Are you a passionate inventory manager or specialist looking for an opportunity to put your stamp on a large-scale start-up? Well… this has your name written all over it.
Our client, a pioneer of open hole, multi-stage horizontal fracturing and technology-based solutions to the oil and gas industry around the world, is currently seeking for a Senior Inventory Specialist to join their team at the Manufacturing facility in Edmonton.
The Sr. Inventory Specialist will oversee a team of 4 initially, with plans to grow the team to roughly 8-10 in the future. This experienced person must be able to get things rolling from the ground up and have the creativity and knowledge to tackle issues as they arise.
Reporting to the Canadian Inventory Manager, this senior position will oversee inventory functions for the division.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of inventory and cycle counts
- Responsible for accurate and Canadian inventory data
- Ensure facilities stocked with appropriate inventory and reutilize slow moving inventory
- Complete projects for inventory group as assigned
- Distribute work within inventory group
- Communicate with stakeholders in other areas of the facility to ensure processes and work flows run
- Review sales orders and transfer orders to ensure appropriate inventory utilization
- Provide effective leadership to inventory team including training and development; performance management;
- Timesheet approval; and monthly and quarterly bonus reviews
- Liaise with department coordinators on inventory projects and utilization
- Ensure compliance with the health and safety program
The Skills You Have
- Extensive warehouse and logistics management experience, specifically ERP or WMS
- Experience within Oil and Gas industry an asset
- Proficient with Navision or other similar ERP systems
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
The Education You Have
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management an asset, but not required. Strong experience will also be considered.
- Initiative and drive; can work without a lot of direction to get results from your team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; highly effective at creating and sustaining strong internal and
- external business relationships
- Proven leadership skills; can develop direct reports with proven experience building and motivating an effective
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond appropriately to changing, conflicting demands