Luxottica Employee Reviews for Optician

Stressful place for Opticians
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 November 2017
Depending on the location, it can be very busy. Always short-staffed for opticians.You'd be lucky to take a proper break without having to be called back out from lunch break. The pay is decent. You'll do well if you can sale while dispensing and checking jobs and taking measurements all while calming customers down who have been waiting for over an hour... all at the same time.
benefits
Awesome place
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 September 2017
Very good benefits and very good compensation the workplace is very relaxed at the same time very efficient.The managers are very nice and understanding,and they help you when you were in the pinch with a customer.
Did not enjoy working for this company
Optician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 April 2017
Very regimented environment. Had to punch a clock. Retail environment and opend 7 days a week. No work life balance. Not the best place to work. Industry is changing so there is more pressure on sales and was very tough to work in this environment.
Pros
Cons
lots
Great Experience
Optician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 October 2016
The best part of my job was when the customer would leave the store satisfied. With the training and resources I received at Lens Crafters, it was easy for me to perform my job on a daily basis. I consider my training and experience at Lens Crafters a valuable asset.
Cons
Great friendly environment but not employee oriented
Part-time Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Throughout working here I have been very happy working with my team. Through several changes in management it has brought a lot of stress to the employees. LensCrafters was very good to their people at the time I started. The longer I stayed the more they cut down on their people and hours. Other than management I was very happy there. Many things were very clear, well prepared, organized, and has a high selection of products.
Pros
They cover your License fee
Cons
Evolving to more work same pay attitude
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town Center10 March 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
Mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario17 September 2014
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Pros
Free pizza hut lunches, and Greek donuts from NS
Cons
no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.
Not a good place to rely on
optician (Former Employee) –  Guelph7 May 2013
I worked there as an optician and I had horrible experience with the manager there.
She was so mean and one way talking.
She was moody and so abrupt and so so rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
free pair once a year
Cons
You don't get the hours you need.
Never a dull moment.
Licensed Dispensing Optician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 February 2013
An overall great place to work. Management very approachable.
Pros
beautiful eyewear for good price.
Cons
mall hours.