose to..i learned how to balance books what it takes to run a business, hardest part would be to deal with the drunk crowd late nights if your not a people`s person... Most enjoyable part of the job is taking breaks whenever I choose and getting right back to the money ...freedom at it`s fineness
Pros
You pay all out of cost expenses
Cons
been able to set your own schedule
Great work hours
Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA17 January 2018
This company is nice to work for as a part time position. If you try to use this as a full time position, the pay is not enough to maintain a decent life.
Average Job
Independent Contractor in Transportation (Current Employee) –  New Jersey17 January 2018
okay job overall however you have to sometimes drive not feasible distances to pick up clients.it was a gamble most of the time to find decent rides when sometimes you'll spend 35 minutes to make 9 dollars. not the best route in life if i say so myself.
Pros
extra money
Cons
far pickups
A great source of secondary income
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT17 January 2018
Lyft is hard if you wish to do it full time, it is not something I would recommend doing full time given the competitive nature and amount of people who can just as easily come into the work space.

Many people can tell you the 'best times' to work when in reality there isn't really a 'best time'. There are sweet spot times you should be aware of and even then they can fluctuate based on the amount of people looking for rides and the amount of people working that day.

The job itself isn't that stressful if you keep up with it and it makes for a great way to earn yourself some stories based upon the people you drive around with. Ultimately it can enrich your social life and help boost your income if you have a stable primary job and just use this on the side when you have the time or fortitude to jump on and do it.
Pros
Choose your own schedule, freedom to go where you want
Cons
Not a primary source of income, cutthroat/competitive working atmosphere.
Great part time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 January 2018
Great place to work for part time income. Although, if you don't have a car that has at least 28 mpg. Be careful and mindful of wear and tear of your vehicle. Monthly oil changes and be prepared to change your brakes more frequently if you work full time.
Job like no other
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC16 January 2018
Be your own boss
Set you own schedules and times
See people of every social class and ethnics backgrounds
Diversity is a must
But I love talking to strangers
Pros
learning your city or town
Cons
No PTO
below average
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH15 January 2018
Cleveland drivers make $9-13/hour(not including sign-in bonus).
Not enough job(ride requests) in Cleveland.Good things that you make your own hours...
Pros
own hours
Cons
low salary
Driving was fun
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Arizona15 January 2018
I like driving, I liked making my own hours and meeting new people. I gave over 1500 rides in Arizona when I worked for Lyft and it's something I would do again for part-time work but with no benefits its hard to maintain in life.
part time job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ15 January 2018
If you are looking for running money then this is the place to work.
If you are planning to raise a family bad idea unless you never want to see them because you will be working very long hours every day just to make ends meet.
Pros
Pocket money
Cons
keeping track of all your expenses to file taxes at the end of the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9