Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Great Place for Candidates who wish to grow with Company
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 November 2016
Been at LUSH for over 6.5 years and the company has given me so many opportunities to grow and flourish. They're willing to take a chance on young professionals and willing to develop them throughout the process. It's a fun environment with great people. Very hard to find those things in other work places. Would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Bonus Pay, Fun Environment
Cons
Xmas Season very hectic
overall great experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  justland6 February 2017
diverse work environment
helpful co workers
great benefits
manager was very compassionate and understanding
i learned alot about sales and marketing and
i learned alot about ethical campaigning and vegan cosmetic products
Pros
free Starbucks and free staff lunches
Cons
long hrs of standing
Best company to work for
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 January 2017
From the company's values to the environment in the shop, it makes working in retail so easy! Every day you are continuously inspired to do your best!
Pros
Environment
Cons
No benefits
Believe the Hype!
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Definitely a Company I've been dreaming of since I got into the employment world. I love what this company stands for / believes in , which is the betterment of the earth all while making sure people feel , and look good doing it. It really is true about " happy people making happy Soap" . especially when Management is all about making sure their employees are taken care of .
Pros
working for an ethical company
Cons
slow for advancement
its was great with great and friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
very tiring
I learned how to coordinate with other members
management is not that strict but it wasn't to the point that we can do what we want
my co-workers always sets the mood up
the hardest part is carrying heavy stuff
the most enjoyable part of the job is working and meeting new people
Pros
we're having 2 breaks
Great Management and Easy going work place
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 February 2017
Work included long hours of standing, and constant interaction with customers. Management was kind yet firm when needed. The most enjoyable part of work was the people I would interact with everyday.
BEST company to work for
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT BUBBLES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Everything about this company is amazing from the management, coworkers, environment, products.

the management team is always friendly and super approachable. the coworkers are great team to work with and make your day a great one. smelling like lush everyday is a job perk. the pay is also great, bonuses are awesome! just a happy awesome place to work at
Pros
smelling like LUSH everyday
Cons
sometimes the glitter takes over your look
Fun, upbeat, playfull, productive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 February 2017
A typical day at work was fun, upbeat, playfull, and productive.
I've learned how to multi sell and also knowing different natural ingredients and effects on skin.
The management was amazing we received training when ever needed, had weekly meetings regarding the store and also received daily sell goals.
The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere and the how the staff were very friendly with each other and it friendly very fun to go to work everyday.
Amazing and best manufacturing.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2017
A very fun workplace,great people,good management and amazing place.Working in Lush is a great pleasure and great opportunity.I like the way they manage,the way they handle people..the team leaders are all cool..great and fun.I enjoy the most when we are making snow angel..glittering products and pouring..Team works is fun,my co-workers are great people.
"Happy people make happy soap"
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2016
"Happy people make happy soap" is one of Lush's oft used catch phrases. But it's one they authentically live by. Although I was there as a seasonal hire, and my position with them was just three months, it was very impactful. They seem to genuinely care for their employees, at every level in their company. They show this in concrete ways, by giving financial bonuses, having great amenities (like a free starbucks machine in the large break room), giving permanent employees full benefits, giving out tons of free product, throwing one heck of a christmas party, putting on events that often benefit the community for all employees to participate in... You get the idea. They also show they care in the way they interact with you on a daily basis. The management is engaged, approachable, communicative and positive. Although it's a huge company, everyone seems to be valued. The area I worked in was called "Bubbles" and we manufactured mostly bubble bars start to finish; from making the mix to packing it up. The actually work itself is very fun, although you do have to work quickly at times. Thanks mostly to the good vibes, this is usually exciting and makes the day go by very quickly (by "day" I mean 3:00-11:30 as they have three shifts of people working around the clock during the christmas season, and I was on the afternoon shift). I would definitely work for them again, and I would recommend anyone to work for them as well. If all companies as successful as Lush operated they way they do, the world would be a better place.
fun place productive good management always hit out targets.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
I enjoy working here at lush it a great places to work very fun place to work especially when we made the products like the soaps,scrubs. The people are awesome very friendly.
Pros
bonuses when we hit our target
Cons
Great company with fantastic co workers and even better management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
i worked as a production assistant at lush for a month and the daily tasks were as follows.
set up a table with one of the products that need to be un molded or packaged. we would work in groups of 3-5 people and spend the first hour or 2 working on that.
then we would be assigned to help make a certain product in the afternoon which involves pouring the liquid state of soaps/oils into containers.
the co workers i had were the best part of the job. very diverse but welcoming and friendly. I never felt out of place or had confusions about what i needed to do.
management is unlike any other. you can talk to them on a person to person basis and were very flexible with hours, time off, etc.
Pros
diverse workplace, management, co workers, good hours
Cons
lot of standing, physically demanding
DISTRO was a blast
Distribution - Shipper/Receiver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 January 2017
Although I worked overnights with Distro, Lush was the most amazing warehouse position I've worked amongst all other warehouse jobs. Team environment was great and uplifting, always had good laughs. Management always took care of their employees!
Good company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2016
This is the best place i ever worked and learned a lot as it was my first job ever. Good people and benefits provided my the company.
happy fun work place
Lush Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2016
work life balance, family like community
wiling to teach each person new things
unfortunately not very much room for opportunity
poor managment
One of the best jobs I've had
Calgary - Senior key holder, manager in training (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2016
I worked here in my last year of high school. The management believed in me and invested so much time and knowledge to help me grow as and employee. If i could work at a lush again, I definitely would. I left for University, and I miss lush everyday.
Pros
People!!
Productive and exciting workplace with a family-like vibe.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jutland Rd.12 January 2017
Working at Lush was a valuable experience. There is always something productive to do and whether you work in manufacturing, distribution or retail, knowing that you took part in creating beautiful, organic, handmade products that will make customers very happy in turn makes you happy. Those who work at Lush are generally kind and creative people who don't shy from sparking a conversation about the beautiful glitter all over the place or the newest bath bombs. With great co-workers who share a goal of good quality and a safe and happy work environment, Lush is easily a place you won't mind working over-time for. The supervisors are approachable, down to earth individuals who are always able to provide the appropriate assistance when needed, and they always have a smile on their face, even under pressure. As long as you are willing to work under pressure and can adjust to plans changing often, I highly recommend applying to work at Lush. Especially if you desire to work somewhere that you can also consider a second home.
Pros
Free products, long-time friendships, lots of bonuses especially during seasonal months
Cons
The floors are slippery in the manufacturing building, plans change in the blink of an eye
Great company, wonderful people.
Green Officer/Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
Such a fun place to work. Ethical and always providing areas to improve and move up in the company. I liked the values of this company. I worked in manufacturing and I was injured so I decided to go back to school but I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked for.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
The co-workers are amazing people. The staff at lush are very friendly and accepting. A typical day at Lush would be chat-in with the floor manager then go out onto floor. By the end of the shift they would have a chat-out. During the chats they asked how your day was and what goals you have for your shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough shifts
I had a blast working for lush
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 June 2016
When I worked at lush for the christmas season i had a great time, there was always fun events going on in the factory and the work enviroment was always fast paced and fun. Managers always were there to help and assist you when you needed an extra hand. I learned a lot about team work and essential oils and fruits the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet for long periods of time but they had stress mats (those mats you stand on like rubber ones).

I would work for lush again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Work events and community events
Cons
Standing for long hours

4.3