Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing company / fun and easy going workplace with great associates
Temporary Store Manager | Senior Key Holder (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 28, 2014
Pros: amazing ethics and values | free product | amazing discount | awesome entry level workers
Cons: poor permanent store manager selection | in-cohesive secondary management
A typical day at work started with clocking in and receiving the update from the key holder/MOD before you. A rundown of KPI's and sales were given along with any other important information. LUSH is heavy on sales but as a team, with no specific personal sales goals.

Management was not united or cohesive due to the store manager being very emotional. – more... Each individual ran the sales floor differently and had various items wanting to be achieved. LUSH looks for big personalities within all of it's staff and managers, which leads to wonderful customer interactions. That being said, most people who are big on personality do not know how to run a business because they are ruled by their emotions.

Since LUSH leaves all of its ordering, payroll, marketing, charity work, scheduling, and overall store upkeep to it's store manager if they are not business mind oriented then daily operation becomes extremely difficult.

Taking all the aforementioned details, the customer interaction was the most rewarding part of the job. Having someone come up to you and say "You have completely changed my skin and gave me my confidence back. Thank you!" ::insert hug::, made you feel as if you made a difference in their life. – less
Busy, fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), LondonMarch 14, 2014
Pros: excellent people, discounts on products
Cons: long hours on your feet, the occasional grumpy customer
Really loved working at this job, fun people,challenging but lively environment and motivated, enthusiastic staff. My manger was firm but fair, and ran things very well. Great company to work for.
challenging leadership style, very little work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 20, 2013
Very exhausting, upper management was very unsupportive and difficult to reach when needed.
great benefits but no work/life babance.
High paced work environment
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2013
Pros: recieve samples of new products first.
Cons: in order to perform at required high standards, must work off the clock.
Work environment is high paced. Co-workers are very supportive. Environment set up to spend more time at work rather than with family/friends.
great but could be amazing
High Volume Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLApril 29, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: not enough support
great company as far as products and ethics but the manager support for a new manager is lacking.
Fun workplace, Amazing demonstrations of the products, Great Demonstration
Sales Associate/Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: free product boxes, frequents bonuses, in-store training, initial ease of environment, part-time employee benefit packages
Cons: short breaks, no full time offers for sales associates, no raise threshold in place, change to a more strenuous
I loved working for hte company under the original management. I enjoyed my duration as an employee. We encountered and helped each and every diversity of individuals. The demonstration process is absolutely amazing, but it was at times hard to grasp as a concept of the store; having come from a background of word-of-mouth sales, I struggled with that. – more... However, there was help and training in-store to aide me in this area of weakness. As a customer, I always love the shopping experience. I loved the demonstrations that help decrypt some of the products, and give the customer an experience of a lifetime. – less
Lush Review
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXOctober 11, 2012
Pros: lots of amazing products that make you feel great
Cons: low benefits
Lush Fresh Cosmetics is an amazing company to work for. My day consists of consultations, demonstrations, and helping customers find products that fit their needs.

The shop's atmosphere is fun, warm and inviting. I really enjoy helping people and seeing them happy.

Lush Cosmetics is a brand and company one can believe in.
Passionate about everything but their employees
Flagship Store Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, WAMay 6, 2012
Lots of work, minimal work life balance, especially if you want to get your name out there and TRY to get somewhere. Very clique-y, will only get somewhere if you are incredibly fake with all of the right people. Coworkers were amazing! Great energy and enthusiasm within this company and incredibly unique employees. Hardest part is the lack of work – more... life balance with very low promise for advancement, even if your store performs well consistently. Also, pay is not competitive, especially in corporate positions. – less
Great company...in the UK
Store Manager (Former Employee), Natick, MANovember 30, 2011
Pros: great products!
Cons: weird corporate climate.
Based out of Vancouver, Canada, the eastern US was far from the center of attention for a new store. While I loved the product and people the opportunities for advancement seemed nil.