Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun work place, good people, meet a lot of interesting people.
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NS10 March 2015
On a typical day I would show up, be given my tasks by my floor leader and sent on the floor. My tasks would consist of talking to customers, get them excited about our products, offer them demos or even to simply make them smile. That's what makes the job worth it is when the customers would be excited about our products an the back stories to them. I was very passionate about our products as well but I had a hard time retaining information and I feel like my employers gave me a hard time because of this. I also was sometimes anxious and needed to loosen up and sometimes my employers would make me feel worse about it. I wasn't treated like an equal to the rest of the seasonal staff, I hardly had any hours. But otherwise I had fun and I enjoyed my job. I learned to loosen up by the end of my contract.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Great product, fun company, CARES for the people
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2015
-One of the best companies, if not the best company I've ever worked for.
-Extensive training for new shop managers
-Lots of amazing programs and systems in place to encourage staff development and advancement
-Managers are encouraged to take full ownership of their stores and embrace their entrepreneurial spirit
Fantastic products that practically sell themselves. Fun work environment, interesting staff & clients. Tons of training & product knowledge provided!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, Quebec5 January 2014
I loved working for LUSH. They always made sure that the staff had the knowledge and training in order to be able to sell their products. They also placed a high priority on ethical business practices and product sourcing. I learned a lot working for the company and would not hesistate to work for them again.

They have a fantastic return policy making it easy on everyone. Clients really appreciated that.

There were no "hard parts" at my job. Everything was enjoyable. You need to have a strong work ethic, a desire to participate and learn.
Pros
The scents, learning, happy staff, happy clients, fabulous poroducts
Cons
Can't think of any.
Productive and fun workplace environment!
Holiday Hire (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2012
A typical day at work at LUSH would be all the staff catching up on their lives first (of course when customers are not around), then dancing the the loud music in the store until a customer arrives. It was the holiday season so there was no shortage of customers and I learned to ask questions of the customer to better meet their needs and it definitely paid off. My coworkers became good friends of mine whom I still talk to. The hardest part of the job was probably leaving and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied/excited look on a customers face when something I said helped them find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
bonuses if the store met the monthly goal.
Cons
only a holiday job.
Awesome place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsway Mall25 February 2015
Lush Was an awesome place to work.! They are known for their tailored customer experience and to obtain this they treat their staff like family: creating a positive work environment which creates happy employees doing the best job ever. All the skills you gain from working at Lush will be useful later on in life: You will gain superb sales skills, your confidence will grow and you'll probably gain some awesome people skills which will benefit you for the rest of your life.
Pros
50% discount, free product, bonding time
It was good for the period I worked there.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2013
I was good during the busy Christmas rush. Good bonuses and friendly atmosphere. The fumes and powders were a bit much and was unable to tolerate it for extended periods.
Pros
good money, good management, awesome christmas party
Cons
fumes, sparkles everywhere, too much potential for injuries.
Productive workplace
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2015
Picking and packing orders
Working in a fast paced environment
Management and co-workers were very generous and helpful
productive, innovative and fun workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke13 February 2015
- you won’t find a better smelling factory other than Lush
- positive work environment and atmosphere
- lots of involvement with the community
- You get to wear whatever you want as long as it is black or white
- the training is impressive
- good treatment of staff
- good ethics
- managers are friendly
Pros
Staff sale, 50% employee discount, time flexibility
Cons
long standing hours, extremely busy at times, incredibly strong perfumes and glitters and sparkles everywhere
This was a productive fun place to work. Unfortunately I became allergic to some of its contents.
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2014
I worked in the bathbomb department mixing powders on small mixers and at the same time on a huge one. I had to measure perfumes dyes and whatever else they added to the bath bombs (chocolate chips anybody? Confetti, fortune cookies, sparkles...)The bath bomb crew was great. They were all from Ethiopia predominantly and a guy from Sudan and they had fun. They made rates per hour plus piece work for each bath bomb I made them so they were always happy when there was a lot coming so I learnt to do the mixes from lightest to darkest throughout the day and how to do them fast but properly. Ninety six bags a day.For Christmas and Valentines that place is bonkers and for a time the other factory (the one out here) was closed so were doing orders for all of Canada and into Hawaii as well as special orders for rock groups like u2 and Britney Spears. I also packed boxes if they needed it or washed moulds but usually I stayed in the same department
Pros
The people I worked with were great and the company was good to its employees
Cons
I eventually became allergic to the incredibly strong perfumes and broke out in rashes
Fun, productive and active
Production Assistant (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, etobicoke, ON, Canada3 May 2015
Fun place to work, meet different people from different culture and background but is not a good place if you are looking for a permanent position.
Pros
Fun
Cons
hard to advance
Time is flexible and I like the company's what they believe
Payroll and Benefits Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario St Vancouver BC9 July 2013
Management is not that is expected, no performance review and co-leagues in the payroll department is not a conducive place or not comfortable to work with. I love my job and the company except my supervisor.
Pros
Time Flexibility
Cons
Co-workers
Fun and Enthusiastic Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 May 2014
I loved working at LUSH. The staff is carefully selected to be energetic, empathetic and knowledgable. There is a high standard to which training is held, featuring numerous training hours and a training handbook. Training is focused on customer satisfaction, and product knowledge and experience.

Each day at LUSH is a party. We were encouraged to dance around, express our individuality and have as much fun as possible!
I was actually excited to go to work every day. I'll miss that.
alright place to work
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Red deer Alberta29 May 2014
I find that this compny needs some work on pay rates and what not they do not pay to what they should
Pros
free samples
Cons
pay wage not enough
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 August 2012
Great place for advancement. Fun people to work with. Very productive. High standard of products and services.
Pros
free bees/staff parties
Cons
physically demanding
fun place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  vancouver30 December 2014
Managers are friendly and no stress about your work
No discrimination,flexible hours
Pros
free coffee, milk
Cons
seasonal
Fun workplace with great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta 5 June 2013
Went under heavy training for product knowledge, educate customers on what "lush" is and suggest products best suited to their needs, maintained shops sanitary needs, receive product shipments and put product on store shelves.
Pros
Great discount, free products, amazing co-workers
Cons
extremely busy at times
Great people Great Product Great Company
Mail Order Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2014
I loved working for a company that was making a deference in people lives.
The people working at LUSH were one of a kind. It was a giant family and I miss that the most.
Not to mention 50% off products!
Pros
Free food, great parties, overtime
Cons
Getting used to the smell
Fun, inspiring and passionate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 June 2012
Everyone from the factory to the sales floor is extremely passionate, well educated on products.
There is no one working there who does not love their job.
A lot of love, care and passion goes into each sale, the job may seem high stress due to the popularity of the type of cosmetics (vegan, vegetarian, Eco-friendly ect), but the customers are just as passionate as the employees.
Always fun and extremely innovative company.
You learn a lot about how the body works, why and how to use natural products to cycle it back into normal cycles, aromatherapy, environmental issues, lots of political petitions and awareness, always news or something to be educated on.
Managers are extremely passionate, loving and excepting. Guiding and very knowledgeable.
Co-workers become like family, you all share values, common goals and passion about products, work ethic and over all customer experience.
Hardest part of the job is being able to remember how products benefit and ingredients. Just takes practice, *I made cue cards*
The most enjoyable part is everyday, every sale, every happy customer, every person who comes back, and building long lasting relationships with every customer.
Pros
amazing staff meetings, passion, fun, innovative, knowledgeable, family, strong team, guiding and supportive, excellent work ethic and values
Cons
hours effected by traffic flow
Best employer!
Team Leader, Social Media Guru (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2014
Fun corporate culture and ethos. Great employee perks and annual employee events.
great job
Foreman (Former Employee) –  southlands15 October 2012
easy to advance. great people and bonus'. pay was reasonable and work was diverse.

4.3