Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews in Canada

Very positive staff interactions, wonderful product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
I adored working at LUSH. As a sales associate during the winter holiday season, I was expected to know a lot about the company and product, and help meet customers' needs accordingly. I learned a lot about customer service, and also about the various topical uses of miscellaneous plants. The managers were exceptionally well trained, and very supportive. My coworkers were many and I didn't get to know a lot of them very well, just because there were over 60 of us and I rarely worked with the same person more than three times, but they were all very friendly. I think the hardest part of this job was how emotionally draining it could be. There is a lot of emotional labour required in customer service and at times it could be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a product that I believed in, and for a company that treated every person in it as, well, people. The discount was pretty awesome, too.
Pros
Superb management
Cons
Very physically and emotionally demanding
Fun relaxed workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2016
Easy-going staff and management, this is usually a good thing, although can be lacking if you actually need something from them. Lots of variety to avoid getting too repetitive. Perks for full time employees such as paid transit and opportunities for courses, travel etc.
Stimulating and fun workplace!
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
Life at Lush
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work involved getting a debriefing as to what the goal for the team was. I learned a lot about myself, and that I have a passion for helping people, world class understanding that helped with the interpersonal connection I established with each customer and team member. Management was clear, providing my co-workers and I responsibilities that applied to our strengths while helping with our weaknesses. The hardest part about the job was the realization that I was only apart of the seasonal team and my days were numbered. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say would have to be the fact that I fundamentally get to make people happy, spread product and company awareness, feel better about themselves and overall have a great time during their visit.
Employee experience wonderful, management satisfactory
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The atmosphere of the store was amazing - so welcoming, helpful, and uplifting. The management was minimal in terms of aiding seasonal personnel and nothing was determined and no one was informed properly about the process leaving the job at the end of the season.
Productive Workplace, Great leadership
Factory worker and Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment, as well as how to create products that are uniform. Great leadership, easy to talk to managers as well as co-workers, very understanding company that tries to teach its employees the proper way to complete tasks.
Pros
Fun, up-beat
Cons
Long hours of standing
Love Lush
Gifty (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 4, 2015
They've been my favorite job so far.
Warm, friendly.
They understand the work/life balance and they pay good wages.
They accept all walks of life.
Also you smell wonderful when you leave their warehouse!
Pros
Very diverse
Great co-workers
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros
Its a great place to work - getting great challenge

Cons
The smell of the product will need alot of getting used to

Advice to Management
Better compensation
good benefits
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 2, 2015
BENEFITS ARE GOOD. SALARY IS ALSO GOOD BECAUSE THEY DO NOT START WITH MINIMUM WAGE. THEY HAVE VERY GOOD ETHICAL VALUES AS A COMPANY.
benefits
Cons
a little tiring
Productive work place and great team leads, co workers and manager
Order Picker, Packer and Shipper - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 12, 2015
Starting right away to reach our daily goal with everyone working as a team and constantly helping each other out. I have learned that hard-work in every industry is essential and the work load can easily be overcome with every employee's force and experience. The manager is very giving to his workers and treats everyone as a valuable as the company. The job was bearable, it could be very stressful when problems occur unexpectedly and could be very unpredictable. However, everything that happens in a days work makes it all worth it and gives a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Perfect management on break times, long hours
Cons
Long Hours
Productive workplace
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2015
Picking and packing orders
Working in a fast paced environment
Management and co-workers were very generous and helpful
The most spoiled you will ever be, but you need the energy
Floor Leader (Management) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMay 20, 2015
I could not speak highly enough of the job.

A typical day does require to be on point, one hundred percent, a hundred percent of the time. If you do not have the ability to balance your needs, you run the risk of burn-out.

With that said, for a retail job, here is complete transparency regarding moving up, setting a career path within lush, values and expectations. Management is active in assisting development and setting goals. This job is also very understanding that everyone else has personal needs and will work with you, openly, to balance the needs of the shop and personal time.

Again, this is a retail job. The wages are competitive but it is indicative of a retail job. This isn't against the company - it's simply the reality of maintaining life (rent, student loans... mainly student loans that cost more per month than insurance and a car payment and certainly leaves you no hope to save for an emergency fund because you know... life happens).

