Luxottica Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Not very fun and a high gossip store and backstabbing
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Arizona, MB5 September 2017
It was great at first but then the gossiping and backstabbing and drug use was too much and the guy managers trying to F em and talk inappropriately to women or about women etc etc made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy since i love and respect women like my Mom and daughters so it was very disrepsectful i can go on but the point is made
Amazing place to work
Eyewear Consultant/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 May 2017
I think this depends on which store you work for. My managers are amazing and they manage the store efficiently and transparently. The store manager has an open door policy and is really easy to communicate with.

I've learned so much working there and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Luxottica provides a lot of training material which is fairly interactive.
Lenscrafters Lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
I enjoyed working here. I was happy to wake up and go into work. I learned a lot about time management and problem solving. The management for the most part was good and fair. The hardest part about the job was sometimes things would get really busy and pressed for time since lenses are promised within the hour but nothing some team work couldn't get through. The most enjoyable part was that we acted like a family and cared for one another. Also we got to listen to our own music since we weren't connecting to the store or where customers could hear us. Not to mention it was in a mall so food courts and shopping on lunch break were a thing.
Pros
Good location good people good enviroment
Cons
starting wage isn't much
Great company to work for. Has longevity Great position for students flexible hours
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2016
This job is a challenging yet fun. Having the skills to multi-task while still making sure that every customer has the same experience can be overwhelming but the great thing is it keeps you on your feet. With "Energy" being one of the big focuses in the store, the music plays a big part in making your entrance into the store feel like you're entering into a party where you can have fun trying on different styles. Typically when you go shopping, some customers are not interested in talking to associates in fear that they will be pressured into buying. This challenge is greatly welcomed by associates for one reason: We focused on making personal connections and treat them as a guest. I've learned different methods of management skills that I have taken with me such as coaching, scheduling, merchandising, etc
Awesome place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
If you can score a job here, you are set. The people are really nice and the lab is a great environment. Would highly recommend.
Co-workers
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Calgary18 October 2015
Really fun environment to work in, very understanding & helping. Flexible at understanding student hours & giving hours accordingly.
Review
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab27 June 2015
Very Friendly
Understands the learning process may take time
Management very organized
Enjoyed keeping busy. Always something to do but not necessarily overwhelming amount of work
Pros
Few coworkers, so not very cramped
Cons
no hours
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississauga28 February 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 February 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
Reliable, Team Based, and Forward
Lab Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 October 2014
Typical Day at Work: Productive, Safe, and very Forward

What You Learned: Food Safety, Team Building, Staff Management, Supervising

Management: Management is fair, formal, and very forward

Coworkers: Coworkers are very good at working as a team, yet sometimes not always go great about being subordinate to management

Hardest Part of Job: Scheduling was very irregular and not reliable

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Learning to work as a part of the management team
Serious but fun workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2014
-There was lots of on your feet work in the lab and the work was tedious but rewarding because of the lens grinding. There was lots of communication between the opticians and the lab personnel to make the lenses correctly for customers.

-I learned that work is not always serious, but fun. Working in a lab is strict because of the procedures and checklists and maintenance but it can be highly rewarding, following directions and making lenses.

-Management was of a high-caliber and quite flexible because of customer inquiries and requests for eye-wear.

-Co-workers were helpful and always willing to make you feel part of a team.

-The hardest part of the job was not forgetting the repetitive lab tasks necessary to keep the lab running at a high level of efficiency.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers see again when they got their new eye-glasses and eye-wear.
People are friendly and eager to help you.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 September 2013
I like the people ,I'm being trained very efficiently and i enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
You get your breaks as you are supposed to.
Cons
Not as many hours as i would like.