Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and very interesting
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2016
I go to work by 7am get done by 2pm, I assist in the production of the soap and design them and all. It is very engaging as you need to spend time making the best out of the bath bombs. It is because it is hand freshly made you might need to be fast so as to finish it quickly and produce enough for the day
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Over time if you choose
Hardwork and fun
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Worked in different departments and bubbles is the most fun and they promote team work. As for Ballistic department, the supervisor always finds something to complain about even when the productivity of the products is at 100%
Pros
Free Bath Bombs
Cons
Hardwork
great company
Visual Merchandiser, Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
LUSH treats staff very well, great environment and customer service. The energy is always high and positive in the shop.
Great place to work if the upper management like you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
Lush is a wonderful company and its values are incredible. If thr upper management stood by those same values if would be an amazing place to work. The structure is terrible and upper management are so tight that it borders on unprofessional. It was a really disappointing experience.
Pros
Great product and great discounts
Cons
Unprofessional and catty upper management
Great company with fantastic co workers and even better management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
i worked as a production assistant at lush for a month and the daily tasks were as follows.
set up a table with one of the products that need to be un molded or packaged. we would work in groups of 3-5 people and spend the first hour or 2 working on that.
then we would be assigned to help make a certain product in the afternoon which involves pouring the liquid state of soaps/oils into containers.
the co workers i had were the best part of the job. very diverse but welcoming and friendly. I never felt out of place or had confusions about what i needed to do.
management is unlike any other. you can talk to them on a person to person basis and were very flexible with hours, time off, etc.
Pros
diverse workplace, management, co workers, good hours
Cons
lot of standing, physically demanding
Passionate. Fun. Catty.
(Senior) Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Lush is a great place to be passionate. Passionate about the products, about causes, and passionate about drama.

The company itself is amazing. I still love and solely use their products for skincare. Canadian made and some of the most natural and eco-friendly products in my bathroom. The upper management is amazing, and down to earth. They frequently stop in and are on a first name basis with old-timers. The holiday bash is alway huge, and everyone from seasonals to executives eat, drink, and be merry! Its really wonderful!!!

Store management all tend to be pretty young, and somewhat unprofessional. My first manager was amazing, but she was rarely there when I was because of her other responsibilities as an eco-warrior/ trainer extraordinaire. This left the assistant manager and the floor leaders, and believe me, there were lots of games - the favourites got the best shifts, or the most shifts, and since there were way too many staff on the floor, there were never enough hours, even for full-timers. They would get into literal screaming matches in the backroom, loud enough for the customers to hear! They also bug you to constantly harass the customers until either they buy something or get out.

It was a great part-time job around the holidays, the discount was pretty sweet. And as long as you could stay outside the mgmt/floor lead drama and didn't require hours to make a living, the job was pretty amazing.
Pros
Passionate, well-trained, 50% discount, great staff parties!
Cons
Not enough hours, personal drama in store mgmt
Amazing co-workers, great training, still a "mall" job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 July 2016
Working for Lush was an experience. The training is extremely in depth and very comprehensive. My co-workers were the coolest people I've met and I'm still friends with some of them. It is a typical 'mall' job - high staff turnover, skipped breaks. But they do a really good job at making it seem worth it.

They do try to promote from within, but it often doesn't work out that way. That said, the sales training and soft skills learned are phenomenal and the discount on products is unreal, so all and all I recommend it.
Pros
Seriously awesome discount, Really fun coworkers
Cons
Typical "mall" retail position.
Energizing and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 June 2016
Working here has been great. A typical day involves high-energy interaction with all different people. Working at Lush really lets you get to know your customers and feel at ease with them before even doing any selling. It can be a bit hectic at times, especially around Christmas, but those days go by quick as long as you can handle the pressure. The staff here are very supportive and understanding, I've found them to be more like friends & family than just coworkers. Management is supportive of you as well, taking care of everyone in the shop. Your managers will gladly help guide you through the jungle that is your first few weeks at the shop, but know when to let go. Moving up within the company is encouraged as well, specialty roles are available if you speak to your management team! The only downsides to the job are customers every now and then (as with any other retail job), being on your feet all day, and keeping energized & excited interactions with customers. It can definitely be difficult to click with each person you help. Overall, its a great place to work. Very fun, supportive, and somewhat competitive, in the friendliest fashion, which helps encourage you to keep doing better. You can feel proud of your work as well, by working with a company that has stood by such strong and important ethics for years.
Pros
Feeling proud of the company you work for
Cons
High-energy is a constant necessity
I had a blast working for lush
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 June 2016
When I worked at lush for the christmas season i had a great time, there was always fun events going on in the factory and the work enviroment was always fast paced and fun. Managers always were there to help and assist you when you needed an extra hand. I learned a lot about team work and essential oils and fruits the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet for long periods of time but they had stress mats (those mats you stand on like rubber ones).

