Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Stimulating and fun workplace!
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
great company
Visual Merchandiser, Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
LUSH treats staff very well, great environment and customer service. The energy is always high and positive in the shop.
Employee experience wonderful, management satisfactory
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 January 2016
The atmosphere of the store was amazing - so welcoming, helpful, and uplifting. The management was minimal in terms of aiding seasonal personnel and nothing was determined and no one was informed properly about the process leaving the job at the end of the season.
Great co-workers
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2015
Pros
Its a great place to work - getting great challenge

Cons
The smell of the product will need alot of getting used to

Advice to Management
Better compensation
Fast paced production and family like work enviroment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 February 2016
I would come in at 7am look at the production list for the day then go set up my table with molds and other things I need for the day, then I would start making bath bombs either by myself or with a small group.
I learned about products, work place safety and how to press bath bombs properly.

The management wasn't present on the floor nor did they talk with temps unless they were a superstar at their job. The floor supervisors however were great though and helped everyone out if they needed it.
The hardest part of that job was standing in one place for hours and pressing bombs all day on your own. It has earned the spot of the most physically demanding job I've had.

Even though this was a tough job the best parts were the amazing people; everyone was friendly, we all helped each other and worked as a team all the time. Also the pure satisfaction of completing your daily task and looking over the sheer amount of product you and your co-workers created, "good job!" and high fives all around.
Pros
occasional free lunches, %50 at stores, staff boxes full of merchandise for new launches, frequent damaged products to take home, free fair-trade coffee, 1 hour break/30min paid 30 unpaid, working with some really great and weird people!
Cons
Seasonal/temp, cleaning ladies throw out your lunch, standing in place for long periods of time, high risk of repetitive movement injury. management isn't great, low chance of being hired perminantly
Productive Workplace, Great leadership
Factory worker and Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment, as well as how to create products that are uniform. Great leadership, easy to talk to managers as well as co-workers, very understanding company that tries to teach its employees the proper way to complete tasks.
Pros
Fun, up-beat
Cons
Long hours of standing
great incentives
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 August 2015
this job offers great perks, and the possibleity for advancement. however, some times it is easy to get caught up in the hype of the company and not notice the propaganda. the is a great team environment if you have the right staff and management, however if that is missing the job becomes very stressful and demands a lot more then most retail workers have to offer.
Pros
great discount and wage
Cons
high stress
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
Daily routine; check in with floor leader, learn about the store goal, make a personal goal, come up with strategies to meet such goals; sell sell sell, demo demo demo, check out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers had their favorites
Fun workplace
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2015
This company is very busy during Christmas season, so they hire seasonal part time workers. It's like you won't notice the time while working. It's a fast-paced work environment. They use fresh fruits and vegetables on their products. Their products are not tested on animals. The management makes a way to motivate their workers to reach their quota each day like having an internal competition in each department and they give a reward which the manager divides equally to their full time and part time workers. I learned to massage, weigh, label the products, pack and wrap in the pallet. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
Staff Sale, Free products sometimes
Cons
Need to attend their hiring fair even you work there before.
The most spoiled you will ever be, but you need the energy
Floor Leader (Management) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta20 May 2015
I could not speak highly enough of the job.

A typical day does require to be on point, one hundred percent, a hundred percent of the time. If you do not have the ability to balance your needs, you run the risk of burn-out.

With that said, for a retail job, here is complete transparency regarding moving up, setting a career path within lush, values and expectations. Management is active in assisting development and setting goals. This job is also very understanding that everyone else has personal needs and will work with you, openly, to balance the needs of the shop and personal time.

Again, this is a retail job. The wages are competitive but it is indicative of a retail job. This isn't against the company - it's simply the reality of maintaining life (rent, student loans... mainly student loans that cost more per month than insurance and a car payment and certainly leaves you no hope to save for an emergency fund because you know... life happens).

The benefits as full-time are exceptional and the personal gains are bar-none. No other job can you pamper yourself and another person. No other job is as transparent with their ingredients and their products and who they affiliate with. Most importantly, there is a culture of global awareness and impact and you will never walk away without feeling good. you may be exhausted or frustrated as to time limits, but you will always feels good about who you helped and how you helped.
Pros
ethical practices, conscious projects, opportunity to advance, challenging, ll the warm fuzzies, great co-workers
Cons
physical, mental excursion, run the risk of burn-out, high energy, requires being mindful every interaction
Fun Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
A great company that holds true to it's morals and values. I recommend this job to students and anyone who is looking to work while also gaining life long friendships.
Love Lush
Gifty (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2015
They've been my favorite job so far.
Warm, friendly.
They understand the work/life balance and they pay good wages.
They accept all walks of life.
Also you smell wonderful when you leave their warehouse!
Pros
Very diverse
Nothing great about it.
Production Assistant/Gift Wrapper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
I hated working at LUSH, The warehouse not the retail store. On my feet for 8 hours a day standing in one spot and not moving. Very little movement to walk around. Lost of non English speakers made the job difficult to do. Will never work there again
Manager in Training
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC5 November 2015
- A great company to learn new and exciting skills.
- A very fun and upbeat atmosphere; great culture of development set in place.
- Interacting with amazing people every day
Fun and nice place to work, We have a basket Ball play yard
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 January 2016
Lush is a fun place to work. All the workings are always happy and making happt soap.

The organisational atmosphere is really great and exiting. It is a place where your work is really appriciated.
Great experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2016
It was the best retail experience I have ever had.
The customers are great
Guide customers to the right product
Coworkers made you feel like family.
Great people, fun job, fun product
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2014
LUSH employees will tell you that they have fun at work. They are not lying. I've only worked there for a month as a temp but it was the best month of work in my life. Management really goes out of their way to make the employees feel comfortable at work and the atmosphere is very fun.
Pros
Company events like bowling and free lunches
Cons
low salary but its worth it
Horrible employer, great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsway Lush25 October 2014
As much as I love lush and their products, they are a terrible employer. The workplace atmosphere and how the store is run is completely corrupt. There is no district manager or assistant manager, so you have only your boss to report too, also meaning one person is left in charge of all the hiring and firing, what if you're boss is the one gossiping or being rude, who do you talk too then?? That's exactly what happened to me so this should probably be addressed. I was fired/walked out based on the opinion of what one or two people had said about me in a staff of 25+ people. Regardless of the fact that I had made really good connections with other staff, and my boss and I had a great relationship she took another employees word over mine and didn't care to hear what I had to say, her mind was made up by what that one or two people had said.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Pressured to sell, cliquey staff, no hierarchy
One of the best places I've worked for
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2015
the day starts with a team meeting to discuss the production for the day, we are to reach the goal set my the supervisors. team leads for each line take there respected co-workers to start production on an item.
good benefits
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 September 2015
BENEFITS ARE GOOD. SALARY IS ALSO GOOD BECAUSE THEY DO NOT START WITH MINIMUM WAGE. THEY HAVE VERY GOOD ETHICAL VALUES AS A COMPANY.
benefits
Cons
a little tiring

4.3