Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Always Fun and Happy
Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Best placed I have ever work. Management is always understanding. The environment is so welcoming. You become a family with your coworkers. Much of your time is spent with your workers outside of work because you all love each other and want to spend time together. A real sweat life community.
Pros
Treated Well
Cons
Cliques
Fun for part time work, not substantial for career
Educator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
Lululemon put me through university, and helped me discover who I am and what I want. Looking towards future goals, however, I did not see myself fitting with the company as a whole. Also, for career development, the only options are really to move to Vancouver or Toronto to work in the offices, and this is not something I wanted to do for myself and my family. Overall, it was a fun atmosphere, but not substantial for a career in the future.
Good place to work with a family atmopshere
WHS TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC19 April 2017
The company started strong with a good culture foundation and has since started to lose a bit of its foundation through change. It is still striving for greatness and trying to keep people at its core.
Pros
good team events and great co workers
Cons
Not great alignment with direct reports
Fun environment with good company culture that encourages entrepreneurs.
Educator/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2017
I learned how to think as an entrepreneur by working at lululemon athletica. You are encouraged to think of the business as your own and make you own decisions. As a visual merchandiser I was able to display my creativity and develop strategies for selling garments.
Great culture excellent employer
Talent Acquisition Manager- Technology (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Lululemon is a wonderful place to work. I suggest anyone who has the opportunity to do so take advantage of it. Great caring people who sincerely care about the whole person and allows you to became your authentic self. Hate that I had to leave the company due to lay-off.
Pros
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive & Fun Place
Educator (GEC) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 April 2017
Answered phone calls, sometimes e-mails and live-chats
Helped customers with missing packages, placing orders, tracking packages, and any money issues
Great Job - Watch your back.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I had a wonderful time at lululemon - they taught me so many practical life skills for any and every situation you may find yourself in. However, staff are not trustworthy, and the company itself is very shady. They always seem to have a secret agenda and they hold that priority over all. It is preached that transparency and responsibility is held high priority but that is not the case. No matter how much experience you have WITH or without the company - personal agendas out run anything else. They will hang you out to dry in a heartbeat and never look back. It's heartbreaking and unfortunate but that's how it is.

I would happily go back if I had the chance - I loved my time with them and I made long lasting friendships and connections - but watch your back. If you're not careful - you'll find a knife in it.
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
shady, unreliable, cold
Best Company Ever
Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
Lululemon is by far the best company I've ever worked for. They truly care about the development of their employees. Their style of coaching prepares you for success no matter if your future lays within the company or not.
nice people to work with
Educator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 January 2017
cool place to work, they try to push you to your goals, and they're great to talk to! enjoyable, loveable people, although there is a cult like feeling to the workplace.
Fun work place
Team Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
The culture and long term vision lululemon is creating does not compare to any other company I have been fortunate to work with. The fun and positive work environment is great.
Pros
Workout benefits
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2017
Awesome work environment, lots of development opportunities, great culture of visions and goals. Great benefits package and ability to incorporate fitness into your career.
awful, cult like
Educator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 January 2017
I hated working for this company. it was the worst experience I have ever had. I was treated poorly and bullied. I tell everyone to stay away.
Great company with a great culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 December 2016
This company has it all. Great people, great culture, room to grow, always expanding and evolving and therefore the people will always be engaged and interested.
Amaaazzinngg work experience
Educator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
No words can express how amazing this company is. I've worked many customer service/retail positions before, but never had a company so genuinely interested in my work/life balance and personal development. It's not all about business when you go in to work, it's a place for YOU to grow and develop your goals. They always surprise their employees with gifts everywhere from candy in the break-room, to free tickets to igloofest or catered dinners.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who lives an adventurous, active lifestyle.
Pros
Goal and development oriented.
Cons
Lots of community events (volunteer hours)
amazing workplace for motivated individuals
Keyleader & Visual Merchandising Leader (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 September 2016
- the culture at lululemon atheletica was the BEST part about working there. I was always feeling inspired at work & it was a very goal orientated workplace. the team as a whole was VERY supportive of your personal goals & work goals.
- management holds the team to a very high standard when working on the floor and handling guests in the store.
-I learned a lot about managing people, which became one of my favourite parts of the job. Holding the team accountable to their roles & giving feedback was a huge part of my day.
-Being the merchandising leader allowed me to learn ALOT on top of the knowledge I had in merchandising and with all the feedback involved in the company it really pushed me to grow into a strong leader and merchandiser.
-hardest part of the job was that sometimes staying on top of all the tasks and duties happening in the role and inside the store was hard. we were expected to do a lot outside of work hours which at times was overwhelming.
Pros
higher starting pay than typical retail stores, wearing the comfiest clothes everyday, the people are inspiring, atmosphere of the store is very positive
Cons
expected to work outside of work a lot and not being compensated enough for all the duties we had.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
Fun place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2016
Bad management
Good work culture
no job security
constantly changing minds
People are very good and treat you well
nice location
Good contract rates
low Perm
Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
Very productive workplace and Fun environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 August 2016
Good working environment especially the managers and the other employees. Managers tend to be rough on you at the start however, they tend to let you off once the job has gone down
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lululemon Athletica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2