Luxottica Employee Reviews in Canada

Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 18, 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Productive and fun environment
sales rep, customer service, and key holder (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCOctober 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Sunglass Hut. The job taught me how to work under pressure and how to handle it. Also taught me a great level of customer service.
Positive work environment.
Sales associate / Key holder (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 16, 2015
A typical day at my job would be to keep customers satisfied and inform them of the promotions and products we have to best suit their needs. Working well with my co workers creates a great environment and strong work ethic.
Pros
Great atmosphere, strong team, encouraging environment.
Cons
Theft
Marketing Assistant
Sales Representative / Training Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnSeptember 14, 2015
-assist with marketing campaigns for brokers
-exposure to portfolio management
-investment banking
-great team work environment
Pros
Great Co-op opportunity
Cons
length of time
Energetic and informative workplace
Sales Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS and Kingston, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Sunglass Hut provides an excellent work environment where a high level of energy, and product information relating to fashion design play a key role in ensuring a positive customer experience. The hiring standards of Sunglass Hut ensure good coworkers with a shared goal of providing customers with a shopping experience beyond satisfactory.
Pros
High energy environment
Cons
Short shift hours
Sunglass Hut: Where great customer service meets international design & function.
Sales Associate, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2015
After years of experience in the food and beverage industry, I decided to pursue a new venture in retail. I was new to working with designer brands and fashion, however my colleagues took me under their wing to ease me into the role. They helped me develop the customer service skills I obtained in the past and apply it to my current position, and they also helped me develop an understanding of fashion styles and international trends.
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2015
easy going job, fun atmosphere. friendly people. great staff and managers. if you're not used to retail you ay get tired from standing all day.
SGH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AbJune 27, 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ONJune 12, 2015
Great company to work for!
As an assistant manager had to make sure all staff were in on scheduled shifts. Maintain that all standards were upheld on sales floor. Every employee was given the Oakley training once first hired. As tech information is key on the Oakley product.
The training was simple and enjoyable, which helped in a lot of sales.
Toughest part of the job was trying to give all the customers full attention during high traffic. However the environment is the store is amazing which made things easier.
Pros
Atmosphere and employee discounts
Cons
Long hours and travel
company closed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 1, 2015
company closed, if not i will stay here coz i am happy working there. Management has been good to me, i enjoy the benefits they offer to us
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMay 22, 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Retail sales meets optical
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes major multi-tasking; I answer phones and book eye exams for our Dr. that is attached, I dispense eyewear, I find the perfect frame for a customer, fit the frame and do any necessary adjustments, I discuss their options for lenses, deal with any direct billing to insurance providers (when applicable), and take their payment. Inventory control is part of my day to day activities (i.e.: doing the paperwork required for transferring product from store to store, receiving product when it comes in, removing damaged product from stock etc.). Counting cash and making up deposits at the end of a night. I help the general manager with scheduling associates and inputting said schedule into E-Schedule. On saturday's at close I run payroll. When the store has promotional changes I flip the store, changing out old signage for new. A big part of my job lies in coaching and developing my team...if they aren't at sales plan, what can I do to help them get there? As manager on duty, I authorize any discounts, returns, and exchanges. This job has really taught me how to prioritize with tasks and get a multitude of things done all at once.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and staff, great discounts on eyewear, good benefits
Cons
Working evenings and weekends, being on my feet for 8 hours a day running around
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 29, 2015
During most of the shifts during the week you work alone so you learn how to work independently and complete majority of the assigned tasks on your own. During the weekends the store is usually really busy so I got very used to working in a fast paced environment.
Great place with wonderful team
Sales/Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 21, 2015
Busy with constant flow customers. Very relaxed medical setting type environment. The product was great and prices were good too. I felt confident selling the products because I believed in them. Management was decent and did what they were suppose to do. If any issues they would help you out. The team was a great group of people who supported each other. There is always a chance for continuing education and to grow within the organization.
Pros
Team
Cons
Evening and weekends
Place of growth and high energy!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Square one, Mississauga ONApril 14, 2015
Teaches associates about effective sales techniques.
Making the customers day is our #1 goal.
The management is decent, everyone appears to be friendly and we all work as a team.
I absolutely LOVE my fellow sales associates. They all feel like family.
Hardest part is the pressure to keep everything 100% perfect, but if you're doing the job properly, you shouldn't have any problems.
I enjoyed pretty much everything about working here, especially being able to make personal connections with every customer and getting to know customers on personal levels and helping them find shades that make them feel great.
Pros
Great place for personal growth
Cons
The only con is snobby customers that treat associates poorly b/c they are buying $1000 glasses, but hey, you'd get that at any luxury store, not the company's fault
sales rep. optician
Optical Technician/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 13, 2015
repair glasses. Making new lense for new frames for customers. Helping sales floor when store became too busy. General stoer maintenance
A fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
Learning new things
Management was excellent
Tons of customers to help with products
Co-workers were friendly
Improving my customer service
Pros
Contests
Cons
Only one person worked in the store during 4-5 hours (no breaks)
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town CenterMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.