Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Amazing co-workers, great training, still a "mall" job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 17, 2016
Working for Lush was an experience. The training is extremely in depth and very comprehensive. My co-workers were the coolest people I've met and I'm still friends with some of them. It is a typical 'mall' job - high staff turnover, skipped breaks. But they do a really good job at making it seem worth it.

They do try to promote from within, but it often doesn't work out that way. That said, the sales training and soft skills learned are phenomenal and the discount on products is unreal, so all and all I recommend it.
Pros
Seriously awesome discount, Really fun coworkers
Cons
Typical "mall" retail position.
Great place to work if the upper management like you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
Lush is a wonderful company and its values are incredible. If thr upper management stood by those same values if would be an amazing place to work. The structure is terrible and upper management are so tight that it borders on unprofessional. It was a really disappointing experience.
Pros
Great product and great discounts
Cons
Unprofessional and catty upper management
Great company with fantastic co workers and even better management
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
i worked as a production assistant at lush for a month and the daily tasks were as follows.
set up a table with one of the products that need to be un molded or packaged. we would work in groups of 3-5 people and spend the first hour or 2 working on that.
then we would be assigned to help make a certain product in the afternoon which involves pouring the liquid state of soaps/oils into containers.
the co workers i had were the best part of the job. very diverse but welcoming and friendly. I never felt out of place or had confusions about what i needed to do.
management is unlike any other. you can talk to them on a person to person basis and were very flexible with hours, time off, etc.
Pros
diverse workplace, management, co workers, good hours
Cons
lot of standing, physically demanding
I had a blast working for lush
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 7, 2016
When I worked at lush for the christmas season i had a great time, there was always fun events going on in the factory and the work enviroment was always fast paced and fun. Managers always were there to help and assist you when you needed an extra hand. I learned a lot about team work and essential oils and fruits the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet for long periods of time but they had stress mats (those mats you stand on like rubber ones).

I would work for lush again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Work events and community events
Cons
Standing for long hours
Overall decent experience.
Ballistics Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 18, 2016
I worked in manufacturing, and it was okay. Even if you were part-time, you were working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and the starting pay was above minimum wage so you make some pretty good money. The company is still growing so the daily targets increase and the manager in my department had no idea what he was doing. Other than that, everything was decent.
Pros
The pay and coworkers
Cons
Manager
Life at Lush
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work involved getting a debriefing as to what the goal for the team was. I learned a lot about myself, and that I have a passion for helping people, world class understanding that helped with the interpersonal connection I established with each customer and team member. Management was clear, providing my co-workers and I responsibilities that applied to our strengths while helping with our weaknesses. The hardest part about the job was the realization that I was only apart of the seasonal team and my days were numbered. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say would have to be the fact that I fundamentally get to make people happy, spread product and company awareness, feel better about themselves and overall have a great time during their visit.
Fun relaxed workplace
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2016
Easy-going staff and management, this is usually a good thing, although can be lacking if you actually need something from them. Lots of variety to avoid getting too repetitive. Perks for full time employees such as paid transit and opportunities for courses, travel etc.
Very positive staff interactions, wonderful product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
I adored working at LUSH. As a sales associate during the winter holiday season, I was expected to know a lot about the company and product, and help meet customers' needs accordingly. I learned a lot about customer service, and also about the various topical uses of miscellaneous plants. The managers were exceptionally well trained, and very supportive. My coworkers were many and I didn't get to know a lot of them very well, just because there were over 60 of us and I rarely worked with the same person more than three times, but they were all very friendly. I think the hardest part of this job was how emotionally draining it could be. There is a lot of emotional labour required in customer service and at times it could be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a product that I believed in, and for a company that treated every person in it as, well, people. The discount was pretty awesome, too.
Pros
Superb management
Cons
Very physically and emotionally demanding
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2016
Daily routine; check in with floor leader, learn about the store goal, make a personal goal, come up with strategies to meet such goals; sell sell sell, demo demo demo, check out.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers had their favorites
Stimulating and fun workplace!
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
I was always learning something new, whether it be a new approach to customers, new products, or even just a skill that came with the store. Being my first job, I learned a lot about retail and so far I've loved it, I get to experience a wide variety of people and it's always exciting. The workers act like a big happy family and we were always bringing other people in and doing our best to make them feel at home. The hardest part of this job was learning to come out of my shell, I'm a quiet person, but working in an environment I'm passionate about and can relate to really let me express and be myself, making it easier to become more out going. Overall, I love LUSH and will always be a "Lushie", getting the chance to work at the store was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad that that was my first job as it made me feel ready to go out and experience other jobs.
Pros
Product discount, working in an ethical environment, fun people
Cons
Overwhelming smells, small store
Employee experience wonderful, management satisfactory
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The atmosphere of the store was amazing - so welcoming, helpful, and uplifting. The management was minimal in terms of aiding seasonal personnel and nothing was determined and no one was informed properly about the process leaving the job at the end of the season.
Nothing great about it.
Production Assistant/Gift Wrapper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I hated working at LUSH, The warehouse not the retail store. On my feet for 8 hours a day standing in one spot and not moving. Very little movement to walk around. Lost of non English speakers made the job difficult to do. Will never work there again
Productive Workplace, Great leadership
Factory worker and Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Learned how to keep up in a fast paced environment, as well as how to create products that are uniform. Great leadership, easy to talk to managers as well as co-workers, very understanding company that tries to teach its employees the proper way to complete tasks.
Pros
Fun, up-beat
Cons
Long hours of standing
Fun Workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
A great company that holds true to it's morals and values. I recommend this job to students and anyone who is looking to work while also gaining life long friendships.
Good company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 26, 2016
This is the best place i ever worked and learned a lot as it was my first job ever. Good people and benefits provided my the company.
Fun and nice place to work, We have a basket Ball play yard
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Lush is a fun place to work. All the workings are always happy and making happt soap.

