Luxottica Employee Reviews in Canada

Positive work environment.
Sales associate / Key holder (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 16, 2015
A typical day at my job would be to keep customers satisfied and inform them of the promotions and products we have to best suit their needs. Working well with my co workers creates a great environment and strong work ethic.
Pros
Great atmosphere, strong team, encouraging environment.
Cons
Theft
SGH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits
get to check out nice new sunglasses, received discount on glasses as well
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 3, 2015
was able to help customers pick out glasses that they needed or best suited them, keep store clean and input info into system.
Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCOctober 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ONJune 12, 2015
Great company to work for!
As an assistant manager had to make sure all staff were in on scheduled shifts. Maintain that all standards were upheld on sales floor. Every employee was given the Oakley training once first hired. As tech information is key on the Oakley product.
The training was simple and enjoyable, which helped in a lot of sales.
Toughest part of the job was trying to give all the customers full attention during high traffic. However the environment is the store is amazing which made things easier.
Pros
Atmosphere and employee discounts
Cons
Long hours and travel
Marketing Assistant
Sales Representative / Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnSeptember 14, 2015
-assist with marketing campaigns for brokers
-exposure to portfolio management
-investment banking
-great team work environment
Pros
Great Co-op opportunity
Cons
length of time
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 18, 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Great place with wonderful team
Sales/Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 21, 2015
Busy with constant flow customers. Very relaxed medical setting type environment. The product was great and prices were good too. I felt confident selling the products because I believed in them. Management was decent and did what they were suppose to do. If any issues they would help you out. The team was a great group of people who supported each other. There is always a chance for continuing education and to grow within the organization.
Pros
Team
Cons
Evening and weekends
Place of growth and high energy!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Square one, Mississauga ONApril 14, 2015
Teaches associates about effective sales techniques.
Making the customers day is our #1 goal.
The management is decent, everyone appears to be friendly and we all work as a team.
I absolutely LOVE my fellow sales associates. They all feel like family.
Hardest part is the pressure to keep everything 100% perfect, but if you're doing the job properly, you shouldn't have any problems.
I enjoyed pretty much everything about working here, especially being able to make personal connections with every customer and getting to know customers on personal levels and helping them find shades that make them feel great.
Pros
Great place for personal growth
Cons
The only con is snobby customers that treat associates poorly b/c they are buying $1000 glasses, but hey, you'd get that at any luxury store, not the company's fault
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town CenterMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AbJune 27, 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2015
During most of the shifts during the week you work alone so you learn how to work independently and complete majority of the assigned tasks on your own. During the weekends the store is usually really busy so I got very used to working in a fast paced environment.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
easy going job, fun atmosphere. friendly people. great staff and managers. if you're not used to retail you ay get tired from standing all day.
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
Mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 6, 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
Amazing company to work for!
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
A typical work day at Sunglass Hut would consist of your regular scheduled start time and commence assisting customers at finding the right fit in style and/or comfort, while also remaining in the customers budget. Management was very helpful and positive throughout my entire time at Sunglass Hut. The most enjoyable part of the job would working in a small boutique in a business forward location.
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 22, 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
A fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
Learning new things
Management was excellent
Tons of customers to help with products
Co-workers were friendly
Improving my customer service
Pros
Contests
Cons
Only one person worked in the store during 4-5 hours (no breaks)
Lenscrafters
Sales Consultant & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OakridgeApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work includes trying to make sales to reach our individual target goals. We do so by approaching customers, making them feel comfortable, selecting appropriate eyeglasses and sunglasses for them, and trying to close the sale. The management team is very close to all my co-workers, it feels as if we all work together rather than for them. The hardest part of the job is trying to make our goals on slow days when not very many customers are coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am helping customers see better!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low on hours