Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Canada

An amazing environment, with even more amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday I was happy to go work. I would clock in, and then be "chatted in", so I would be told our goals and small details on the side. I would then be zoned in a certain part of the store and set my own personal goal. Every hour or two, we would be switched to a different zone, so it was always changing, it was never a dull moment. The customers are a big part of why I loved working there. They were always so polite and genuine. They were funny and very outgoing, even the ones who seemed a little shy at first. I think the vibe the employees at LUSH put out is what makes the customers comfortable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to adjust to the smell! It was a fairly easy job, being a people person I enjoy interacting with people. My management team was always super excited for each and every day. They were supportive and motivating. My co-workers were the same. I was treated like part of a family, and it was an amazing experience. I don't have a favourite, or most enjoyable part of the job because it was all so wonderful.
Pros
the employees, the environment, and the customers
Fast paced production and family like work enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I would come in at 7am look at the production list for the day then go set up my table with molds and other things I need for the day, then I would start making bath bombs either by myself or with a small group.
I learned about products, work place safety and how to press bath bombs properly.

The management wasn't present on the floor nor did they talk with temps unless they were a superstar at their job. The floor supervisors however were great though and helped everyone out if they needed it.
The hardest part of that job was standing in one place for hours and pressing bombs all day on your own. It has earned the spot of the most physically demanding job I've had.

Even though this was a tough job the best parts were the amazing people; everyone was friendly, we all helped each other and worked as a team all the time. Also the pure satisfaction of completing your daily task and looking over the sheer amount of product you and your co-workers created, "good job!" and high fives all around.
Pros
occasional free lunches, %50 at stores, staff boxes full of merchandise for new launches, frequent damaged products to take home, free fair-trade coffee, 1 hour break/30min paid 30 unpaid, working with some really great and weird people!
Cons
Seasonal/temp, cleaning ladies throw out your lunch, standing in place for long periods of time, high risk of repetitive movement injury. management isn't great, low chance of being hired perminantly
"Happy people make happy soap"
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 21, 2016
"Happy people make happy soap" is one of Lush's oft used catch phrases. But it's one they authentically live by. Although I was there as a seasonal hire, and my position with them was just three months, it was very impactful. They seem to genuinely care for their employees, at every level in their company. They show this in concrete ways, by giving financial bonuses, having great amenities (like a free starbucks machine in the large break room), giving permanent employees full benefits, giving out tons of free product, throwing one heck of a christmas party, putting on events that often benefit the community for all employees to participate in... You get the idea. They also show they care in the way they interact with you on a daily basis. The management is engaged, approachable, communicative and positive. Although it's a huge company, everyone seems to be valued. The area I worked in was called "Bubbles" and we manufactured mostly bubble bars start to finish; from making the mix to packing it up. The actually work itself is very fun, although you do have to work quickly at times. Thanks mostly to the good vibes, this is usually exciting and makes the day go by very quickly (by "day" I mean 3:00-11:30 as they have three shifts of people working around the clock during the christmas season, and I was on the afternoon shift). I would definitely work for them again, and I would recommend anyone to work for them as well. If all companies as successful as Lush operated they way they do, the world would be a better place.
Fun Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
A great company that holds true to it's morals and values. I recommend this job to students and anyone who is looking to work while also gaining life long friendships.
Fun workplace
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2015
This company is very busy during Christmas season, so they hire seasonal part time workers. It's like you won't notice the time while working. It's a fast-paced work environment. They use fresh fruits and vegetables on their products. Their products are not tested on animals. The management makes a way to motivate their workers to reach their quota each day like having an internal competition in each department and they give a reward which the manager divides equally to their full time and part time workers. I learned to massage, weigh, label the products, pack and wrap in the pallet. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Staff Sale, Free products sometimes
Cons
Need to attend their hiring fair even you work there before.
Fun and nice place to work, We have a basket Ball play yard
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Lush is a fun place to work. All the workings are always happy and making happt soap.

The organisational atmosphere is really great and exiting. It is a place where your work is really appriciated.
great incentives
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 10, 2015
this job offers great perks, and the possibleity for advancement. however, some times it is easy to get caught up in the hype of the company and not notice the propaganda. the is a great team environment if you have the right staff and management, however if that is missing the job becomes very stressful and demands a lot more then most retail workers have to offer.
Pros
great discount and wage
Cons
high stress
Great experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2016
It was the best retail experience I have ever had.
The customers are great
Guide customers to the right product
Coworkers made you feel like family.
One of the best places I've worked for
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
the day starts with a team meeting to discuss the production for the day, we are to reach the goal set my the supervisors. team leads for each line take there respected co-workers to start production on an item.
Manager in Training
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCNovember 5, 2015
- A great company to learn new and exciting skills.
- A very fun and upbeat atmosphere; great culture of development set in place.
- Interacting with amazing people every day
Horrible employer, great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsway LushOctober 25, 2014
As much as I love lush and their products, they are a terrible employer. The workplace atmosphere and how the store is run is completely corrupt. There is no district manager or assistant manager, so you have only your boss to report too, also meaning one person is left in charge of all the hiring and firing, what if you're boss is the one gossiping or being rude, who do you talk too then?? That's exactly what happened to me so this should probably be addressed. I was fired/walked out based on the opinion of what one or two people had said about me in a staff of 25+ people. Regardless of the fact that I had made really good connections with other staff, and my boss and I had a great relationship she took another employees word over mine and didn't care to hear what I had to say, her mind was made up by what that one or two people had said.
Pros
50% off
Cons
pressured to sell, cliquey staff, no hierarchy
Fun, productive and active
Production Assistant (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, etobicoke, ON, CanadaMay 3, 2015
Fun place to work, meet different people from different culture and background but is not a good place if you are looking for a permanent position.
Pros
Fun
Cons
hard to advance
Productive and fun workplace environment!
Holiday Hire (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2012
A typical day at work at LUSH would be all the staff catching up on their lives first (of course when customers are not around), then dancing the the loud music in the store until a customer arrives. It was the holiday season so there was no shortage of customers and I learned to ask questions of the customer to better meet their needs and it definitely paid off. My coworkers became good friends of mine whom I still talk to. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied/excited look on a customers face when something I said helped them find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
bonuses if the store met the monthly goal.
Cons
only a holiday job.