Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Life at Lush
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 March 2016
A typical day at work involved getting a debriefing as to what the goal for the team was. I learned a lot about myself, and that I have a passion for helping people, world class understanding that helped with the interpersonal connection I established with each customer and team member. Management was clear, providing my co-workers and I responsibilities that applied to our strengths while helping with our weaknesses. The hardest part about the job was the realization that I was only apart of the seasonal team and my days were numbered. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say would have to be the fact that I fundamentally get to make people happy, spread product and company awareness, feel better about themselves and overall have a great time during their visit.
Productive, friendly, fun, and young workplace!
Ballistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
An amazing job I do recommend to everyone. In my department we were responsible for making the bath bombs, reaching a target of finished bath bombs everyday which varies everyday depending on what you are on. Management is not bad, I have seen way worse at other jobs the only thing that bugs me is that the ones who fire you, the top managers don't really see you work. Yet they have the final say, and we do understand that at the end of the day if your not producing the amount of bath bombs they need you are likely to get fired. We have 'Team Leaders' who are the shift supervisors if you will, and they help us do everything from pressing, to getting items we need to complete tasks, where things are suppose to be when it comes to setting up the day, and such. They have no say in who stays and goes, so they could see someone with amazing talent and motivation to the company who a.) may miss a few days due to life. b.) may not reach target on every bomb when it is the first few times pressing it. and they say say all they want to the bigger bosses but it doesn't really matter. So getting from seasonal to full-time can be a difficult road. Co-workers are super fun, everyone ranges form 18-35 with the occasional person over 35 so its very relaxed when its time for lunch, and when we work. We work hard. Most enjoyable part was meeting the people I did and the experience I got from even the few months I was there. Hoping one day I can get full time!!
Pros
Free Lunches Sometimes
Cons
Odd Hours
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 December 2016
Great workplace and staff , We are like a little familly and we are treated with respect , Good values and we are not testing on animals ,
Pros
Great values
Cons
N/A
Safe environment and productive workplace.
Seasonal Production Assistant in Lush Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
A typical day at work would require setting up my station/table depending on which product I would be making and reaching daily targets which requires making a certain amount or number of what they need. Different products have different targets and some are made in teams and others are not. What I've learnt are the basic safety needs and precautions including the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. The management is really well because they always keep the staffs updated such as daily huddles, progress and making sure of their safety and comfort. My co-workers were a big part of job because I got to work and cooperate while improving individually to learn and work well with others. Everyone is on the same floor which involves us all motivating each other and at the end of the day we are all a team. The hardest part of the job was meeting daily targets which contains consistency and a fast pace work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make different products which made the workplace a lot more productive and fun.
Passionate. Fun. Catty.
(Senior) Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Lush is a great place to be passionate. Passionate about the products, about causes, and passionate about drama.

The company itself is amazing. I still love and solely use their products for skincare. Canadian made and some of the most natural and eco-friendly products in my bathroom. The upper management is amazing, and down to earth. They frequently stop in and are on a first name basis with old-timers. The holiday bash is alway huge, and everyone from seasonals to executives eat, drink, and be merry! Its really wonderful!!!

Store management all tend to be pretty young, and somewhat unprofessional. My first manager was amazing, but she was rarely there when I was because of her other responsibilities as an eco-warrior/ trainer extraordinaire. This left the assistant manager and the floor leaders, and believe me, there were lots of games - the favourites got the best shifts, or the most shifts, and since there were way too many staff on the floor, there were never enough hours, even for full-timers. They would get into literal screaming matches in the backroom, loud enough for the customers to hear! They also bug you to constantly harass the customers until either they buy something or get out.

It was a great part-time job around the holidays, the discount was pretty sweet. And as long as you could stay outside the mgmt/floor lead drama and didn't require hours to make a living, the job was pretty amazing.
Pros
Passionate, well-trained, 50% discount, great staff parties!
Cons
Not enough hours, personal drama in store mgmt
Productive work place and great team leads, co workers and manager
Order Picker, Packer and Shipper - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario12 August 2015
Starting right away to reach our daily goal with everyone working as a team and constantly helping each other out. I have learned that hard-work in every industry is essential and the work load can easily be overcome with every employee's force and experience. The manager is very giving to his workers and treats everyone as a valuable as the company. The job was bearable, it could be very stressful when problems occur unexpectedly and could be very unpredictable. However, everything that happens in a days work makes it all worth it and gives a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Perfect management on break times, long hours
Cons
Long Hours
Fun relaxed workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2016
Easy-going staff and management, this is usually a good thing, although can be lacking if you actually need something from them. Lots of variety to avoid getting too repetitive. Perks for full time employees such as paid transit and opportunities for courses, travel etc.
great company
Visual Merchandiser, Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
LUSH treats staff very well, great environment and customer service. The energy is always high and positive in the shop.
An amazing environment, with even more amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2016
Everyday I was happy to go work. I would clock in, and then be "chatted in", so I would be told our goals and small details on the side. I would then be zoned in a certain part of the store and set my own personal goal. Every hour or two, we would be switched to a different zone, so it was always changing, it was never a dull moment. The customers are a big part of why I loved working there. They were always so polite and genuine. They were funny and very outgoing, even the ones who seemed a little shy at first. I think the vibe the employees at LUSH put out is what makes the customers comfortable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to adjust to the smell! It was a fairly easy job, being a people person I enjoy interacting with people. My management team was always super excited for each and every day. They were supportive and motivating. My co-workers were the same. I was treated like part of a family, and it was an amazing experience. I don't have a favourite, or most enjoyable part of the job because it was all so wonderful.
Pros
the employees, the environment, and the customers
Good company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2016
This is the best place i ever worked and learned a lot as it was my first job ever. Good people and benefits provided my the company.
Stimulating and fun workplace!
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
great incentives
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 August 2015
this job offers great perks, and the possibleity for advancement. however, some times it is easy to get caught up in the hype of the company and not notice the propaganda. the is a great team environment if you have the right staff and management, however if that is missing the job becomes very stressful and demands a lot more then most retail workers have to offer.
Pros
great discount and wage
Cons
high stress
Great co-workers
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2015
Pros
Its a great place to work - getting great challenge

