Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An amazing environment, with even more amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: the employees, the environment, and the customers
Everyday I was happy to go work. I would clock in, and then be "chatted in", so I would be told our goals and small details on the side. I would then be zoned in a certain part of the store and set my own personal goal. Every hour or two, we would be switched to a different zone, so it was always changing, it was never a dull moment. The customers are a big part of why I loved working there. They were always so polite and genuine. They were funny and very outgoing, even the ones who seemed a little shy at first. I think the vibe the employees at LUSH put out is what makes the customers comfortable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to adjust to the smell! It was a fairly easy job, being a people person I enjoy interacting with people. My management team was always super excited for each and every day. They were supportive and motivating. My co-workers were the same. I was treated like part of a family, and it was an amazing experience. I don't have a favourite, or most enjoyable part of the job because it was all so wonderful.
One of the best places I've worked for
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
the day starts with a team meeting to discuss the production for the day, we are to reach the goal set my the supervisors. team leads for each line take there respected co-workers to start production on an item.
Manager in Training
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee), Laval, QCNovember 5, 2015
- A great company to learn new and exciting skills.
- A very fun and upbeat atmosphere; great culture of development set in place.
- Interacting with amazing people every day
Fun workplace
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Staff Sale, Free products sometimes
Cons: Need to attend their hiring fair even you work there before.
This company is very busy during Christmas season, so they hire seasonal part time workers. It's like you won't notice the time while working. It's a fast-paced work environment. They use fresh fruits and vegetables on their products. Their products are not tested on animals. The management makes a way to motivate their workers to reach their quota each day like having an internal competition in each department and they give a reward which the manager divides equally to their full time and part time workers. I learned to massage, weigh, label the products, pack and wrap in the pallet. Co-workers are friendly.
great incentives
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 10, 2015
Pros: great discount and wage
Cons: high stress
this job offers great perks, and the possibleity for advancement. however, some times it is easy to get caught up in the hype of the company and not notice the propaganda. the is a great team environment if you have the right staff and management, however if that is missing the job becomes very stressful and demands a lot more then most retail workers have to offer.
Fun, productive and active
Production Assistant (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee), 35 Jutland Rd, etobicoke, ON, CanadaMay 3, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: hard to advance
Fun place to work, meet different people from different culture and background but is not a good place if you are looking for a permanent position.
Horrible employer, great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingsway LushOctober 25, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: pressured to sell, cliquey staff, no hierarchy
As much as I love lush and their products, they are a terrible employer. The workplace atmosphere and how the store is run is completely corrupt. There is no district manager or assistant manager, so you have only your boss to report too, also meaning one person is left in charge of all the hiring and firing, what if you're boss is the one gossiping or being rude, who do you talk too then?? That's exactly what happened to me so this should probably be addressed. I was fired/walked out based on the opinion of what one or two people had said about me in a staff of 25+ people. Regardless of the fact that I had made really good connections with other staff, and my boss and I had a great relationship she took another employees word over mine and didn't care to hear what I had to say, her mind was made up by what that one or two people had said.
Productive and fun workplace environment!
Holiday Hire (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
Pros: bonuses if the store met the monthly goal.
Cons: only a holiday job.
A typical day at work at LUSH would be all the staff catching up on their lives first (of course when customers are not around), then dancing the the loud music in the store until a customer arrives. It was the holiday season so there was no shortage of customers and I learned to ask questions of the customer to better meet their needs and it definitely paid off. My coworkers became good friends of mine whom I still talk to. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied/excited look on a customers face when something I said helped them find exactly what they were looking for.