The organisational atmosphere is really great and exiting. It is a place where your work is really appriciated.
Safe environment and productive workplace.
Seasonal Production Assistant in Lush Ballistics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work would require setting up my station/table depending on which product I would be making and reaching daily targets which requires making a certain amount or number of what they need. Different products have different targets and some are made in teams and others are not. What I've learnt are the basic safety needs and precautions including the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. The management is really well because they always keep the staffs updated such as daily huddles, progress and making sure of their safety and comfort. My co-workers were a big part of job because I got to work and cooperate while improving individually to learn and work well with others. Everyone is on the same floor which involves us all motivating each other and at the end of the day we are all a team. The hardest part of the job was meeting daily targets which contains consistency and a fast pace work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make different products which made the workplace a lot more productive and fun.
Great experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2016
It was the best retail experience I have ever had.
The customers are great
Guide customers to the right product
Coworkers made you feel like family.
One of the best places I've worked for
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
the day starts with a team meeting to discuss the production for the day, we are to reach the goal set my the supervisors. team leads for each line take there respected co-workers to start production on an item.
An amazing environment, with even more amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday I was happy to go work. I would clock in, and then be "chatted in", so I would be told our goals and small details on the side. I would then be zoned in a certain part of the store and set my own personal goal. Every hour or two, we would be switched to a different zone, so it was always changing, it was never a dull moment. The customers are a big part of why I loved working there. They were always so polite and genuine. They were funny and very outgoing, even the ones who seemed a little shy at first. I think the vibe the employees at LUSH put out is what makes the customers comfortable. The hardest part of the job was learning how to adjust to the smell! It was a fairly easy job, being a people person I enjoy interacting with people. My management team was always super excited for each and every day. They were supportive and motivating. My co-workers were the same. I was treated like part of a family, and it was an amazing experience. I don't have a favourite, or most enjoyable part of the job because it was all so wonderful.
Pros
the employees, the environment, and the customers

4.2