Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting workplace with a family-like vibe.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jutland Rd.12 January 2017
Working at Lush was a valuable experience. There is always something productive to do and whether you work in manufacturing, distribution or retail, knowing that you took part in creating beautiful, organic, handmade products that will make customers very happy in turn makes you happy. Those who work at Lush are generally kind and creative people who don't shy from sparking a conversation about the beautiful glitter all over the place or the newest bath bombs. With great co-workers who share a goal of good quality and a safe and happy work environment, Lush is easily a place you won't mind working over-time for. The supervisors are approachable, down to earth individuals who are always able to provide the appropriate assistance when needed, and they always have a smile on their face, even under pressure. As long as you are willing to work under pressure and can adjust to plans changing often, I highly recommend applying to work at Lush. Especially if you desire to work somewhere that you can also consider a second home.
Pros
Free products, long-time friendships, lots of bonuses especially during seasonal months
Cons
The floors are slippery in the manufacturing building, plans change in the blink of an eye
Great company, wonderful people.
Green Officer/Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
Such a fun place to work. Ethical and always providing areas to improve and move up in the company. I liked the values of this company. I worked in manufacturing and I was injured so I decided to go back to school but I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked for.
I had a blast working for lush
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 June 2016
When I worked at lush for the christmas season i had a great time, there was always fun events going on in the factory and the work enviroment was always fast paced and fun. Managers always were there to help and assist you when you needed an extra hand. I learned a lot about team work and essential oils and fruits the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet for long periods of time but they had stress mats (those mats you stand on like rubber ones).

I would work for lush again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Work events and community events
Cons
Standing for long hours
Productive and learning new techniques unique way
Assistant Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 January 2017
A typical day starts with getting moles to assigned table. Co-workers are really helpful with finding moles and helping out to start off the day. Music plays in the background so keeps a fun and productive atmosphere for workers.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
The co-workers are amazing people. The staff at lush are very friendly and accepting. A typical day at Lush would be chat-in with the floor manager then go out onto floor. By the end of the shift they would have a chat-out. During the chats they asked how your day was and what goals you have for your shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
Easy going place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2017
You can actually be yourself. The discount is great and the products are amazing. This company is the most transparent company I have worked for, there is nothing slimy about them
Pros
Shifts were fun, discount was amazing, you can be yourself
Cons
Sort of exhausting, especially when it gets busy
Great company to work for
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Part-time staff are always uplifting. However, the full-time floor leaders were very harsh in the way they spoke to part-time workers.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Overly-stern floor leaders
Fun place to work but not a career
Leader/In-Shop Trainer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 December 2016
I love Lush but felt I wasn't given the tools to grow or succeed, after working here for a year I felt that I could no longer handle the lack of ambition around me
Productive, fun and very interesting
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2016
I go to work by 7am get done by 2pm, I assist in the production of the soap and design them and all. It is very engaging as you need to spend time making the best out of the bath bombs. It is because it is hand freshly made you might need to be fast so as to finish it quickly and produce enough for the day
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Over time if you choose
Fast paced ethical company, fair trade, and sustainable
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 November 2016
Lush is an amazing brand with an amazing core value system. I appreciate their ethics and that they are a campaigning company. Passion for the environment, human rights and animal welfare really helps you to appreciate the Lush vibe.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Would not wish to discuss
Very positive staff interactions, wonderful product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
I adored working at LUSH. As a sales associate during the winter holiday season, I was expected to know a lot about the company and product, and help meet customers' needs accordingly. I learned a lot about customer service, and also about the various topical uses of miscellaneous plants. The managers were exceptionally well trained, and very supportive. My coworkers were many and I didn't get to know a lot of them very well, just because there were over 60 of us and I rarely worked with the same person more than three times, but they were all very friendly. I think the hardest part of this job was how emotionally draining it could be. There is a lot of emotional labour required in customer service and at times it could be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a product that I believed in, and for a company that treated every person in it as, well, people. The discount was pretty awesome, too.
Pros
Superb management
Cons
Very physically and emotionally demanding
"Happy people make happy soap"
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2016
"Happy people make happy soap" is one of Lush's oft used catch phrases. But it's one they authentically live by. Although I was there as a seasonal hire, and my position with them was just three months, it was very impactful. They seem to genuinely care for their employees, at every level in their company. They show this in concrete ways, by giving financial bonuses, having great amenities (like a free starbucks machine in the large break room), giving permanent employees full benefits, giving out tons of free product, throwing one heck of a christmas party, putting on events that often benefit the community for all employees to participate in... You get the idea. They also show they care in the way they interact with you on a daily basis. The management is engaged, approachable, communicative and positive. Although it's a huge company, everyone seems to be valued. The area I worked in was called "Bubbles" and we manufactured mostly bubble bars start to finish; from making the mix to packing it up. The actually work itself is very fun, although you do have to work quickly at times. Thanks mostly to the good vibes, this is usually exciting and makes the day go by very quickly (by "day" I mean 3:00-11:30 as they have three shifts of people working around the clock during the christmas season, and I was on the afternoon shift). I would definitely work for them again, and I would recommend anyone to work for them as well. If all companies as successful as Lush operated they way they do, the world would be a better place.
Great people
Picker/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
Although the company itself is completely disorganized, you can always find good people to work with. The departments are filled with an eclectic mix of every type of human.
Very nice work place with beautiful rest area
Seasonal Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
Easy job
Perfect timetable for student
Great benefit
Friendly worker
Interesting job and lots of fun
Amazing and beautiful products
Pros
Free foods sometimes
Cons
Stand for long time
It is an amazing work environment
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2017
Your day goes by really fast because you meet so many different people and they appreciate you when you recommend a product that really worked for them.
Fun products, terrible everything else
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 November 2013
Lush is a fun place to work, assuming you like the other employees. However, upper management is ridiculous, don't answer queries, get mad when you don't meet some objective that you didn't know existed, and generally are impossible to get a hold of. As a manager, you don't even know who your 'supervisor' is because of the structure of upper management!

Salary has gotten better since I've been there, I have heard, but when I was there it wasn't competitive, benefits weren't great, and they had no RRSP program to speak of.

There's no place to go in terms of advancement. They cherry pick their favourite people regardless of competence.

Work life balance is pretty good since it's retail; you don't take anything home with you when you leave.
Amazing workplace
Stock Person (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2017
All the staff share the same vision regarding sales and CSR. They take the time to train and nurture employees to help them grow within the sales position.
Hardwork and fun
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Worked in different departments and bubbles is the most fun and they promote team work. As for Ballistic department, the supervisor always finds something to complain about even when the productivity of the products is at 100%
Pros
Free Bath Bombs
Cons
Hardwork
Happy people making happy soap!
Online Orders (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 December 2016
The environment is very upbeat and everyone is extremely inviting with open arms. It's a fast paced job but if you like to be on your toes, it's a perfect place to be!
Amazing co-workers, great training, still a "mall" job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 July 2016
Working for Lush was an experience. The training is extremely in depth and very comprehensive. My co-workers were the coolest people I've met and I'm still friends with some of them. It is a typical 'mall' job - high staff turnover, skipped breaks. But they do a really good job at making it seem worth it.

They do try to promote from within, but it often doesn't work out that way. That said, the sales training and soft skills learned are phenomenal and the discount on products is unreal, so all and all I recommend it.
Pros
Seriously awesome discount, Really fun coworkers
Cons
Typical "mall" retail position.

4.3