Cons
The smell of the product will need alot of getting used to

Advice to Management
Better compensation
Employee experience wonderful, management satisfactory
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 January 2016
The atmosphere of the store was amazing - so welcoming, helpful, and uplifting. The management was minimal in terms of aiding seasonal personnel and nothing was determined and no one was informed properly about the process leaving the job at the end of the season.
Fun workplace
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2015
This company is very busy during Christmas season, so they hire seasonal part time workers. It's like you won't notice the time while working. It's a fast-paced work environment. They use fresh fruits and vegetables on their products. Their products are not tested on animals. The management makes a way to motivate their workers to reach their quota each day like having an internal competition in each department and they give a reward which the manager divides equally to their full time and part time workers. I learned to massage, weigh, label the products, pack and wrap in the pallet. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Staff Sale, Free products sometimes
Cons
Need to attend their hiring fair even you work there before.
The most spoiled you will ever be, but you need the energy
Floor Leader (Management) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta20 May 2015
I could not speak highly enough of the job.

A typical day does require to be on point, one hundred percent, a hundred percent of the time. If you do not have the ability to balance your needs, you run the risk of burn-out.

With that said, for a retail job, here is complete transparency regarding moving up, setting a career path within lush, values and expectations. Management is active in assisting development and setting goals. This job is also very understanding that everyone else has personal needs and will work with you, openly, to balance the needs of the shop and personal time.

Again, this is a retail job. The wages are competitive but it is indicative of a retail job. This isn't against the company - it's simply the reality of maintaining life (rent, student loans... mainly student loans that cost more per month than insurance and a car payment and certainly leaves you no hope to save for an emergency fund because you know... life happens).

The benefits as full-time are exceptional and the personal gains are bar-none. No other job can you pamper yourself and another person. No other job is as transparent with their ingredients and their products and who they affiliate with. Most importantly, there is a culture of global awareness and impact and you will never walk away without feeling good. you may be exhausted or frustrated as to time limits, but you will always feels good about who you helped and how you helped.
Pros
ethical practices, conscious projects, opportunity to advance, challenging, ll the warm fuzzies, great co-workers
Cons
physical, mental excursion, run the risk of burn-out, high energy, requires being mindful every interaction
Productive Workplace, Great leadership
Factory worker and Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment, as well as how to create products that are uniform. Great leadership, easy to talk to managers as well as co-workers, very understanding company that tries to teach its employees the proper way to complete tasks.
Pros
Fun, up-beat
Cons
Long hours of standing
Fast paced production and family like work enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2016
I would come in at 7am look at the production list for the day then go set up my table with molds and other things I need for the day, then I would start making bath bombs either by myself or with a small group.
I learned about products, work place safety and how to press bath bombs properly.

The management wasn't present on the floor nor did they talk with temps unless they were a superstar at their job. The floor supervisors however were great though and helped everyone out if they needed it.
The hardest part of that job was standing in one place for hours and pressing bombs all day on your own. It has earned the spot of the most physically demanding job I've had.

Even though this was a tough job the best parts were the amazing people; everyone was friendly, we all helped each other and worked as a team all the time. Also the pure satisfaction of completing your daily task and looking over the sheer amount of product you and your co-workers created, "good job!" and high fives all around.
Pros
occasional free lunches, %50 at stores, staff boxes full of merchandise for new launches, frequent damaged products to take home, free fair-trade coffee, 1 hour break/30min paid 30 unpaid, working with some really great and weird people!
Cons
Seasonal/temp, cleaning ladies throw out your lunch, standing in place for long periods of time, high risk of repetitive movement injury. management isn't great, low chance of being hired perminantly
Great people, fun job, fun product
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2014
LUSH employees will tell you that they have fun at work. They are not lying. I've only worked there for a month as a temp but it was the best month of work in my life. Management really goes out of their way to make the employees feel comfortable at work and the atmosphere is very fun.
Pros
Company events like bowling and free lunches
Cons
low salary but its worth it
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
Daily routine; check in with floor leader, learn about the store goal, make a personal goal, come up with strategies to meet such goals; sell sell sell, demo demo demo, check out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers had their favorites

4.3