Luxottica Employee Reviews

Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OakridgeApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low on hours
Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCOctober 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
Productive workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2014
Luxottica has a past-paced working environment.
Good management team and the team itself is good in meeting required production and deadlines. The company provides good benefits.
Practice what you preach
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCMay 14, 2013
Sunglass Hut says they like to promote with in? They do not. They treat everyone like they are replaceable and if you don't suck up to higher management they will do everything to make you quit because they need a lot to fire you.

They no longer listen to their managers or their staff. And every time you answer their question they tell you that you are making excuses.

They don't even follow their own policies. It has become a sad day for a company that use to be so great to work for.

They also pay below average but ask you to do more.
Pros
Free pair of Sunglasses
Cons
Underpay and not valued
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 18, 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 22, 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Amazing company to work for!
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
A typical work day at Sunglass Hut would consist of your regular scheduled start time and commence assisting customers at finding the right fit in style and/or comfort, while also remaining in the customers budget. Management was very helpful and positive throughout my entire time at Sunglass Hut. The most enjoyable part of the job would working in a small boutique in a business forward location.
A fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
Learning new things
Management was excellent
Tons of customers to help with products
Co-workers were friendly
Improving my customer service
Pros
Contests
Cons
Only one person worked in the store during 4-5 hours (no breaks)
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississaugaFebruary 28, 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
productive and fun
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
productive
great environment
employees and management are amazing
fun competitions between employees to keep energy up and strive for more sales
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2015
Fast paced environment. Co-workers are like family. Benefits and salaries are excellent. Managers and Supervisors are supportive and considerate. Everybody is enjoying their work.
There's always room for improvement and innovations.
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
easy going job, fun atmosphere. friendly people. great staff and managers. if you're not used to retail you ay get tired from standing all day.
Sunglass Hut is a one place where you get to meet the world!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2013
Sunglass Hut typical day at work consists of basically running through the customer experience over and over again with each customer we welcome. It is an exciting process because along the way, one can get to know a lot of people and also make some friends along the way.

Sunglass hut has taught me to keep it simple and SMART!

Managing the Store is simple but there are days that a TO DO list can go on for 2 or 3 pages.

There is nothing Hard about working at sunglass hut. In fact, there is a lot of excitement when I go to work. If I didn't enjoy it or found it hard, I would've left it the day after I started it.

I enjoy working on Saturdays when I have most of my team on the floor. The amount of attention and attraction we create in our store when we are working together makes our customers excited about our product.
Pros
Excellent support system.
Cons
Sunglasses sell mostly in the summer and winter. Slow times hit hard!
Fast pace working environment with understanding managers and flexible work schedules
Retail (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 3, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me dealing with customers and their needs in accordance to the details about certain sunglasses (newest models), I would consult with these customers face to face or over the phone interaction. I learned that everyone customer was unique in their own way, everyone has different needs, this was exactly the type of challenge I liked: helping me develop my communication skills in more depth. The management at Sunglass Hut was very employee friendly, they provided me with a schedule that worked around my schedule when I was attending university courses during my last 2 years at Sunglass Hut. The hardest part of the job was trying to find lunch breaks for myself at times, considering the fact that sometimes I had to open and close the store by myself, but I still managed and got through this stage, and overtime it became very natural to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees that were as motivated as I was in meeting the customer's needs in the it's fullest potential. On a side note: I enjoyed building a professional relationship with my customers, it made happy every time I called them to hear them say that they were satisfied with their new products.
Pros
Flexible schedule around my school schedule
Cons
Health coverages
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Fashion environment for everyones day to day style.
Sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, onAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work was arriving, signing onto the computer and go straight on the floor. As a sales associate at Sunglass hut, my job was to provide great costumer service, along with making the costumer feel at home. I had an hourly and weekly sales goal. If the store was empty, I would clean the glasses, shelves and keep up to date with the newest eyewear styles and brands.

My coworkers were extremely friendly and were always helpful. The hardest part of my job was that I was getting enough hours at the store and it was long distance from my college, where I was a student full time.

Most enjoyable part of was helping the costumers find the perfect sunglasses.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No hours
productive and we had special lunches
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
was a fun place to work at, had a steady job flow, good shift hours and benefits and good memories. The hard part was keeping up when there were machine shut downs, or a lack of staff, but this was minor.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long work day
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Pros
Free pizza hut lunches, and Greek donuts from NS
Cons
no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.