Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Very Sociable, fun, and very quick to learn
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  15 Jutland Road21 March 2017
Very fun place to have worked in only bad part would of been management letting multiple people go because we were ahead of the deadline and that caused multiple contracts ending sooner then expected
Lush Cosmetics
floor leader and eco-warrior (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2017
A typical day at work involved making sure that the sales associates were all being helpful and greeting customers and answering any questions that sales associates/customers had. The hardest part was keeping an eye on all staff and customers hen the store got extremely busy but if you had yourself organized you could make it work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with the most. We all got along really well and were a small family. As the eco-warrior I was in-charge of making sure that what we could was environmentally friendly and coordinating sustainable projects.
Great people
Picker/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
Although the company itself is completely disorganized, you can always find good people to work with. The departments are filled with an eclectic mix of every type of human.
Bon environnement de travail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC14 March 2017
Une journée de travail est très simple; on rentre, on reçoit un 'chat-in' pour connaitre les buts et objectifs de la journée. Les superviseurs et la gérante sont toujours près à aider et répondre aux questions. Le plus gros, c'est de se souvenir des ingrédients de chaque produit et de pouvoir en parler aisément. Il faut aussi être confortable avec le contact humain, car il faut pouvoir être en mesure de masser les clients et essayer les divers produits sur eux. À la fin de la journée, on reçoit un 'chat-out' et on s'en va.
Pros
L'esprit de famille
Cons
Le temps supplémentaire n'est pas rémunéré
Productive and fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 March 2017
Good: The workplace culture is very good, everyone is treated fairly and equally. Group teamwork is very important, especially when completing timed quota products. Very fun environment. Good and respectable company. It has a lot of variety to offer such as good benefits to employees.
Bad: It a competition to be hired.
Pros
Pays vacation
Cons
Competitive and very fast paced
Hard to obtain full time position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
Fun work fun but is hard to obtain full time position and contract work is too short, usually only one to three months. Management is nice and co-worker is very friendly.
Amazing workplace
Stock Person (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2017
All the staff share the same vision regarding sales and CSR. They take the time to train and nurture employees to help them grow within the sales position.
Great Seasonal Position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
I had the pleasure of working for LUSH in the gift department for their Christmas rush. Overall it was a great experience. I had a great team lead, great hours, they offered overtime, and if you went meet your target you got a bonus. Since they do hire over 1,000 people for their rush, there is really no room for advancement.
Pros
Good managemtn
Cons
Gossip among other lines
Its nice
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
Worked seasonal and it was nice, it was in Toronto would recommend. I learned time management and how to balance school and work.I enjoyed the work atmosphere.
Fun, Knowledgeable, Eco conscious , Energetic
Lush Floor Leader and Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
Talk to people about how wonderful LUSH products are, talk to co-workers about LUSH, demo products, smell good.
I learned about many different uses for essential oils, fruits, vegetables, and how helping worldwide needs while getting pure ingredients from the source, learning about the environment from which this wondrous ingredients were found in. Management were nice and very organized. Everyone had a mutual love for the products and the overall message that LUSH wants to spread! I would love to see more campaigning! The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours being given out in comparison to the amount of people being hired. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making genuine connections with customers. Making their day by pampering them with the products you have fresh, exciting new knowledge on is very fun! Its wonderful to see a customer love a product just as much as you do.

Want to know more about Lush Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Lovely environment with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 February 2017
Working at Lush was an amazing experience, it taught me so much about sales, how to connect with customers and find the right products for them. Everyone who works there is so kind and the management always did a wonderful job.
Pros
Learning and experiencing new things
It is an amazing work environment
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2017
Your day goes by really fast because you meet so many different people and they appreciate you when you recommend a product that really worked for them.
I loved this company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
for a fast paced job, I was very relaxed. I loved walking into work every day, the culture was so open and full of learning.
overall great experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  justland6 February 2017
diverse work environment
helpful co workers
great benefits
manager was very compassionate and understanding
i learned alot about sales and marketing and
i learned alot about ethical campaigning and vegan cosmetic products
Pros
free Starbucks and free staff lunches
Cons
long hrs of standing
Great Management and Easy going work place
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 February 2017
Work included long hours of standing, and constant interaction with customers. Management was kind yet firm when needed. The most enjoyable part of work was the people I would interact with everyday.
Fun, upbeat, playfull, productive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 February 2017
A typical day at work was fun, upbeat, playfull, and productive.
I've learned how to multi sell and also knowing different natural ingredients and effects on skin.
The management was amazing we received training when ever needed, had weekly meetings regarding the store and also received daily sell goals.
The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and the how the staff were very friendly with each other and it friendly very fun to go to work everyday.
Great place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
I really enjoyed working at LUSH! Working in a company that held the same values I did, with a warm and welcoming work atmosphere was amazing!

The management was very kind and coached me through sales techniques to make sure that I did the best I could in every shift.
Pros
Very nice atmosphere
Cons
Standing for long hours
Great company, wonderful people.
Green Officer/Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
Such a fun place to work. Ethical and always providing areas to improve and move up in the company. I liked the values of this company. I worked in manufacturing and I was injured so I decided to go back to school but I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked for.
Productive and learning new techniques unique way
Assistant Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 January 2017
A typical day starts with getting moles to assigned table. Co-workers are really helpful with finding moles and helping out to start off the day. Music plays in the background so keeps a fun and productive atmosphere for workers.
Amazing and best manufacturing.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2017
A very fun workplace,great people,good management and amazing place.Working in Lush is a great pleasure and great opportunity.I like the way they manage,the way they handle people..the team leaders are all cool..great and fun.I enjoy the most when we are making snow angel..glittering products and pouring..Team works is fun,my co-workers are great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2