Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A new surprise every day, but always fun nonetheless
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee), SwindonJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: fun co-workers, optimistic atmosphere, 50% discount on products, good and paid training, flexible hours
Cons: not good for sensitive hands etc, dealing with potentially rude and unresponsive customers, no one-set job - everyone does everything as opposed to being assigned tasks.
A typical day at work would to be to clean the shop and make it look presentable (half an hour slot in the morning for this) before opening up to customers. Lush have a big policy that all customers must be spoken to, as many people enter the shop without having a clue with what they're looking at! Requires really good knowledge of their products, what – more... they do, and their ingredients, but after explaining it to many customers it begins to stick easily. There are several things to be done: Speak to and help customers, clean down sides, make sure all testing bowls have warm water, top-up products, visit the stock room to re-stock.

My social skills improved greatly and I learned how to create a balance between fun and professional - in Lush, you have to be professional enough to guarantee great service and to help the customers best, but you have to have quite a fun and bubbly personality to make the process a lot more enjoyable. It also includes giving demos to customers (for example trying out a cream on their hands or showing them how a bath bomb works in the tester) so you have to be quite open.

I'm sure it varies between store to store, but the co-workers were all like a very big (and accepting!) family. The management are all friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the job would have been during the busiest days (such as close to Christmas), as you must talk to every customer who enters as well as making sure the tester bowls are warm etc.

The most enjoyable part is the small competitions the management set up to encourage you to make bigger sales - competitive, but fun! – less
It's okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 27, 2012
Pros: fun work environment, decent pay
Cons: seasonal sux, not enough hours
It's a unique experience to work at LUSH. you learn so much about the products and the company. the management was okay overall but one or two co-workers were ratchet. the hardest part of the job was being a seasonal hire and them not being able to keep all their employees.
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NyDecember 15, 2012
A typical day at work for LUSH was always a sense of anticipation. Getting to know people who love LUSH products with enthusiasm was intriguing and fun. I learned that I do not have to sacrafice style and beauty for less. Management did their best to accomodate our needs and customers needs. My co workers were as involed as I was. We loved the products – more... and what it did for the enviornment and our lives. I cannot truly say there was a hard part pertaining to the job. The most enjoyable part was testing out each product for first time customers. – less
The value of Values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MIAugust 16, 2012
Pros: amazing product
Cons: disorganization occurs easily on several levels
Lush is a HIGHLY culture oriented company, with many worthy things to credit to its name.

Any drawbacks would be considered on an individual basis from location to location. As with most environments the people make the place (or break it).

It is a respectable company, with a strong sense of self-identity.
Great Place to work with the right kind of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2012
Pros: easy advancement, great products
Cons: hours
Every day brings something new and exciting. Lush really lets you get to know your customers as people and you really be yourself here. If your intrested in learning alot of awesome and cool stuff about skincare, than this is the place. Your co-works are generally the nicest coolest people. The management is usually pretty cool but will depend on the – more... store. Each store has their own set of rules and standards. The hardest part of the job will be learning all the information that they give you about their products. But the most enjoyable part is the fun enviroment. – less
Lively place to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LutonJune 20, 2012
Pros: beautiful smells
Cons: early starts
i learnt many skills on how to approach customers and what to do in difficult situations. Overall my co-workers were delightful to be around as they made me feel welcome. But the most enjoyable part was to see a happy customer go away with a smile on their face.
Upbeat work environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2012
Very long days, with poor management. My main priorities were product knowledge - the products were amazing - and customer satisfaction.
évolution
Conseiller Maquilleur (Current Employee), Marseille, B8May 6, 2014
évolution inexistante,
Conditions de travail humain
Management humain
Horaires modulables
Esprit d'équipe

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos