Luxottica Employee Reviews

Want a job at Sunglass Hut?
Full Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2016
Problem will Usually be either management or personality conflicts.

A few things to note:

There used to be commission up to 5% which helped offset low wages. Now it caps at 1% and only if store makes sales goals with accompanying even lower wages.

Upper management on the regional level has directly stated that part timers does not matter because they are not and can not be commited to SGH.
Example of this in company practice is an employee of 2 years, who has consistently met sales goals finally gets a raise. But when this happenes he is nearly bumped up to the new minimum wage right before the new minimum wage is made law. There fore it so statutes as a raise and not mearly giving people a livable wage.

As a sub management/full/part time employee, you will find yourself closing the store everyday. There is no steady set schedules, so it will be very difficult to plan your days. Be prepared for 3 hour shifts so if you have a long commute please consider.

Managers make their bonuses based on store sales even if they themselves don't make their existing sales goals.

This job is ideal for someone who is in school who needs a few odd hours of work here and there.
This job is not good for anyone looking to make a living or need more then 15 hours a week. Because it will suck up all your free time which you could work somewhere else where there is a more predictable schedule.

Hope this review helps you make an informed dicision.
Pros
Cool products, meeting new people
Cons
Unfair wages and bad management
Great place to learn a bit about glasses
Eye-wear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 January 2017
I mean i didn't work there for long but, to really advance and receive a good salary you would have to go to school for opticians
Great company to work for. Has longevity Great position for students flexible hours
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2016
Lenscrafters Lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. I was happy to wake up and go into work. I learned a lot about time management and problem solving. The management for the most part was good and fair. The hardest part about the job was sometimes things would get really busy and pressed for time since lenses are promised within the hour but nothing some team work couldn't get through. The most enjoyable part was that we acted like a family and cared for one another. Also we got to listen to our own music since we weren't connecting to the store or where customers could hear us. Not to mention it was in a mall so food courts and shopping on lunch break were a thing.
Pros
Good location good people good enviroment
Cons
starting wage isn't much
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 January 2017
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture. Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
easy going environment
Data Entry Clerk Merger (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
a typical day at this job was easy going, light work with minimal supervision. the management needed to be improved. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with various people from different cultures.
long hours with unrealistic pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
inconsistent shifts with non-stop standing around; dress code for job does not reflect the income generated; low pay with even lower commission payout; expected to know about all brands and brief history and detailed product knowledge ASAP; competitive environment due to commission structure.
fantastic work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2016
It is incredibly tasking due to the high end products that need to be sold, however the work environment and the staff benefits and treatment is superb
Friendly Workplace
Medical Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 March 2017
It is a good workplace, filled with friendly people. However, due to the nature of the work there is minimal advancement opportunity.
Pros
Friendly Work
Cons
Minimal advancement
Great place to work on sales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 April 2016
Love the company, allowed me to really work on how to sell effectively. Fun, fast and full of ENERGY! Great benefits for full time, great commission during peek season, all in all a great learning experience.
Work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 January 2017
loved working here. felt like a great family. management changed and the rest of the team followed. its retail so it can be boring but the sunglass part of it is fun and project knowledge isn't that bad. work there for a year and you get a free pair.
Productive and fine workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
My coworkers and management team are positive role models and help me in advancing in my product knowledge. They are very caring, flexible, and honest workers. They are very friendly. I love working for Luxottica! It is a very open and welcoming workplace.
Pros
group rew
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexible and good job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
-Job is quite flexible for students and I definitely recommend it for those that want a casual job while taking school
-Organisation Culture is quite fun and there is room for career advancement
-However, it is very service oriented and can quickly become boring
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Mundane, extremely boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
The management team at LensCrafters were not that enthusiastic to work with.
Training was very vague
Minimal explanations on questions I had
Self-taught with working and and selling to customers
Pros
Different line of work I had previously worked in, learned something new
Cons
Employees
Great Experience
Optician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
The best part of my job was when the customer would leave the store satisfied. With the training and resources I received at Lens Crafters, it was easy for me to perform my job on a daily basis. I consider my training and experience at Lens Crafters a valuable asset.
Cons
Great mechanics.. but terrible Management! Sorry!
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Lenscrafters has the potential to be such a great company but the management issues cripple it to the core. They dont treat their employees well. They give 5 hours per week and higher over 20 people for one store to keep those hours low so they don't pay out benefits. If you ask for a full-time or part-time job they will deny you and say that they don't have hours.. a complete lie. They squeeze the dollar at the hurt of their employees. Thats why all the Toronto stores are now unionized.
Pros
Has potential to be great
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company
Face paced, high energy store with great employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
This job is a challenging yet fun. Having the skills to multi-task while still making sure that every customer has the same experience can be overwhelming but the great thing is it keeps you on your feet. With "Energy" being one of the big focuses in the store, the music plays a big part in making your entrance into the store feel like you're entering into a party where you can have fun trying on different styles. Typically when you go shopping, some customers are not interested in talking to associates in fear that they will be pressured into buying. This challenge is greatly welcomed by associates for one reason: We focused on making personal connections and treat them as a guest. I've learned different methods of management skills that I have taken with me such as coaching, scheduling, merchandising, etc.
supervisor treat you like we are on military discipline, not allowed to listen to the radio in the company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
There's no advancement in the workplace, whatever you been assign
job that's it. You're not allowed to help anyone, do only one job that told to be done. I love to work and help but I am not allowed to help. Doing only the things asked to do. There's no radio to listen. Just worked till the job done. It is miserable day after day. If there is a rating of minus star this will be the rate. Very poor management. Employees keep on quitting because of the supervisor or the management.
Mature and Professional workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 November 2016
Great workplace for those wanting to work their way up a company. Easy to move around and opportunities always available. Mature work environment but fun staff who are always up for planning work get together.
Pros
opportunities
SGH
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2015
- I handled all the daily operations of some of their primary and most lucrative locations.
- I learned everything that you would need to know on how to effectively run/manage/operate a high volume retail store.
- Coaching/Training and Development/Shrink Reduction/Scheduling and Sales Forecasting.
- Great work environment that fosters growth, both personal and professional.
- The hardest part of the job is the fluctuation of of traffic as Toronto's Retail traffic is so unpredictable, one week you see 100 on a Wednesday and then the next week you would see 1000.
- My favourite part of my position was coaching and developing staff into the future of the brand.
Pros
Sungalss Discounts and Benefits