LoyaltyOne Employee Review

Terrible Work Environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2014
I wonder how a company like this reallt makes it to the top 50 employers of Canada...Oh Wait! I know how! We have a sweet talking CEO that throws in an "awesome" party called a town hall meeting with lots of free food, and right the day after, the employees are provided with a employer evaluation survey.
I worked here for 3 months, and came from a previous corporate background and was tired of being micro-managed by underqualified "managers" or Customer Care Leaders as they would call it.

I was terminated on my last day of a 3-month probation due to a sick leave (documented by a doctors note). Apparently it is not permitted to be sick in this company for the first 3 months. Im still in contact with a lawyer to take this company to court.
Pros
Free coffee, some company events, some good co-workers
Cons
underqualified people playing the role of corporate culprits, politics

Other LoyaltyOne Employee Reviews

Poor work/live balance
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
Before a brutal culture shift and waves of downsizing, this was a wonderful place to work. At the end of the day, you are a number, a headcount, a salary. You won't find any Loyalty here.

When applying for a job here, make sure the job matches the description. Many people find themselves being slotted into a generic role, nothing like what they signed up for. For many newcomers, this place is seen as a career dead-end.

The environment is TOXIC. LoyaltyOne is looking for soldiers to simply follow orders. Innovation is dead at LoyaltyOne, as is their Air Miles reputation.

When you see management at all levels starting to jump ship (the SVP, CFO for example), you have to start wondering about the future of the company.

Work-from-home for corporate positions is allowed in most cases, but frowned on. Some management will actually dictate where you can physically work - that is, heads down work in a meeting room can be frowned upon as well. The level of micro-management depends on the manager, of course.
Pros
swanky downtown office, good people
Cons
work-life balance, dreadful town hall meetings, politics, "pod leadership"
Over stress
Customer Service Representative current (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
Fear based environment keep the front line in pressure , no job security meet the kpo for a quarter , if not you are on action plan ,which is never shared by employees. Worst environment to work. Employees are numbers not humans.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Fear

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LoyaltyOne. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9