Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

BEST company to work for
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT BUBBLES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Everything about this company is amazing from the management, coworkers, environment, products.

the management team is always friendly and super approachable. the coworkers are great team to work with and make your day a great one. smelling like lush everyday is a job perk. the pay is also great, bonuses are awesome! just a happy awesome place to work at
Pros
smelling like LUSH everyday
Cons
sometimes the glitter takes over your look
Great Place for Candidates who wish to grow with Company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 November 2016
Been at LUSH for over 6.5 years and the company has given me so many opportunities to grow and flourish. They're willing to take a chance on young professionals and willing to develop them throughout the process. It's a fun environment with great people. Very hard to find those things in other work places. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Bonus Pay, Fun Environment
Cons
Xmas Season very hectic
Believe the Hype!
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Definitely a Company I've been dreaming of since I got into the employment world. I love what this company stands for / believes in , which is the betterment of the earth all while making sure people feel , and look good doing it. It really is true about " happy people making happy Soap" . especially when Management is all about making sure their employees are taken care of .
Pros
working for an ethical company
Cons
slow for advancement
Amazing and best manufacturing.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2017
A very fun workplace,great people,good management and amazing place.Working in Lush is a great pleasure and great opportunity.I like the way they manage,the way they handle people..the team leaders are all cool..great and fun.I enjoy the most when we are making snow angel..glittering products and pouring..Team works is fun,my co-workers are great people.
its was great with great and friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
very tiring
I learned how to coordinate with other members
management is not that strict but it wasn't to the point that we can do what we want
my co-workers always sets the mood up
the hardest part is carrying heavy stuff
the most enjoyable part of the job is working and meeting new people
Pros
we're having 2 breaks
Cons
Productive, fun and very interesting
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 November 2016
I go to work by 7am get done by 2pm, I assist in the production of the soap and design them and all. It is very engaging as you need to spend time making the best out of the bath bombs. It is because it is hand freshly made you might need to be fast so as to finish it quickly and produce enough for the day
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Over time if you choose
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
The co-workers are amazing people. The staff at lush are very friendly and accepting. A typical day at Lush would be chat-in with the floor manager then go out onto floor. By the end of the shift they would have a chat-out. During the chats they asked how your day was and what goals you have for your shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
Fast paced ethical company, fair trade, and sustainable
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 November 2016
Lush is an amazing brand with an amazing core value system. I appreciate their ethics and that they are a campaigning company. Passion for the environment, human rights and animal welfare really helps you to appreciate the Lush vibe.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Would not wish to discuss
Easy going place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2017
You can actually be yourself. The discount is great and the products are amazing. This company is the most transparent company I have worked for, there is nothing slimy about them
Pros
Shifts were fun, discount was amazing, you can be yourself
Cons
Sort of exhausting, especially when it gets busy
fun place productive good management always hit out targets.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
I enjoy working here at lush it a great places to work very fun place to work especially when we made the products like the soaps,scrubs. The people are awesome very friendly.
Pros
bonuses when we hit our target
Cons
One of the best jobs I've had
Calgary - Senior key holder, manager in training (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
I worked here in my last year of high school. The management believed in me and invested so much time and knowledge to help me grow as and employee. If i could work at a lush again, I definitely would. I left for University, and I miss lush everyday.
Pros
People!!
Great place to work if the upper management like you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
Lush is a wonderful company and its values are incredible. If thr upper management stood by those same values if would be an amazing place to work. The structure is terrible and upper management are so tight that it borders on unprofessional. It was a really disappointing experience.
Pros
Great product and great discounts
Cons
Unprofessional and catty upper management
DISTRO was a blast
Distribution - Shipper/Receiver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 January 2017
Although I worked overnights with Distro, Lush was the most amazing warehouse position I've worked amongst all other warehouse jobs. Team environment was great and uplifting, always had good laughs. Management always took care of their employees!
Great company with fantastic co workers and even better management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
i worked as a production assistant at lush for a month and the daily tasks were as follows.
set up a table with one of the products that need to be un molded or packaged. we would work in groups of 3-5 people and spend the first hour or 2 working on that.
then we would be assigned to help make a certain product in the afternoon which involves pouring the liquid state of soaps/oils into containers.
the co workers i had were the best part of the job. very diverse but welcoming and friendly. I never felt out of place or had confusions about what i needed to do.
management is unlike any other. you can talk to them on a person to person basis and were very flexible with hours, time off, etc.
Pros
diverse workplace, management, co workers, good hours
Cons
lot of standing, physically demanding
Hardwork and fun
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Worked in different departments and bubbles is the most fun and they promote team work. As for Ballistic department, the supervisor always finds something to complain about even when the productivity of the products is at 100%
Pros
Free Bath Bombs
Cons
Hardwork
Amazing co-workers, great training, still a "mall" job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 July 2016
Working for Lush was an experience. The training is extremely in depth and very comprehensive. My co-workers were the coolest people I've met and I'm still friends with some of them. It is a typical 'mall' job - high staff turnover, skipped breaks. But they do a really good job at making it seem worth it.

They do try to promote from within, but it often doesn't work out that way. That said, the sales training and soft skills learned are phenomenal and the discount on products is unreal, so all and all I recommend it.
Pros
Seriously awesome discount, Really fun coworkers
Cons
Typical "mall" retail position.
Great company to work for
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Part-time staff are always uplifting. However, the full-time floor leaders were very harsh in the way they spoke to part-time workers.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Overly-stern floor leaders
Very nice work place with beautiful rest area
Seasonal Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2016
Easy job
Perfect timetable for student
Great benefit
Friendly worker
Interesting job and lots of fun
Amazing and beautiful products
Pros
Free foods sometimes
Cons
Stand for long time
Best company to work for
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 January 2017
From the company's values to the environment in the shop, it makes working in retail so easy! Every day you are continuously inspired to do your best!
Pros
Environment
Cons
No benefits
I had a blast working for lush
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 June 2016
When I worked at lush for the christmas season i had a great time, there was always fun events going on in the factory and the work enviroment was always fast paced and fun. Managers always were there to help and assist you when you needed an extra hand. I learned a lot about team work and essential oils and fruits the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet for long periods of time but they had stress mats (those mats you stand on like rubber ones).

I would work for lush again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Work events and community events
Cons
Standing for long hours

4.3