Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Easy going place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2017
You can actually be yourself. The discount is great and the products are amazing. This company is the most transparent company I have worked for, there is nothing slimy about them
Pros
Shifts were fun, discount was amazing, you can be yourself
Cons
Sort of exhausting, especially when it gets busy
Fun place to work but not a career
Leader/In-Shop Trainer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 December 2016
I love Lush but felt I wasn't given the tools to grow or succeed, after working here for a year I felt that I could no longer handle the lack of ambition around me
fun place productive good management always hit out targets.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
I enjoy working here at lush it a great places to work very fun place to work especially when we made the products like the soaps,scrubs. The people are awesome very friendly.
Pros
bonuses when we hit our target
Cons
Happy people making happy soap!
Online Orders (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 December 2016
The environment is very upbeat and everyone is extremely inviting with open arms. It's a fast paced job but if you like to be on your toes, it's a perfect place to be!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 December 2016
Great workplace and staff , We are like a little familly and we are treated with respect , Good values and we are not testing on animals ,
Pros
Great values
Cons
N/a
happy fun work place
Lush Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
work life balance, family like community
wiling to teach each person new things
unfortunately not very much room for opportunity
poor managment
its was great with great and friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
very tiring
I learned how to coordinate with other members
management is not that strict but it wasn't to the point that we can do what we want
my co-workers always sets the mood up
the hardest part is carrying heavy stuff
the most enjoyable part of the job is working and meeting new people
Pros
we're having 2 breaks
Cons
Very nice work place with beautiful rest area
Seasonal Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
Easy job
Perfect timetable for student
Great benefit
Friendly worker
Interesting job and lots of fun
Amazing and beautiful products
Pros
Free foods sometimes
Cons
Stand for long time
Believe the Hype!
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Definitely a Company I've been dreaming of since I got into the employment world. I love what this company stands for / believes in , which is the betterment of the earth all while making sure people feel , and look good doing it. It really is true about " happy people making happy Soap" . especially when Management is all about making sure their employees are taken care of .
Pros
working for an ethical company
Cons
slow for advancement
One of the best jobs I've had
Calgary - Senior key holder, manager in training (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
I worked here in my last year of high school. The management believed in me and invested so much time and knowledge to help me grow as and employee. If i could work at a lush again, I definitely would. I left for University, and I miss lush everyday.
Pros
People!!
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
The co-workers are amazing people. The staff at lush are very friendly and accepting. A typical day at Lush would be chat-in with the floor manager then go out onto floor. By the end of the shift they would have a chat-out. During the chats they asked how your day was and what goals you have for your shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
Great Place for Candidates who wish to grow with Company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 November 2016
Been at LUSH for over 6.5 years and the company has given me so many opportunities to grow and flourish. They're willing to take a chance on young professionals and willing to develop them throughout the process. It's a fun environment with great people. Very hard to find those things in other work places. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Bonus Pay, Fun Environment
Cons
Xmas Season very hectic
Fast paced ethical company, fair trade, and sustainable
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 November 2016
Lush is an amazing brand with an amazing core value system. I appreciate their ethics and that they are a campaigning company. Passion for the environment, human rights and animal welfare really helps you to appreciate the Lush vibe.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Would not wish to discuss
Productive, fun and very interesting
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2016
I go to work by 7am get done by 2pm, I assist in the production of the soap and design them and all. It is very engaging as you need to spend time making the best out of the bath bombs. It is because it is hand freshly made you might need to be fast so as to finish it quickly and produce enough for the day
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Over time if you choose
Hardwork and fun
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Worked in different departments and bubbles is the most fun and they promote team work. As for Ballistic department, the supervisor always finds something to complain about even when the productivity of the products is at 100%
Pros
Free Bath Bombs
Cons
Hardwork
great company
Visual Merchandiser, Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
LUSH treats staff very well, great environment and customer service. The energy is always high and positive in the shop.
Great place to work if the upper management like you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
Lush is a wonderful company and its values are incredible. If thr upper management stood by those same values if would be an amazing place to work. The structure is terrible and upper management are so tight that it borders on unprofessional. It was a really disappointing experience.
Pros
Great product and great discounts
Cons
Unprofessional and catty upper management
Great company with fantastic co workers and even better management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
i worked as a production assistant at lush for a month and the daily tasks were as follows.
set up a table with one of the products that need to be un molded or packaged. we would work in groups of 3-5 people and spend the first hour or 2 working on that.
then we would be assigned to help make a certain product in the afternoon which involves pouring the liquid state of soaps/oils into containers.
the co workers i had were the best part of the job. very diverse but welcoming and friendly. I never felt out of place or had confusions about what i needed to do.
management is unlike any other. you can talk to them on a person to person basis and were very flexible with hours, time off, etc.
Pros
diverse workplace, management, co workers, good hours
Cons
lot of standing, physically demanding
Passionate. Fun. Catty.
(Senior) Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Lush is a great place to be passionate. Passionate about the products, about causes, and passionate about drama.

The company itself is amazing. I still love and solely use their products for skincare. Canadian made and some of the most natural and eco-friendly products in my bathroom. The upper management is amazing, and down to earth. They frequently stop in and are on a first name basis with old-timers. The holiday bash is alway huge, and everyone from seasonals to executives eat, drink, and be merry! Its really wonderful!!!

Store management all tend to be pretty young, and somewhat unprofessional. My first manager was amazing, but she was rarely there when I was because of her other responsibilities as an eco-warrior/ trainer extraordinaire. This left the assistant manager and the floor leaders, and believe me, there were lots of games - the favourites got the best shifts, or the most shifts, and since there were way too many staff on the floor, there were never enough hours, even for full-timers. They would get into literal screaming matches in the backroom, loud enough for the customers to hear! They also bug you to constantly harass the customers until either they buy something or get out.

It was a great part-time job around the holidays, the discount was pretty sweet. And as long as you could stay outside the mgmt/floor lead drama and didn't require hours to make a living, the job was pretty amazing.
Pros
Passionate, well-trained, 50% discount, great staff parties!
Cons
Not enough hours, personal drama in store mgmt
Amazing co-workers, great training, still a "mall" job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 July 2016
Working for Lush was an experience. The training is extremely in depth and very comprehensive. My co-workers were the coolest people I've met and I'm still friends with some of them. It is a typical 'mall' job - high staff turnover, skipped breaks. But they do a really good job at making it seem worth it.

They do try to promote from within, but it often doesn't work out that way. That said, the sales training and soft skills learned are phenomenal and the discount on products is unreal, so all and all I recommend it.
Pros
Seriously awesome discount, Really fun coworkers
Cons
Typical "mall" retail position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3