Luxottica Employee Reviews

fantastic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2016
It is incredibly tasking due to the high end products that need to be sold, however the work environment and the staff benefits and treatment is superb
Great company to work for. Has longevity Great position for students flexible hours
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2016
Lenscrafters Lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. I was happy to wake up and go into work. I learned a lot about time management and problem solving. The management for the most part was good and fair. The hardest part about the job was sometimes things would get really busy and pressed for time since lenses are promised within the hour but nothing some team work couldn't get through. The most enjoyable part was that we acted like a family and cared for one another. Also we got to listen to our own music since we weren't connecting to the store or where customers could hear us. Not to mention it was in a mall so food courts and shopping on lunch break were a thing.
Pros
Good location good people good enviroment
Cons
starting wage isn't much
Great place to work on sales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2016
Love the company, allowed me to really work on how to sell effectively. Fun, fast and full of ENERGY! Great benefits for full time, great commission during peek season, all in all a great learning experience.
Flexible and good job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
-Job is quite flexible for students and I definitely recommend it for those that want a casual job while taking school
-Organisation Culture is quite fun and there is room for career advancement
-However, it is very service oriented and can quickly become boring
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Mundane, extremely boring
supervisor treat you like we are on military discipline, not allowed to listen to the radio in the company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
There's no advancement in the workplace, whatever you been assign
job that's it. You're not allowed to help anyone, do only one job that told to be done. I love to work and help but I am not allowed to help. Doing only the things asked to do. There's no radio to listen. Just worked till the job done. It is miserable day after day. If there is a rating of minus star this will be the rate. Very poor management. Employees keep on quitting because of the supervisor or the management.
Face paced, high energy store with great employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
This job is a challenging yet fun. Having the skills to multi-task while still making sure that every customer has the same experience can be overwhelming but the great thing is it keeps you on your feet. With "Energy" being one of the big focuses in the store, the music plays a big part in making your entrance into the store feel like you're entering into a party where you can have fun trying on different styles. Typically when you go shopping, some customers are not interested in talking to associates in fear that they will be pressured into buying. This challenge is greatly welcomed by associates for one reason: We focused on making personal connections and treat them as a guest. I've learned different methods of management skills that I have taken with me such as coaching, scheduling, merchandising, etc.
Great mechanics.. but terrible Management! Sorry!
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Lenscrafters has the potential to be such a great company but the management issues cripple it to the core. They dont treat their employees well. They give 5 hours per week and higher over 20 people for one store to keep those hours low so they don't pay out benefits. If you ask for a full-time or part-time job they will deny you and say that they don't have hours.. a complete lie. They squeeze the dollar at the hurt of their employees. Thats why all the Toronto stores are now unionized.
Pros
Has potential to be great
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company
Productive and fine workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
My coworkers and management team are positive role models and help me in advancing in my product knowledge. They are very caring, flexible, and honest workers. They are very friendly. I love working for Luxottica! It is a very open and welcoming workplace.
Pros
group rew
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
The management team at LensCrafters were not that enthusiastic to work with.
Training was very vague
Minimal explanations on questions I had
Self-taught with working and and selling to customers
Pros
Different line of work I had previously worked in, learned something new
Cons
Employees
Great Experience
Optician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
The best part of my job was when the customer would leave the store satisfied. With the training and resources I received at Lens Crafters, it was easy for me to perform my job on a daily basis. I consider my training and experience at Lens Crafters a valuable asset.
Positive and Energizing Store
Eyecare Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A normal day at work was answering phones, checking jobs for customers, selling glasses and educating clients on what would be best for their life style and vision needs. Cleaning and visual merchandising by materials and colors. Repairs such as a broken arms or lenses coming out of frames and replacing screws or nose pads. I learned how to ask the right questions to learn the correct information in order to be able to provide the right products. I also learned soft skills; the right way to relay a message in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections and really making the customer happy with their purchase. My co-workers were so much fun and always there for support when needed. The management was very supportive and always there to teach new skills and new ways to elevate customer experiences.
Pros
Annual complimentary pair of glasses.
Cons
Large daily sales goals.
Meet nice People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
You meet nice people. But at my location, some staff picks out favorite people, and is not afraid of letting you know that. Makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Actual Manager herself is wonderful, super nice and down to earth, only problem is that she is also the area manager, so you don't see her often, and when shes there, she working in the back trying to get everything done.
Pros
nice people, most staff is nice.
Cons
don't see managment very often, some staff clique
Mature and Professional workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 November 2016
Great workplace for those wanting to work their way up a company. Easy to move around and opportunities always available. Mature work environment but fun staff who are always up for planning work get together.
Pros
opportunities
SGH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits
Typical busy Saturday
Eye-wear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2016
consulting patience about their prescription, lense and frame options keeping in mind their budget, lifestyle, and looks. The job requires us to have accurate and excellent product knowledge in order to advice patience and pick the right frames and lenses as it is health care.
Pros
Help people see what they love and love what they see.
Cons
No hours and unfair pay
overall
Key Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2016
I worked for Luxottica for almost 30 years and enjoyed working for the company. I was hired as a order checker and when the company closed their doors in 2014 I had worked myself up to key account assistant for our top customers.
Pros
I worked with a lot of great people and enjoyed the atmosphere
Cons
Management would not listen
A day as a Sales Manager at the Eaton Centre, Toronto
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2015
Currently working at the biggest Sunglass Hut location in Canada. The day is filled with customer experience and problem-solving, making recommendations, learning product knowledge, keeping up with newest styles and trends, imparting that knowledge to customers by advising them on the best possible choices for their wardrobe. As for the management part of the job, I inspire and coach associates to be the best person/fashionista/expert they can be. I also stay on top of store sales to make sure the company is growing and the brand image is executed flawlessly every day.
Pros
Challenging fast-pace environment and rewarding coaching experience with associates
Cons
Long hours standing
Eyewear Consult
LensCrafters - Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB14 April 2016
This company was great, but the hours were very unstable. My hours got cut with the blink of an eye, and I was the top performing associate.
Also a lot of under the table nepotism going on here.
Pros
commissions
Cons
short shifts (3 hours), opportunity for advancement given to family members
Great team in WEM
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB13 June 2016
Had a ton of fun when i first started here but in the last while the company is changing way too much and its changed the work culture.