Luxottica Employee Reviews

long hours with unrealistic pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
inconsistent shifts with non-stop standing around; dress code for job does not reflect the income generated; low pay with even lower commission payout; expected to know about all brands and brief history and detailed product knowledge ASAP; competitive environment due to commission structure.
Work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 January 2017
loved working here. felt like a great family. management changed and the rest of the team followed. its retail so it can be boring but the sunglass part of it is fun and project knowledge isn't that bad. work there for a year and you get a free pair.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 January 2017
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture. Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
Want a job at Sunglass Hut?
Full Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2016
Problem will Usually be either management or personality conflicts.

A few things to note:

There used to be commission up to 5% which helped offset low wages. Now it caps at 1% and only if store makes sales goals with accompanying even lower wages.

Upper management on the regional level has directly stated that part timers does not matter because they are not and can not be commited to SGH.
Example of this in company practice is an employee of 2 years, who has consistently met sales goals finally gets a raise. But when this happenes he is nearly bumped up to the new minimum wage right before the new minimum wage is made law. There fore it so statutes as a raise and not mearly giving people a livable wage.

As a sub management/full/part time employee, you will find yourself closing the store everyday. There is no steady set schedules, so it will be very difficult to plan your days. Be prepared for 3 hour shifts so if you have a long commute please consider.

Managers make their bonuses based on store sales even if they themselves don't make their existing sales goals.

This job is ideal for someone who is in school who needs a few odd hours of work here and there.
This job is not good for anyone looking to make a living or need more then 15 hours a week. Because it will suck up all your free time which you could work somewhere else where there is a more predictable schedule.

Hope this review helps you make an informed dicision.
Pros
Cool products, meeting new people
Cons
Unfair wages and bad management
Productive and fine workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
My coworkers and management team are positive role models and help me in advancing in my product knowledge. They are very caring, flexible, and honest workers. They are very friendly. I love working for Luxottica! It is a very open and welcoming workplace.
Pros
group rew
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
The management team at LensCrafters were not that enthusiastic to work with.
Training was very vague
Minimal explanations on questions I had
Self-taught with working and and selling to customers
Pros
Different line of work I had previously worked in, learned something new
Cons
Employees
Lenscrafters Lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. I was happy to wake up and go into work. I learned a lot about time management and problem solving. The management for the most part was good and fair. The hardest part about the job was sometimes things would get really busy and pressed for time since lenses are promised within the hour but nothing some team work couldn't get through. The most enjoyable part was that we acted like a family and cared for one another. Also we got to listen to our own music since we weren't connecting to the store or where customers could hear us. Not to mention it was in a mall so food courts and shopping on lunch break were a thing.
Pros
Good location good people good enviroment
Cons
starting wage isn't much
Great company to work for. Has longevity Great position for students flexible hours
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2016
Mature and Professional workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 November 2016
Great workplace for those wanting to work their way up a company. Easy to move around and opportunities always available. Mature work environment but fun staff who are always up for planning work get together.
Pros
opportunities
Great Experience
Optician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
The best part of my job was when the customer would leave the store satisfied. With the training and resources I received at Lens Crafters, it was easy for me to perform my job on a daily basis. I consider my training and experience at Lens Crafters a valuable asset.
Cons
Flexible and good job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
-Job is quite flexible for students and I definitely recommend it for those that want a casual job while taking school
-Organisation Culture is quite fun and there is room for career advancement
-However, it is very service oriented and can quickly become boring
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Mundane, extremely boring
Typical busy Saturday
Eye-wear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2016
consulting patience about their prescription, lense and frame options keeping in mind their budget, lifestyle, and looks. The job requires us to have accurate and excellent product knowledge in order to advice patience and pick the right frames and lenses as it is health care.
Pros
Help people see what they love and love what they see.
Cons
No hours and unfair pay
Meet nice People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
You meet nice people. But at my location, some staff picks out favorite people, and is not afraid of letting you know that. Makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Actual Manager herself is wonderful, super nice and down to earth, only problem is that she is also the area manager, so you don't see her often, and when shes there, she working in the back trying to get everything done.
Pros
nice people, most staff is nice.
Cons
don't see managment very often, some staff clique
Very productive and enjoyable play to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was interacting with different people which helped me be more confident in a one on one conversation.
Pros
50% off
Cons
short hours
Awesome place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
If you can score a job here, you are set. The people are really nice and the lab is a great environment. Would highly recommend.
Face paced, high energy store with great employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
This job is a challenging yet fun. Having the skills to multi-task while still making sure that every customer has the same experience can be overwhelming but the great thing is it keeps you on your feet. With "Energy" being one of the big focuses in the store, the music plays a big part in making your entrance into the store feel like you're entering into a party where you can have fun trying on different styles. Typically when you go shopping, some customers are not interested in talking to associates in fear that they will be pressured into buying. This challenge is greatly welcomed by associates for one reason: We focused on making personal connections and treat them as a guest. I've learned different methods of management skills that I have taken with me such as coaching, scheduling, merchandising, etc.
overall
Key Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2016
I worked for Luxottica for almost 30 years and enjoyed working for the company. I was hired as a order checker and when the company closed their doors in 2014 I had worked myself up to key account assistant for our top customers.
Pros
I worked with a lot of great people and enjoyed the atmosphere
Cons
Management would not listen
Great team in WEM
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB13 June 2016
Had a ton of fun when i first started here but in the last while the company is changing way too much and its changed the work culture.
Not a good place if looking for hours!!
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2016
was told they give a lot of hours, when i got my schedule I only had 4 hours for the week. I asked and she told me the average per week is 8-10 which was not said to me when i told her i wanted 15-25 hours a week.
Company was good.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
When this business was crowfoot it was a fantastic company, the people who owned the business were invested and understood simple business economics. Once the company sold it went downhill, they eventually claimed bankruptcy and lost their business.
Pros
was better when it was crowfoot
Cons
was terrible when it was aristocrat