Luxottica Employee Reviews

Great workplace, very friendly and ethical atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario13 April 2014
A typical day at work is arriving bright and early, setting up my desk, and preparing my daily routine.

I've learned a great deal about customer service and addressing all issues and concerns of all our clients.

Our management team are very helpful and are always there to aid us in any way possible to ensure customer satisfaction and an enjoyable work place.

My coworkers come second to none, we have built a strong family type bond and love working together.

Hardest part of the job I would have to say is the volume of calls we get daily. On a daily basis each customer service representative handles anywhere from 170-210 calls. Its a pleasure taking them but it is quite the volume of calls.

The most enjoyable part of my days are when the customer hangs up each call knowing that we ensured their satisfaction and resolved any issue at hand.
Pros
enjoyable workplace/ family oriented environment
Cons
none.
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 October 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oakridge5 April 2014
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low on hours
Sunglass Hut: Where great customer service meets international design & function.
Sales Associate, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
After years of experience in the food and beverage industry, I decided to pursue a new venture in retail. I was new to working with designer brands and fashion, however my colleagues took me under their wing to ease me into the role. They helped me develop the customer service skills I obtained in the past and apply it to my current position, and they also helped me develop an understanding of fashion styles and international trends.
Productive workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2014
Luxottica has a past-paced working environment.
Good management team and the team itself is good in meeting required production and deadlines. The company provides good benefits.
Practice what you preach
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC14 May 2013
Sunglass Hut says they like to promote with in? They do not. They treat everyone like they are replaceable and if you don't suck up to higher management they will do everything to make you quit because they need a lot to fire you.

They no longer listen to their managers or their staff. And every time you answer their question they tell you that you are making excuses.

They don't even follow their own policies. It has become a sad day for a company that use to be so great to work for.

They also pay below average but ask you to do more.
Pros
Free pair of Sunglasses
Cons
Underpay and not valued
Energetic and informative workplace
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS and Kingston, ON11 September 2015
Sunglass Hut provides an excellent work environment where a high level of energy, and product information relating to fashion design play a key role in ensuring a positive customer experience. The hiring standards of Sunglass Hut ensure good coworkers with a shared goal of providing customers with a shopping experience beyond satisfactory.
Pros
High energy environment
Cons
Short shift hours
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab27 June 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Amazing company to work for!
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
A typical work day at Sunglass Hut would consist of your regular scheduled start time and commence assisting customers at finding the right fit in style and/or comfort, while also remaining in the customers budget. Management was very helpful and positive throughout my entire time at Sunglass Hut. The most enjoyable part of the job would working in a small boutique in a business forward location.
get to check out nice new sunglasses, received discount on glasses as well
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 November 2015
was able to help customers pick out glasses that they needed or best suited them, keep store clean and input info into system.
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 May 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 October 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississauga28 February 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
A fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2015
Learning new things
Management was excellent
Tons of customers to help with products
Co-workers were friendly
Improving my customer service
Pros
Contests
Cons
Only one person worked in the store during 4-5 hours (no breaks)
productive and fun
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2015
productive
great environment
employees and management are amazing
fun competitions between employees to keep energy up and strive for more sales
Sunglass Hut is a one place where you get to meet the world!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2013
Sunglass Hut typical day at work consists of basically running through the customer experience over and over again with each customer we welcome. It is an exciting process because along the way, one can get to know a lot of people and also make some friends along the way.

Sunglass hut has taught me to keep it simple and SMART!

Managing the Store is simple but there are days that a TO DO list can go on for 2 or 3 pages.

There is nothing Hard about working at sunglass hut. In fact, there is a lot of excitement when I go to work. If I didn't enjoy it or found it hard, I would've left it the day after I started it.

I enjoy working on Saturdays when I have most of my team on the floor. The amount of attention and attraction we create in our store when we are working together makes our customers excited about our product.
Pros
Excellent support system.
Cons
Sunglasses sell mostly in the summer and winter. Slow times hit hard!
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary18 October 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2015
Fast paced environment. Co-workers are like family. Benefits and salaries are excellent. Managers and Supervisors are supportive and considerate. Everybody is enjoying their work.
There's always room for improvement and innovations.
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Fast pace working environment with understanding managers and flexible work schedules
Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta3 August 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me dealing with customers and their needs in accordance to the details about certain sunglasses (newest models), I would consult with these customers face to face or over the phone interaction. I learned that everyone customer was unique in their own way, everyone has different needs, this was exactly the type of challenge I liked: helping me develop my communication skills in more depth. The management at Sunglass Hut was very employee friendly, they provided me with a schedule that worked around my schedule when I was attending university courses during my last 2 years at Sunglass Hut. The hardest part of the job was trying to find lunch breaks for myself at times, considering the fact that sometimes I had to open and close the store by myself, but I still managed and got through this stage, and overtime it became very natural to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees that were as motivated as I was in meeting the customer's needs in the it's fullest potential. On a side note: I enjoyed building a professional relationship with my customers, it made happy every time I called them to hear them say that they were satisfied with their new products.
Pros
Flexible schedule around my school schedule
Cons
Health coverages