The benefits as full-time are exceptional and the personal gains are bar-none. No other job can you pamper yourself and another person. No other job is as transparent with their ingredients and their products and who they affiliate with. Most importantly, there is a culture of global awareness and impact and you will never walk away without feeling good. you may be exhausted or frustrated as to time limits, but you will always feels good about who you helped and how you helped.
Pros
ethical practices, conscious projects, opportunity to advance, challenging, ll the warm fuzzies, great co-workers
Cons
physical, mental excursion, run the risk of burn-out, high energy, requires being mindful every interaction
Great product, fun company, CARES for the people
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
-One of the best companies, if not the best company I've ever worked for.
-Extensive training for new shop managers
-Lots of amazing programs and systems in place to encourage staff development and advancement
-Managers are encouraged to take full ownership of their stores and embrace their entrepreneurial spirit
Fun work place, good people, meet a lot of interesting people.
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NSMarch 10, 2015
On a typical day I would show up, be given my tasks by my floor leader and sent on the floor. My tasks would consist of talking to customers, get them excited about our products, offer them demos or even to simply make them smile. That's what makes the job worth it is when the customers would be excited about our products an the back stories to them. I was very passionate about our products as well but I had a hard time retaining information and I feel like my employers gave me a hard time because of this. I also was sometimes anxious and needed to loosen up and sometimes my employers would make me feel worse about it. I wasn't treated like an equal to the rest of the seasonal staff, I hardly had any hours. But otherwise I had fun and I enjoyed my job. I learned to loosen up by the end of my contract.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsway MallFebruary 25, 2015
Lush Was an awesome place to work.! They are known for their tailored customer experience and to obtain this they treat their staff like family: creating a positive work environment which creates happy employees doing the best job ever. All the skills you gain from working at Lush will be useful later on in life: You will gain superb sales skills, your confidence will grow and you'll probably gain some awesome people skills which will benefit you for the rest of your life.
Pros
50% discount, free product, bonding time
productive, innovative and fun workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeFebruary 13, 2015
- you won’t find a better smelling factory other than Lush
- positive work environment and atmosphere
- lots of involvement with the community
- You get to wear whatever you want as long as it is black or white
- the training is impressive
- good treatment of staff
- good ethics
- managers are friendly
Pros
staff sale, 50% employee discount, time flexibility
Cons
long standing hours, extremely busy at times, incredibly strong perfumes and glitters and sparkles everywhere
fun place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  vancouverDecember 30, 2014
Managers are friendly and no stress about your work
No discrimination,flexible hours
Pros
free coffee, milk
Cons
seasonal
This was a productive fun place to work. Unfortunately I became allergic to some of its contents.
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 25, 2014
I worked in the bathbomb department mixing powders on small mixers and at the same time on a huge one. I had to measure perfumes dyes and whatever else they added to the bath bombs (chocolate chips anybody? Confetti, fortune cookies, sparkles...)The bath bomb crew was great. They were all from Ethiopia predominantly and a guy from Sudan and they had fun. They made rates per hour plus piece work for each bath bomb I made them so they were always happy when there was a lot coming so I learnt to do the mixes from lightest to darkest throughout the day and how to do them fast but properly. Ninety six bags a day.For Christmas and Valentines that place is bonkers and for a time the other factory (the one out here) was closed so were doing orders for all of Canada and into Hawaii as well as special orders for rock groups like u2 and Britney Spears. I also packed boxes if they needed it or washed moulds but usually I stayed in the same department
Pros
the people i worked with were great and the company was good to its employees
Cons
i eventually became allergic to the incredibly strong perfumes and broke out in rashes
alright place to work
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Red deer AlbertaMay 29, 2014
I find that this compny needs some work on pay rates and what not they do not pay to what they should
Pros
free samples
Cons
pay wage not enough
Fun and Enthusiastic Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 6, 2014
I loved working at LUSH. The staff is carefully selected to be energetic, empathetic and knowledgable. There is a high standard to which training is held, featuring numerous training hours and a training handbook. Training is focused on customer satisfaction, and product knowledge and experience.

Each day at LUSH is a party. We were encouraged to dance around, express our individuality and have as much fun as possible!
I was actually excited to go to work every day. I'll miss that.

4.3