Lululemon Athletica Employee Reviews

Hypocritical company, preaches one thing, does another
Educator (Former Employee) –  Canada14 September 2016
Considering it is a company that preaches being authentic, they prove themselves to be quite the opposite.

Goal focus and goal setting is number one. But only if your goals are directly related to advancing with the company in some way.

Making it about school or a future career could get in the way of a job promotion. It did for me.

I wasn't told about a possible promotion even though I was fully qualified and in the end it went to someone with less experience but no other interests which was good for them.

They pull you in with a decent wage, and benefits which are definitely there but there is a fake-ness to the company that can be hard to deal with.
High paced and rewarding with great people and benefits
EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
There is lots to learn from Lululemon. It is a grat company that treats all of its employees very fairly. It has lots of room for growth but it all comes with more responsibility. It is hard to stand out and there is so many great people around and so few hard metrics. Working there is always a great time and company culture is amazing. The benefits are great and there is very little to complain about.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not many raises
High Energy and Quick Developing Culture/Workplace
Visual Merchandise Lead, Manager, Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work includes people development, fun, and high communication between team members.

I've had the pleasure of working alongside many different visual merchandisers, managers, and have completed many 1:1 trainings with head office coordinators.

The hardest part of my job is knowing to stop working on a display, a serious struggle of a perfectionist. Have to remind myself that "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Da Vinci

The most enjoyable part of my job is training others in what I'm most passionate about - visual merchandising, store design, and styling.
Pros
great benefits, healthy culture, dynamic team members, support in vision and goals
Cons
Not enough hours allocated to visual merchandising.
Amaaazzinngg work experience
Educator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
No words can express how amazing this company is. I've worked many customer service/retail positions before, but never had a company so genuinely interested in my work/life balance and personal development. It's not all about business when you go in to work, it's a place for YOU to grow and develop your goals. They always surprise their employees with gifts everywhere from candy in the break-room, to free tickets to igloofest or catered dinners.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who lives an adventurous, active lifestyle.
Pros
Goal and development oriented.
Cons
Lots of community events (volunteer hours)
Fun place to work
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2016
Bad management
Good work culture
no job security
constantly changing minds
People are very good and treat you well
nice location
Good contract rates
low Perm
amazing workplace for motivated individuals
Keyleader & Visual Merchandising Leader (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 September 2016
- the culture at lululemon atheletica was the BEST part about working there. I was always feeling inspired at work & it was a very goal orientated workplace. the team as a whole was VERY supportive of your personal goals & work goals.
- management holds the team to a very high standard when working on the floor and handling guests in the store.
-I learned a lot about managing people, which became one of my favourite parts of the job. Holding the team accountable to their roles & giving feedback was a huge part of my day.
-Being the merchandising leader allowed me to learn ALOT on top of the knowledge I had in merchandising and with all the feedback involved in the company it really pushed me to grow into a strong leader and merchandiser.
-hardest part of the job was that sometimes staying on top of all the tasks and duties happening in the role and inside the store was hard. we were expected to do a lot outside of work hours which at times was overwhelming.
Pros
higher starting pay than typical retail stores, wearing the comfiest clothes everyday, the people are inspiring, atmosphere of the store is very positive
Cons
expected to work outside of work a lot and not being compensated enough for all the duties we had.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2016
Working for lululemon was great but the was little to no flexibility in scheduling. Otherwise it had a good work environment.
Pros
Good pay, nice people, pretty fun job
Cons
long hours sitting down, schedules are not flexible
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 March 2016
Not as cool to work for the company than what you perceive. Good fitness perks, discount on clothing, can be fun culture depending on which team you join
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Segregated culture, good employees do not get rewarded while incompetent or poor leaders get promoted
Warehouse tasks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 December 2015
The company is great. The benefits, cultures and fun to work but I want to utilize my knowledge in health care field.I want to earn more than I am earning at the warehouse because I need to pay my student loans.
Very productive workplace and Fun environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 August 2016
Good working environment especially the managers and the other employees. Managers tend to be rough on you at the start however, they tend to let you off once the job has gone down
golf
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2015
great company, they treated their employees with respect and praised them when deserved.
There was always something new to learn, with new products coming out daily whether it be about equipment, apparel, or gear always something to be reading.
Fun Company
Educator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta16 September 2015
Lots of potential to move up but must be very involved in out of work activities as well.
Poor management, was young and not capable of leading a team.
Lots of fitness benefits.
Fun and challenging work environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 July 2012
A typical day at work involves learning about the products and talking to guests about them. Lululemon is a lifestyle brand so it encourages its employees and guests to be active, especially in yoga and running. In many ways, working at Lululemon will influence your life outside of work and what you do with your time in terms of personal fitness goals. The hardest part of the job was finding balance and not dedicating all 24 hours of the day to your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning productive retail strategies that value integrity, and doing so in an environment with great co-workers.
Pros
health benefits, environment, development opportunities
Cons
inconsistent shift hours (working back to back closing shifts and opening shifts)
Great working environment - low compinsation
Digital Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2014
My coworkers and manager are supportive in all ways. I feel very connected to our guests and love working with people. There is room for advancement if you are patient and hard working.

The compensation is low - you do this job because you love it.
Be prepared for things not to happen right away. If needed, a mind for innovation and working your way around slow processes is an asset.
Pros
Yoga
Cons
Low pay
Fun and well ballanced work environment
Keyleader and Educator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 February 2014
You come to work, you love everyone that you work with, you love the product, you love the guests. You work to better yourself at work and in your personal life. Advancement and development are constant, people care about you.

You dance, you work, you dance again. Work is fun! Actually!
Pros
complimentary yoga
Cons
retail hours, limited benefits, no sick days
Amazing place to be.
IT store support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2016
This job has the atonamy you want in the work place, with a fun enviroment to encourge the creative juices to flow and with the potental for growth it is a desirable place to work. Being able to talk to all 4000+ employees people around the world was an great way to become punctual about deadlines and fulfill SLA's. The people that are part of this group are amazing the group its filled with talent and diversity with everyone bringing unique skills to the table and a managment team out of this world.
great place but...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 February 2016
liked title ... great company great setup but with poor decision making management and indecent supervisors which make a day's work a lot tougher
Productive and fun workplace.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 April 2013
Lots of area for personal/career development. Co workers are very energetic and fun to work with. In my 3 years I have grown a lot as an individual. The company has also given me many tools to use as I progress further into my career.
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
hours
Focused on Developing Employees
Educator, Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2015
Great company to work for. Retail doesn't allow for much in terms of job/ hours security. Good environment and great staff. Great benefits if interested.
Fun atmosphere and community driven!
Educator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2016
Great work environment, was able to build long lasting relationships with community and customers. Best job of my life!

4.3