Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Employee experience wonderful, management satisfactory
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The atmosphere of the store was amazing - so welcoming, helpful, and uplifting. The management was minimal in terms of aiding seasonal personnel and nothing was determined and no one was informed properly about the process leaving the job at the end of the season.
Fun and nice place to work, We have a basket Ball play yard
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Lush is a fun place to work. All the workings are always happy and making happt soap.

The organisational atmosphere is really great and exiting. It is a place where your work is really appriciated.
An amazing environment, with even more amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday I was happy to go work. I would clock in, and then be "chatted in", so I would be told our goals and small details on the side. I would then be zoned in a certain part of the store and set my own personal goal. Every hour or two, we would be switched to a different zone, so it was always changing, it was never a dull moment. The customers are a big part of why I loved working there. They were always so polite and genuine. They were funny and very outgoing, even the ones who seemed a little shy at first. I think the vibe the employees at LUSH put out is what makes the customers comfortable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to adjust to the smell! It was a fairly easy job, being a people person I enjoy interacting with people. My management team was always super excited for each and every day. They were supportive and motivating. My co-workers were the same. I was treated like part of a family, and it was an amazing experience. I don't have a favourite, or most enjoyable part of the job because it was all so wonderful.
Pros
the employees, the environment, and the customers
Productive Workplace, Great leadership
Factory worker and Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment, as well as how to create products that are uniform. Great leadership, easy to talk to managers as well as co-workers, very understanding company that tries to teach its employees the proper way to complete tasks.
Pros
Fun, up-beat
Cons
Long hours of standing
One of the best places I've worked for
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
the day starts with a team meeting to discuss the production for the day, we are to reach the goal set my the supervisors. team leads for each line take there respected co-workers to start production on an item.
Love Lush
Gifty (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 4, 2015
They've been my favorite job so far.
Warm, friendly.
They understand the work/life balance and they pay good wages.
They accept all walks of life.
Also you smell wonderful when you leave their warehouse!
Pros
Very diverse
Great co-workers
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros
Its a great place to work - getting great challenge

Cons
The smell of the product will need alot of getting used to

Advice to Management
Better compensation
Manager in Training
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCNovember 5, 2015
- A great company to learn new and exciting skills.
- A very fun and upbeat atmosphere; great culture of development set in place.
- Interacting with amazing people every day
good benefits
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 2, 2015
BENEFITS ARE GOOD. SALARY IS ALSO GOOD BECAUSE THEY DO NOT START WITH MINIMUM WAGE. THEY HAVE VERY GOOD ETHICAL VALUES AS A COMPANY.
benefits
Cons
a little tiring
Fun workplace
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 31, 2015
This company is very busy during Christmas season, so they hire seasonal part time workers. It's like you won't notice the time while working. It's a fast-paced work environment. They use fresh fruits and vegetables on their products. Their products are not tested on animals. The management makes a way to motivate their workers to reach their quota each day like having an internal competition in each department and they give a reward which the manager divides equally to their full time and part time workers. I learned to massage, weigh, label the products, pack and wrap in the pallet. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Staff Sale, Free products sometimes
Cons
Need to attend their hiring fair even you work there before.
Productive work place and great team leads, co workers and manager
Order Picker, Packer and Shipper - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 12, 2015
Starting right away to reach our daily goal with everyone working as a team and constantly helping each other out. I have learned that hard-work in every industry is essential and the work load can easily be overcome with every employee's force and experience. The manager is very giving to his workers and treats everyone as a valuable as the company. The job was bearable, it could be very stressful when problems occur unexpectedly and could be very unpredictable. However, everything that happens in a days work makes it all worth it and gives a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Perfect management on break times, long hours
Cons
Long Hours
great incentives
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 10, 2015
this job offers great perks, and the possibleity for advancement. however, some times it is easy to get caught up in the hype of the company and not notice the propaganda. the is a great team environment if you have the right staff and management, however if that is missing the job becomes very stressful and demands a lot more then most retail workers have to offer.
Pros
great discount and wage
Cons
high stress
Productive workplace
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2015
Picking and packing orders
Working in a fast paced environment
Management and co-workers were very generous and helpful
The most spoiled you will ever be, but you need the energy
Floor Leader (Management) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMay 20, 2015
I could not speak highly enough of the job.

