Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

The people and the products are amazing!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 May 2017
its an amazing place to be a part of !! the people coworkers and customers made each and every day special in its own way !! if I could have stayed there as my career I would have, its an amazing feeling working there.
Pros
sample products we get free!
Cons
so crowded, place has no place to sit for a minute to have breaks
Excellent place to work for anyone
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 May 2017
I loved working at Lush. It was my favorite job so far. The atmosphere is so amazing because you get to meet all kinds of personalities and cultures that not many workplaces can offer. It brings people from all around the world into one place, all working in unison. Also, the management makes you feel very welcome, completely forgetting that they are actually your "boss". All in all, a very fun and friendly experience.
Pros
atmosphere, free products :), pay
Cons
long hours, flexibility
Horrible
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2017
Horrible, horrible, horrible management and human resource department.
Zero follow through of policies
Zero staff support
Floor leaders acted like high school bullies
Enjoyable work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
It's a fun working day everyday. There are opportunities to know how the product made, prepared and delivered to customer. Manager understand the needs of employee, create an enjoyable workplace and reward employee when reaching target.
The good and the not so good
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Multiple28 April 2017
If you love Lush, you will love working there. BUT- there is definite pressure to make sales. This is easy if you are super into the products but this is not just a cashier job. You will be expected to know a lot about the company and products. The discount for working there is excellent because you are expected to try all of the products to recommend them in a way that suits customer needs. It's a fun part time job and there is room for advancement if you decide to make the company a priority over everything else in your life. I'd have stayed with the company for the rest of my life if it weren't for problems with management.
Best seasonal position I have ever held and fun to be a part time employee.
Pros
Fun workspace, great if you like the products or are interested in grassroots movements and natural cosmetics
Cons
Low pay for expectations, busy schedule, difficult to report management in case of issues, do not work on commission but expected to sell a lot, demanding expectations for product knowledge, you ned up working on your own time
Fun fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 April 2017
The job was pretty great, I worked in glitter a lot in the soap and massage department and basically spent the better part of the day doing arts and crafts with a bit of paper work and heavy lifting in between. The environment was fun, the people were great, and since we were a strong team we always got bonus which really made a huge difference when it came to paydays. Given the opportunity I'd go back, the only drawback was the job was seasonal.
Pros
Occasional staff lunches, chance for bonus, good work environment, 50% off discount, and free products
Cons
Very small chance to become core staff after the season
Great company to work for
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
Great company to work for! Wonderful culture and great work life balance. Competitive salary, and great opportunity to develop yourself. There are wonderful internal opportunities.
Exciting and fresh place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2017
I loved working at LUSH over the Christmas months. I would have applied to stay on full time if i wasn't in school full time as well. What LUSH stands for and believes in is breathtaking and more people should be aware of all the amazing things this company does. Everyone is welcome and comfortable with each other.
I would say the hardest part for me was memorizing the product information. LUSH isn't just bath bombs, there are a lot of products, but once you can remember a few key ingredients and what they do for the skin its smooth sailing from there.
Pros
great environment
Cons
min. wage
Fun place to work, great bonus system, very family-like atmosphere amongst the sales staff and supervisers; *terrible* management
Holiday staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2017
Own your PK and be comfortable with your upselling techniques. Supervisors will give great feedback and be there to help you step-by-step through the process. However, do it for the money, for the products, and for the atmosphere generated when upper management (aka the manager) is not there. There are definite issues in that area that Lush has refused to address. Work there temporarily and at Christmas time to make some extra money. Would not recommend the Kingston location for a career.
Loved working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Its pretty neat. Smells awesome! some friendly people there although there's been a lot of racism complaints, which is something they need to work on. i'm not talking about the obvious but just how others are treated.

It's stupid how they penalize you for not working when its obvious there's nothing left to do so you have to wonder around finding nothing to do like lost puppies.
Not really happy people making happy soap
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Its an okay job, not much room for growth, pay is not great, lots of good people here though. I wouldn't recommend it as a long term job. Fairly disorganized, not much appreciation for the workers who work extremely hard.
Fun and different work enviroment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Great work environment, friendly staff, LOTS of opportunities for advancement and growth! The store has a very fun environment that is inviting to all types of people, so you get to interact a lot with people from everywhere.
Pros
Discount, people, snacks
Cons
Long hours, depending on availability
Wonderful company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I had a wonderful experience working for Lush on a contract position. Great company atmosphere with encouraging management. It was also a fantastic learning environment that helped me to achieve new skills and sharpened the ones I already had.
excellent
Production Assistant\TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
best company to start your carrier. So many opportunities to develop your carrier. There is a lot of things to learn in this company. everyone should apply in this company once.
good
Very Sociable, fun, and very quick to learn
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee) –  15 Jutland Road21 March 2017
Very fun place to have worked in only bad part would of been management letting multiple people go because we were ahead of the deadline and that caused multiple contracts ending sooner then expected
Lush Cosmetics
floor leader and eco-warrior (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 March 2017
A typical day at work involved making sure that the sales associates were all being helpful and greeting customers and answering any questions that sales associates/customers had. The hardest part was keeping an eye on all staff and customers hen the store got extremely busy but if you had yourself organized you could make it work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with the most. We all got along really well and were a small family. As the eco-warrior I was in-charge of making sure that what we could was environmentally friendly and coordinating sustainable projects.
Great people
Picker/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
Although the company itself is completely disorganized, you can always find good people to work with. The departments are filled with an eclectic mix of every type of human.
Amazing workplace
Stock Person (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2017
All the staff share the same vision regarding sales and CSR. They take the time to train and nurture employees to help them grow within the sales position.
Great Seasonal Position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
I had the pleasure of working for LUSH in the gift department for their Christmas rush. Overall it was a great experience. I had a great team lead, great hours, they offered overtime, and if you went meet your target you got a bonus. Since they do hire over 1,000 people for their rush, there is really no room for advancement.
Pros
Good managemtn
Cons
Gossip among other lines
Fun, Knowledgeable, Eco conscious , Energetic
Lush Floor Leader and Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
Talk to people about how wonderful LUSH products are, talk to co-workers about LUSH, demo products, smell good.
I learned about many different uses for essential oils, fruits, vegetables, and how helping worldwide needs while getting pure ingredients from the source, learning about the environment from which this wondrous ingredients were found in. Management were nice and very organized. Everyone had a mutual love for the products and the overall message that LUSH wants to spread! I would love to see more campaigning! The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours being given out in comparison to the amount of people being hired. The most enjoyable part of the job would be making genuine connections with customers. Making their day by pampering them with the products you have fresh, exciting new knowledge on is very fun! Its wonderful to see a customer love a product just as much as you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3