Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Amazing people
A sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC17 April 2017
The people were amazing, they would always be very understanding about anything you would be going through. The only complaint I had was the amount of time it took to get to work but that was a me issue, not a them issue.
Exciting and fresh place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2017
I loved working at LUSH over the Christmas months. I would have applied to stay on full time if i wasn't in school full time as well. What LUSH stands for and believes in is breathtaking and more people should be aware of all the amazing things this company does. Everyone is welcome and comfortable with each other.
I would say the hardest part for me was memorizing the product information. LUSH isn't just bath bombs, there are a lot of products, but once you can remember a few key ingredients and what they do for the skin its smooth sailing from there.
Pros
great environment
Cons
min. wage
Fun place to work, great bonus system, very family-like atmosphere amongst the sales staff and supervisers; *terrible* management
Holiday staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2017
Own your PK and be comfortable with your upselling techniques. Supervisors will give great feedback and be there to help you step-by-step through the process. However, do it for the money, for the products, and for the atmosphere generated when upper management (aka the manager) is not there. There are definite issues in that area that Lush has refused to address. Work there temporarily and at Christmas time to make some extra money. Would not recommend the Kingston location for a career.
Great interaction, not much opportunity
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 April 2017
With the job, everyone working there is extremely kind and easy going. As an employee, however, it was hard to see any sight of opportunity for advancement in terms of changing from FT to PT and vice versa. Also, the management truly seemed to have theirs eyes set on personality and social successes rather than capabilities when looking for new hires.
Loved working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Its pretty neat. Smells awesome! some friendly people there although there's been a lot of racism complaints, which is something they need to work on. i'm not talking about the obvious but just how others are treated.

It's stupid how they penalize you for not working when its obvious there's nothing left to do so you have to wonder around finding nothing to do like lost puppies.
Not really happy people making happy soap
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Its an okay job, not much room for growth, pay is not great, lots of good people here though. I wouldn't recommend it as a long term job. Fairly disorganized, not much appreciation for the workers who work extremely hard.
Fun and different work enviroment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Great work environment, friendly staff, LOTS of opportunities for advancement and growth! The store has a very fun environment that is inviting to all types of people, so you get to interact a lot with people from everywhere.
Pros
Discount, people, snacks
Cons
Long hours, depending on availability
Wonderful company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I had a wonderful experience working for Lush on a contract position. Great company atmosphere with encouraging management. It was also a fantastic learning environment that helped me to achieve new skills and sharpened the ones I already had.
excellent
Production Assistant\TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
best company to start your carrier. So many opportunities to develop your carrier. There is a lot of things to learn in this company. everyone should apply in this company once.
good
Very Sociable, fun, and very quick to learn
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  15 Jutland Road21 March 2017
Very fun place to have worked in only bad part would of been management letting multiple people go because we were ahead of the deadline and that caused multiple contracts ending sooner then expected
Lush Cosmetics
floor leader and eco-warrior (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2017
A typical day at work involved making sure that the sales associates were all being helpful and greeting customers and answering any questions that sales associates/customers had. The hardest part was keeping an eye on all staff and customers hen the store got extremely busy but if you had yourself organized you could make it work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with the most. We all got along really well and were a small family. As the eco-warrior I was in-charge of making sure that what we could was environmentally friendly and coordinating sustainable projects.
Great people
Picker/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
Although the company itself is completely disorganized, you can always find good people to work with. The departments are filled with an eclectic mix of every type of human.
Productive and fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 March 2017
Good: The workplace culture is very good, everyone is treated fairly and equally. Group teamwork is very important, especially when completing timed quota products. Very fun environment. Good and respectable company. It has a lot of variety to offer such as good benefits to employees.
Bad: It a competition to be hired.
Pros
Pays vacation
Cons
Competitive and very fast paced
Hard to obtain full time position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
Fun work fun but is hard to obtain full time position and contract work is too short, usually only one to three months. Management is nice and co-worker is very friendly.
Amazing workplace
Stock Person (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2017
All the staff share the same vision regarding sales and CSR. They take the time to train and nurture employees to help them grow within the sales position.
Great Seasonal Position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
I had the pleasure of working for LUSH in the gift department for their Christmas rush. Overall it was a great experience. I had a great team lead, great hours, they offered overtime, and if you went meet your target you got a bonus. Since they do hire over 1,000 people for their rush, there is really no room for advancement.
Pros
Good managemtn
Cons
Gossip among other lines
Its nice
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
Worked seasonal and it was nice, it was in Toronto would recommend. I learned time management and how to balance school and work.I enjoyed the work atmosphere.
Fun, Knowledgeable, Eco conscious , Energetic
Lush Floor Leader and Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
Talk to people about how wonderful LUSH products are, talk to co-workers about LUSH, demo products, smell good.
I learned about many different uses for essential oils, fruits, vegetables, and how helping worldwide needs while getting pure ingredients from the source, learning about the environment from which this wondrous ingredients were found in. Management were nice and very organized. Everyone had a mutual love for the products and the overall message that LUSH wants to spread! I would love to see more campaigning! The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours being given out in comparison to the amount of people being hired. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making genuine connections with customers. Making their day by pampering them with the products you have fresh, exciting new knowledge on is very fun! Its wonderful to see a customer love a product just as much as you do.
Lovely environment with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 February 2017
Working at Lush was an amazing experience, it taught me so much about sales, how to connect with customers and find the right products for them. Everyone who works there is so kind and the management always did a wonderful job.
Pros
Learning and experiencing new things
It is an amazing work environment
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2017
Your day goes by really fast because you meet so many different people and they appreciate you when you recommend a product that really worked for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2