A typical day does require to be on point, one hundred percent, a hundred percent of the time. If you do not have the ability to balance your needs, you run the risk of burn-out.

With that said, for a retail job, here is complete transparency regarding moving up, setting a career path within lush, values and expectations. Management is active in assisting development and setting goals. This job is also very understanding that everyone else has personal needs and will work with you, openly, to balance the needs of the shop and personal time.

Again, this is a retail job. The wages are competitive but it is indicative of a retail job. This isn't against the company - it's simply the reality of maintaining life (rent, student loans... mainly student loans that cost more per month than insurance and a car payment and certainly leaves you no hope to save for an emergency fund because you know... life happens).

The benefits as full-time are exceptional and the personal gains are bar-none. No other job can you pamper yourself and another person. No other job is as transparent with their ingredients and their products and who they affiliate with. Most importantly, there is a culture of global awareness and impact and you will never walk away without feeling good. you may be exhausted or frustrated as to time limits, but you will always feels good about who you helped and how you helped.
Pros
ethical practices, conscious projects, opportunity to advance, challenging, ll the warm fuzzies, great co-workers
Cons
physical, mental excursion, run the risk of burn-out, high energy, requires being mindful every interaction
Great product, fun company, CARES for the people
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
-One of the best companies, if not the best company I've ever worked for.
-Extensive training for new shop managers
-Lots of amazing programs and systems in place to encourage staff development and advancement
-Managers are encouraged to take full ownership of their stores and embrace their entrepreneurial spirit
Fun, productive and active
Production Assistant (Seasonal Full-time) (Former Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, etobicoke, ON, CanadaMay 3, 2015
Fun place to work, meet different people from different culture and background but is not a good place if you are looking for a permanent position.
Pros
Fun
Cons
hard to advance
Fun work place, good people, meet a lot of interesting people.
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NSMarch 10, 2015
On a typical day I would show up, be given my tasks by my floor leader and sent on the floor. My tasks would consist of talking to customers, get them excited about our products, offer them demos or even to simply make them smile. That's what makes the job worth it is when the customers would be excited about our products an the back stories to them. I was very passionate about our products as well but I had a hard time retaining information and I feel like my employers gave me a hard time because of this. I also was sometimes anxious and needed to loosen up and sometimes my employers would make me feel worse about it. I wasn't treated like an equal to the rest of the seasonal staff, I hardly had any hours. But otherwise I had fun and I enjoyed my job. I learned to loosen up by the end of my contract.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsway MallFebruary 25, 2015
Lush Was an awesome place to work.! They are known for their tailored customer experience and to obtain this they treat their staff like family: creating a positive work environment which creates happy employees doing the best job ever. All the skills you gain from working at Lush will be useful later on in life: You will gain superb sales skills, your confidence will grow and you'll probably gain some awesome people skills which will benefit you for the rest of your life.
Pros
50% discount, free product, bonding time
productive, innovative and fun workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeFebruary 13, 2015
- you won’t find a better smelling factory other than Lush
- positive work environment and atmosphere
- lots of involvement with the community
- You get to wear whatever you want as long as it is black or white
- the training is impressive
- good treatment of staff
- good ethics
- managers are friendly
Pros
staff sale, 50% employee discount, time flexibility
Cons
long standing hours, extremely busy at times, incredibly strong perfumes and glitters and sparkles everywhere
fun place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  vancouverDecember 30, 2014
Managers are friendly and no stress about your work
No discrimination,flexible hours
Pros
free coffee, milk
Cons
seasonal

4.2