Luxoft Employee Reviews

Good place to learn a lot
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  МоскваAugust 13, 2016
I had an experience to work in a great team of professionals. There are many departments and everything depends on a team and management but I'm lucky to be inside Boeing team.
Great Bennefits
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 19, 2016
The best part about Luxoft is the benefits, the medical, dental and vision cover my entire family without monthly out of pocket costs.
Proactive and fun place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  KievJuly 11, 2016
Real cool place to work. I really enjoyed to be part of this company. It was good experience for me. I can recommend this place.
Organised company
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kiev, UkraineJune 23, 2016
Working for a long time here I earned strong skill in testing. Which helped my team realized work plan.
Excellent communication skills.
Nothing personal, just business
Senior Murex Developer (Current Employee) –  МоскваJune 13, 2016
Good company with interesting projects.

Internal mobility options are limited, and once you didn't find a new job in a month, you'll get fired.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
terrible office
A huge company with locations all over the world
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint PetersburgMay 25, 2016
Your experience will be very different depending on what customer you are working for and what the project is. It's mainly the matter of pure luck.

The company provides a lot of opportunities for learning and self-development.
Fun place to work, video games, ping pong table, foosball
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2016
Interesting projects, relax environment, fun place to work, no dress code, is a kind of start up environment, we have Foosball and ping pong table
Pros
No dress code, start up culture
Cons
Sometimes lot of workload
Dynamic
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Moscow RussiaApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was engaging, fun and dynamic. It was great to contribute, mentor and to learn from colleagues. The hardest part was the company was growing so fast - it was hard to scale and keep the community spirit. The most enjoyable part of the job was the changing nature of what we were doing, challenges in adapting concepts to evolving reality and the people.
Great people
Linux and C/C++ Developer (Former Employee) –  Bucharest, RomaniaMarch 12, 2016
I had a flexible program and we ended the day with ping-pong.
When there was something that I didn't know there was always someone who helped me out. The work that I had to do it was so exciting.
Pros
The coffe, the people and the work
Cons
No free food
Typical outsorcing company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2016
Don't have much to say, not the worst place, everything depends and varies per project and management of the project

Coworkers are great

Management is sneaky mostly
Great team to work with!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
Lead development of efficient operating processes and procedures for a newly established operations including finance, IT infrastructure and human resources
Good place to start and grow up
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Москва, CENOctober 19, 2015
Company is really fun and worth joining, but you need to take into account the fact it is really huge. Therefore everything depends on department where you work.
The majority of departments harness Agile, but you can still find departments using old-school PMBoKish management. For someone it might be useful to have such capability of choice.
Suggesting free courses for the staff (it has its own Training Center) company gives good opportunities for self-development and grow up.
A lot of contests and team building activities create almost perfect life/work balance.
Pros
Fun people, collaboration spirit, plenty of self-development courses and opportunities
Cons
Some projects are driven with old-school management, shortage of Agile on some projects, unnecesary red tape
Productive workplace with a lot of opportunities
Senior Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  Kiev, UkraineApril 26, 2015
• Working with large data volumes (SQLLDR, IMP/EXP);
• SQL, PL/SQL, dynamic SQL, triggers, indexes, packages, procedures, functions, views and materialized views, creation and optimization of queries, Performance Tuning;
• Delphi 7;
• C++\C#;
• Business objects Crystal Reports;
• Performing upload / download / parsing XML data;
• Work directly with the customer - request/response;
• Performance tuning from application point of view (optimize query execution, performance analysis, SQL tracing);
• Optimizing / tuning / troubleshooting database code and make corrections;
• Writing business oriented documentation;
• Providing daily production support and issue resolution.
Average
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  BucharestApril 20, 2015
It's a good place to start a career, but not to stay to long. Sometimes you have to move forward and not to stay in one place to much time.
Cool Company
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kyiv, UkraineMarch 23, 2015
It's cool to work here and to grow as IT professional.
Also relocations is possible.
The working day is flexible.
Free cofee and tea is available
Pros
good conditions of work
Cons
overtiming
Popular outsourcing company in Ukraine
QA automation engineer (Current Employee) –  KievMarch 18, 2015
Work at Luxoft
Get to know who we are - from the inside out. From our history and culture, to the people we employ, get the insight on how it is to work here.

At Luxoft, we hire people who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact and build something big. We are looking for people with a passion for new technology, openness and courage in creating original solutions. It is important to the flexibility and ease of thinking learning.

You should just join us.

Key Value Proposition

There are three main components of our culture – Growth, Stability and Prestige – that create this unique environment of ours.

Stability:
We are large, international, multicultural yet still growing company. We have been on the market of years and we continue expanding, securing the jobs of our engineers. Month to month we observe a constant organic growth in size and possibilities of development for our people.

Growth:
Thanks to our broad services portfolio and highest standards of HR practices, we make sure that all of our employees can develop in a direction of their interest. Whether it is a leadership path in a management structures or a business domain expertise, it is all possible in here! Check out the development section on our page and find out how we support it.

Prestige:
Our clients are the globally recognized blue-chip companies and we are honored to be a partner of theirs. Our engineers have been very often compared to a special forces on a critical mission, solving the most complicated tasks and we truly believe this is the best description of what we really do. This job
  more... is not a simple task and we make sure that our people have the possibility to create innovative solutions and bring added value to the client process. We are proud to offer more than just programming according to a specification. We are respected engineers of the imagination.  less
good for small projects
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Berlin, BEMarch 5, 2015
a lot of small tasks and depends from outsourcing employer
limited area for todo.
I make 3 projects in Luxoft, but I want more responsibility and I want wide area (not only one old device)
Very good place
IT Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, UkraineMarch 2, 2015
I have gave an review yet. Very nice colleagues in another departments. And in my team too of course. Really great place.
Overall Luxoft is a great place to work with benefits and ability to promote yourself within.
Senior Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, Russian FederationJanuary 26, 2015
Excellent job with great benefits and work experience. It was a very friendly and open work atmosphere. The business side of things were very direct, structured, and professional.
Pros
flexible working hours
The biggest company in Ukraine.
Performance QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kiev, UkraineSeptember 23, 2014
8h day's work.
Management is so so. They are always try to get more for lowest money.

4.2