Lucky Brand Jeans

Lucky Brand Jeans Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2013
I enjoyed working at Lucky Brand Jeans. Helping customers meet their fashion needs, while meeting sales goals made for a great employment experience.
Catering to the customers needs, and multi-item selling were a few of the skills I improved while employed at Lucky Brand Jeans.
Having the proper inventory in stock was one of the challenges I faced while – more... at Lucky, and helping customers get the look they were trying to achieve and experiencing their excitement was my favorite thing about my sales position at Lucky Brand. – less
Change
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 27, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, new manager, sales being stolen
The company is going through a lot of changes and i feel that most of theses changes arent for the best. People are losing jobs, customers are complaining about how the products arent the same as before etc.
Laid back work environment
Visual Support/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: fun, laid back, great people, great discounts
Cons: short breaks, not enough customers, very numbers driven
Lucky Brand was a great company to work for, and I was very lucky to work with the people there. We went through quite a few management changes in the short time that I was there, but the store was always running fairly smoothly.
At this job I learned how to follow visual directives given by corporate and how to substitute and improvise when the directives – more... don't match up to our stores inventory.
The hardest part of the job was that although we didn't receive commission, all of the sales associates had numbers and goals to make and these goals were instrumental to make, because not reaching them could lead to termination. The problem with this was that on most days, there were more sales associates than customers in the store. It was hard to make goal with minimal foot traffic, and to be pitted against each other in getting sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the great co-workers and managers I had, and being able to help with the visuals and floor plans in the store. – less
Slow, unsteady, unsatisfying,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: location, helping people
Cons: lack of hours, slow days
Take new stock in and scan it in to the POS system for stocking. Fold and stock the clothing that has been entered into the system. Help customers find exactly what they are looking for i.e. The right fit, The right size and The right color or wash. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they are looking for. The hardest – more... part of the job was the lack of hours and the slow days. – less
Completely delightful management and staff with whom to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), 1865 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MDJune 1, 2013
Pros: incredibly fun, articulate, bright and sensitive staff.
Cons: parttime with no benefits
From my first day of work, I was provided with extensive knowledge of the Lucky Brand products, as well as very innovative and helpful tips to create a great sale. Building relationships with customers was encouraged, and again, useful tips were presented to me. My successes were always acknowledged which was certainly a self-esteem builder. My errors – more... were always approached with complete respect and with a kind review of store ethics. The hardest part of my job was climbing a twenty foot ladder to retrieve a particular size or wash for a customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interaction with clients of all ethnic backgrounds, ages and interests. No day was ever the same which made going to work something I look forward to. I have a passion for fashion and the Lucky Brand products are of such fine quality. – less
Outgoing setting, encourages team work and independence
Part Time Sale Associate (Current Employee), FriscoMay 30, 2013
Pros: flexible, life balanced
Cons: retail politics
Good company to work for, great co workers and management team
Great work place and loved the management team
Sales Manger (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaMay 8, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: music playlist
The Phipps location was a great experience. I loved the people I worked with(some) and I couldn't have asked for a better store manager. A typical day was filled with many different situations that kept you on your feet and you learned how to handle any situation that came your way with ease, even under the most difficult of situations. The hardest – more... part was having to deal with the music. Sometimes it didn't always play the greatest of music, but even still, it was a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. – less
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMay 8, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: lack of benefits, poor pay
Great place to work as a sales associate, nothing more. Once I was promoted to management it opened my eyes to the real issues and opportunities else where.
Horrible!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 13, 2013
This company is very disorganized and unprofessional. They lack ethics or desire to see their employees develop their careers. I would not recommend this job for any one even though the employee discount is great and the clothes are beautiful.
Williamsbur Merchants
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAApril 7, 2013
Great first job, had ever since i was 13. Learned a lot of customer service and values with dealing with all different types of people.
Laid Back Enviornment
Part Time Supervisor / Head of Visuals (Former Employee), Westlake, OHApril 7, 2013
Pros: learning and growing with my skills
Lucky Brand Jeans has opened my eyes into retail. I am extremely happy to have worked for this company. Lucky Brand was one of my best work experiences. My management position at Lucky Brand was wonderful due to the whole enviornment of the store. I was lucky enough to express my fashion style throughout the store by being the lead in visuals. Visuals – more... taught me how to conduct a floorset and assign my coworkers to work as a team together. This was tough yet a pleasure for me, due to my love for challenges. – less
Fun.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2013
With the right management team, the store was on its full potential. After a new manager came in, the store went downhill. DM was not reliabel and didn't keep her word on a lot of things. She always sided with manager without caring what supervisors or associates had to say.
Lots of experience with Lucky
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), N/AFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: bonuses/prizes/incentives/large discounts/free clothing(contests)/paid meals
Cons: high pressure
I have a lot of experience working with Lucky Brand. Starting in 2008-2009 before they became corporate (Liz Claiborne/now Fifth and Pacific), and now again w/ the company for the past year. I have learned few monumental things that I will pass on:

1) It is all about management. Who your manager is and who their manager is. If these two people are – more... committed and motivating, the job is wonderful. I have however been in this job with the opposite, and it was miserable.

2) Organization throughout the company isn't always on par. I know this is to be expected when dealing with a large business, but the expectations of us employees and part of management are sometimes slightly unreasonable. It's not hard work necessarily, just lots of tasking work which needs to get done within a VERY short time frame.

**Lucky Brand has really impressed me within the past 8 months. The incentives and motivation given from corporate really shows that they KNOW to run a good business, and starts and stays with happy employees! – less
A ranch style denim company with vintage accessories.
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great team and great management.
Cons: lack of hours.
I receive and process shipment. I fold, hang and stack merchandise on fixtures and shelves by size and style. I learned how to properly arrange merchandise to conserve space and improve my organizational skills. My co-workers were easy to train and work with. The hardest part of the job is working with little time to complete shipment and other assignments. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is visual merchandising and reorganizing the stockroom. – less
Has really great management
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 10, 2012
Lucky is super laid back! Really a great company, Advancement is nearly impossible though. They usually only hire store managers from outside the company. I am a supervisor and I like it, but I just don't see myself going anywhere.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2012
Love working at Lucky Brand. Staff is amazing to work with. I love see all the new styles that come out each season. I've learned a lot about style working here.
Hardworking Sales Representative
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: short breaks
Lucky Brand Jeans is a great store, i loved working there. The fashion and the music they played in the store made me feel comfortable. A typical day at work would be fantastic customer service. I would help customers to find just what they were looking for. Each day I had sales goals and my managers always was there to tell me good job or give me helpful – more... tips. When no one needed assistance I would tidy up the store. The hardest part about the job was that not many people shopped at Lucky because it was so pricey, so for each customer who came in I had to try my best to get them what they wanted so i could reach my sale goal for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and interacting with the customers. – less
Fun and energetic place where jeans are your life
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great discounts
Cons: high expectations
Lucky Brand Jeans has a wonderful environment to work in. Your store becomes your team and friends. Any management position is hard but it is a great challenge.
Friendly environment
Sales (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: great discount on clothes!
Cons: can be a bit competitive with high sales goals/
Co-workers and I establish a personal relationship as well as professional. We are friendly, accepting, and open to improvement suggestions. My lengthy experience and loyalty to the company has given me stability, success, and confidence that I am a reliable team member.
Fun and easy going employee's to work with
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2012
Working here just increased my ability to sale and give 100% customer service to every customer.

About Lucky Brand Jeans

Who knew you could find religion just by throwing open the doors to your closet? True Religion Apparel designs and markets upscale – Read more