Lutron Electronics Employee Reviews

Great products you can stand behind
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NY8 January 2017
A unique company with an unusual approach to business. Really care about employees and customers. Great quality products that you can feel comfortable sharing with clients.
Typical line assembly, good environment
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alburtis, PA25 December 2016
Slightly repetitious working on final assembly of product. Different lines and tasks to do daily depending on which product needs to be made. Typical factory/line work, but if you are interested in electronics the environment is perfect for learning and broadening knowledge.
Good workers, horrible management
Specialist Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  11520 Sunny Shade Ln Ashland VA 2300528 November 2016
Favoritism and bias run rampant. If you do anything to get on someones bad side, you'll soon be out the door or treated like the scourge of the earth. I absolutely loved the people I worked with and work itself is not difficult. The pay and benefits were good, but not worth all the plop you had to deal with on a daily basis. The HR constantly claims to 'care' but managers that have no right to manage are just recycled into different roles where they continue to make any chance of growth stifled. Safety concerns are a joke, and the reaction to safety issues is just as laughable. The company is wasteful in many aspects of what it does, and it's amazing how it can turn a profit, except that they price gouge people for an item that they have locked the market on. If you can deal with the headache, long hours and constantly having to give up what you want for a company that doesn't appreciate what you do, this place is for you.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Horrible HR and Management
Produtive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA19 November 2016
I like it is a good company, good benefits perfect schedule for me everything is organized and in order and good work team. Nice place for work.......
No comment
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA5 October 2016
Lutron Electrons was an okay place to work for, however the workplace could have been more organized as well as have better management along with a cleaner environment.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Not well organized
Great Place, great people good company
iOS Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA4 October 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Very Productive and Fun place to work
Specialists Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA10 July 2016
Working for Lutron is exciting and the work is a challenge. Always keeping us on our toes and thinking 2 steps ahead. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the wellness week for all employees.
It was fun working with Lutron
Returned Goods Processor (Current Employee) –  Bregnsvile19 May 2016
i worked in the Returned Goods Management and worked on a 8 hour shift Monday to Friday. During peak periods and high seasons we could be called upon to do overtime.
Being a small department with 12 employees and a supervisor, we worked closely as a team. There were regular safety meting drills to ensure that the employed were aware of the safety regulations in the warehouse.
I enjoyed working with co-workers and referred to each other by our first names.Thr training program was thorough and intensive but at the end you your were able to cope with the work.
Pros
Teamwork and close working relationships.
Warehouse work
OGA (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA23 February 2016
Palletizing roller shades after they come off the assembly line. Lots of heavy lifting and lots of bending over. Very physical job and a fast paced environment.
Pros
Good pay
Decent place to work!
Embedded Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA15 February 2016
Lutron is placed in coopersburg. Its away from the city. They good excellent work but most of their work is just focused on the lighting industry. Nice place to for entry level positions. It's a fairly small city.
Good company
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA7 February 2016
A typical day at work involves mainly telephone calls to existing Lutron customers to sell enhanced warranties on their lighting systems, or upgrades. I enjoy the selling aspect of my role, however I find this company is not exactly progressive. Many of my co-workers have been at the company for many years, and seem to be content at their current role. I feel I have outgrown my current position, but the culture is to have been at the company for 3 years in a role before being considered for advancement. The majority of management are competent, smart individuals.

This is a solid company and I have enjoyed my time here, however I am very interested and motivated for a customer facing sales position with a training program to challenge me further.
Great People, Poor Managers
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA11 December 2015
There are a lot of intelligent people who are incredibly talented but are held back from achieving greatness. This company focuses heavily on titles and is held up by a lot of bureaucracy. A person's potential is limited by their initial title at time of hire, which is dictated by the name of their degree. Career paths, organizational changes and even process changes are kept secret. Some managers intentionally block their employees from learning about opportunities to grow within the organization. The rules are different for certain people - not everyone is treated fairly. Certain employees are pushed up into management positions while some others are pushed back "into the box".

Any man who is fortunate enough to have a good supervisor at this company has a chance for a successful career. This is a great place to learn a lot about the industry, but is not a great place for women to advance their careers.

Many people and some managers are amazing to work with. Those are the people who are willing to stop what they're doing to help you out. Some team leaders are incredibly encouraging when a team member shows initiative, helping to guide them so that they can find ways to improve processes and enhance their careers. The rest of the managers should learn from these examples.

There is a strong focus on health and wellness. The company encourages sport groups and frequently hosts wellness activities on campus. The person who leads the wellness initiatives does an amazing job of not only promoting these activities but also engaging other employees in developing
  more... and organizing events.  less
Pros
Wellness Initiatives
Cons
Career Stagnation, Bureaucracy
A typical day at work
Office Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St.Kitts7 October 2015
Ten employees had to filled a customer order of 240 Lighting Dimmers in half and hour. My co-workers are reliable and efficient.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, HealthCare
Working Life
Technical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, East8 May 2015
On average, work is a little hectic however, sometimes it can be really stressful.

I have learned how to work under huge amounts of pressure, and to work with difficult people.

Management is okay. My supervisor is really good as he remains calm and collected. This allows me to work better in the environment we are in.

I get on really well with all of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my Job is when there are problems I have to troubleshoot yet, It's a brand new problem that I am unaware of.

The most enjoyable part of my Job is when I solve problems that no one has ever encountered.
Horrible Management, Smart People
Project Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA22 March 2015
The people there are really very nice and intelligent people but the management is god-awful. All rules are handed down from the 90-year old owner. There's still a dress code and rigid hours even for the engineers. Furthermore, younger engineers can expect to work even longer hours to meet ridiculous deadlines on poorly managed projects. It's a great place to start your career and you'll learn a lot but get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Good experience, they give responsibilities to younger employees, overall nice people
Cons
Horrendous work-life balance, old-fashioned culture, horrible management
Great company
Technical Applications Representative (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA 1801530 November 2014
Great company, great culture, great products and there is a lot of opportunities to learn more than you would wish for.
On the other hand, management is a bit old fashion and moving up seems impossible if you don't know the right people.
MNC and working with different nation of people
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore , Central1 October 2014
Hectic.
Management, and working with co workers in prevalent
Meeting orders on time with short lead time and meeting reporting on short deadline
Great company with unique culture
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg Pennsylvania17 August 2014
Long days - challenging work. Very intelligent people around you. Management is very reasonable and constantly trying to better the process. Office/cube environment.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
A lot of data entry, a lot of sitting throughout the day.
good job opp
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookdale, PA31 July 2014
smart people to work with need more activities to keep the cash flowing.
Old-style company stuck in the '50's
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Coopersberg, PA14 July 2014
My managers were downright mean sometimes. I often felt bullied. I was never given any control over my projects. I wasn't able to use my brain, and often felt like just a pair of hands working under someone else's direction. Micromanaging was a part of the culture. Projects moved at a snail's pace.
Pros
Interesting work, Many people are nice and will provide mentoring (but they are not necessarily your own managers, I learned a lot from my peers, Beautiful campus with a lovely hiking trail steps away, The building is beautiful and the cafeteria's nice
Cons
People here are cold and there are no formal performance reviews or development plans, Contractors are treated like second-class workers, Some employees are rude to the point of borderline bullying, Project plans are rudimentory or non-existant, Many contractors are let go with two-day's notice, The owner and his daughter are feared, and are not very nice, All of upper managment are men, and mostly white with maybe one exception