Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Good Seasonal
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2017
The work environment is very product and sales oriented, managers are very uptight and want you to sell sell sell! sometimes you have to be fake and make these fake connections + bonds to just sell. Basically you get paid to be a good person. Too materialistic and money focused.
Pros
Free lush stuff, 50% off items
Cons
Bad work environment, Overly strict rules
I provided my feedback
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
I provided my feedback to Lush Cosmetics during the employee feedback survey and don't think it's necessary to be forced to provide a written review by Indeed. The star system provides a good enough rating system without the needless character count minimum.
Pros
socially responsible, 50% product discount, great benefits (match canada mat leave for MITs and above based on seniority)
Cons
Lack of infrastructure/manager support. Often felt like I was on my own/ignored.
Very diverse staff personalities
Skin Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
Working for Lush was a fun and positive opportunity. The diverse- personality staff was awesome - the staff, as well as management, is very accepting. Pleasure to work there.
Pros
Discounts, free products, positivity
Cons
minimum wage
i love lush but this warehouse changed my mind
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 September 2017
when you think of lush and its brand and company, you think they are fair to the employees etc.
but during my short time here doing packing during the seasonal period i was not happy to see what lush was really like.
they fired people on the spot cuz some of them were a little older (40 to 50) cuz " they couldn't keep up" but they were fine
the place is soo hot you will be sweating buckets.
some of the older staff are soo rude and stuck up, will talk down to you and make you temps clean up their work area and get on your knees under the fire stove to clean up their mess.

this is not a fun place to work.
Pros
mon to friday, early start and finish, free products
Cons
management, they over work you, way too hot.
Fun, people-oriented company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 September 2017
Day to day was hectic and busy, every day brings a new challenge, love the products, less structured of a company, fun, slow culture, hardest part of the job is how much needed to be done day to day given the culture, playing with the products was the most fun!
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Lots of travel
Fun and creative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
The training is incredible, you will never forget what you are taught. Great customers and great people to work with. I loved just having fun at work.
Fun place to work
Floor Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2017
LUSH is a really fun place to work. The company and staff are always warm and welcoming. Training took place throughout the year to keep staff up to date
Fun Supportive Work Environment
Labour Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2017
Very open workplace, love new ideas and individualism. Supportive managers. Look after their employees and have great charitable causes. Really enjoyed working here.
Fun and educational place to work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2017
Staff was very accepting and kind. Everyone smiled and was always given a helping hand when needed. It was like being apart of a tight knit family. Only stayed seasonal but was a great experience
Pros
Great smelling prodects
Cons
Too much products to remember in a short time
A warm and welcoming job with excellent training
Sales Ambassador and Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 August 2017
Extremely warm and welcoming environment. Amazingly thorough training. The first job I've ever had where I love going to work every day. Only con is the low pay.
Not your average factory job
Ballistics Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2017
It's difficult to consider Lush Manufacturing in terms of a "factory" due to the lack of machines used in daily processes. Everything is hands on which I found to be quite engaging. Even the most difficult of bath bombs left a sense of accomplishment when I finished them just right.
The management also has a tendency to work on the floor with you and still enjoy doing exactly what got them into the company in the first place: handmade and environmentally and socially positive products.

I worked crunch time though for the holiday season but there was never a true sense of urgency or time frustration. It was fun to challenge myself and my team to reach quotas by designing new setups that improved efficiency but never reduced quality.

I would love to work at Lush Manufacturing again to continue improving these skills and learn more about what the company has on offer for me and other employees.
Pros
positive feedback, teamwork, work events, friendly competition, stretching breaks
Cons
long hours standing
Great work atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, UK2 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for LUSH, UK.
The work environment was particularly enjoyable with like minded, similar aged mainly girls employed. However this may lead to question their equal opportunities policy. i'd say that ~80% of staff were white girls in their early 20s.

Issues with staffing include, short shifts of only 5 hours at a time. And overtime being given unfairly to "favourite" members of staff.
Job security was an issue
SEASONAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
As a seasonal employee we would be let go and rehired several times without notice. They dangled permanent employment in front of us as an attainable goal, but in the end, their actions rarely matched their promises.
Pros
free coffee, friendly co-workers, fun job
Great people and company to work with! If your looking for a job to start with work with us in Lush
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 July 2017
working with Lush is the best thing happen to me. I was new here in Canada and I got hired 1 week after I got here. Started working as a temp and after 4 months I got hire full time. I was a shipper and moved up to different position in the company. So if you are ready for new challenges, work with Lush! :)
Productive and fun
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke.18 July 2017
Very good environment, good people. Very productive and fun. One of the best company to work for. Very safe. A very happy workplace people are always eager to work.
AMAZING Job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2017
Ive never worked in an environment quite like Lush , such a friendly and uplifting group of staff. Constructive criticism was always great , and I always felt apart of them team !
Amazing!
Seasonal Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 July 2017
At Lush, they train you on product knowledge and what ingredients are in each product as well as what products work for each skin and/or hair type. The management and everyone who works at lush are friendly and outgoing! Ultimately lush is a place where people want you to be yourself and provide an amazing customer experience!
Pros
Everything honestly
a lot of fun but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC30 June 2017
i loved working at lush for the longest time but unfortunately management wasn't the best. i can't speak for all lush's but mine at least was full of drama! it's like my manager was straight out of highschool!

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE lush is honestly a great company and has great values. if you love connecting with people then lush is honestly the place for you. i loved every second with my clients.
if it wasn't for the management i would still be there doing what i loved most.
Pros
amazing clients
Cons
management
Environnement de travail agréable
Employé saisonnier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 June 2017
L'ambiance est superbe, les autres employés sont super gentils!
Pros
Rabais employé
An enjoyably experience that has taught me about the importance of teamwork as well as time management.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 June 2017
A typical day at work would start off nice and slow with a meeting that would introduce any product or aisle changes, but become fast paced when picking products and fulfilling orders. I was taught how to pick ergonomically safe and to cooperate with the forklift drivers delivering products. The job can be difficult when the orders are huge (during major holidays), but it is nice to know that there is a team behind you to help when you feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Friendly staff, being called in if you need extra hours, and there is always something to do to prevent boredom and unproductivity
Cons
Unstable hours for seasonal staff due to products being in and out of demand on holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2