Luxottica

Luxottica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and we had special lunches
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: long work day
was a fun place to work at, had a steady job flow, good shift hours and benefits and good memories. The hard part was keeping up when there were machine shut downs, or a lack of staff, but this was minor.
Passionate, imaginative, entrepreneurial and simple company.
Production technician (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2014
Equal opportunities for advancement for all workers, team oriented work place.
Productive workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 7, 2014
Luxottica has a past-paced working environment.
Good management team and the team itself is good in meeting required production and deadlines. The company provides good benefits.
Great workplace, very friendly and ethical atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioApril 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyable workplace/ family oriented environment
Cons: none.
A typical day at work is arriving bright and early, setting up my desk, and preparing my daily routine.

I've learned a great deal about customer service and addressing all issues and concerns of all our clients.

Our management team are very helpful and are always there to aid us in any way possible to ensure customer satisfaction and an enjoyable – more... work place.

My coworkers come second to none, we have built a strong family type bond and love working together.

Hardest part of the job I would have to say is the volume of calls we get daily. On a daily basis each customer service representative handles anywhere from 170-210 calls. Its a pleasure taking them but it is quite the volume of calls.

The most enjoyable part of my days are when the customer hangs up each call knowing that we ensured their satisfaction and resolved any issue at hand. – less
Give delight to customers and your company
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), West Edmonton MallAugust 7, 2013
Pros: discounts and freebies
Always treat every customer as your last and if you dont take care of your customers others will.

Surprise your customers with fulfilling their wants and needs
Not a good place to rely on
optician (Former Employee), GuelphMay 7, 2013
Pros: free pair once a year
Cons: you don't get the hours you need.
I worked there as an optician and I had horrible experience with the manager there.
She was so mean and one way talking.
She was moody and so abrupt and so so rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boise, IDDecember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Job with fun in the title of job expectations.
Great people, great culture
Marketing (Current Employee), NY, NYDecember 12, 2014
Pros: independence, empowerment
Cons: compensation, growth beyond manager level
The people at Luxottica truly make the company. Everyone is driven, hard working, and amiable. There is a great culture and a feeling of comradery.
Pretty laid back environment
Outside Claims Processor (Former Employee), Mason, OhDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the laid back environment
Cons: it can be very repetitive
I worked there for 5 years and had fun and learned a lot. The benefits were decent and the management was pretty ok as well. All and all it was a pretty good experience and would probably work there again if the opportunity arises.
Nice Place to Work.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Mason, OHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: eyeglass discount
Cons: benefits
Some departments are better than others. There is a difference between working on a brand and working on for the Luxottica company. Working for the company certainly has its advantages such as understanding how a large company can compete many categories within the same industry.

Management is and direction of the company continues to change. Company – more... has completed several rounds of layoffs in the last 2 years. – less
productive
Target Optical Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2014
Fun envornment that feels like working with friends. Learn a lot about sales and optics.
Great customers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: satisfied customers
Cons: lack of appreciation
Best part about my job is the people I meet daily. It's great to know what one pair of sunglasses can do to change the way someone feels about themselves. I offer the Macy's magic as well as the Sunglass Hut experience to each and every customer and it's rewarding.
No room for movement
Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
· Responsible for exceeding LY numbers and planned numbers each year for each account
· Managing budgets for all accounts/allocating dollar appropriately between accounts
· Responsible for sales within all Luxottica brands at 7 department stores in Manhattan territory
· Developed strong working relationships with department store management, PR, visual – more... department
· Relationship building with store management to plan and execute in store events that will drive in sales
· Conduct product knowledge clinics to introduce new collections and educate the department on selling tips
· Coordinate selling day events to sell units and create built orders
· Merchandising compliance, work directly with dept store visual team to coordinate merchandising that will maximize sell-through of brands – less
Not recommended
Optometrist Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed helping patients & meeting nice people, doctors are great
Cons: everything else
Company treats employees very badly. It's a very shady place to work. High sales goals with little compensation. Upper management let supervisors abuse staff. Would not recommend.
Great Company
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mason, OHNovember 3, 2014
Luxottica is a fantastic company to work for and be a part of. I'm proud to say everyday that I'm an associate of Luxottica. Everyone that I've worked with has been fantastic and easy to work with.
Stockroom Team Leader
Team Lead in Stockroom (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 28, 2014
I would work from Friday 530 pm to 530 am thru Sunday same time. I enjoyed working with the SAP system I love to learn new jobs. I would train others on the SAP system and reports. I loved working for Luxottica.
Sort Lenses to be polished correctly
Lense Polisher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
Insure correct frames were paired with correct lens.
Polish Lenses for specific amount of time needed.
Send lenses to be inspected.
good company
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Edison NJSeptember 19, 2014
good company to work with and the associates are very friendly
High Energy, Innovative Company
Senior Director (Current Employee), Mason, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Luxottica is a dynamic company with a global focus. There is a great deal of opportunity to advance.
Data Entry
data entry (Former Employee), McDonough, GASeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be processing orders and returns for employers. We get mail orders/packages that each day is opened up and put in trays by the mail clerk, they than bring the trays to us for us to return the credits for the merchandise. Each day we are required to make a set amount of numbers according to our hours of operation. I very much – more... so enjoyed my time working there and would love to find a similar job in this field. – less

1 2 3 4 5