- Module or EPC Experience with Electrical Heat Tracing and Insulation Experience.
Horton CBI Limited is currently looking for a Subcontracts Manager to work with our team just outside of Fort Saskatchewan. This person will be responsible for our Assembly yard operations and activities.
- Coordinate and minute the kick-off, weekly progress meetings and chair/minute commercial meetings with subcontractors.
- Provide input into Subcontracts cost forecasts.
- Receive, register, review and, as required, distribute all correspondence received from subcontractors. --Prepare or review all correspondence to be sent to Subcontractors.
- Negotiate changes in scope of work with subcontractors.
- Ensure commercial implications arising from revised drawings and specifications issued to subcontractors are identified and managed.
- Coordinate with field engineering and construction on issue of Site Instructions to subcontractors.
- Ensure that all records are kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate with Project Controls on any scope changes or trends, including those affecting Prime Contract issues.
- Process subcontractor's applications for payment, together with invoices, for verification of payments due in accordance with the subcontract agreement and initiation of payment certificates.
- Evaluate and agree interim payments and the final account with subcontractor, verifying compliance with subcontract and obtain approval signatures on all payment certificates. Transmit to accounts department for payment.
- Maintain records and coordinate with Engineering and Construction Departments to ensure that any claims or back-charges on subcontractors are properly and efficiently executed.
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager on any items within the subcontract that have financial and/or contractual implications.
- Ensure that any actions required by CB&I under the Prime Contract, so far as they relate to particular subcontracts, are implemented in an expeditious manner.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Construction Departments on inspection and acceptance of contracted work and ensure that completion certificates are prepared and issued in accordance with the subcontract.
- Ensure that the documentation required for administering the subcontract in accordance with this procedure and the prime contract is prepared, maintained in the subcontract file, and ultimately archived following completion.
- Ensure that any obligations of the Subcontractor are implemented, carried out, effected and enforced by the Subcontractor in an expeditious manner.
- Industrial experience, preferably in oil and gas or refining projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Lead Subcontracts role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Good working knowledge and understanding of subcontracts, cost control, cost forecasting, contingency tracking, change management, estimating and accounting basic terminology, principles and practices
- Strong problem solving skills including identification of feasible/logical solutions in the absence of procedures or limited guidelines
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills