Luxottica Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 October 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
Mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 October 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
Amazing company to work for!
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
A typical work day at Sunglass Hut would consist of your regular scheduled start time and commence assisting customers at finding the right fit in style and/or comfort, while also remaining in the customers budget. Management was very helpful and positive throughout my entire time at Sunglass Hut. The most enjoyable part of the job would working in a small boutique in a business forward location.
Marketing Assistant
Sales Representative / Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto On14 September 2015
-assist with marketing campaigns for brokers
-exposure to portfolio management
-investment banking
-great team work environment
Pros
Great Co-op opportunity
Cons
length of time
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oakridge5 April 2014
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low on hours
Fun workplace with great bonuses
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 January 2014
A typical day at work includes putting forth the knowledge of the product the store is selling, with outstanding management and helpful coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is being on single coverage and not really having anyone to talk to in the down time if you're not use to it, it does grow on you though.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is the semi competitive nature of the management and coworkers in terms of sales for the week/month.
Fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab16 April 2012
• Responsible for running payroll every week, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared weekly sales reports to present to the manager
• Improved productivity by monitoring sales of associates
• Provide accurate, quality and caring service in an efficient manner to existing and new customers
• Utilize effective listening and communication skills to identify problems, needs, or opportunities
• Actively sell LensCrafters products and services to current and potential customers
Practice what you preach
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC14 May 2013
Sunglass Hut says they like to promote with in? They do not. They treat everyone like they are replaceable and if you don't suck up to higher management they will do everything to make you quit because they need a lot to fire you.

They no longer listen to their managers or their staff. And every time you answer their question they tell you that you are making excuses.

They don't even follow their own policies. It has become a sad day for a company that use to be so great to work for.

They also pay below average but ask you to do more.
Pros
Free pair of Sunglasses
Cons
Underpay and not valued
Fashion environment for everyones day to day style.
Sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, on13 August 2013
A typical day at work was arriving, signing onto the computer and go straight on the floor. As a sales associate at Sunglass hut, my job was to provide great costumer service, along with making the costumer feel at home. I had an hourly and weekly sales goal. If the store was empty, I would clean the glasses, shelves and keep up to date with the newest eyewear styles and brands.

My coworkers were extremely friendly and were always helpful. The hardest part of my job was that I was getting enough hours at the store and it was long distance from my college, where I was a student full time.

Most enjoyable part of was helping the costumers find the perfect sunglasses.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No hours
Staff recognized the talent & respected the way I did things even if it wasn't how they would do it.
Frames Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2014
The Pearle Vision store located in the Georgian Mall has an awesome staff where customer service still reigns! The values and work ethics of the staff was a good match for me. I was the only employee that was not an optician but everyone helped me, without hesitation, when I had questions to further understand the business. Management was respectful of others and she was strong in her position. The hardest part of the job was the computer system which was temperamental. The customers were great and I enjoyed servicing them. In my 25 years of retail experience, it was the best job I ever had.
Pros
Healthy mental work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace and great team environment
Keyholder/ Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2014
Sunglass hut is super fun in regards to the general workplace environments. There is the potential for every employee to make commission when we hit our sales goals or go over the goals for the week. Although it's minimum wage, the bonus of earning commission makes it even more of a great environment to be versus other retail stores
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 April 2015
During most of the shifts during the week you work alone so you learn how to work independently and complete majority of the assigned tasks on your own. During the weekends the store is usually really busy so I got very used to working in a fast paced environment.
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab27 June 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary18 October 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
It was fun learning to read prescription from paper and applying to lens being made for customers
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario16 April 2013
grinding lens to the prescription and fitting the lens into the frame the customer has chosen
Pros
50% off glasses for family/friends and free glasses once a year
Cons
the time frame was not always doable for a number of reasons
Certified Technician
Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2014
Working as laboratory technician. Key responsibilities are inventory management, manufacturing of lens, manufacturing quality inspects, quality inspection of final product, periodical maintenance of lab and machines. Customer management and after-sale service of product
Fun , Comfortable , New
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Kildonan Place16 April 2014
Work was never boring I enjoyed every shift , working at sunglass hut supplied me with great customer service skills and the ability to use the cash register and handle shipment as well . It gave me a unique perspective of what its like to work inside a business or store .
Pros
Great Incentives