Seeking a Senior Project Estimator, based in Calgary, to lead and manage estimates in support of Project requirements.
- handling, managing and leading medium and large estimates with minimal supervision
- handling complex major estimates under the supervision and guidance of Estimating Manager
- lead a small team
- maintaining communication with Project Management and Sales
- presenting estimates to CB&I Management and Clients
- developing a plan or action for the preparation of a bid to a Client / estimate based on the received invitation to bid
- participating in the preparation of risk analyses
- cash flow preparation.
Our Senior Project Estimator must have the capability to:
- Have experience with estimating of tanks and pressure vessels as well as working knowledge of other disciplines
- Generate a complete estimate from basic takeoffs through final cost (all materials, fabrication, subcontracts, construction, localization and indirects) for all work required for a project and take responsibility for the complete cost estimate
- develop correlations such that estimates can be prepared with a minimum of information
- organize and plan the estimating effort, including leading and guiding discipline estimators and effective coordination with other disciplines and their management
- keep up-to-date regarding the market trend for equipment and commodity cost
- Four year college degree
- 15+ years direct, industry-specific experience managing large opportunities
- Tank and Pressure Vessel Estimation experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal direction or supervision
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with internal and external contacts
- Must be creative and flexible, in case available information / data is insufficient.
- Combine a broad technical interest with a good feel for the financial and commercial side of the work.
- Working knowledge of contractual concepts.
- Managing / learning current working methods and software applications