I would work for lush again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Work events and community events
Cons
Standing for long hours
"Happy people make happy soap"
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2016
"Happy people make happy soap" is one of Lush's oft used catch phrases. But it's one they authentically live by. Although I was there as a seasonal hire, and my position with them was just three months, it was very impactful. They seem to genuinely care for their employees, at every level in their company. They show this in concrete ways, by giving financial bonuses, having great amenities (like a free starbucks machine in the large break room), giving permanent employees full benefits, giving out tons of free product, throwing one heck of a christmas party, putting on events that often benefit the community for all employees to participate in... You get the idea. They also show they care in the way they interact with you on a daily basis. The management is engaged, approachable, communicative and positive. Although it's a huge company, everyone seems to be valued. The area I worked in was called "Bubbles" and we manufactured mostly bubble bars start to finish; from making the mix to packing it up. The actually work itself is very fun, although you do have to work quickly at times. Thanks mostly to the good vibes, this is usually exciting and makes the day go by very quickly (by "day" I mean 3:00-11:30 as they have three shifts of people working around the clock during the christmas season, and I was on the afternoon shift). I would definitely work for them again, and I would recommend anyone to work for them as well. If all companies as successful as Lush operated they way they do, the world would be a better place.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
Daily routine; check in with floor leader, learn about the store goal, make a personal goal, come up with strategies to meet such goals; sell sell sell, demo demo demo, check out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers had their favorites
Very positive staff interactions, wonderful product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
I adored working at LUSH. As a sales associate during the winter holiday season, I was expected to know a lot about the company and product, and help meet customers' needs accordingly. I learned a lot about customer service, and also about the various topical uses of miscellaneous plants. The managers were exceptionally well trained, and very supportive. My coworkers were many and I didn't get to know a lot of them very well, just because there were over 60 of us and I rarely worked with the same person more than three times, but they were all very friendly. I think the hardest part of this job was how emotionally draining it could be. There is a lot of emotional labour required in customer service and at times it could be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a product that I believed in, and for a company that treated every person in it as, well, people. The discount was pretty awesome, too.
Pros
Superb management
Cons
Very physically and emotionally demanding
Good company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2016
This is the best place i ever worked and learned a lot as it was my first job ever. Good people and benefits provided my the company.
Fun relaxed workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2016
Easy-going staff and management, this is usually a good thing, although can be lacking if you actually need something from them. Lots of variety to avoid getting too repetitive. Perks for full time employees such as paid transit and opportunities for courses, travel etc.
Safe environment and productive workplace.
Seasonal Production Assistant in Lush Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
A typical day at work would require setting up my station/table depending on which product I would be making and reaching daily targets which requires making a certain amount or number of what they need. Different products have different targets and some are made in teams and others are not. What I've learnt are the basic safety needs and precautions including the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. The management is really well because they always keep the staffs updated such as daily huddles, progress and making sure of their safety and comfort. My co-workers were a big part of job because I got to work and cooperate while improving individually to learn and work well with others. Everyone is on the same floor which involves us all motivating each other and at the end of the day we are all a team. The hardest part of the job was meeting daily targets which contains consistency and a fast pace work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make different products which made the workplace a lot more productive and fun.
Fun Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
A great company that holds true to it's morals and values. I recommend this job to students and anyone who is looking to work while also gaining life long friendships.
Stimulating and fun workplace!
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
Life at Lush
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 March 2016
A typical day at work involved getting a debriefing as to what the goal for the team was. I learned a lot about myself, and that I have a passion for helping people, world class understanding that helped with the interpersonal connection I established with each customer and team member. Management was clear, providing my co-workers and I responsibilities that applied to our strengths while helping with our weaknesses. The hardest part about the job was the realization that I was only apart of the seasonal team and my days were numbered. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say would have to be the fact that I fundamentally get to make people happy, spread product and company awareness, feel better about themselves and overall have a great time during their visit.
Fast paced production and family like work enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2016
I would come in at 7am look at the production list for the day then go set up my table with molds and other things I need for the day, then I would start making bath bombs either by myself or with a small group.
I learned about products, work place safety and how to press bath bombs properly.

The management wasn't present on the floor nor did they talk with temps unless they were a superstar at their job. The floor supervisors however were great though and helped everyone out if they needed it.
The hardest part of that job was standing in one place for hours and pressing bombs all day on your own. It has earned the spot of the most physically demanding job I've had.

Even though this was a tough job the best parts were the amazing people; everyone was friendly, we all helped each other and worked as a team all the time. Also the pure satisfaction of completing your daily task and looking over the sheer amount of product you and your co-workers created, "good job!" and high fives all around.
Pros
occasional free lunches, %50 at stores, staff boxes full of merchandise for new launches, frequent damaged products to take home, free fair-trade coffee, 1 hour break/30min paid 30 unpaid, working with some really great and weird people!
Cons
Seasonal/temp, cleaning ladies throw out your lunch, standing in place for long periods of time, high risk of repetitive movement injury. management isn't great, low chance of being hired perminantly
Great experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2016
It was the best retail experience I have ever had.
The customers are great
Guide customers to the right product
Coworkers made you feel like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3