Luxmux Technology Corporation is a start-up developing optical sensor solutions for the oil and gas industry. We are a dynamic and growing company looking for a well-organized individual who is self-motivated and interested in working on challenging and demanding projects.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer with leadership skills that can develop the platform needed for our product line. The Electrical Engineer will be involved in full life-cycle of product design, build, test and dispatch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works primarily in Electrical Engineering in product development, board design, digital and analog Design, simulation, electrical and optical testing, software development and R&D.
- Assist in planning, design and development of engineering tasks.
- Responsible for analyzing data, system integration, optical testing and calibration, hardware specifications, PCB schematic and board layout design, testing and debug
- Involved in software development
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
- Documentation & report writing
- Provide technical support for field issues
- Writing User Manuals and Technical Specifications
- Work closely with management
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Hardware and Software Design
- Knowledge of PCB design, layout, verification and understanding of test strategies (design verification, performance and stress)
- Experience with C and Assembler on micro-controllers.
- Experience working with FPGA (Verilog and VHDL)
- Knowledge of Ethernet and Internet protocol
- TCP/IP, RS485, RS-232, MODBUS, USB and other hardware level protocols
- Experience in C and C++ programming. Preference will be given to candidates with additional experience in software development.
- Experience working with Linux / Unix, Perl, C-Shell.
- Knowledge of complex test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes and signal generators, Spectrum Analyzers, tunable lasers, power meters, network analyzers, etc.
- Fine pitch soldering skills (assembly and rework / proto-typing)
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with RF design and knowledge in optics / fiber optics / photonics
- Preference to candidates who have experience in chip design
- Knowledge of and experience with CSA and ATEX Specifications.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Preference will be given to member of or eligible to be a member of APEGGA
Behavioural and management competencies
- Very good relationships (coordination with all functions) - Good understanding of customer wish
- Reactivity and capacity to work under pressure
- Appetence for technical issues
- Complete projects efficiently and meet deadlines
If you feel like you are qualified for the position, please apply directly to the contact details listed below.
While all applicants are welcome to apply, only those qualified will be contacted.