Lululemon Athletica

Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
Great work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2017
Awesome work environment, lots of development opportunities, great culture of visions and goals. Great benefits package and ability to incorporate fitness into your career.
Fun work place
Team Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2017
The culture and long term vision lululemon is creating does not compare to any other company I have been fortunate to work with. The fun and positive work environment is great.
Pros
Workout benefits
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.
Amaaazzinngg work experience
Educator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
No words can express how amazing this company is. I've worked many customer service/retail positions before, but never had a company so genuinely interested in my work/life balance and personal development. It's not all about business when you go in to work, it's a place for YOU to grow and develop your goals. They always surprise their employees with gifts everywhere from candy in the break-room, to free tickets to igloofest or catered dinners.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who lives an adventurous, active lifestyle.
Pros
Goal and development oriented.
Cons
Lots of community events (volunteer hours)
Fun place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2016
Bad management
Good work culture
no job security
constantly changing minds
People are very good and treat you well
nice location
Good contract rates
low Perm
amazing workplace for motivated individuals
Keyleader & Visual Merchandising Leader (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 September 2016
- the culture at lululemon atheletica was the BEST part about working there. I was always feeling inspired at work & it was a very goal orientated workplace. the team as a whole was VERY supportive of your personal goals & work goals.
- management holds the team to a very high standard when working on the floor and handling guests in the store.
-I learned a lot about managing people, which became one of my favourite parts of the job. Holding the team accountable to their roles & giving feedback was a huge part of my day.
-Being the merchandising leader allowed me to learn ALOT on top of the knowledge I had in merchandising and with all the feedback involved in the company it really pushed me to grow into a strong leader and merchandiser.
-hardest part of the job was that sometimes staying on top of all the tasks and duties happening in the role and inside the store was hard. we were expected to do a lot outside of work hours which at times was overwhelming.
Pros
higher starting pay than typical retail stores, wearing the comfiest clothes everyday, the people are inspiring, atmosphere of the store is very positive
Cons
expected to work outside of work a lot and not being compensated enough for all the duties we had.
Great company with a great culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 December 2016
This company has it all. Great people, great culture, room to grow, always expanding and evolving and therefore the people will always be engaged and interested.
Best Company Ever
Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
Lululemon is by far the best company I've ever worked for. They truly care about the development of their employees. Their style of coaching prepares you for success no matter if your future lays within the company or not.
nice people to work with
Educator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 January 2017
cool place to work, they try to push you to your goals, and they're great to talk to! enjoyable, loveable people, although there is a cult like feeling to the workplace.
awful, cult like
Educator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 January 2017
I hated working for this company. it was the worst experience I have ever had. I was treated poorly and bullied. I tell everyone to stay away.
My Introduction to Management
Educator (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
Lake Joseph Yacht Club (LJYC) was a very enjoyable work environment. I spent 5 years as an instructor and 4 as a student. The program required constant revision annually as the students, parents and instructor’s mindset changed drastically during my time there. As a student you can direct your attention to learning the skills of sailing and developing or attend for the fun and leisure. As an instructor it was often hard to balance the two tasks and complete your job to the satisfaction of parents, students and management.

During my time with the organization, LJYC required much more attention and innovation to keep up with the needs of the students and the development of the Canadian Sailing Program. It is my understanding when I left that they were on the right path to achieving that structure.
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
Working for lululemon was great but the was little to no flexibility in scheduling. Otherwise it had a good work environment.
Pros
Good pay, nice people, pretty fun job
Cons
long hours sitting down, schedules are not flexible
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2016
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive. Good fitness perks, discount on clothing, can be fun culture depending on which team you join
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Segregated culture, good employees do not get rewarded while incompetent or poor leaders get promoted
Fun and challenging work environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2012
A typical day at work involves learning about the products and talking to guests about them. Lululemon is a lifestyle brand so it encourages its employees and guests to be active, especially in yoga and running. In many ways, working at Lululemon will influence your life outside of work and what you do with your time in terms of personal fitness goals. The hardest part of the job was finding balance and not dedicating all 24 hours of the day to your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning productive retail strategies that value integrity, and doing so in an environment with great co-workers.
Pros
health benefits, environment, development opportunities
Cons
inconsistent shift hours (working back to back closing shifts and opening shifts)
Very productive workplace and Fun environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 August 2016
Good working environment especially the managers and the other employees. Managers tend to be rough on you at the start however, they tend to let you off once the job has gone down
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Great working environment - low compinsation
Digital Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2014
My coworkers and manager are supportive in all ways. I feel very connected to our guests and love working with people. There is room for advancement if you are patient and hard working.

The compensation is low - you do this job because you love it.
Be prepared for things not to happen right away. If needed, a mind for innovation and working your way around slow processes is an asset.
Pros
Yoga
Cons
Low pay

4.2