Job Title: Foreman
Business Sector: Energy, Construction & Oil and Gas
Are you a passionate and highly skilled Civil Earthworks and/or Oilfield Foreman, looking for your next great opportunity? Well…this has your name written all over it.
Lutech Resources is actively pursuing a Foreman for our client to assist with their long-term contracts in Cold Lake, Fort McMurray and Fort Nelson (BC) for major oilfield civil construction projects who have some exciting year round opportunities available. We are looking for people who are experienced in leading teams of laborers and heavy equipment operators, have a great attitude and believe in making the job as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Under the direction of the superintendent or designated manager, the foreman provides direct supervision of staff working on the jobsite(s) and directs the execution of the work as generally planned or agreed to by the superintendent, manager and/or client. Ensures all on-site construction is completed safely and in full accordance with plans, specifications, scheduling, client’s direction and good construction practices. The foreman has the authority to apply disciplinary actions as determined by the management team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify any potential hazard on site and implement the necessary pre-cautionary measures to prevent incidents. Ensure that the work area is kept safe and maintained with good housekeeping practices and that the job site is left neat and hazard free at the end of each day.
- Execute jobsite(s) work activities in an effective and efficient manner that conforms to the client’s quality and safety standards.
- Perform any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the superintendent or designated manager.
- Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with clients. Respond to complaints promptly and carry out rework as required to satisfy client requests and/or project quality standards.
- Notify the superintendent or manager of all damaged equipment or material. Assist the service/equipment manager in scheduling equipment preventative maintenance or repair for equipment assigned to the project.
- Motivate, inspect, observe, and assign tasks to workers.
- Monitor productivity, promote training and cross training of all assigned workers, and promote team principles.
- Build a level of knowledge and understanding of safety knowledge, practices, scheduling techniques, trade knowledge and motivating employees.
- A high school diploma with minimum of 2 years work experience as a foreman supporting civil earthworks activities and/or oilfield maintenance services.
- Sound understanding of Safety Regulations, Construction Safety Practices, safe work practices and procedures and be capable of maintaining a safe work site(s).
- Broad knowledge and skills in working with personnel and equipment on civil oilfield projects including brush removal, earth moving, single and multi-well pad construction, plant-site preparation, road construction, environmental reclamation and/or maintenance.
- Technical understanding of survey information and the ability to read engineering drawings. Must be able to effectively use survey equipment such as the laser level.
- Excellent communication skills including spoken, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to lead a group of employees.
- Excellent leadership, planning and motivational skills.
- Ability to evaluate and understand the capabilities of workers and assign work accordingly.
- Proven troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work under high stress situations.
- Understand basic construction management practices related to budget, scheduling, and quality controls.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
These positions are primarily located in remote camps across Alberta or British Columbia. Typical site work rotations are primarily 21/7 or 20/10, however there may be shifts that include a rotation of 12/2, 6/1 or 24/4. Expected hours of work are 10 to 12 hours a day. Accommodations may be provided in a remote camp setting or in a nearby hotel. All candidates must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
This position can be physically strenuous and demanding. Expect some lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects.
Typically in a remote camp work site which is typically noisy, dusty and dirty it can also be potentially dangerous. Working outdoors and may have to work in all sorts of weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. He/she may at times be exposed to dangerous and/or toxic substances and must take necessary precautions to protect eyes, nose and skin from irritation and infection. These situations will be minimal and proper safety equipment and training will be provided.
The role requires interaction with work demands from a number of sources. Distractions from time to time and concentration on a work tasks will be on-going. This could cause some stress when attempting to prioritize tasks and deal with multiple vendors or co-workers at the same time.
Candidates are asked to apply directly to this posting. Lutech thanks all applicants however, only qualified applicants being considered for this opportunity will be contacted.