Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible employer, great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingsway LushOctober 25, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: pressured to sell, cliquey staff, no hierarchy
As much as I love lush and their products, they are a terrible employer. The workplace atmosphere and how the store is run is completely corrupt. There is no district manager or assistant manager, so you have only your boss to report too, also meaning one person is left in charge of all the hiring and firing, what if you're boss is the one gossiping or being rude, who do you talk too then?? That's exactly what happened to me so this should probably be addressed. I was fired/walked out based on the opinion of what one or two people had said about me in a staff of 25+ people. Regardless of the fact that I had made really good connections with other staff, and my boss and I had a great relationship she took another employees word over mine and didn't care to hear what I had to say, her mind was made up by what that one or two people had said.
Productive and fun workplace environment!
Holiday Hire (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
Pros: bonuses if the store met the monthly goal.
Cons: only a holiday job.
A typical day at work at LUSH would be all the staff catching up on their lives first (of course when customers are not around), then dancing the the loud music in the store until a customer arrives. It was the holiday season so there was no shortage of customers and I learned to ask questions of the customer to better meet their needs and it definitely paid off. My coworkers became good friends of mine whom I still talk to. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied/excited look on a customers face when something I said helped them find exactly what they were looking for.