Lululemon Athletica

Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, inspiring and great place to work
Educator and Key Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2013
Pros: accountability, fun, recognition and inspiration everyday!
Cons: working nights and weekends
A typical day at lululemon looked like walking into the store and feeling an instant flash of fun, love and acceptance. First, I would generally check in and touch base with each Educator to let them know I was leading the floor and that I am here to support them with anything they need. Every day would be different depending on the guests, the week, the product. The main goal for educators was to have fun and create an amazing guest experience for each guest and it was my responsibility to ensure this was happening. Lots of laughs, dance parties and surprise and delights for my team and our guests. I learned the impact that one leader can have on the day, team and business. The hardest part was balancing my amazing work friends and work events with the other areas of my life like family and boyfriend.
Ensuring that their employees are happy
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly, supportive people, opportunities
Cons: Late night hours
Each manager cares about their employees work and personal lives, ensuring that they are maintaining a proper work/life balance. Each day is different depending which department I work in. Mostly I work with shipments and in the back room, organizing, unloading boxes and processing product. Everyone works well together and is very supportive of goals inside and outside of the company. I learned how to work better on a supportive team and make decisions that I feel are best for the company. They create leaders in each department. The hardest part about the job is that some of the hours are quite late, making it harder to find people that are able to work night shifts.
Fun and challenging work environment
Educator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 30, 2012
Pros: health benefits, environment, development opportunities
Cons: inconsistent shift hours (working back to back closing shifts and opening shifts)
A typical day at work involves learning about the products and talking to guests about them. Lululemon is a lifestyle brand so it encourages its employees and guests to be active, especially in yoga and running. In many ways, working at Lululemon will influence your life outside of work and what you do with your time in terms of personal fitness goals. The hardest part of the job was finding balance and not dedicating all 24 hours of the day to your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning productive retail strategies that value integrity, and doing so in an environment with great co-workers.
An extremely supportive and fun work environment.
Educator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: encouraging and goal oriented environment
Cons: wage
A typical day working as an educator at lululemon athletica consists of educating guests on the products fit, function, fabrics, and features.
By doing so I have learned how to communicate effectively with different demographics.
The management here is very supportive and rely heavily on feedback to ensure everyone is able to grow and improve.
The hardest part of the job is building up those cheek muscles to be able to retain a smile all day!
The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that you are working with like minded people who share similar values and a culture.
Fun environment with incredible people that challenge you to go for your dreams
Educator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: amazing discount and access to workout classes
Cons: yoga is a pretty big deal so one really has to be in line with their love for yoga
A typical work day was very relaxed. I learned a lot about setting visions and goals for myself. Management was good. They were busy and so connecting with them can prove to be difficult. I loved the co-workers, they make the job what it is. Hardest part of the job is learning all the technicalities of the garments and being able to effectively communicate that. The most enjoyable part was the people I go to work with
Amazing place to be.
IT store support (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 3, 2016
This job has the atonamy you want in the work place, with a fun enviroment to encourge the creative juices to flow and with the potental for growth it is a desirable place to work. Being able to talk to all 4000+ employees people around the world was an great way to become punctual about deadlines and fulfill SLA's. The people that are part of this group are amazing the group its filled with talent and diversity with everyone bringing unique skills to the table and a managment team out of this world.
Fun Co-workers and a lot of opportunity for learning
KEY LEADER (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free Yoga Classes
Cons: Busy around the Holidays
Lululemon is one company that makes sure their employees are growing in their personal and professional lives. It is a very goal oriented company that facilitates the same attitude in all staff at all levels. I love the casual and athletic vibe. This company would best be suited for someone who is competitive, driven, athletic, and with goals to start their own business in personal development, fitness, or retail.
Great working environment - low compinsation
Digital Engagement (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: yoga
Cons: low pay
My coworkers and manager are supportive in all ways. I feel very connected to our guests and love working with people. There is room for advancement if you are patient and hard working.

The compensation is low - you do this job because you love it.
Be prepared for things not to happen right away. If needed, a mind for innovation and working your way around slow processes is an asset.
Fun and encouraging environment
Educator (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 13, 2014
I love every moment of working at lululemon athletica. From the people to the emphasis on setting and achieving goals, I feel incredibly fortunate to be involved in an amazing company that treats its employees so well. My favourite part of working here is the fact that I can be involved in more than just selling clothes; we are able to connect and be a part of elevating our community.
Fun and well ballanced work environment
Keyleader and Educator (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: complimentary yoga
Cons: retail hours, limited benefits, no sick days
You come to work, you love everyone that you work with, you love the product, you love the guests. You work to better yourself at work and in your personal life. Advancement and development are constant, people care about you.

You dance, you work, you dance again. Work is fun! Actually!
Productive and an amazing workplace
Seasonal Expeditor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great discounts on merchandise
Cons: the short contract
- organizing and stocking the floor with merchandise
- management was always friendly
- co-workers were awesome and always helpful
- the most enjoyable part was the environment that Lululemon created
- the atmosphere is was amazing
Fun place to work, just had to overlook the "culty" mentality
Educator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: pay and discount
Cons: terrible managment
Management came across very inauthentic and although boasting about inclusiveness grossy demonstrated the mistreatment of those that did not "fit" lulu culture.

Better love yoga more than anything second to LuLuLemon.
Productive and fun workplace.
Educator (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 8, 2013
Pros: coworkers, benefits
Cons: hours
Lots of area for personal/career development. Co workers are very energetic and fun to work with. In my 3 years I have grown a lot as an individual. The company has also given me many tools to use as I progress further into my career.
Highly Reputable
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 12, 2015
I executed the role of a store manager seamlessly because I was passionate about developing their team and connecting with the community. I developed incredible leaders, grew the business, and positively impacted their surrounding community.
Working Contract for Lululemon Lab was great!
contract designer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Positive, Hours, Location, Advancement, Promotion
Cons: Customers, Contract Billing
Great atmosphere and easily considered a great place to work. Lululemon Lab's associates are hard working and always with a smile.
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 6, 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
#joblove
Educator (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJune 13, 2015
lululemon is the best company that I have had the opportunity to work with! There is so much love and support from everyone on the team, and you are wholly encouraged to maintain your work/life balance and sweat on the regular.
Supportive Co workers and Goal oriented culture
Assistant Manager/Key Leader (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: community and goal coaching
The goal setting that challenged you beyond your career was amazing. The culture of being the best you was a great standard.
Focused on Developing Employees
Educator, Full Time (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Retail doesn't allow for much in terms of job/ hours security. Good environment and great staff. Great benefits if interested.