Luxottica Employee Reviews

Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2015
easy going job, fun atmosphere. friendly people. great staff and managers. if you're not used to retail you ay get tired from standing all day.
SGH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab27 June 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ON12 June 2015
Great company to work for!
As an assistant manager had to make sure all staff were in on scheduled shifts. Maintain that all standards were upheld on sales floor. Every employee was given the Oakley training once first hired. As tech information is key on the Oakley product.
The training was simple and enjoyable, which helped in a lot of sales.
Toughest part of the job was trying to give all the customers full attention during high traffic. However the environment is the store is amazing which made things easier.
Pros
Atmosphere and employee discounts
Cons
Long hours and travel
company closed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2015
company closed, if not i will stay here coz i am happy working there. Management has been good to me, i enjoy the benefits they offer to us
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 May 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Retail sales meets optical
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2015
A typical day at work for me includes major multi-tasking; I answer phones and book eye exams for our Dr. that is attached, I dispense eyewear, I find the perfect frame for a customer, fit the frame and do any necessary adjustments, I discuss their options for lenses, deal with any direct billing to insurance providers (when applicable), and take their payment. Inventory control is part of my day to day activities (i.e.: doing the paperwork required for transferring product from store to store, receiving product when it comes in, removing damaged product from stock etc.). Counting cash and making up deposits at the end of a night. I help the general manager with scheduling associates and inputting said schedule into E-Schedule. On saturday's at close I run payroll. When the store has promotional changes I flip the store, changing out old signage for new. A big part of my job lies in coaching and developing my team...if they aren't at sales plan, what can I do to help them get there? As manager on duty, I authorize any discounts, returns, and exchanges. This job has really taught me how to prioritize with tasks and get a multitude of things done all at once.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and staff, great discounts on eyewear, good benefits
Cons
Working evenings and weekends, being on my feet for 8 hours a day running around
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2015
During most of the shifts during the week you work alone so you learn how to work independently and complete majority of the assigned tasks on your own. During the weekends the store is usually really busy so I got very used to working in a fast paced environment.
Great place with wonderful team
Sales/Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2015
Busy with constant flow customers. Very relaxed medical setting type environment. The product was great and prices were good too. I felt confident selling the products because I believed in them. Management was decent and did what they were suppose to do. If any issues they would help you out. The team was a great group of people who supported each other. There is always a chance for continuing education and to grow within the organization.
Pros
Team
Cons
Evening and weekends
Place of growth and high energy!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Square one, Mississauga ON14 April 2015
Teaches associates about effective sales techniques.
Making the customers day is our #1 goal.
The management is decent, everyone appears to be friendly and we all work as a team.
I absolutely LOVE my fellow sales associates. They all feel like family.
Hardest part is the pressure to keep everything 100% perfect, but if you're doing the job properly, you shouldn't have any problems.
I enjoyed pretty much everything about working here, especially being able to make personal connections with every customer and getting to know customers on personal levels and helping them find shades that make them feel great.
Pros
Great place for personal growth
Cons
The only con is snobby customers that treat associates poorly b/c they are buying $1000 glasses, but hey, you'd get that at any luxury store, not the company's fault
sales rep. optician
Optical Technician/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 April 2015
repair glasses. Making new lense for new frames for customers. Helping sales floor when store became too busy. General stoer maintenance
A fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2015
Learning new things
Management was excellent
Tons of customers to help with products
Co-workers were friendly
Improving my customer service
Pros
Contests
Cons
Only one person worked in the store during 4-5 hours (no breaks)
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town Center10 March 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississauga28 February 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
productive and fun
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2015
productive
great environment
employees and management are amazing
fun competitions between employees to keep energy up and strive for more sales
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 February 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
A professional yet fun environment to work in.
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Erin Mills Town Centre, Mississauga, ON22 January 2015
• Honesty, Integrity, Respect and a positive work ethic are an important part of the organization.
• Training store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
• Making sure the store meets its monthly targets and handling budgets
• Dealing with enquiries and complaints and monitoring customer service to serve customers as needed.
• Running the store under minimal supervision and ensuring all goals and objectives are met.
• Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
• Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
• Preparing sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
• Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2015
Fast paced environment. Co-workers are like family. Benefits and salaries are excellent. Managers and Supervisors are supportive and considerate. Everybody is enjoying their work.
There's always room for improvement and innovations.