Lucky Brand Employee Reviews

Management wasn't very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockyview, Alberta19 November 2017
The work itself wasn't bad. My coworkers were great, management was good until i put in my resignation. I felt i was treated very poorly. I quit as i was making a positive change in my life and attending college.
Productive and valuable
Sales (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 October 2017
This was my first true sales job and I had the opportunity to learn so much. I learnt the importance of building relationships with others and how valuable teamwork is.
Pros
Staff discount on clothing
Cons
not many work hours
Could of been better
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2017
Not the best place to work at... Other sales associates steal your sales and there for you are not making your goal. Which leads to not ger hours at all.
A fantastic company!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 July 2017
Hands down best retail company to work for. They really look after their employees, all about creating a happy job/work life balance. They believe in everyone and there are so many opportunities to grow within.
Good for Students
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
have to continue to up-sell to customers
sometimes there are not a lot of hours since its not well known in canada yet
assistant managers are great
the discount is pretty great
Pros
discount is great
Cons
no hours
welcoming place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2017
Working with this company was great, my co-worker were nice. The company can take good care of their workers. The place is welcoming, and great environment to work.
Pros
discount on any prushes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 February 2017
Manager was a bit bossy, but understanding.
Assistant manager was really bossy, and strict and had high expectations for a new employee.
Team members were really friendly and helped me slowly adjust to a new workplace.
I worked for 9 hours during boxing day, and they only gave me a 30 minute break. I started at 2PM that day, and only got my break at around 7:30PM.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks; no breaks for a four hour shift
Wonderful place to be employed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
Very easy-going atmosphere which creates a calming and inviting environment for customers to shop. I was able to pick up new skills in order to sell while being genuine and sincere.
Pros
Great discount and friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced and competitive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON22 November 2016
Lucky Brand is very consumer driven and maintains a focus on customer service while driving sales. The environment is competitive and quick paced. Product knowledge is emphasized and each associate is able to do a needs assessment and provide suggestions based off of their product knowledge. Employees are given autonomy to make decisions to best service the customer.
Pros
Employee empowerment
Cons
Extremely competitive
wonderful atmosphere, fun place to work and very productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2016
In my position as a Sales Associate, I assist customers in finding what they need, I also provide them with information about our products. I also help to keep the store clean and organized. I operate the cash register to complete the point of sale transaction. My coworkers and managers are the best. The most enjoyable part about this job is being able to satisfy the customers in providing them with what they want.
Great Discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC7 October 2016
Awesome place to work and grow. You are required to stand long periods of time and with no mats its painful. They give you a sales goal although they're not a commission based company they push you to make sales.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours of standing
I loved this store
Demin Expert (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 September 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Lucky Brand
Its a shame they closed their doors in Quebec
I loved the jeans the silks and the music.
Great atmosphere
Challenging but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB30 July 2016
typical day included, messy fitting rooms, folding clothes, and cash registers
i learned how to fold clothes fast and neatly and also learnt how to work in a really fast paced environment
Management was good had good laughs. always on time
Co workers were fantastic. didn't have a problem with any of them. we were all very close in age
Hardest part of the job would have to be difficult customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is when you got a customer that looked good in everything you put them in.
Great Selling Culture and Specialised Store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2016
This is a great place to advance your selling and customer relationship skills. The culture is about building and understanding that customer connection to really delve into thier needs and what they are looking for.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 March 2016
I enjoyed my time working for the company. I learned alot of new things and got to meet some really cool people.Overall, I'd definitely come to work for lucky again.
Good team
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
Great place to work, learned lots while working there. team was friendly. Willing to come back and grow with the company.
BEST company I have ever worked for!!
Third Key Holder, Team Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2016
This is a company that does everything right. Employees are treated like individuals instead of just another "number". Management is very flexible with vacation and salary demands.
Pros
Attentive management
Productive and rewarding workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
Lucky Brand Jeans cares about its people and the value of the company. The company invests highly in its management for their retail lines and it shows. My managers were very understanding and supportive during my tenure at Yorkdale location. Every team member were selected carefully to complement the store, team, and the brand image itself.

One thing to note is, although there is no commission, meeting store's targets are very important on a regular basis and management emphasizes on that regard heavily. If you perform well, you will be rewarded with more hours and company's prizes.
Pros
Excellent management, competitive benefits
A retail company that actually provides useful training!
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2015
Starting with this company back in 2012, I didn't have much retail experience on my back. However, the training that was provided to me was exceptionally useful for me in regards to customer service and continuously having goals set for the day; whether it was personal goals or goals for the team/company itself. You worked hard , but it was well paid off.
Pros
Good management, great training.
Cons
Not enough pay/hours.
Key holder
Sales Lead & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2015
Enjoyed working for Lucky Brand Jeans. The staff was fun, you got to build a relationship with clients & have fun at work.

I would recommend working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lucky Brand. Our community is ready to answer.