F/T Outside Sales Associate
Location: Edmonton or Calgary based, with territory consisting of Alberta.
Salary/Wage: Performance based. Salary plus commissions.
Relevant Work Experience: 2 to 5 Years
Status: Full Time, Employee
Job Category: Sales
Who we are
We are growing again and looking for the right person to join our team. We offer stable long-term employment with the opportunity to grow for the right individual. We are Western Canada’s leading supplier of Natural Animal Health Products. Our products are featured in retail locations from BC to Manitoba. Our on-going goal is to provide the healthiest, most advanced natural pet products available with impeccable customer service.
- Service existing accounts and increase sales volume on all product lines by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential pet food retailers. Travel throughout the province of Alberta is required.
- Working beyond standard working hours when required, as part of the salary.
- Ability to adjust presentation style to the buying needs of the pet food retailer and articulate the benefits of products and proposed deals.
- Focused sales efforts by following company directives, analyzing sales history/buying patterns and identifying suitable products for individual retailers.
- Achieve annual sales targets and ensure success with spontaneous specials.
- Regular face-to-face contacts with existing accounts to ensure customer needs are met. Prompt correspondence with retailers via email or telephone to maximize customer service.
- Merchandise stores and help train sales staff with product knowledge. Evening or weekend training sessions may be required.
- Coordinate efforts with other departments, which include marketing, customer service, accounts receivable, and warehouse operations.
- Keeps sales management apprised of sales activity via various reports (call logs, work plans, territory analysis). Submits reports in a timely, organized manner.
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information, trends, assessing presence, merchandising techniques, etc.
- This position will require you to be driven, self-motivated and goal-oriented, and willing to receive guidance and direction, as you will be the primary link to our prospective and existing clients. Assistance will be provided to you in various ways including prospecting, managing and training with continued support.
Laptop, expense account and company vehicle (for business use) will be provided. Cell phone bills will be reimbursed.
- 2 to 5 years outside sales experience as a field sales representative.
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Determination, initiative and desire to achieve goals are essential.
- Experience in pet food/supply industry an asset.
- Business-like, professional appearance.
- Solid selling, presentation, negotiation and product marketing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Affinity for building client relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Good working computer knowledge in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory.
For immediate consideration. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email resume with subject line F/T Outside Sales Alberta
Indeed - 21 months ago