Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingsway MallFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, free product, bonding time
Lush Was an awesome place to work.! They are known for their tailored customer experience and to obtain this they treat their staff like family: creating a positive work environment which creates happy employees doing the best job ever. All the skills you gain from working at Lush will be useful later on in life: You will gain superb sales skills, your confidence will grow and you'll probably gain some awesome people skills which will benefit you for the rest of your life.
productive, innovative and fun workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee), EtobicokeFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: staff sale, 50% employee discount, time flexibility
Cons: long standing hours, extremely busy at times, incredibly strong perfumes and glitters and sparkles everywhere
- you won’t find a better smelling factory other than Lush
- positive work environment and atmosphere
- lots of involvement with the community
- You get to wear whatever you want as long as it is black or white
- the training is impressive
- good treatment of staff
- good ethics
- managers are friendly
fun place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee), vancouverDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee, milk
Cons: seasonal
Managers are friendly and no stress about your work
No discrimination,flexible hours
This was a productive fun place to work. Unfortunately I became allergic to some of its contents.
Mixer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with were great and the company was good to its employees
Cons: i eventually became allergic to the incredibly strong perfumes and broke out in rashes
I worked in the bathbomb department mixing powders on small mixers and at the same time on a huge one. I had to measure perfumes dyes and whatever else they added to the bath bombs (chocolate chips anybody? Confetti, fortune cookies, sparkles...)The bath bomb crew was great. They were all from Ethiopia predominantly and a guy from Sudan and they had fun. They made rates per hour plus piece work for each bath bomb I made them so they were always happy when there was a lot coming so I learnt to do the mixes from lightest to darkest throughout the day and how to do them fast but properly. Ninety six bags a day.For Christmas and Valentines that place is bonkers and for a time the other factory (the one out here) was closed so were doing orders for all of Canada and into Hawaii as well as special orders for rock groups like u2 and Britney Spears. I also packed boxes if they needed it or washed moulds but usually I stayed in the same department
alright place to work
Key holder (Former Employee), Red deer AlbertaMay 29, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: pay wage not enough
I find that this compny needs some work on pay rates and what not they do not pay to what they should
Fun and Enthusiastic Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 6, 2014
I loved working at LUSH. The staff is carefully selected to be energetic, empathetic and knowledgable. There is a high standard to which training is held, featuring numerous training hours and a training handbook. Training is focused on customer satisfaction, and product knowledge and experience.

Each day at LUSH is a party. We were encouraged to dance around, express our individuality and have as much fun as possible!
I was actually excited to go to work every day. I'll miss that.
Production Line Worker
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2014
• Removed the soaps from the forms and packed them into the boxes
• Packed, labeled, moved products to one area to another
• Inspected and sorted products for any defects
Best employer!
Team Leader, Social Media Guru (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2014
Fun corporate culture and ethos. Great employee perks and annual employee events.
Great people, fun job, fun product
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: company events like bowling and free lunches
Cons: low salary but its worth it
LUSH employees will tell you that they have fun at work. They are not lying. I've only worked there for a month as a temp but it was the best month of work in my life. Management really goes out of their way to make the employees feel comfortable at work and the atmosphere is very fun.
Fantastic products that practically sell themselves. Fun work environment, interesting staff & clients. Tons of training & product knowledge provided!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QuebecJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the scents, learning, happy staff, happy clients, fabulous poroducts
Cons: can't think of any.
I loved working for LUSH. They always made sure that the staff had the knowledge and training in order to be able to sell their products. They also placed a high priority on ethical business practices and product sourcing. I learned a lot working for the company and would not hesistate to work for them again.

They have a fantastic return policy making it easy on everyone. Clients really appreciated that.

There were no "hard parts" at my job. Everything was enjoyable. You need to have a strong work ethic, a desire to participate and learn.
Fun products, terrible everything else
Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 1, 2013
Lush is a fun place to work, assuming you like the other employees. However, upper management is ridiculous, don't answer queries, get mad when you don't meet some objective that you didn't know existed, and generally are impossible to get a hold of. As a manager, you don't even know who your 'supervisor' is because of the structure of upper management!

Salary has gotten better since I've been there, I have heard, but when I was there it wasn't competitive, benefits weren't great, and they had no RRSP program to speak of.

There's no place to go in terms of advancement. They cherry pick their favourite people regardless of competence.

Work life balance is pretty good since it's retail; you don't take anything home with you when you leave.
Time is flexible and I like the company's what they believe
Payroll and Benefits Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Ontario St Vancouver BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: co-workers
Management is not that is expected, no performance review and co-leagues in the payroll department is not a conducive place or not comfortable to work with. I love my job and the company except my supervisor.
Fun workplace with great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 5, 2013
Pros: great discount, free products, amazing co-workers
Cons: extremely busy at times
Went under heavy training for product knowledge, educate customers on what "lush" is and suggest products best suited to their needs, maintained shops sanitary needs, receive product shipments and put product on store shelves.
It was good for the period I worked there.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 24, 2013
Pros: good money, good management, awesome christmas party
Cons: fumes, sparkles everywhere, too much potential for injuries.
I was good during the busy Christmas rush. Good bonuses and friendly atmosphere. The fumes and powders were a bit much and was unable to tolerate it for extended periods.
great job
Foreman (Former Employee), southlandsOctober 15, 2012
easy to advance. great people and bonus'. pay was reasonable and work was diverse.
Fun, inspiring and passionate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 11, 2012
Pros: amazing staff meetings, passion, fun, innovative, knowledgeable, family, strong team, guiding and supportive, excellent work ethic and values
Cons: hours effected by traffic flow
Everyone from the factory to the sales floor is extremely passionate, well educated on products.
There is no one working there who does not love their job.
A lot of love, care and passion goes into each sale, the job may seem high stress due to the popularity of the type of cosmetics (vegan, vegetarian, Eco-friendly ect), but the customers are just as passionate as the employees.
Always fun and extremely innovative company.
You learn a lot about how the body works, why and how to use natural products to cycle it back into normal cycles, aromatherapy, environmental issues, lots of political petitions and awareness, always news or something to be educated on.
Managers are extremely passionate, loving and excepting. Guiding and very knowledgeable.
Co-workers become like family, you all share values, common goals and passion about products, work ethic and over all customer experience.
Hardest part of the job is being able to remember how products benefit and ingredients. Just takes practice, *I made cue cards*
The most enjoyable part is everyday, every sale, every happy customer, every person who comes back, and building long lasting relationships with every customer.

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos