Lucky Brand Jeans

Lucky Brand Jeans Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 8, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: lack of benefits, poor pay
Great place to work as a sales associate, nothing more. Once I was promoted to management it opened my eyes to the real issues and opportunities else where.
Horrible!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 13, 2013
This company is very disorganized and unprofessional. They lack ethics or desire to see their employees develop their careers. I would not recommend this job for any one even though the employee discount is great and the clothes are beautiful.
Williamsbur Merchants
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAApril 7, 2013
Great first job, had ever since i was 13. Learned a lot of customer service and values with dealing with all different types of people.
Laid Back Enviornment
Part Time Supervisor / Head of Visuals (Former Employee), Westlake, OHApril 7, 2013
Pros: learning and growing with my skills
Lucky Brand Jeans has opened my eyes into retail. I am extremely happy to have worked for this company. Lucky Brand was one of my best work experiences. My management position at Lucky Brand was wonderful due to the whole enviornment of the store. I was lucky enough to express my fashion style throughout the store by being the lead in visuals. Visuals – more... taught me how to conduct a floorset and assign my coworkers to work as a team together. This was tough yet a pleasure for me, due to my love for challenges. – less
Fun.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2013
With the right management team, the store was on its full potential. After a new manager came in, the store went downhill. DM was not reliabel and didn't keep her word on a lot of things. She always sided with manager without caring what supervisors or associates had to say.
Lots of experience with Lucky
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), N/AFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses/prizes/incentives/large discounts/free clothing(contests)/paid meals
Cons: high pressure
I have a lot of experience working with Lucky Brand. Starting in 2008-2009 before they became corporate (Liz Claiborne/now Fifth and Pacific), and now again w/ the company for the past year. I have learned few monumental things that I will pass on:

1) It is all about management. Who your manager is and who their manager is. If these two people are – more... committed and motivating, the job is wonderful. I have however been in this job with the opposite, and it was miserable.

2) Organization throughout the company isn't always on par. I know this is to be expected when dealing with a large business, but the expectations of us employees and part of management are sometimes slightly unreasonable. It's not hard work necessarily, just lots of tasking work which needs to get done within a VERY short time frame.

**Lucky Brand has really impressed me within the past 8 months. The incentives and motivation given from corporate really shows that they KNOW to run a good business, and starts and stays with happy employees! – less
A ranch style denim company with vintage accessories.
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great team and great management.
Cons: lack of hours.
I receive and process shipment. I fold, hang and stack merchandise on fixtures and shelves by size and style. I learned how to properly arrange merchandise to conserve space and improve my organizational skills. My co-workers were easy to train and work with. The hardest part of the job is working with little time to complete shipment and other assignments. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is visual merchandising and reorganizing the stockroom. – less
Has really great management
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 10, 2012
Lucky is super laid back! Really a great company, Advancement is nearly impossible though. They usually only hire store managers from outside the company. I am a supervisor and I like it, but I just don't see myself going anywhere.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2012
Love working at Lucky Brand. Staff is amazing to work with. I love see all the new styles that come out each season. I've learned a lot about style working here.
Hardworking Sales Representative
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Lucky Brand Jeans is a great store, i loved working there. The fashion and the music they played in the store made me feel comfortable. A typical day at work would be fantastic customer service. I would help customers to find just what they were looking for. Each day I had sales goals and my managers always was there to tell me good job or give me helpful – more... tips. When no one needed assistance I would tidy up the store. The hardest part about the job was that not many people shopped at Lucky because it was so pricey, so for each customer who came in I had to try my best to get them what they wanted so i could reach my sale goal for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and interacting with the customers. – less
Fun and energetic place where jeans are your life
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: high expectations
Lucky Brand Jeans has a wonderful environment to work in. Your store becomes your team and friends. Any management position is hard but it is a great challenge.
Friendly environment
Sales (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: great discount on clothes!
Cons: can be a bit competitive with high sales goals/
Co-workers and I establish a personal relationship as well as professional. We are friendly, accepting, and open to improvement suggestions. My lengthy experience and loyalty to the company has given me stability, success, and confidence that I am a reliable team member.
Fun and easy going employee's to work with
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2012
Working here just increased my ability to sale and give 100% customer service to every customer.
Fun place to work and good people
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible scheule, generous discount
Cons: depending on store. low hours, little advancement
When you mix great people with a fun atmosphere and good quality products its a win-win. If you work hard you're recognized and it pays off.
Great place to work if you love selling
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 16, 2012
Working at Lucky gave me the confidence in my own selling ability. It was the first Store Manager position I ever had and I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of.
Growth form within
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 15, 2012
When I worked for Luckybrand it was still a very new and growing company. We were givin the challenge to build the intial cliental base and grow the company.

I started out as a full time key holder and was later promoted to Assistant manger based off of my success with training our associates. During this time I created a Loss Prevention training guied – more... and well as a customer service traing tool. Because of these tolls our store broke company records for most customer complinments recieved each year.

The most challenging aspect of the job came when the economy first turned upside down and we had to make sudden changes to keep the store afloat. I had to let go of 50% of our staff and cut the benifits for the rest of them. These conversations were not easy but through extensive training from my managers I was able to hold these conversations with much sympathy while still making sure the companies needs were met. – less
great discount
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee), boston,maJuly 17, 2012
Pros: discount!!!!!
Cons: boston area dm is hard to work for.
great company with attention payed to development. There is a huge selling culture with pressure to make numbers.
Small corporate org
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2012
Lucky is a small a small corporate environment in which you easily can get exposure to upper management. The new Los Angeles headquarters is a beautiful and comfortable building to work in.
There is hardly a life/work balance as they are usually understaffed.
No Structure, No training, No support
Management (Former Employee), Crocker ParkJune 24, 2012
Pros: showed me what not to look for in a job.
Cons: everything else.
This company is so far from being a great retail outfit. Go back to wholesale, its what you did best. Most enjoyable part of the job was giving my notice.
fun outgoing company with good mission statement
Pt Supervisor (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 7, 2012
it was nice company to work for. they showed that they cared fro employess by making up great contests to allow staff to learn more and advance in the company with also being compensated in some way.

About Lucky Brand Jeans

Who knew you could find religion just by throwing open the doors to your closet? True Religion Apparel designs and markets upscale – Read more