Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, fun job, fun product
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: company events like bowling and free lunches
Cons: low salary but its worth it
LUSH employees will tell you that they have fun at work. They are not lying. I've only worked there for a month as a temp but it was the best month of work in my life. Management really goes out of their way to make the employees feel comfortable at work and the atmosphere is very fun.
Fantastic products that practically sell themselves. Fun work environment, interesting staff & clients. Tons of training & product knowledge provided!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QuebecJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the scents, learning, happy staff, happy clients, fabulous poroducts
Cons: can't think of any.
I loved working for LUSH. They always made sure that the staff had the knowledge and training in order to be able to sell their products. They also placed a high priority on ethical business practices and product sourcing. I learned a lot working for the company and would not hesistate to work for them again.

They have a fantastic return policy making it easy on everyone. Clients really appreciated that.

There were no "hard parts" at my job. Everything was enjoyable. You need to have a strong work ethic, a desire to participate and learn.
Fun products, terrible everything else
Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 1, 2013
Lush is a fun place to work, assuming you like the other employees. However, upper management is ridiculous, don't answer queries, get mad when you don't meet some objective that you didn't know existed, and generally are impossible to get a hold of. As a manager, you don't even know who your 'supervisor' is because of the structure of upper management!

Salary has gotten better since I've been there, I have heard, but when I was there it wasn't competitive, benefits weren't great, and they had no RRSP program to speak of.

There's no place to go in terms of advancement. They cherry pick their favourite people regardless of competence.

Work life balance is pretty good since it's retail; you don't take anything home with you when you leave.
Time is flexible and I like the company's what they believe
Payroll and Benefits Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Ontario St Vancouver BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: co-workers
Management is not that is expected, no performance review and co-leagues in the payroll department is not a conducive place or not comfortable to work with. I love my job and the company except my supervisor.
Fun workplace with great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 5, 2013
Pros: great discount, free products, amazing co-workers
Cons: extremely busy at times
Went under heavy training for product knowledge, educate customers on what "lush" is and suggest products best suited to their needs, maintained shops sanitary needs, receive product shipments and put product on store shelves.
It was good for the period I worked there.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 24, 2013
Pros: good money, good management, awesome christmas party
Cons: fumes, sparkles everywhere, too much potential for injuries.
I was good during the busy Christmas rush. Good bonuses and friendly atmosphere. The fumes and powders were a bit much and was unable to tolerate it for extended periods.
great job
Foreman (Former Employee), southlandsOctober 15, 2012
easy to advance. great people and bonus'. pay was reasonable and work was diverse.
Fun, inspiring and passionate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 11, 2012
Pros: amazing staff meetings, passion, fun, innovative, knowledgeable, family, strong team, guiding and supportive, excellent work ethic and values
Cons: hours effected by traffic flow
Everyone from the factory to the sales floor is extremely passionate, well educated on products.
There is no one working there who does not love their job.
A lot of love, care and passion goes into each sale, the job may seem high stress due to the popularity of the type of cosmetics (vegan, vegetarian, Eco-friendly ect), but the customers are just as passionate as the employees.
Always fun and extremely innovative company.
You learn a lot about how the body works, why and how to use natural products to cycle it back into normal cycles, aromatherapy, environmental issues, lots of political petitions and awareness, always news or something to be educated on.
Managers are extremely passionate, loving and excepting. Guiding and very knowledgeable.
Co-workers become like family, you all share values, common goals and passion about products, work ethic and over all customer experience.
Hardest part of the job is being able to remember how products benefit and ingredients. Just takes practice, *I made cue cards*
The most enjoyable part is everyday, every sale, every happy customer, every person who comes back, and building long lasting relationships with every customer.