Lululemon Athletica

Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Amaaazzinngg work experience
Educator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
No words can express how amazing this company is. I've worked many customer service/retail positions before, but never had a company so genuinely interested in my work/life balance and personal development. It's not all about business when you go in to work, it's a place for YOU to grow and develop your goals. They always surprise their employees with gifts everywhere from candy in the break-room, to free tickets to igloofest or catered dinners.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who lives an adventurous, active lifestyle.
Pros
Goal and development oriented.
Cons
Lots of community events (volunteer hours)
amazing workplace for motivated individuals
Keyleader & Visual Merchandising Leader (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 September 2016
- the culture at lululemon atheletica was the BEST part about working there. I was always feeling inspired at work & it was a very goal orientated workplace. the team as a whole was VERY supportive of your personal goals & work goals.
- management holds the team to a very high standard when working on the floor and handling guests in the store.
-I learned a lot about managing people, which became one of my favourite parts of the job. Holding the team accountable to their roles & giving feedback was a huge part of my day.
-Being the merchandising leader allowed me to learn ALOT on top of the knowledge I had in merchandising and with all the feedback involved in the company it really pushed me to grow into a strong leader and merchandiser.
-hardest part of the job was that sometimes staying on top of all the tasks and duties happening in the role and inside the store was hard. we were expected to do a lot outside of work hours which at times was overwhelming.
Pros
higher starting pay than typical retail stores, wearing the comfiest clothes everyday, the people are inspiring, atmosphere of the store is very positive
Cons
expected to work outside of work a lot and not being compensated enough for all the duties we had.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
Fun place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2016
Bad management
Good work culture
no job security
constantly changing minds
People are very good and treat you well
nice location
Good contract rates
low Perm
Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
Very productive workplace and Fun environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 August 2016
Good working environment especially the managers and the other employees. Managers tend to be rough on you at the start however, they tend to let you off once the job has gone down
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
Working for lululemon was great but the was little to no flexibility in scheduling. Otherwise it had a good work environment.
Pros
Good pay, nice people, pretty fun job
Cons
long hours sitting down, schedules are not flexible
My Introduction to Management
Educator (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
Lake Joseph Yacht Club (LJYC) was a very enjoyable work environment. I spent 5 years as an instructor and 4 as a student. The program required constant revision annually as the students, parents and instructor’s mindset changed drastically during my time there. As a student you can direct your attention to learning the skills of sailing and developing or attend for the fun and leisure. As an instructor it was often hard to balance the two tasks and complete your job to the satisfaction of parents, students and management.

During my time with the organization, LJYC required much more attention and innovation to keep up with the needs of the students and the development of the Canadian Sailing Program. It is my understanding when I left that they were on the right path to achieving that structure.
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2016
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive. Good fitness perks, discount on clothing, can be fun culture depending on which team you join
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Segregated culture, good employees do not get rewarded while incompetent or poor leaders get promoted
Fun atmosphere and community driven!
Educator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2016
Great work environment, was able to build long lasting relationships with community and customers. Best job of my life!
great place but...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 February 2016
liked title ... great company great setup but with poor decision making management and indecent supervisors which make a day's work a lot tougher
Amazing place to be.
IT store support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2016
This job has the atonamy you want in the work place, with a fun enviroment to encourge the creative juices to flow and with the potental for growth it is a desirable place to work. Being able to talk to all 4000+ employees people around the world was an great way to become punctual about deadlines and fulfill SLA's. The people that are part of this group are amazing the group its filled with talent and diversity with everyone bringing unique skills to the table and a managment team out of this world.
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
Working Contract for Lululemon Lab was great!
contract designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2015
Great atmosphere and easily considered a great place to work. Lululemon Lab's associates are hard working and always with a smile.
Pros
Positive, Hours, Location, Advancement, Promotion
Cons
Customers, Contract Billing
Fun Company
Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta16 September 2015
Lots of potential to move up but must be very involved in out of work activities as well.
Poor management, was young and not capable of leading a team.
Lots of fitness benefits.
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Supportive Co workers and Goal oriented culture
Assistant Manager/Key Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton8 September 2015
The goal setting that challenged you beyond your career was amazing. The culture of being the best you was a great standard.
Pros
community and goal coaching
Fun and good benefits
Educator (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2015
Great opportunity to go out in the community, meet people and get fit and inspired by others. Great clothing for all season as well as yoga products
#joblove
Educator (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 June 2015
lululemon is the best company that I have had the opportunity to work with! There is so much love and support from everyone on the team, and you are wholly encouraged to maintain your work/life balance and sweat on the regular.

4.3