Lutron Electronics Employee Reviews

Typical line assembly, good environment
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Alburtis, PA25 December 2016
Slightly repetitious working on final assembly of product. Different lines and tasks to do daily depending on which product needs to be made. Typical factory/line work, but if you are interested in electronics the environment is perfect for learning and broadening knowledge.
Good workers, horrible management
Specialist Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  11520 Sunny Shade Ln Ashland VA 2300528 November 2016
Favoritism and bias run rampant. If you do anything to get on someones bad side, you'll soon be out the door or treated like the scourge of the earth. I absolutely loved the people I worked with and work itself is not difficult. The pay and benefits were good, but not worth all the plop you had to deal with on a daily basis. The HR constantly claims to 'care' but managers that have no right to manage are just recycled into different roles where they continue to make any chance of growth stifled. Safety concerns are a joke, and the reaction to safety issues is just as laughable. The company is wasteful in many aspects of what it does, and it's amazing how it can turn a profit, except that they price gouge people for an item that they have locked the market on. If you can deal with the headache, long hours and constantly having to give up what you want for a company that doesn't appreciate what you do, this place is for you.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Horrible HR and Management
Great Place, great people good company
iOS Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA4 October 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
No comment
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA5 October 2016
Lutron Electrons was an okay place to work for, however the workplace could have been more organized as well as have better management along with a cleaner environment.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Not well organized
It was fun working with Lutron
Returned Goods Processor (Current Employee) –  Bregnsvile19 May 2016
i worked in the Returned Goods Management and worked on a 8 hour shift Monday to Friday. During peak periods and high seasons we could be called upon to do overtime.
Being a small department with 12 employees and a supervisor, we worked closely as a team. There were regular safety meting drills to ensure that the employed were aware of the safety regulations in the warehouse.
I enjoyed working with co-workers and referred to each other by our first names.Thr training program was thorough and intensive but at the end you your were able to cope with the work.
Pros
Teamwork and close working relationships.
Very Productive and Fun place to work
Specialists Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA10 July 2016
Working for Lutron is exciting and the work is a challenge. Always keeping us on our toes and thinking 2 steps ahead. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the wellness week for all employees.
Produtive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA19 November 2016
I like it is a good company, good benefits perfect schedule for me everything is organized and in order and good work team. Nice place for work.......
Good company
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA7 February 2016
A typical day at work involves mainly telephone calls to existing Lutron customers to sell enhanced warranties on their lighting systems, or upgrades. I enjoy the selling aspect of my role, however I find this company is not exactly progressive. Many of my co-workers have been at the company for many years, and seem to be content at their current role. I feel I have outgrown my current position, but the culture is to have been at the company for 3 years in a role before being considered for advancement. The majority of management are competent, smart individuals.

This is a solid company and I have enjoyed my time here, however I am very interested and motivated for a customer facing sales position with a training program to challenge me further.
Decent place to work!
Embedded Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA15 February 2016
Lutron is placed in coopersburg. Its away from the city. They good excellent work but most of their work is just focused on the lighting industry. Nice place to for entry level positions. It's a fairly small city.
Warehouse work
OGA (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA23 February 2016
Palletizing roller shades after they come off the assembly line. Lots of heavy lifting and lots of bending over. Very physical job and a fast paced environment.
Pros
Good pay
Working Life
Technical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, East8 May 2015
On average, work is a little hectic however, sometimes it can be really stressful.

I have learned how to work under huge amounts of pressure, and to work with difficult people.

Management is okay. My supervisor is really good as he remains calm and collected. This allows me to work better in the environment we are in.

I get on really well with all of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my Job is when there are problems I have to troubleshoot yet, It's a brand new problem that I am unaware of.

The most enjoyable part of my Job is when I solve problems that no one has ever encountered.
Horrible Management, Smart People
Project Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA22 March 2015
The people there are really very nice and intelligent people but the management is god-awful. All rules are handed down from the 90-year old owner. There's still a dress code and rigid hours even for the engineers. Furthermore, younger engineers can expect to work even longer hours to meet ridiculous deadlines on poorly managed projects. It's a great place to start your career and you'll learn a lot but get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Good experience, they give responsibilities to younger employees, overall nice people
Cons
Horrendous work-life balance, old-fashioned culture, horrible management
A typical day at work
Office Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St.Kitts7 October 2015
Ten employees had to filled a customer order of 240 Lighting Dimmers in half and hour. My co-workers are reliable and efficient.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, HealthCare
Productive workplace, theres always something to do
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VA18 March 2014
On a day to day basis there may be some catching up to do between shifts but its becomes apart of the job. Most production positions are very easy to learn and master. Almost always an opportunity for overtime and the ability to grow within the company. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have learned a lot from this company, process, how a company is ran, how to handle different situations, how to give ideas to promote the company. The hardest part of the job would most likely be getting on track and ahead with all work as a company. No in-house issues, mainly outside vendor and supplier related issues.
Hard but fun work
Materials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA18 November 2013
You begin your day earlier than most but it ends before others. Fun environment, have to constantly stay focused. You get recognized for your improvements fairly quickly and are always allowing the workers to progress and re rewarded. The hardest part of the job is staying entertained while doing the same thing for hours. The most enjoyable is being around so many different individuals.
Pros
Always having rewards and events for workers
Cons
No music to keep you focused
No complaints; Lots of advancement opportunities; Very good job to build character and progress in life with.
Material Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA24 May 2013
I have no complaints about this company. They really care for all of their employees and take care of them in a manner that other companies don't provide. Their is always an advancement opportunity and they encourage all of their employees to further their education so they can grow within a constantly growing company. They provide training for all types of industrial equipment.
Pros
Health Benefits, Paid Holidays and Vacations, Reimbursement for work related education
Cons
Only two 10minute breaks throughout an 8hr shift.
Great employees; lousy management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA13 October 2013
Lots of dissatisfaction among employees. Employees in general are very nice. However, unless you are "in" with someone or a supervisor, you're not treated well. Definitely a "watch your back" environment in most departments If you must get a job and you are able to get one here - ok for temporary. But most of the really good people leave within a year or so, citing high levels of frustration.
Pros
Benefits are okay.
Forget about it for CAD
CAD Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA7 September 2013
If you are thinking about any kind of career as a CAD operator with this company, FORGET IT! They have a policy not to hire any permanent CAD people. No matter how long you think you can hold out. They probably will just can you at 2 years.
Pros
There are good people working there
Cons
Management has a lousy attitude toward its workers, The company does not have a good reputation in the business community.
Lots of travel. I've seen the whole country with Lutron
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA10 September 2012
Travel around the country programming processor-based dimming systems for art museums, hospitals, universities, etc...Design and program lighting database to accomplish the tasks the project managers desire.
Verify field wiring by electricians was done correctly and according to prints. Make wiring/database changes if necessary
Great job
PRODUCT LINE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Alburtis, PA21 April 2014
Regular 40 hour job. I really liked my co-workers. The Line Leaders were very helpful and patient with all of the new employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the line the way our superiors asked, since they tried different methods throughout my time there.
Pros
Good salary, Two 10 min. breaks along with hour long Lunch break, Good security, Friendly staff