Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to get your feet wet
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2013
Pros: 50% employee discount, product knowledge, customer service and retail experience
Cons: seasonal, minimal hours
Everyone is very bubbly, management is hands on and helpful. Lush culture is upbeat and positive. I loved all the product knowledge I took from it. Hardest part was leaving. Most enjoyable part were the perks and passing my useful knowledge to our guests and teaching them about their skin
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
lush was an amazing place to work wonderful people to amazing benefits
Fun workplace with really great trainings!
Floor Leader, Keyholder & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: work cultur/environment, extensive training, helping customers find what they needed.
Cons: working hours and shifts
A typical day at work: As the key holder, I'd arrive to the store an hour before opening hours to set up. Then, as the floor leader, I'd make a list of sales goals for the day, schedule lunch breaks, and create to sales contests for the day. Once the other employees arrived, Id brief them on the sales goals/contests. Throughout the day, I'd let the – more... other employees know where we are in sales every hour. Once the store was closed, Id clean up, close the registers, make a bank run to deposit the day's cash, then lock the doors.

What I learned: I gained an extreme amount of knowledge about skincare and hair care. I received in depth training about all the ingredients in the products. I also strengthened my skills as a leader and team player.

Management: My manager was very thorough when it came to keeping communication open and addressing the needs of everyone.

Coworker: I absolutely enjoyed working with my team. Everyone brought tons of enthusiasm and knowledge to work every day.

The hardest part of the job: The hardest part was trying not to drown our guests in too much product knowledge and energy because sometimes it could be overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part was gaining so much product knowledge and being able to work in a very team friendly environment. As well as being able to work independently when necessary. – less
A great and enjoyable job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great staff to work alongside with.
Working there from November to January I was given a range of tasks to complete and really furthered my knowledge and experience in the working environment. I mainly worked on customer services offering my help and assistance to those who required it as well as dealing with money being given the responsibility to cash in the tills, I was working in – more... a very fast paced environment under a lot of pressure but was a well trusted employee. Working there I have gained many positive skills which I can take away and continue to use in my career path and jobs in the foreseeable future.
I have spent – less
Fun workplace!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), SheffieldSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: staff discount on products
I would go in and help other members of staff organise the shop floor before opening times, after the shop had been opened for the day I would either be on the tills or helping out on the shop floor with, answering customers enquires and restocking products. After a busy day me and other employees would clean up the shop floor (general house cleaning)
If you are not a natrual seller, go elsewhere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: discount, samples, fighting animal testing.
Cons: sales
My month with working for Lush cosmetics had been mostly training. They review their products, teach you about every ingredient that is in it, and push their lingo so it's easier to sell. I'm not saying it wasn't an enlightening experience to figure out I couldn't sell, but they let you go for that fact, which makes sense. The reason why I applied was – more... because I believed and lived by the no animal testing rule. I still continue to stand by it to this day. Working there put me off from buying anything, and even walking back in. I sooner realized none of the girls I worked with really admired me, and that's putting it lightly. The girls (or girl) I did get along with, upped and quit. To work for Lush means you have to be open to sell. Majorly. My natural introverted and tranquil self did not get along to that fact. I was a little hesitant to approach people who seemed to not want to be approached, and when I did, I figured out I was right in the end. I was pushed by my superiors to approach people who didn't want to be bothered. I had to rub strangers hands, and while during, I remained silent because of not knowing what to say. Awkward for me and them. Now, I know this job wasn't right for me, but if you know how to woo a customer, than this is the job for you. – less
An Addictive Company
Floor Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: the products; the opportunities to help the charities; the friendly work environment
Cons: a tad bit unprofessional for a new company; poor employee retention
I entered this job thinking it will be a part time position that will get me through college. My whole life changed. I wanted to be a part of this company.
The founders of Lush Cosmetics shared their passion with their employees which made it easier to share that passion with customers.
There was no guilt in sales. The back stories of the company are – more... wholesome and I would still be a part of the company if they had room to grow. – less
Highly enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Perth, SCTJuly 16, 2013
Lovely company to work for. Great values and beliefs.
Warm and friendly staff. An enjoyable working environment to work in.
An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
Manager (Current Employee), MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: a fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged, 50% off all products
A day in the life will include lots of interactions with staff and customers by providing them with the best customer service out there. We provide personalized customer interactions through product demos, treatments and consultations.

Motivating and leading our team to exceed last year’s sales numbers through the use of shop contests, trainings, and – more... meetings that inspire.

We share feedback with our team members constantly. Transparency is #1 in our shops, and we strive to create an open and honest atmosphere around development.

