Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Not your average factory job
Ballistics Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 August 2017
It's difficult to consider Lush Manufacturing in terms of a "factory" due to the lack of machines used in daily processes. Everything is hands on which I found to be quite engaging. Even the most difficult of bath bombs left a sense of accomplishment when I finished them just right.
The management also has a tendency to work on the floor with you and still enjoy doing exactly what got them into the company in the first place: handmade and environmentally and socially positive products.

I worked crunch time though for the holiday season but there was never a true sense of urgency or time frustration. It was fun to challenge myself and my team to reach quotas by designing new setups that improved efficiency but never reduced quality.

I would love to work at Lush Manufacturing again to continue improving these skills and learn more about what the company has on offer for me and other employees.
Pros
positive feedback, teamwork, work events, friendly competition, stretching breaks
Cons
long hours standing
Great work atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, UK2 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for LUSH, UK.
The work environment was particularly enjoyable with like minded, similar aged mainly girls employed. However this may lead to question their equal opportunities policy. i'd say that ~80% of staff were white girls in their early 20s.

Issues with staffing include, short shifts of only 5 hours at a time. And overtime being given unfairly to "favourite" members of staff.
Job security was an issue
SEASONAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
As a seasonal employee we would be let go and rehired several times without notice. They dangled permanent employment in front of us as an attainable goal, but in the end, their actions rarely matched their promises.
Pros
free coffee, friendly co-workers, fun job
Great people and company to work with! If your looking for a job to start with work with us in Lush
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 July 2017
working with Lush is the best thing happen to me. I was new here in Canada and I got hired 1 week after I got here. Started working as a temp and after 4 months I got hire full time. I was a shipper and moved up to different position in the company. So if you are ready for new challenges, work with Lush! :)
Productive and fun
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke.18 July 2017
Very good environment, good people. Very productive and fun. One of the best company to work for. Very safe. A very happy workplace people are always eager to work.
AMAZING Job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2017
Ive never worked in an environment quite like Lush , such a friendly and uplifting group of staff. Constructive criticism was always great , and I always felt apart of them team !
Amazing!
Seasonal Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 July 2017
At Lush, they train you on product knowledge and what ingredients are in each product as well as what products work for each skin and/or hair type. The management and everyone who works at lush are friendly and outgoing! Ultimately lush is a place where people want you to be yourself and provide an amazing customer experience!
Pros
Everything honestly
a lot of fun but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC30 June 2017
i loved working at lush for the longest time but unfortunately management wasn't the best. i can't speak for all lush's but mine at least was full of drama! it's like my manager was straight out of highschool!

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE lush is honestly a great company and has great values. if you love connecting with people then lush is honestly the place for you. i loved every second with my clients.
if it wasn't for the management i would still be there doing what i loved most.
Pros
amazing clients
Cons
management
Environnement de travail agréable
Employé saisonnier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 June 2017
L'ambiance est superbe, les autres employés sont super gentils!
Pros
Rabais employé
An enjoyably experience that has taught me about the importance of teamwork as well as time management.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 June 2017
A typical day at work would start off nice and slow with a meeting that would introduce any product or aisle changes, but become fast paced when picking products and fulfilling orders. I was taught how to pick ergonomically safe and to cooperate with the forklift drivers delivering products. The job can be difficult when the orders are huge (during major holidays), but it is nice to know that there is a team behind you to help when you feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Friendly staff, being called in if you need extra hours, and there is always something to do to prevent boredom and unproductivity
Cons
Unstable hours for seasonal staff due to products being in and out of demand on holidays
Best Job Ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2017
Great place to grow and learn new sales techniques, the company has great values, everyone is like family that works here, great way to meet new people and form a relationship with customers.
Fun, yet demanding and poor managment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC17 June 2017
A typical day is very demanding. Our staffing has not caught up with increased traffic, and it is always very busy. Customer service is the top priority, and they get above and beyond service from mostly dedicated staff.
I have learned a great deal about ingredients in products, how to be an amazing sales person, and how to work with a team and be an inspiring leader when there is absence of a manager.
Management is very poor. I have worked through three different managers and four MITs. Managers are absent on the floor, give useless feedback, and have trouble getting staff buy in. Two of the MITs have been amazing, however they were both let go, and the other two are incompetent and have been promoted to higher positions.
When there is no manager working, the atmosphere on the floor is happy, uplifted, fun, and focused on giving superior and tailored service to customers.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance work/life. The minimum availability is nowhere near "minimum", and trying to compromise/communicate with management is very difficult.
The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is interacting with staff and customers. Staff want to grow and learn, and helping them makes you feel great. Providing such in-depth service and consultations with customers is wonderful too, as they are usually very grateful and become repeat customers.
Pros
Great discount. inspiring and ethically-minded company.
Cons
Terrible management, lack of regional support.
good team leaders, only be careful to whome you choose
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
I enjoyed my time at lush manufacturer, I could come back if could. I did good teams and good team friendship. only in bubbles have to be careful about the teamleaders.
fun work place
Production Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
i learned alot about soup and hand made products by lush. I learned alot about marketing and making your own product with its own following. Lush is a product i still use tilltoday
Overall amazing experience.
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 June 2017
I have no complaints about working for LUSH. it's so educational, with a great purpose. You can't help but fall head over heels with the products. With their naked packaging, and the amazing ingredients in each product. not to mention how they are all HANDMADE in Canada. Being cruelty free and doing extensive research into the products to make sure that they haven't been tested on animals. Those are some of the many reason why I loved working for lush.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, great people, good hours, great knowledge
Cons
none.
I loved working at LUSH so much! I was there for the Christmas position so it was hectic, but everyone was so loving and caring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
- Everyone wanted to make your time be the best that they could offer
- plenty of free (broken) bath bombs
- plenty of free snacks and free hugs
- everyone was super supportive
- as long as you stayed true to the customers, everything went smooth
- be prepared to massage people's hands, and give out a lot of free samples
Pros
Free vegan snacks i.e. popcorn, pizza, granola bars, juice boxes etc.
Cons
Very busy
fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 June 2017
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
Productive place to work
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
I like everything about Lush. The work environment is a good place to work they have patients with their workers, and also they get along with different types of cultures.
family like work place, interractive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2017
Working here is great you really learn how to build personal customer relationships and people skills, hours however really vary to a lot or none at all. The job really helps you learn efficiency, and how to apply your product knowledge to each individual person and their needs.
Pros
great work environment, easy access to learning tools
Cons
hours vary a lot.
Good company, poor management
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK24 May 2017
Title says it all. The company compensates its employees fairly well, and there is a bonus incentive in place to drive sales, however management at my location was less than satisfactory. Poorly managed, leaving its workers demotivated and stressed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2