Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 June 2017
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
Productive place to work
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
I like everything about Lush. The work environment is a good place to work they have patients with their workers, and also they get along with different types of cultures.
family like work place, interractive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
Working here is great you really learn how to build personal customer relationships and people skills, hours however really vary to a lot or none at all. The job really helps you learn efficiency, and how to apply your product knowledge to each individual person and their needs.
Pros
great work environment, easy access to learning tools
Cons
hours vary a lot.
Good company, poor management
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK24 May 2017
Title says it all. The company compensates its employees fairly well, and there is a bonus incentive in place to drive sales, however management at my location was less than satisfactory. Poorly managed, leaving its workers demotivated and stressed.
Fun place to work with an amazing team
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC18 May 2017
I always enjoyed walking into work no matter what kind of day I had. Not only do you get to work as a team but you get to be part of this amazing family. If you're all about natural products, no animal cruelty and equity this the store for you.
The people and the products are amazing!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 May 2017
its an amazing place to be a part of !! the people coworkers and customers made each and every day special in its own way !! if I could have stayed there as my career I would have, its an amazing feeling working there.
Pros
sample products we get free!
Cons
so crowded, place has no place to sit for a minute to have breaks
interesting
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
the only real issue is getting into a full time core position. there is some nepotism in that building. If they like you they will move you around to different rooms
Excellent place to work for anyone
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 May 2017
I loved working at Lush. It was my favorite job so far. The atmosphere is so amazing because you get to meet all kinds of personalities and cultures that not many workplaces can offer. It brings people from all around the world into one place, all working in unison. Also, the management makes you feel very welcome, completely forgetting that they are actually your "boss". All in all, a very fun and friendly experience.
Pros
atmosphere, free products :), pay
Cons
long hours, flexibility
Horrible
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
Horrible, horrible, horrible management and human resource department.
Zero follow through of policies
Zero staff support
Floor leaders acted like high school bullies
Enjoyable work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
It's a fun working day everyday. There are opportunities to know how the product made, prepared and delivered to customer. Manager understand the needs of employee, create an enjoyable workplace and reward employee when reaching target.
Dont go there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, UK29 April 2017
Horrible working atmosphere, mean employees, management is very unprofessional. Was harassed constantly and micromanaged and physically assaulted by coworkers. not a nice place. Only good thing are the free samples , discount and customers.
Pros
free samples
Cons
bullying atmosphere
The good and the not so good
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Multiple28 April 2017
If you love Lush, you will love working there. BUT- there is definite pressure to make sales. This is easy if you are super into the products but this is not just a cashier job. You will be expected to know a lot about the company and products. The discount for working there is excellent because you are expected to try all of the products to recommend them in a way that suits customer needs. It's a fun part time job and there is room for advancement if you decide to make the company a priority over everything else in your life. I'd have stayed with the company for the rest of my life if it weren't for problems with management.
Best seasonal position I have ever held and fun to be a part time employee.
Pros
Fun workspace, great if you like the products or are interested in grassroots movements and natural cosmetics
Cons
Low pay for expectations, busy schedule, difficult to report management in case of issues, do not work on commission but expected to sell a lot, demanding expectations for product knowledge, you ned up working on your own time
Extremely fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
A typical day involves coming in early, planning out how raw products will be distributed, and from there perform cleaning duties, make a product, and teach new hires. The hardest part of the job is to reach quota which is not difficult. Everything else is great.
Pros
Vibrant work environment, ridiculously easy to get along with anyone here.
Cons
Long hours, Smell sticks on you, Can be tiring
Fun fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 April 2017
The job was pretty great, I worked in glitter a lot in the soap and massage department and basically spent the better part of the day doing arts and crafts with a bit of paper work and heavy lifting in between. The environment was fun, the people were great, and since we were a strong team we always got bonus which really made a huge difference when it came to paydays. Given the opportunity I'd go back, the only drawback was the job was seasonal.
Pros
Occasional staff lunches, chance for bonus, good work environment, 50% off discount, and free products
Cons
Very small chance to become core staff after the season
Great company to work for
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
Great company to work for! Wonderful culture and great work life balance. Competitive salary, and great opportunity to develop yourself. There are wonderful internal opportunities.
Amazing people
A sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC17 April 2017
The people were amazing, they would always be very understanding about anything you would be going through. The only complaint I had was the amount of time it took to get to work but that was a me issue, not a them issue.
Exciting and fresh place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2017
I loved working at LUSH over the Christmas months. I would have applied to stay on full time if i wasn't in school full time as well. What LUSH stands for and believes in is breathtaking and more people should be aware of all the amazing things this company does. Everyone is welcome and comfortable with each other.
I would say the hardest part for me was memorizing the product information. LUSH isn't just bath bombs, there are a lot of products, but once you can remember a few key ingredients and what they do for the skin its smooth sailing from there.
Pros
great environment
Cons
min. wage
Fun place to work, great bonus system, very family-like atmosphere amongst the sales staff and supervisers; *terrible* management
Holiday staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2017
Own your PK and be comfortable with your upselling techniques. Supervisors will give great feedback and be there to help you step-by-step through the process. However, do it for the money, for the products, and for the atmosphere generated when upper management (aka the manager) is not there. There are definite issues in that area that Lush has refused to address. Work there temporarily and at Christmas time to make some extra money. Would not recommend the Kingston location for a career.
Great interaction, not much opportunity
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 April 2017
With the job, everyone working there is extremely kind and easy going. As an employee, however, it was hard to see any sight of opportunity for advancement in terms of changing from FT to PT and vice versa. Also, the management truly seemed to have theirs eyes set on personality and social successes rather than capabilities when looking for new hires.
Loved working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Its pretty neat. Smells awesome! some friendly people there although there's been a lot of racism complaints, which is something they need to work on. i'm not talking about the obvious but just how others are treated.

It's stupid how they penalize you for not working when its obvious there's nothing left to do so you have to wonder around finding nothing to do like lost puppies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2