Lucky Strike Employee Reviews

Productive & expected to be on my toes
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2016
A daily routine that I would perform at this job is food inventory, prep, cooking, and helping out fellow colleagues get the job done. Since working in such a popular location I have developed skills that would be to my advantage when working in a fast pace environment. I am very confident in my job performance and see a lot of recognition from management as well as co workers. I enjoy this job and love that I am gaining even more experience rather than just line cook. I am learning more responsibility and forcing myself to practice critical thinking since independent working is the type of position I was hired for.
family oriented company
Executive Chef, Corporate Trainer, Sous Chef, (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX, Houston, TX, Miami, FlSeptember 23, 2013
Lucky Strike was the best company I worked for. A normal day was doing the prep list, line check, ordering, scheduling and running shifts. Most of our business came from banquets and events which were always fun to do. I learn how to manage people and manage a kitchen. The hardest part of working was actually making the transition from hourly employee to salaried management. The best part of the job was I got to travel and see a lot of places I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
pay isnt that great
Best co workers i could ask for
Server (Former Employee) –  illinois stSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at lucky strike started with setting our stations up before opening. I flipped over so many bar stools and chairs i gained some upper body strength.We typically had party reservations to set up for which consisted of extra signage plates napkins and depending on the package soda pitchers or balloons. My co-workers became my friends and we worked together so well, laughed about our mess ups and encouraged each other. The hardest part of my job is are customers who no matter how you try or how great the service was simply was unamused or grateful. I strive to make my tables happy and comfortable. I love people and meeting new people, our lives are so interesting and it's such a pleasure to hear all walks of life and be a part of peoples specials moments.
Pros
great workers
Cons
poor management
14 bowling lanes and also 3 pool tables and of course the resturant
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 20, 2013
set up for the upcoming parties or resevations .
i learned to be patient with people and make them happy .
without management the place will all go down cause if your management go down or doesn't have the people skills the place will b in kaos.
the hardest part of the job is when you get in the weeds u ask for help and if you don't just leave the situation get help from co-workers or management ...
the most important part to me is statifaction that the client was happy and they give an extra tip because my service was great .
Pros
free bowling and get to meet famous people sometimes .
Cons
can't take pictures with those famous people we get to meet .
Productive and fun workplace, friendly staff and managers.
dish washer (Former Employee) –  westminster, scJuly 31, 2015
on a typical day I would spray down all dishes run them through sanitizing water, then through a sanitizing machine, also sometimes busing the tables.
Pros
employees got discounted drinks and food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2012
I started as a unit manager and was given the opportunity to work my way to the general manager postion with in three years. The owner of the company treats all the employees like family. It is the restaurant and bar industry so there are a lot of hours, but it is a great company to work for!
benefits
Cons
work holidays
FUN PLACE TO WORK AT
Line cook / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
THIS PLACE IS GOOD FOR SOME ONE THAT STILL LIVES AT HOME. THERE HOURS OF WORK ALWAYS GO UP AND DOWN
THIS WOULD BE GOOD FOR A PART TIME JOB ONLY
Pros
FUN PLACE
Cons
BAD ATTITUDE CHEF
Fun Family environment
Event Supervisor/Event Server (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 7, 2014
It is a very fun place to work. All the employees are very friendly! Always very welcoming when guests the building. I am in charge of running events at times but the transition of going from server to supervisor comes very easily to me. I can adjust as need to my environment to make sure things are done right. The hardest part of my job is constantly having to clean up some people. Just because they are in a hurry to get home they think its ok to leave a mess for someone else to clean up for them. My managers are very flexible with the full time schedule of a parent and student. They try and make everyone happy as much as possible.
Pros
great people, free game play, discounted food
Cons
not many hours to work
Security
Security guard (Former Employee) –  birminghamFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work was observing shop floor.
I learnt to keep my eyes open and keep an eye on everybody.
The hardest part of my job was the time as it was very boring.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to meet new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
time consuming
Large entertainment complex suitable for private and corporate events
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2013
This is the perfect solution to the old and tired bowling alley from the 1950's. With modern furniture and appointments the environment touts a myriad of oversized big screens showing all of your favorite sporting events while bowling. The experience is enhanced by full service provided by waiters and waitresses who are available throughout your time on the lanes. On the weekends they have live DJs spinning the latest hits in a safe and fun environment.
The menu is a Haute appetizer menu which will amaze the most avid diner.
Good for a college job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2013
Poor management. Poor customer service. Not a good place to work. Very stressful with minimum pay.
Higher End Bowling alley
Food Server (Former Employee) –  bellevueNovember 2, 2012
Working at lucky strike I have learned everything abot a bowling alley. A new cocktail and food menu brought a challenge to all the servers. The general manager is great as well as all the supervisors, All the staff is plesent to work with. Just wish they offered more hours in stead of giving every one part time. Alot of large partys during the day and then a night club at night.
Pros
free bowling
Cons
not enough available hours
Productive and fun place with bowling alley, bar, restaurant, pool tables, ping pong.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  San Fransisco, CaliforniaNovember 22, 2013
Pros
70% off food, work uniform purchase.
Cons
little to no chance of accessing healthcare.
fun work environment
Server/bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 5, 2014
poeple come to lucky strike to have a good time. its good to see poeple having a good time it makes it so you have a good time ecspecially while you are working
Nice Place
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2012
Good place to work, people are friendly and the owner's are nice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can get really busy
Great work environment
Customer Service/ Host (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 29, 2013
Busy, learned to multitask many different job related tasks.
Fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2013
Fast paced and high volume. Fun to be apart of the ball park neighborhood

2.8