Luxottica Employee Reviews

Eyewear Consult
LensCrafters - Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB14 April 2016
This company was great, but the hours were very unstable. My hours got cut with the blink of an eye, and I was the top performing associate.
Also a lot of under the table nepotism going on here.
Pros
commissions
Cons
short shifts (3 hours), opportunity for advancement given to family members
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunglass Hut experience. I learned the importance of being personable and organized. My co-workers were all great people. Working in retail does get challenging but it is surely rewarding.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Making sale goals
Engaging and productive workplace environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2016
A workplace environment that is motivating and adheres to achieving team and personal goal in relation to sales and customer service. A wonderful manager, and room to cultivate persuasion and interpersonal skills in a sales setting.
Fun workpplace full of energy!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
A typical day of work at Sunglass Hut involves fun interaction with clients. From the array of sunglasses to choose from, and company perks, there is never a dull moment!
Pros
Free goodies when points are collected, 1 free pair of sunglasses a year.
Great friendly environment but not employee oriented
Part-time Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Throughout working here I have been very happy working with my team. Through several changes in management it has brought a lot of stress to the employees. LensCrafters was very good to their people at the time I started. The longer I stayed the more they cut down on their people and hours. Other than management I was very happy there. Many things were very clear, well prepared, organized, and has a high selection of products.
Pros
They cover your License fee
Cons
Evolving to more work same pay attitude
environnement de travail productif et agréable
représentant promotionnel (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC15 January 2016
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste est d'être en contact direct avec la clientèle.
A day as a Sales Manager at the Eaton Centre, Toronto
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
Currently working at the biggest Sunglass Hut location in Canada. The day is filled with customer experience and problem-solving, making recommendations, learning product knowledge, keeping up with newest styles and trends, imparting that knowledge to customers by advising them on the best possible choices for their wardrobe. As for the management part of the job, I inspire and coach associates to be the best person/fashionista/expert they can be. I also stay on top of store sales to make sure the company is growing and the brand image is executed flawlessly every day.
Pros
Challenging fast-pace environment and rewarding coaching experience with associates
Cons
Long hours standing
get to check out nice new sunglasses, received discount on glasses as well
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 November 2015
was able to help customers pick out glasses that they needed or best suited them, keep store clean and input info into system.
Great mechanics.. but terrible Management! Sorry!
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Lenscrafters has the potential to be such a great company but the management issues cripple it to the core. They dont treat their employees well. They give 5 hours per week and higher over 20 people for one store to keep those hours low so they don't pay out benefits. If you ask for a full-time or part-time job they will deny you and say that they don't have hours.. a complete lie. They squeeze the dollar at the hurt of their employees. Thats why all the Toronto stores are now unionized.
Pros
Has potential to be great
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary18 October 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 October 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
Positive work environment.
Sales associate / Key holder (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2015
A typical day at my job would be to keep customers satisfied and inform them of the promotions and products we have to best suit their needs. Working well with my co workers creates a great environment and strong work ethic.
Pros
Great atmosphere, strong team, encouraging environment.
Cons
Theft
Marketing Assistant
Sales Representative / Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto On14 September 2015
-assist with marketing campaigns for brokers
-exposure to portfolio management
-investment banking
-great team work environment
Pros
Great Co-op opportunity
Cons
length of time
Energetic and informative workplace
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS and Kingston, ON11 September 2015
Sunglass Hut provides an excellent work environment where a high level of energy, and product information relating to fashion design play a key role in ensuring a positive customer experience. The hiring standards of Sunglass Hut ensure good coworkers with a shared goal of providing customers with a shopping experience beyond satisfactory.
Pros
High energy environment
Cons
Short shift hours
Sunglass Hut: Where great customer service meets international design & function.
Sales Associate, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
After years of experience in the food and beverage industry, I decided to pursue a new venture in retail. I was new to working with designer brands and fashion, however my colleagues took me under their wing to ease me into the role. They helped me develop the customer service skills I obtained in the past and apply it to my current position, and they also helped me develop an understanding of fashion styles and international trends.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2015
easy going job, fun atmosphere. friendly people. great staff and managers. if you're not used to retail you ay get tired from standing all day.
Sgh
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab27 June 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ON12 June 2015
Great company to work for!
As an assistant manager had to make sure all staff were in on scheduled shifts. Maintain that all standards were upheld on sales floor. Every employee was given the Oakley training once first hired. As tech information is key on the Oakley product.
The training was simple and enjoyable, which helped in a lot of sales.
Toughest part of the job was trying to give all the customers full attention during high traffic. However the environment is the store is amazing which made things easier.
Pros
Atmosphere and employee discounts
Cons
Long hours and travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.