Managers are not only responsible for their shop's success, but also the success of their team members. We inspire our teams to grow within the company and develop our own managers in training to someday manage their own shops. – less
love my job
keyholder (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2013
i am apart of our management team our company is great and we get to meet new and all types of people everyday. lush has amazing morals and ethics and is all about fun and helping the environment
Fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Poole, ENGJune 11, 2013
Pros: free hot drinks
Cons: poor health and safety, harmful chemical contact.
A typical day at Lush would involve clocking in, setting up the machinery for the listed product queues, troubleshooting technical faults, managing a line of workers, shifting heavy loads.

I learnt a lot about physical limitations (what i'm capable and incapable of), I discovered a natural understanding for basic machinery and functionality.

The hardest – more... part of the job was managing the queue of products as orders came in, there was no garantee you would have the needed resources to produce what was needed within a days work, the management were incredibly unorganised and knew next to nothing about what was happening on the factory floor sadly making my job a lot harder.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people with their stories and life experiences being presented to you gradually through a days work, I met more than a handful of very memorable characters that helped me in many aspects of my time at Lush. – less
wonderful company
part time sales assistant (Former Employee), cardiffMay 12, 2013
Pros: really look after their staff, good discount
Cons: had to juggle hours with my degree
fantastic company to work for with a real concern for human and animal rights and environmental issues.
fun workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: working in a fun enviroment
Cons: catty co workers
working here was a blast, we get to talk about awesome products all day and giver facials and arm treats. The management is great but some of the girls are catty and dramatic. There was nothing hard about this job really, maybe just having to learn what each and every ingredient do. The most enjoyable part was the dance parties.
A new surprise every day, but always fun nonetheless
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee), SwindonJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: fun co-workers, optimistic atmosphere, 50% discount on products, good and paid training, flexible hours
Cons: not good for sensitive hands etc, dealing with potentially rude and unresponsive customers, no one-set job - everyone does everything as opposed to being assigned tasks.
A typical day at work would to be to clean the shop and make it look presentable (half an hour slot in the morning for this) before opening up to customers. Lush have a big policy that all customers must be spoken to, as many people enter the shop without having a clue with what they're looking at! Requires really good knowledge of their products, what – more... they do, and their ingredients, but after explaining it to many customers it begins to stick easily. There are several things to be done: Speak to and help customers, clean down sides, make sure all testing bowls have warm water, top-up products, visit the stock room to re-stock.

My social skills improved greatly and I learned how to create a balance between fun and professional - in Lush, you have to be professional enough to guarantee great service and to help the customers best, but you have to have quite a fun and bubbly personality to make the process a lot more enjoyable. It also includes giving demos to customers (for example trying out a cream on their hands or showing them how a bath bomb works in the tester) so you have to be quite open.

I'm sure it varies between store to store, but the co-workers were all like a very big (and accepting!) family. The management are all friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the job would have been during the busiest days (such as close to Christmas), as you must talk to every customer who enters as well as making sure the tester bowls are warm etc.

The most enjoyable part is the small competitions the management set up to encourage you to make bigger sales - competitive, but fun! – less
It's okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 27, 2012
Pros: fun work environment, decent pay
Cons: seasonal sux, not enough hours
It's a unique experience to work at LUSH. you learn so much about the products and the company. the management was okay overall but one or two co-workers were ratchet. the hardest part of the job was being a seasonal hire and them not being able to keep all their employees.
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NyDecember 15, 2012
A typical day at work for LUSH was always a sense of anticipation. Getting to know people who love LUSH products with enthusiasm was intriguing and fun. I learned that I do not have to sacrafice style and beauty for less. Management did their best to accomodate our needs and customers needs. My co workers were as involed as I was. We loved the products – more... and what it did for the enviornment and our lives. I cannot truly say there was a hard part pertaining to the job. The most enjoyable part was testing out each product for first time customers. – less
The value of Values
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MIAugust 16, 2012
Pros: amazing product
Cons: disorganization occurs easily on several levels
Lush is a HIGHLY culture oriented company, with many worthy things to credit to its name.

Any drawbacks would be considered on an individual basis from location to location. As with most environments the people make the place (or break it).

It is a respectable company, with a strong sense of self-identity.
Great Place to work with the right kind of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2012
Pros: easy advancement, great products
Cons: hours
Every day brings something new and exciting. Lush really lets you get to know your customers as people and you really be yourself here. If your intrested in learning alot of awesome and cool stuff about skincare, than this is the place. Your co-works are generally the nicest coolest people. The management is usually pretty cool but will depend on the – more... store. Each store has their own set of rules and standards. The hardest part of the job will be learning all the information that they give you about their products. But the most enjoyable part is the fun enviroment. – less
Lively place to be
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LutonJune 20, 2012
Pros: beautiful smells
Cons: early starts
i learnt many skills on how to approach customers and what to do in difficult situations. Overall my co-workers were delightful to be around as they made me feel welcome. But the most enjoyable part was to see a happy customer go away with a smile on their face.
Upbeat work environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2012
Very long days, with poor management. My main priorities were product knowledge - the products were amazing - and customer satisfaction.

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos