Lush Cosmetics

Lush Cosmetics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Enthusiastic Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 6, 2014
I loved working at LUSH. The staff is carefully selected to be energetic, empathetic and knowledgable. There is a high standard to which training is held, featuring numerous training hours and a training handbook. Training is focused on customer satisfaction, and product knowledge and experience.

Each day at LUSH is a party. We were encouraged to dance – more... around, express our individuality and have as much fun as possible!
I was actually excited to go to work every day. I'll miss that. – less
Production Line Worker
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2014
• Removed the soaps from the forms and packed them into the boxes
• Packed, labeled, moved products to one area to another
• Inspected and sorted products for any defects
Best employer!
Team Leader, Social Media Guru (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2014
Fun corporate culture and ethos. Great employee perks and annual employee events.
Great people, fun job, fun product
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: company events like bowling and free lunches
Cons: low salary but its worth it
LUSH employees will tell you that they have fun at work. They are not lying. I've only worked there for a month as a temp but it was the best month of work in my life. Management really goes out of their way to make the employees feel comfortable at work and the atmosphere is very fun.
Fantastic products that practically sell themselves. Fun work environment, interesting staff & clients. Tons of training & product knowledge provided!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QuebecJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the scents, learning, happy staff, happy clients, fabulous poroducts
Cons: can't think of any.
I loved working for LUSH. They always made sure that the staff had the knowledge and training in order to be able to sell their products. They also placed a high priority on ethical business practices and product sourcing. I learned a lot working for the company and would not hesistate to work for them again.

They have a fantastic return policy making – more... it easy on everyone. Clients really appreciated that.

There were no "hard parts" at my job. Everything was enjoyable. You need to have a strong work ethic, a desire to participate and learn. – less
Fun products, terrible everything else
Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 1, 2013
Lush is a fun place to work, assuming you like the other employees. However, upper management is ridiculous, don't answer queries, get mad when you don't meet some objective that you didn't know existed, and generally are impossible to get a hold of. As a manager, you don't even know who your 'supervisor' is because of the structure of upper management!

Salary – more... has gotten better since I've been there, I have heard, but when I was there it wasn't competitive, benefits weren't great, and they had no RRSP program to speak of.

There's no place to go in terms of advancement. They cherry pick their favourite people regardless of competence.

Work life balance is pretty good since it's retail; you don't take anything home with you when you leave. – less
Time is flexible and I like the company's what they believe
Payroll and Benefits Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Ontario St Vancouver BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: co-workers
Management is not that is expected, no performance review and co-leagues in the payroll department is not a conducive place or not comfortable to work with. I love my job and the company except my supervisor.
Fun workplace with great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 5, 2013
Pros: great discount, free products, amazing co-workers
Cons: extremely busy at times
Went under heavy training for product knowledge, educate customers on what "lush" is and suggest products best suited to their needs, maintained shops sanitary needs, receive product shipments and put product on store shelves.
It was good for the period I worked there.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 24, 2013
Pros: good money, good management, awesome christmas party
Cons: fumes, sparkles everywhere, too much potential for injuries.
I was good during the busy Christmas rush. Good bonuses and friendly atmosphere. The fumes and powders were a bit much and was unable to tolerate it for extended periods.
great job
Foreman (Former Employee), southlandsOctober 15, 2012
easy to advance. great people and bonus'. pay was reasonable and work was diverse.
Fun, inspiring and passionate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 11, 2012
Pros: amazing staff meetings, passion, fun, innovative, knowledgeable, family, strong team, guiding and supportive, excellent work ethic and values
Cons: hours effected by traffic flow
Everyone from the factory to the sales floor is extremely passionate, well educated on products.
There is no one working there who does not love their job.
A lot of love, care and passion goes into each sale, the job may seem high stress due to the popularity of the type of cosmetics (vegan, vegetarian, Eco-friendly ect), but the customers are just – more... as passionate as the employees.
Always fun and extremely innovative company.
You learn a lot about how the body works, why and how to use natural products to cycle it back into normal cycles, aromatherapy, environmental issues, lots of political petitions and awareness, always news or something to be educated on.
Managers are extremely passionate, loving and excepting. Guiding and very knowledgeable.
Co-workers become like family, you all share values, common goals and passion about products, work ethic and over all customer experience.
Hardest part of the job is being able to remember how products benefit and ingredients. Just takes practice, *I made cue cards*
The most enjoyable part is everyday, every sale, every happy customer, every person who comes back, and building long lasting relationships with every customer. – less
Not what it says on the tin
General Assistant (Current Employee), Poole, ENGAugust 14, 2014
Pros: other people
Cons: everything
I have been working at Lush for more than 6 years now. When I first started I was prepared to work as hard as I could and try and work my way up within the company but after only a short while I realised that would not be possible unless I was willing to do somethings that went against my integrity, e.g sleep with a manager.
Until last year I was only – more... kept working in one place as I was one of the better workers and they wouldn't let me leave and learn new skills, which is also the reason my pay is lower than people that have worked within the company a quarter of the time I have. To be able to live comfortably I usually have to work between 60/70 hours a week and the management still don't appreciate all the hours/effort you have put in.
During my time working here, I have suffered with sever depression, suisidal thoughts and just generally low self esteem, due to the way I have been treated by management.
I have been knocked down time and time again with no explanation and it has taken me until now to build myself up strong enough to realise that I do deserve to be happy in a job I enjoy doing, instead of just being a number, working too hard everyday for nothing.
My advice to anyone thinking of working at Lush is don't do it, i've seen so many people come in so positively, just to have everything they once were knocked out of them.
Working at Lush was the biggest mistake of my life and I will be so happy once I am finally free from them. – less
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), LondonJune 24, 2014
Poor Management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Uncasville, CTJune 24, 2014
Pros: company values, mission, products
Cons: management
I loved the morals and values the company itself stood for, but the store management in this particular location seemed to not practice what it preached. Management used bullying and shaming techniques which does not at all align with the company policy. Very disappointed with the management.
Fun and Rewarding Role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Ipswich, Colchester and NorwichApril 17, 2014
During a typical day my day would consist of a lot of demonstrations and customer interaction. I loved my role here as it enabled me to be around products I adored and believed in and help people feel better about themselves, whether they had a skin problem we helped cure or just to put a smile on their face with our original products.
Taking care of our futures
Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 18, 2014
A fast pace task oriented work environment. Day to day always changing always a new adventure.
Productive and great workplace
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee), EscondidoMarch 3, 2014
Greet and assist the customers, everyone in there is usually curious to what lush is and that's where you step in to give them product info, it was a lot to learn at first but training helps, my co-workers were friendly and the hardest part for me was trying to remember all the of ingredients in the products!
Low pay and not many opportunities for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: fun environment, inclusive/diverse culture
Cons: low compensation, poor employee retention, not much room for advancement
I worked here for a full year and was frequently told I was doing a great job and that there was little to nothing I could improve on, but was never given a raise and was not provided with any opportunities to move up. My co-workers experienced similar struggles, and most of us left because of it. Their employee retention is very low, and these are – more... some of the reasons why.

The management played favorites and promoted their friends rather than the loyal employees who worked hard. My store manager was motivated - but for the store to do well, she was required to put in WAY more than 40 hours a week... but not get paid for it.

The job itself was fun and the trainings were great. I would probably not choose to return. I was a huge fan of the company and their products before my employment there, but my experience put a bad taste in my mouth. – less
exciting busy place of work
Stock Controller and Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 17, 2014
a very visual job, the products are very colourful so need planning for colour placement so display design was crucial. My co workers were alway fun to work with making the time go fast and alway helping when needed.
Lush Cosmetics
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Poole, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
The above company are great to work for, everyone is nice to work with, it is just a nice place to work

1 2 3

About Lush Cosmetics

Lush's products are so luscious that you literally could eat them if you wanted to. The natural cosmetics firm is a UK-based manufacturer – Read more

Lush Cosmetics Photos