Lucky Brand Jeans

Lucky Brand Jeans Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and busy place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: 50% employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
Lucky brand jeans is a busy place to work which I loved. I love to shop for jeans which made it better for me to work for. Ive learned different type and cuts of jeans. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful as well as the management team. Ive enjoyed working with my co-workers because we all helped one another. Sometimes I had to bring in shipment – more... alone which made it difficult at times. – less
Elite Retail Experience
Floor Supervisor/ Operations Manager (Current Employee), Gilroy, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: valuable learning experience
Cons: preformance based hours (not consistant) on call 24/7
Wonderful company yet very demanding. The pay is higher then most clothing retailers but the expectations for sales and metrics is very high. You have to be a retail rockstar to be successful. Great customers make up for added stress of performance expectations and customer. Product is amazing and sells itself.
Comfortable, flexible work environment with outstanding management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 28, 2014
Pros: store discount, company paid lunches on special occasions, incentives (free denim).
Cons: short shifts (good for college students, bad if you need money).
At Lucky Brand, associates are assigned personal sales goals. To meet these goals, it is important to keep a fun, friendly, and interactive environment with the customer. I've learned to professionally fit, style, and engage customers while keeping them completely comfortable. The hardest part of the job would be having to sell two items per transaction – more... (because it is a more luxury/casual store). What I enjoyed most was interacting with managers, and fellow employees. Also, styling customers is by far my favorite thing to do. – less
Really enjoy working here, BUT...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southern California, USAApril 13, 2014
Pros: laid back company, management
Cons: short breaks, scheduling, pay.
Working here is really fun and laid back. But there are some problems regarding their merchandise and business.

Two great things: Women's apparel is great! Just wish we had an equal ratio of sizes though. The children's clothes are really cute! Boy's clothes do need some upgrading. But overall it's great! Now have expanded their sizes, which is awesome.

Some – more... problems:
Needs more variety in the menswear: especially the denim. We always get men who want a skinny jean. Also needs more wash/style/ color variety in denim and in apparel.

Scheduling is terrible. Might only work two days if you are lucky (no pun intended). Always Four hour days...if you want a 20+ hour a week job, This one is not recommended.

Breaks: Too short. You'll be lucky if you get a lunch break. (meaning if you work more than 6 hours) – less
Great place to work.
Store manager (Current Employee), Monterey caMarch 19, 2014
I absolutey love my Job with Lucky Brand, The DM's are so involved. Outstanding place to work for.
love the selling culture
Key Holder (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: 50% off anything in the store
Really a great place to work. A typical day at work in management includes overseeing the sales floor and pushing volume. Co-workers have been mostly great. The most difficult thing to get used to here for me was the coaching. They are really big on figuring out what you could've done to make the sale better.
Eventful day in retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, NYFebruary 26, 2014
-Achieved a daily average of $1000 of sales revenue. Constantly top tier sales associate during time of employment.
-Worked in a very diverse and chaotic location. Having a diverse international set of customers.
-Provided efficient customer service, inventory, and pricing reconciliation.
Great boutique style place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: management wasnt the best, but sufficed for what it was.
I truly enjoyed working for this company, I felt I was able to take what I learned from the Gap and really utilize them. Doing task like floor sets and executing all the visual displays throughout the work time was great.
Large company but management treated people as equals
Colorist/Print Specialist (Former Employee), Vernon, CAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great samples for free!
Cons: the economy was not the best at this time, so they had to let me go. that's the only true con!
Working at Lucky Brand was probably the best job experience I've ever had. I worked with such creative individuals. The owners were very appreciative and thoughtful. They recognized everyone's hard work. I had the opportunity to work closely with many categories including Men's, Women's and Accessories.
Fun funky place with vibrant personalities!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pentagon City, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: spent a lot of money on clothing!
Almost every two weeks a new style would arrive in the store. Along with the other managers we would style up the mannequins and show off our work in our huge window displays. The company provided a blue print of display ideas with props which were a lot of fun to use i.e A directors chair, seashells and driftwood! I learned a lot on how to style men – more... and women here. I learned how to layer and how to add accessories accordingly. My favorite part was all the dressing up we did to learn about the product! The hardest part of the job was being able to – less
Productive and Team-Oriented
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2014
Learned the gift of persuasion, Sales goals, how to find items unique to each customer, and how to take control and operate a company.

Fun environment
Good people and good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: people, discount, not very stressful
Cons: mandatory inventory/floor sets, pay
Made good friends working at Lucky Brand. Pay typical of retail sales, but generous discount. Great managers, I still keep in touch with a few even 4 years later.
New and exciting
Part Time Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2014
love the diversity and culture. i love meeting new people everyday
Productive and Fun work enviorment
sales associate (Current Employee), long island, new yorkJanuary 8, 2014
Lucky Brand Jeans is a great company to work for in many ways. They have great employees, great management, and great overall work culture!
My day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: easy going down to earth company; bonuses
A typical day at work would be engaging with customers and making friends. At Lucky we find out customers lifestyles to suggest attire that suits their life on the go or at home. You never stop learning. We have a pretty good team of associates and management who keep everything running smoothly. The hardest part of my job would be making unique conversation – more... and experiences for each person. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it doesnt feel like work sometimes. – less
not very professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 25, 2013
they were never professional and treated everyone different which isnt fair to the other employees
I am not sure if this company still exists anymore.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), McLean, VADecember 12, 2013
They were closing stores when I was working there. The pay was not great and the senior level management seemed very disengaged.
easy going job
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: mall hours
bonuses were poor
expected to continue customer outreach for future sales
Company has great culture, quality clothes and awesome discounts!
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
Working for Lucky Brand was a great experience. It is retail so naturally there will be long hours, unique customers and sometimes thankless efforts from upper management. Thankfully I'm positive so I can handle pressure when dished! District manager and other store managers were very supportive and we seem to have each others backs...especially when – more... stores needed extra people for coverage. – less
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Limerick, PANovember 14, 2013
* Learned to be an expert at selling
* Learned different marketing and promotional techniques
* Management really cares about you and customers
* Co-workers are all nice and help each other out
* Always something to do and learn

About Lucky Brand Jeans

Who knew you could find religion just by throwing open the doors to your closet? True Religion Apparel designs and markets upscale – Read more