Luxottica Employee Reviews

Typical busy Saturday
Eye-wear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2016
consulting patience about their prescription, lense and frame options keeping in mind their budget, lifestyle, and looks. The job requires us to have accurate and excellent product knowledge in order to advice patience and pick the right frames and lenses as it is health care.
Pros
Help people see what they love and love what they see.
Cons
No hours and unfair pay
Meet nice People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
You meet nice people. But at my location, some staff picks out favorite people, and is not afraid of letting you know that. Makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Actual Manager herself is wonderful, super nice and down to earth, only problem is that she is also the area manager, so you don't see her often, and when shes there, she working in the back trying to get everything done.
Pros
nice people, most staff is nice.
Cons
don't see managment very often, some staff clique
Very productive and enjoyable play to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was interacting with different people which helped me be more confident in a one on one conversation.
Pros
50% off
Cons
short hours
Awesome place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
If you can score a job here, you are set. The people are really nice and the lab is a great environment. Would highly recommend.
Face paced, high energy store with great employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
This job is a challenging yet fun. Having the skills to multi-task while still making sure that every customer has the same experience can be overwhelming but the great thing is it keeps you on your feet. With "Energy" being one of the big focuses in the store, the music plays a big part in making your entrance into the store feel like you're entering into a party where you can have fun trying on different styles. Typically when you go shopping, some customers are not interested in talking to associates in fear that they will be pressured into buying. This challenge is greatly welcomed by associates for one reason: We focused on making personal connections and treat them as a guest. I've learned different methods of management skills that I have taken with me such as coaching, scheduling, merchandising, etc.
overall
Key Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2016
I worked for Luxottica for almost 30 years and enjoyed working for the company. I was hired as a order checker and when the company closed their doors in 2014 I had worked myself up to key account assistant for our top customers.
Pros
I worked with a lot of great people and enjoyed the atmosphere
Cons
Management would not listen
Great team in WEM
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB13 June 2016
Had a ton of fun when i first started here but in the last while the company is changing way too much and its changed the work culture.
Not a good place if looking for hours!!
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2016
was told they give a lot of hours, when i got my schedule I only had 4 hours for the week. I asked and she told me the average per week is 8-10 which was not said to me when i told her i wanted 15-25 hours a week.
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 June 2016
Good environment to develop communication and sales skills
Company was good.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
When this business was crowfoot it was a fantastic company, the people who owned the business were invested and understood simple business economics. Once the company sold it went downhill, they eventually claimed bankruptcy and lost their business.
Pros
was better when it was crowfoot
Cons
was terrible when it was aristocrat
fantastic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2016
It is incredibly tasking due to the high end products that need to be sold, however the work environment and the staff benefits and treatment is superb
supervisor treat you like we are on military discipline, not allowed to listen to the radio in the company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
There's no advancement in the workplace, whatever you been assign
job that's it. You're not allowed to help anyone, do only one job that told to be done. I love to work and help but I am not allowed to help. Doing only the things asked to do. There's no radio to listen. Just worked till the job done. It is miserable day after day. If there is a rating of minus star this will be the rate. Very poor management. Employees keep on quitting because of the supervisor or the management.
environnement de travail dynamique
Oakley (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 May 2016
-conseil à la vente
- des shifts de 8h debout
- En apprendre davantage sur les diverses technologies dans l'industrie des matériaux de sport
Great place to work on sales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2016
Love the company, allowed me to really work on how to sell effectively. Fun, fast and full of ENERGY! Great benefits for full time, great commission during peek season, all in all a great learning experience.
Positive and Energizing Store
Eyecare Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A normal day at work was answering phones, checking jobs for customers, selling glasses and educating clients on what would be best for their life style and vision needs. Cleaning and visual merchandising by materials and colors. Repairs such as a broken arms or lenses coming out of frames and replacing screws or nose pads. I learned how to ask the right questions to learn the correct information in order to be able to provide the right products. I also learned soft skills; the right way to relay a message in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections and really making the customer happy with their purchase. My co-workers were so much fun and always there for support when needed. The management was very supportive and always there to teach new skills and new ways to elevate customer experiences.
Pros
Annual complimentary pair of glasses.
Cons
Large daily sales goals.
Fun but professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2016
daily work was minimal
co workers were easy to work with
professional work place
enjoyed location of store
management was not the greatest
Pros
good discount
Cons
poor management skills
Eyewear Consult
LensCrafters - Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB14 April 2016
This company was great, but the hours were very unstable. My hours got cut with the blink of an eye, and I was the top performing associate.
Also a lot of under the table nepotism going on here.
Pros
commissions
Cons
short shifts (3 hours), opportunity for advancement given to family members
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunglass Hut experience. I learned the importance of being personable and organized. My co-workers were all great people. Working in retail does get challenging but it is surely rewarding.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Making sale goals
Engaging and productive workplace environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2016
A workplace environment that is motivating and adheres to achieving team and personal goal in relation to sales and customer service. A wonderful manager, and room to cultivate persuasion and interpersonal skills in a sales setting.
Fun workpplace full of energy!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
A typical day of work at Sunglass Hut involves fun interaction with clients. From the array of sunglasses to choose from, and company perks, there is never a dull moment!
Pros
Free goodies when points are collected, 1 free pair of sunglasses a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.