LoyaltyOne

LoyaltyOne Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No balance and poor managers
Former Associate (Former Employee), TorontoJune 9, 2014
Pros: business model
Cons: extremely poor leadership from the top down.
Very good business model but expectation is you work long hours consistently and are on call with a blackberry. Many managers are moved into their roles because they did a good job as a non manager, but, they grossly lack leadership skills and are eventually terminated.

There are many pockets in the company that favoritism is glaring. This is most – more... evident in IT, HR, Marketing, International and the Call Centre. This "culture" unfortunately creates a highly dysfunctional working environment. – less
Horrible Place to Work, high turnover
Travel Sales/Communications Advocate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities as promised, low salary
Not the best place to work. God forbid if you get sick, you WILL get fired. There is no easy advancement and it will take you years to get a raise or bonus. I do not recommend this company to anyone looking for a long term position.
At work facilities included a Bistro, Fitness Centre & onsite massages
Manager, Fraud Management (Promoted) (Former Employee), Toronto,ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: excellent meeting culture and a yearly fun day
Cons: new management culture has changed
Excellent culture
Great team work
Management was very hands-on
Enjoyed the Volunteer and green spirit of the company
World class Contact Centre
Last job allowed me to be creative & think outside the box
Poor job culture and management. Little job security.
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: security
Poor job culture and management. Little job security. Amazing co-workers.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Care Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 23, 2014
Strong focus on coaching culture. Good benefits. Excellent work environment. Embraces change.
Dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, dynamic workplace
Cons: too many competing priorities, culture of entitlement
Likely engaging multiple teams to be productive and achieve objectives as there are many cross-functional groups and a very distributed environment.
Management is supportive with career development and make all attempts to follow best practices as advised by industry leading counsel.
Strong collaboration with co-workers but there are challenges in securing – more... adequate resource support due to the overwhelming number of competing priorities. – less
Terrible Work Environment
Customer Care (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee, some company events, some good co-workers
Cons: underqualified people playing the role of corporate culprits, politics
I wonder how a company like this reallt makes it to the top 50 employers of Canada...Oh Wait! I know how! We have a sweet talking CEO that throws in an "awesome" party called a town hall meeting with lots of free food, and right the day after, the employees are provided with a employer evaluation survey.
I worked here for 3 months, and came from a previous – more... corporate background and was tired of being micro-managed by underqualified "managers" or Customer Care Leaders as they would call it.

I was terminated on my last day of a 3-month probation due to a sick leave (documented by a doctors note). Apparently it is not permitted to be sick in this company for the first 3 months. Im still in contact with a lawyer to take this company to court. – less
Avoid working for IT in this company
manager (Former Employee), torontoJuly 17, 2013
Pros: ice cream day
Cons: long hours no recognition rule by fear
Their IT organization is tyrannical. The organization talks about work life balance and family values but does not practice it. They prefer to bring in new management from the outside rather than promote from within so your chances of advancement are zero.

Only the privileged few get any training.

Decisions are based on nepotism in the extreme.

Stay – more... away from this place especially its IT organization – less
Manager (Current Employee), toronto OnFebruary 23, 2013
Early adapters of technology
Process oriented
Great team
Manager (Current Employee), toronto CanadaFebruary 21, 2013
Great place to work.
Exposed to different facets of QA
Great team
early adopters of technology
Seeking for a travel or sales position.
Bilingual Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2012
For the last three years I was working from my home.
I learned how to provide a world class customer service to our clients and I improuved the quality of my insurances sales by beeing among the best salers.
My relationship with my co-workers was always excellent.
The hardest part of my job was the regular changes in the travel industry's policies.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was the work at home program. I was among the pilote team because of my incredible and regular results. – less