Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

a lot of fun but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC30 June 2017
i loved working at lush for the longest time but unfortunately management wasn't the best. i can't speak for all lush's but mine at least was full of drama! it's like my manager was straight out of highschool!

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE lush is honestly a great company and has great values. if you love connecting with people then lush is honestly the place for you. i loved every second with my clients.
if it wasn't for the management i would still be there doing what i loved most.
Pros
amazing clients
Cons
management
An enjoyably experience that has taught me about the importance of teamwork as well as time management.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 June 2017
A typical day at work would start off nice and slow with a meeting that would introduce any product or aisle changes, but become fast paced when picking products and fulfilling orders. I was taught how to pick ergonomically safe and to cooperate with the forklift drivers delivering products. The job can be difficult when the orders are huge (during major holidays), but it is nice to know that there is a team behind you to help when you feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Friendly staff, being called in if you need extra hours, and there is always something to do to prevent boredom and unproductivity
Cons
Unstable hours for seasonal staff due to products being in and out of demand on holidays
Best Job Ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2017
Great place to grow and learn new sales techniques, the company has great values, everyone is like family that works here, great way to meet new people and form a relationship with customers.
Fun, yet demanding and poor managment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC17 June 2017
A typical day is very demanding. Our staffing has not caught up with increased traffic, and it is always very busy. Customer service is the top priority, and they get above and beyond service from mostly dedicated staff.
I have learned a great deal about ingredients in products, how to be an amazing sales person, and how to work with a team and be an inspiring leader when there is absence of a manager.
Management is very poor. I have worked through three different managers and four MITs. Managers are absent on the floor, give useless feedback, and have trouble getting staff buy in. Two of the MITs have been amazing, however they were both let go, and the other two are incompetent and have been promoted to higher positions.
When there is no manager working, the atmosphere on the floor is happy, uplifted, fun, and focused on giving superior and tailored service to customers.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance work/life. The minimum availability is nowhere near "minimum", and trying to compromise/communicate with management is very difficult.
The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is interacting with staff and customers. Staff want to grow and learn, and helping them makes you feel great. Providing such in-depth service and consultations with customers is wonderful too, as they are usually very grateful and become repeat customers.
Pros
Great discount. inspiring and ethically-minded company.
Cons
Terrible management, lack of regional support.
good team leaders, only be careful to whome you choose
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
I enjoyed my time at lush manufacturer, I could come back if could. I did good teams and good team friendship. only in bubbles have to be careful about the teamleaders.
fun work place
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
i learned alot about soup and hand made products by lush. I learned alot about marketing and making your own product with its own following. Lush is a product i still use tilltoday
Overall amazing experience.
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 June 2017
I have no complaints about working for LUSH. it's so educational, with a great purpose. You can't help but fall head over heels with the products. With their naked packaging, and the amazing ingredients in each product. not to mention how they are all HANDMADE in Canada. Being cruelty free and doing extensive research into the products to make sure that they haven't been tested on animals. Those are some of the many reason why I loved working for lush.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, great people, good hours, great knowledge
Cons
none.
I loved working at LUSH so much! I was there for the Christmas position so it was hectic, but everyone was so loving and caring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
- Everyone wanted to make your time be the best that they could offer
- plenty of free (broken) bath bombs
- plenty of free snacks and free hugs
- everyone was super supportive
- as long as you stayed true to the customers, everything went smooth
- be prepared to massage people's hands, and give out a lot of free samples
Pros
Free vegan snacks i.e. popcorn, pizza, granola bars, juice boxes etc.
Cons
Very busy
fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 June 2017
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
Productive place to work
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
I like everything about Lush. The work environment is a good place to work they have patients with their workers, and also they get along with different types of cultures.
family like work place, interractive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
Working here is great you really learn how to build personal customer relationships and people skills, hours however really vary to a lot or none at all. The job really helps you learn efficiency, and how to apply your product knowledge to each individual person and their needs.
Pros
great work environment, easy access to learning tools
Cons
hours vary a lot.
Good company, poor management
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK24 May 2017
Title says it all. The company compensates its employees fairly well, and there is a bonus incentive in place to drive sales, however management at my location was less than satisfactory. Poorly managed, leaving its workers demotivated and stressed.
Fun place to work with an amazing team
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC18 May 2017
I always enjoyed walking into work no matter what kind of day I had. Not only do you get to work as a team but you get to be part of this amazing family. If you're all about natural products, no animal cruelty and equity this the store for you.
The people and the products are amazing!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 May 2017
its an amazing place to be a part of !! the people coworkers and customers made each and every day special in its own way !! if I could have stayed there as my career I would have, its an amazing feeling working there.
Pros
sample products we get free!
Cons
so crowded, place has no place to sit for a minute to have breaks
interesting
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
the only real issue is getting into a full time core position. there is some nepotism in that building. If they like you they will move you around to different rooms
Excellent place to work for anyone
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 May 2017
I loved working at Lush. It was my favorite job so far. The atmosphere is so amazing because you get to meet all kinds of personalities and cultures that not many workplaces can offer. It brings people from all around the world into one place, all working in unison. Also, the management makes you feel very welcome, completely forgetting that they are actually your "boss". All in all, a very fun and friendly experience.
Pros
atmosphere, free products :), pay
Cons
long hours, flexibility
Horrible
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
Horrible, horrible, horrible management and human resource department.
Zero follow through of policies
Zero staff support
Floor leaders acted like high school bullies
Enjoyable work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
It's a fun working day everyday. There are opportunities to know how the product made, prepared and delivered to customer. Manager understand the needs of employee, create an enjoyable workplace and reward employee when reaching target.
Dont go there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, UK29 April 2017
Horrible working atmosphere, mean employees, management is very unprofessional. Was harassed constantly and micromanaged and physically assaulted by coworkers. not a nice place. Only good thing are the free samples , discount and customers.
Pros
free samples
Cons
bullying atmosphere
The good and the not so good
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Multiple28 April 2017
If you love Lush, you will love working there. BUT- there is definite pressure to make sales. This is easy if you are super into the products but this is not just a cashier job. You will be expected to know a lot about the company and products. The discount for working there is excellent because you are expected to try all of the products to recommend them in a way that suits customer needs. It's a fun part time job and there is room for advancement if you decide to make the company a priority over everything else in your life. I'd have stayed with the company for the rest of my life if it weren't for problems with management.
Best seasonal position I have ever held and fun to be a part time employee.
Pros
Fun workspace, great if you like the products or are interested in grassroots movements and natural cosmetics
Cons
Low pay for expectations, busy schedule, difficult to report management in case of issues, do not work on commission but expected to sell a lot, demanding expectations for product knowledge, you ned up working on your own time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2