Lutron Electronics

Lutron Electronics Employee Reviews

It was fun working with Lutron
Returned Goods Processor (Current Employee) –  BregnsvileMay 19, 2016
i worked in the Returned Goods Management and worked on a 8 hour shift Monday to Friday. During peak periods and high seasons we could be called upon to do overtime.
Being a small department with 12 employees and a supervisor, we worked closely as a team. There were regular safety meting drills to ensure that the employed were aware of the safety regulations in the warehouse.
I enjoyed working with co-workers and referred to each other by our first names.Thr training program was thorough and intensive but at the end you your were able to cope with the work.
Pros
Teamwork and close working relationships.
Good company
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work involves mainly telephone calls to existing Lutron customers to sell enhanced warranties on their lighting systems, or upgrades. I enjoy the selling aspect of my role, however I find this company is not exactly progressive. Many of my co-workers have been at the company for many years, and seem to be content at their current role. I feel I have outgrown my current position, but the culture is to have been at the company for 3 years in a role before being considered for advancement. The majority of management are competent, smart individuals.

This is a solid company and I have enjoyed my time here, however I am very interested and motivated for a customer facing sales position with a training program to challenge me further.
Decent place to work!
Embedded Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Lutron is placed in coopersburg. Its away from the city. They good excellent work but most of their work is just focused on the lighting industry. Nice place to for entry level positions. It's a fairly small city.
Warehouse work
OGA (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Palletizing roller shades after they come off the assembly line. Lots of heavy lifting and lots of bending over. Very physical job and a fast paced environment.
Pros
Good pay
A typical day at work
Office Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St.KittsOctober 7, 2015
Ten employees had to filled a customer order of 240 Lighting Dimmers in half and hour. My co-workers are reliable and efficient.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, HealthCare
Working Life
Technical Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, EastMay 8, 2015
On average, work is a little hectic however, sometimes it can be really stressful.

I have learned how to work under huge amounts of pressure, and to work with difficult people.

Management is okay. My supervisor is really good as he remains calm and collected. This allows me to work better in the environment we are in.

I get on really well with all of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my Job is when there are problems I have to troubleshoot yet, It's a brand new problem that I am unaware of.

The most enjoyable part of my Job is when I solve problems that no one has ever encountered.
Horrible Management, Smart People
Project Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAMarch 22, 2015
The people there are really very nice and intelligent people but the management is god-awful. All rules are handed down from the 90-year old owner. There's still a dress code and rigid hours even for the engineers. Furthermore, younger engineers can expect to work even longer hours to meet ridiculous deadlines on poorly managed projects. It's a great place to start your career and you'll learn a lot but get out as soon as you can.
Pros
good experience, they give responsibilities to younger employees, overall nice people
Cons
horrendous work-life balance, old-fashioned culture, horrible management
Productive workplace, theres always something to do
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMarch 18, 2014
On a day to day basis there may be some catching up to do between shifts but its becomes apart of the job. Most production positions are very easy to learn and master. Almost always an opportunity for overtime and the ability to grow within the company. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have learned a lot from this company, process, how a company is ran, how to handle different situations, how to give ideas to promote the company. The hardest part of the job would most likely be getting on track and ahead with all work as a company. No in-house issues, mainly outside vendor and supplier related issues.
Hard but fun work
Materials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 18, 2013
You begin your day earlier than most but it ends before others. Fun environment, have to constantly stay focused. You get recognized for your improvements fairly quickly and are always allowing the workers to progress and re rewarded. The hardest part of the job is staying entertained while doing the same thing for hours. The most enjoyable is being around so many different individuals.
Pros
always having rewards and events for workers
Cons
no music to keep you focused
No complaints; Lots of advancement opportunities; Very good job to build character and progress in life with.
Material Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 24, 2013
I have no complaints about this company. They really care for all of their employees and take care of them in a manner that other companies don't provide. Their is always an advancement opportunity and they encourage all of their employees to further their education so they can grow within a constantly growing company. They provide training for all types of industrial equipment.
Pros
health benefits, paid holidays and vacations, reimbursement for work related education
Cons
only two 10minute breaks throughout an 8hr shift.
Great employees; lousy management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAOctober 13, 2013
Lots of dissatisfaction among employees. Employees in general are very nice. However, unless you are "in" with someone or a supervisor, you're not treated well. Definitely a "watch your back" environment in most departments If you must get a job and you are able to get one here - ok for temporary. But most of the really good people leave within a year or so, citing high levels of frustration.
Pros
benefits are okay.
Forget about it for CAD
CAD Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PASeptember 7, 2013
If you are thinking about any kind of career as a CAD operator with this company, FORGET IT! They have a policy not to hire any permanent CAD people. No matter how long you think you can hold out. They probably will just can you at 2 years.
Pros
there are good people working there
Cons
management has a lousy attitude toward its workers, the company does not have a good reputation in the business community.
Lots of travel. I've seen the whole country with Lutron
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PASeptember 10, 2012
Travel around the country programming processor-based dimming systems for art museums, hospitals, universities, etc...Design and program lighting database to accomplish the tasks the project managers desire.
Verify field wiring by electricians was done correctly and according to prints. Make wiring/database changes if necessary
Great job
PRODUCT LINE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Alburtis, PAApril 21, 2014
Regular 40 hour job. I really liked my co-workers. The Line Leaders were very helpful and patient with all of the new employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the line the way our superiors asked, since they tried different methods throughout my time there.
Pros
good salary, two 10 min. breaks along with hour long lunch break, good security, friendly staff
Productive fast paced work environment
Senior Specialist Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 20, 2013
Lutron has a fast paced warehouse environment which keeps your day rolling and has an occasional surprise which keeps you on your toes. The best part of the job was having outstanding co-workers and a professional environment. Management will work with you to ensure you are feeling in a safe and honest workplace.
Great company
Technical Applications Representative (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA 18015November 30, 2014
Great company, great culture, great products and there is a lot of opportunities to learn more than you would wish for.
On the other hand, management is a bit old fashion and moving up seems impossible if you don't know the right people.
Opportunity for advancement
International Credit Specialist/Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PADecember 2, 2013
Lutron ELectronics was a great place for my desire to learn the different aspects of the business.

I started in the International Customer Service, then moved the the Project Management area, and then I had the opportunity to go to the International Credit Department, where I was able to continue to use my bilingual skills and have the opportunity to learn about stand by letters of credit, and commercial L/Cs, and learned the other side of the business (having leverage to negotiate new releases and keep a low past due balance, as well as keeping customer still happy and satisfied)

Good people to work with.

The hardest part was it was a tremendous amount of work for only one person, I worked 10 hours almost each day.

I enjoyed what I did very much, I enjoyed the customer contact and being a liason between the customer and different areas in the organization.
Great company with unique culture
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg PennsylvaniaAugust 17, 2014
Long days - challenging work. Very intelligent people around you. Management is very reasonable and constantly trying to better the process. Office/cube environment.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
a lot of data entry, a lot of sitting throughout the day.
Excellent opportunities to grow and develop for a long term career
Professional (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAJune 5, 2013
Private company with high quality employees. Their commitment to their customers, innovation and employees drives a high energy culture focused on achieving success.
Pros
challenging work, high quality coworkers
Old-style company stuck in the '50's
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Coopersberg, PAJuly 14, 2014
My managers were downright mean sometimes. I often felt bullied. I was never given any control over my projects. I wasn't able to use my brain, and often felt like just a pair of hands working under someone else's direction. Micromanaging was a part of the culture. Projects moved at a snail's pace.
Pros
interesting work, many people are nice and will provide mentoring (but they are not necessarily your own managers, i learned a lot from my peers, beautiful campus with a lovely hiking trail steps away, the building is beautiful and the cafeteria's nice
Cons
people here are cold and there are no formal performance reviews or development plans, contractors are treated like second-class workers, some employees are rude to the point of borderline bullying, project plans are rudimentory or non-existant, many contractors are let go with two-day's notice, the owner and his daughter are feared, and are not very nice, all of upper managment are men, and mostly white with maybe one exception