Luxottica Employee Reviews

Not a good place if looking for hours!!
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2016
was told they give a lot of hours, when i got my schedule I only had 4 hours for the week. I asked and she told me the average per week is 8-10 which was not said to me when i told her i wanted 15-25 hours a week.
Very productive and enjoyable play to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was interacting with different people which helped me be more confident in a one on one conversation.
Pros
50% off
Cons
short hours
Great friendly environment but not employee oriented
Part-time Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Throughout working here I have been very happy working with my team. Through several changes in management it has brought a lot of stress to the employees. LensCrafters was very good to their people at the time I started. The longer I stayed the more they cut down on their people and hours. Other than management I was very happy there. Many things were very clear, well prepared, organized, and has a high selection of products.
Pros
They cover your License fee
Cons
Evolving to more work same pay attitude
Fun but professional workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2016
daily work was minimal
co workers were easy to work with
professional work place
enjoyed location of store
management was not the greatest
Pros
good discount
Cons
poor management skills
Awesome place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
If you can score a job here, you are set. The people are really nice and the lab is a great environment. Would highly recommend.
Retail sales meets optical
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2015
A typical day at work for me includes major multi-tasking; I answer phones and book eye exams for our Dr. that is attached, I dispense eyewear, I find the perfect frame for a customer, fit the frame and do any necessary adjustments, I discuss their options for lenses, deal with any direct billing to insurance providers (when applicable), and take their payment. Inventory control is part of my day to day activities (i.e.: doing the paperwork required for transferring product from store to store, receiving product when it comes in, removing damaged product from stock etc.). Counting cash and making up deposits at the end of a night. I help the general manager with scheduling associates and inputting said schedule into E-Schedule. On saturday's at close I run payroll. When the store has promotional changes I flip the store, changing out old signage for new. A big part of my job lies in coaching and developing my team...if they aren't at sales plan, what can I do to help them get there? As manager on duty, I authorize any discounts, returns, and exchanges. This job has really taught me how to prioritize with tasks and get a multitude of things done all at once.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and staff, great discounts on eyewear, good benefits
Cons
Working evenings and weekends, being on my feet for 8 hours a day running around
company closed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 June 2015
company closed, if not i will stay here coz i am happy working there. Management has been good to me, i enjoy the benefits they offer to us
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunglass Hut experience. I learned the importance of being personable and organized. My co-workers were all great people. Working in retail does get challenging but it is surely rewarding.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Making sale goals
Engaging and productive workplace environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2016
A workplace environment that is motivating and adheres to achieving team and personal goal in relation to sales and customer service. A wonderful manager, and room to cultivate persuasion and interpersonal skills in a sales setting.
Production
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2015
Fast paced environment. Co-workers are like family. Benefits and salaries are excellent. Managers and Supervisors are supportive and considerate. Everybody is enjoying their work.
There's always room for improvement and innovations.
Productive workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2014
Luxottica has a past-paced working environment.
Good management team and the team itself is good in meeting required production and deadlines. The company provides good benefits.
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
productive and we had special lunches
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2014
was a fun place to work at, had a steady job flow, good shift hours and benefits and good memories. The hard part was keeping up when there were machine shut downs, or a lack of staff, but this was minor.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long work day
Fun workpplace full of energy!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2016
A typical day of work at Sunglass Hut involves fun interaction with clients. From the array of sunglasses to choose from, and company perks, there is never a dull moment!
Pros
Free goodies when points are collected, 1 free pair of sunglasses a year.
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town Center10 March 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughn, ON12 June 2015
Great company to work for!
As an assistant manager had to make sure all staff were in on scheduled shifts. Maintain that all standards were upheld on sales floor. Every employee was given the Oakley training once first hired. As tech information is key on the Oakley product.
The training was simple and enjoyable, which helped in a lot of sales.
Toughest part of the job was trying to give all the customers full attention during high traffic. However the environment is the store is amazing which made things easier.
Pros
Atmosphere and employee discounts
Cons
Long hours and travel
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
Mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Positive work environment.
Sales associate / Key holder (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2015
A typical day at my job would be to keep customers satisfied and inform them of the promotions and products we have to best suit their needs. Working well with my co workers creates a great environment and strong work ethic.
Pros
Great atmosphere, strong team, encouraging environment.
Cons
Theft
Place of growth and high energy!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Square one, Mississauga ON14 April 2015
Teaches associates about effective sales techniques.
Making the customers day is our #1 goal.
The management is decent, everyone appears to be friendly and we all work as a team.
I absolutely LOVE my fellow sales associates. They all feel like family.
Hardest part is the pressure to keep everything 100% perfect, but if you're doing the job properly, you shouldn't have any problems.
I enjoyed pretty much everything about working here, especially being able to make personal connections with every customer and getting to know customers on personal levels and helping them find shades that make them feel great.
Pros
Great place for personal growth
Cons
The only con is snobby customers that treat associates poorly b/c they are buying $1000 glasses, but hey, you'd get that at any luxury store, not the company's fault
Sunglass Hut: Where great customer service meets international design & function.
Sales Associate, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
After years of experience in the food and beverage industry, I decided to pursue a new venture in retail. I was new to working with designer brands and fashion, however my colleagues took me under their wing to ease me into the role. They helped me develop the customer service skills I obtained in the past and apply it to my current position, and they also helped me develop an understanding of fashion styles and international trends.