Luxottica Employee Reviews in Canada

Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississaugaFebruary 28, 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
productive and fun
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
productive
great environment
employees and management are amazing
fun competitions between employees to keep energy up and strive for more sales
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
A professional yet fun environment to work in.
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Erin Mills Town Centre, Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2015
• Honesty, Integrity, Respect and a positive work ethic are an important part of the organization.
• Training store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
• Making sure the store meets its monthly targets and handling budgets
• Dealing with enquiries and complaints and monitoring customer service to serve customers as needed.
• Running the store under minimal supervision and ensuring all goals and objectives are met.
• Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
• Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
• Preparing sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
• Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2015
Fast paced environment. Co-workers are like family. Benefits and salaries are excellent. Managers and Supervisors are supportive and considerate. Everybody is enjoying their work.
There's always room for improvement and innovations.
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
Mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Friendly enviroment
Eye Wear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2014
Co-workers are always very helpful and eager to teach.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers are happy about their purchase.
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 6, 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Pros
Free pizza hut lunches, and Greek donuts from NS
Cons
no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.
Fantastic Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I learned how to be patient with guests, provide them with solutions unique to their situation.
Amazing company to work for!
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
A typical work day at Sunglass Hut would consist of your regular scheduled start time and commence assisting customers at finding the right fit in style and/or comfort, while also remaining in the customers budget. Management was very helpful and positive throughout my entire time at Sunglass Hut. The most enjoyable part of the job would working in a small boutique in a business forward location.
okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 23, 2014
Working at the sunglass hut was a stepping stone to where I am, although I may not of had a great time there I learned a lot.
Fast pace working environment with understanding managers and flexible work schedules
Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me dealing with customers and their needs in accordance to the details about certain sunglasses (newest models), I would consult with these customers face to face or over the phone interaction. I learned that everyone customer was unique in their own way, everyone has different needs, this was exactly the type of challenge I liked: helping me develop my communication skills in more depth. The management at Sunglass Hut was very employee friendly, they provided me with a schedule that worked around my schedule when I was attending university courses during my last 2 years at Sunglass Hut. The hardest part of the job was trying to find lunch breaks for myself at times, considering the fact that sometimes I had to open and close the store by myself, but I still managed and got through this stage, and overtime it became very natural to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees that were as motivated as I was in meeting the customer's needs in the it's fullest potential. On a side note: I enjoyed building a professional relationship with my customers, it made happy every time I called them to hear them say that they were satisfied with their new products.
Pros
Flexible schedule around my school schedule
Cons
Health coverages
productive and we had special lunches
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
was a fun place to work at, had a steady job flow, good shift hours and benefits and good memories. The hard part was keeping up when there were machine shut downs, or a lack of staff, but this was minor.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long work day
Good for students, Good management team
Assistant Optician/Sales associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 6, 2014
- Dispensed frames/Pre-exam procedures (PD, pressures, etc.)
- Office tasks including filing patient orders, word processing and coordinating appointments
Passionate, imaginative, entrepreneurial and simple company.
Production technician (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2014
Equal opportunities for advancement for all workers, team oriented work place.
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
Productive workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2014
Luxottica has a past-paced working environment.
Good management team and the team itself is good in meeting required production and deadlines. The company provides good benefits.
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product