Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Taking care of our futures
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 18, 2014
A fast pace task oriented work environment. Day to day always changing always a new adventure.
Productive and great workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), EscondidoMarch 3, 2014
Greet and assist the customers, everyone in there is usually curious to what lush is and that's where you step in to give them product info, it was a lot to learn at first but training helps, my co-workers were friendly and the hardest part for me was trying to remember all the of ingredients in the products!
Low pay and not many opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: fun environment, inclusive/diverse culture
Cons: low compensation, poor employee retention, not much room for advancement
I worked here for a full year and was frequently told I was doing a great job and that there was little to nothing I could improve on, but was never given a raise and was not provided with any opportunities to move up. My co-workers experienced similar struggles, and most of us left because of it. Their employee retention is very low, and these are – more... some of the reasons why.

The management played favorites and promoted their friends rather than the loyal employees who worked hard. My store manager was motivated - but for the store to do well, she was required to put in WAY more than 40 hours a week... but not get paid for it.

The job itself was fun and the trainings were great. I would probably not choose to return. I was a huge fan of the company and their products before my employment there, but my experience put a bad taste in my mouth. – less
exciting busy place of work
Stock Controller and Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 17, 2014
a very visual job, the products are very colourful so need planning for colour placement so display design was crucial. My co workers were alway fun to work with making the time go fast and alway helping when needed.
Lush Cosmetics
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Poole, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
The above company are great to work for, everyone is nice to work with, it is just a nice place to work
Great energy and just good people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: awesome staff, pk was amazing, free lunches
Cons: none.
Awesome place to work, really enjoyed the friendships made and team work developed.
Upbeat, passionate company with environmental focus
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: lively workplace, great management, product discounts
Cons: long days on feet, large amount of product knowledge
I am so fortunate to have worked with Lush Cosmetics and look forward to returning to the company! The company's passion and values permeate to every component of their business model and directly into their shops.
Fun Quirky Positive Atmosphere
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2014
LUSH is a fun and positive company to work for. They focus on personal development a lot, and are much different than any other company. They set their employees up for success, all while providing a fun, upbeat work atmosphere.
Fun, ethical fantastic work place
Supervisor (Current Employee), redditchJanuary 16, 2014
Working with passionate people on a daily basis, meeting new customers and building a great customer base. I learned how to manage a team on my own, and being able to run the shop for a few days without my manager present. This included doing things such as: Cash handling, opening and closing of the shop, assisting my staff members, ensuring deadlines – more... and targets are met.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such a lovely team, and being able to interact with different people every day, learning new things and being challenged to do my best. – less
Lovely Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin,January 16, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on products
Cons: no time and a half for sunday work. very little paid in this respect for hard work.
A typical day started with the cleaned of the shop floor and bringing down the products that were fresh like facemasks which were kept in the fridge. This was done in the first half hour while the money was also being counted by another member of staff. Throughout the day displays were organised and even the shop window was changed every monday.
Mostly – more... the job was sales focused and these were driven by bonus schemes which meant earning 10% bonus through achieving targets.
We would often have mystery shoppers who would rate their experience so it was important for us to maintain a high standard of customer service also. Through the day I would be on the till or rearranging product or applying product to the customers skin and demoing our products so people could see the benefit of them. – less
Beautiful Experience, the knowledge and perspective you gain working with this company is unbelievable. Such a positive and genuine environment
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee), Universal City, CAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: gratis as always ! amazing beutiful products and so healthy.
Cons: you work with water. your hands tend to hurt from going hot to cold.
You get to live a different life per say working in this environment. Lush is such a luxurious place but so down to earth. i love the lush life style their products the way they help people change not just from bad toxin filled products to healthy ones but ultimately we get them thinking about their choices over all. i love it!
A great place to get your feet wet
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 31, 2013
Pros: 50% employee discount, product knowledge, customer service and retail experience
Cons: seasonal, minimal hours
Everyone is very bubbly, management is hands on and helpful. Lush culture is upbeat and positive. I loved all the product knowledge I took from it. Hardest part was leaving. Most enjoyable part were the perks and passing my useful knowledge to our guests and teaching them about their skin
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
lush was an amazing place to work wonderful people to amazing benefits
Fun workplace with really great trainings!
Floor Leader, Keyholder & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: work cultur/environment, extensive training, helping customers find what they needed.
Cons: working hours and shifts
A typical day at work: As the key holder, I'd arrive to the store an hour before opening hours to set up. Then, as the floor leader, I'd make a list of sales goals for the day, schedule lunch breaks, and create to sales contests for the day. Once the other employees arrived, Id brief them on the sales goals/contests. Throughout the day, I'd let the – more... other employees know where we are in sales every hour. Once the store was closed, Id clean up, close the registers, make a bank run to deposit the day's cash, then lock the doors.

What I learned: I gained an extreme amount of knowledge about skincare and hair care. I received in depth training about all the ingredients in the products. I also strengthened my skills as a leader and team player.

Management: My manager was very thorough when it came to keeping communication open and addressing the needs of everyone.

Coworker: I absolutely enjoyed working with my team. Everyone brought tons of enthusiasm and knowledge to work every day.

The hardest part of the job: The hardest part was trying not to drown our guests in too much product knowledge and energy because sometimes it could be overwhelming.

The most enjoyable part was gaining so much product knowledge and being able to work in a very team friendly environment. As well as being able to work independently when necessary. – less
A great and enjoyable job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great staff to work alongside with.
Working there from November to January I was given a range of tasks to complete and really furthered my knowledge and experience in the working environment. I mainly worked on customer services offering my help and assistance to those who required it as well as dealing with money being given the responsibility to cash in the tills, I was working in – more... a very fast paced environment under a lot of pressure but was a well trusted employee. Working there I have gained many positive skills which I can take away and continue to use in my career path and jobs in the foreseeable future.
I have spent – less
Fun workplace!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), SheffieldSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: staff discount on products
I would go in and help other members of staff organise the shop floor before opening times, after the shop had been opened for the day I would either be on the tills or helping out on the shop floor with, answering customers enquires and restocking products. After a busy day me and other employees would clean up the shop floor (general house cleaning)
If you are not a natrual seller, go elsewhere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: discount, samples, fighting animal testing.
Cons: sales
My month with working for Lush cosmetics had been mostly training. They review their products, teach you about every ingredient that is in it, and push their lingo so it's easier to sell. I'm not saying it wasn't an enlightening experience to figure out I couldn't sell, but they let you go for that fact, which makes sense. The reason why I applied was – more... because I believed and lived by the no animal testing rule. I still continue to stand by it to this day. Working there put me off from buying anything, and even walking back in. I sooner realized none of the girls I worked with really admired me, and that's putting it lightly. The girls (or girl) I did get along with, upped and quit. To work for Lush means you have to be open to sell. Majorly. My natural introverted and tranquil self did not get along to that fact. I was a little hesitant to approach people who seemed to not want to be approached, and when I did, I figured out I was right in the end. I was pushed by my superiors to approach people who didn't want to be bothered. I had to rub strangers hands, and while during, I remained silent because of not knowing what to say. Awkward for me and them. Now, I know this job wasn't right for me, but if you know how to woo a customer, than this is the job for you. – less
An Addictive Company
Floor Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: the products; the opportunities to help the charities; the friendly work environment
Cons: a tad bit unprofessional for a new company; poor employee retention
I entered this job thinking it will be a part time position that will get me through college. My whole life changed. I wanted to be a part of this company.
The founders of Lush Cosmetics shared their passion with their employees which made it easier to share that passion with customers.
There was no guilt in sales. The back stories of the company are – more... wholesome and I would still be a part of the company if they had room to grow. – less
Highly enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Perth, SCTJuly 16, 2013
Lovely company to work for. Great values and beliefs.
Warm and friendly staff. An enjoyable working environment to work in.
An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
Manager (Current Employee), MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: a fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged, 50% off all products
A day in the life will include lots of interactions with staff and customers by providing them with the best customer service out there. We provide personalized customer interactions through product demos, treatments and consultations.

Motivating and leading our team to exceed last year’s sales numbers through the use of shop contests, trainings, and – more... meetings that inspire.

We share feedback with our team members constantly. Transparency is #1 in our shops, and we strive to create an open and honest atmosphere around development.

Managers are not only responsible for their shop's success, but also the success of their team members. We inspire our teams to grow within the company and develop our own managers in training to someday manage their own shops. – less

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos