LoyaltyOne Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work - if you are in the right dept
Administrative Coordinator, BD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Next to no training. Worked there for 3 weeks before I was fired for not being "intuitive" enough for the boss and knowing her preferences automatically. Expected to be a expert and know everything about the organization and how it operates from the moment you walk in the door. Took a full week before employee card arrived allowing me to use a printer. New employee set up is brutal. Perks are huge though.
Pros
on site gym, cafeteria, pay and benefits
Cons
lots of corporate training but little job training
Career Development is Always Encouraged
Coordinator, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
LoyaltyOne is a company that believes in promoting the talent in which they have already invested. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of company-directed learning opportunities. If an employee wants to improve their communications style, become an expert in Excel or PowerPoint, or advance their career by developing their management style the company has a learning opportunity for you. Do you want a second degree or a professional designation? LoyaltyOne will help you reach all of your goals. You just have to ask!
Productive and fun workplace
Bilingual travel agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 2, 2016
A fun and safe workplace. Co-workers are friendly as well as the management team. High energy workplace that is faced paced.
Good company to work for
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2016
Good opportunity to learn about Loyalty marketing and take on a leadership role. Be sure to keep trying different roles.
Collaborative work culture
Sr Developer/Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Worked with good,innovative and collaborative team to achieve the organization goal.
Learned lots of new technology and tools to complete the project work
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work. Work was sometimes repetitive and mundane but people were friendly and company events were fun.

I wasn't sure where my career growth would go as promotion prospects seemed limited. However, management was open to having your role expand.
Pros
great company culture
Cons
Repetitive work
Great opportunity to learn and great activities like ping pong, pool
Bilingual Premier Lead (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 1, 2015
Working at Airmiles turned out to be a great opportunity to learn and push myself further than I ever did in a job before. My supervisors were always supportive and pushed me to take advantage of the companies job advancement opportunities. I had a great experience working with my colleagues, we were always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was meeting the rigid quarterly requirements but the group of people i worked with made everything lighter and manageable.
Pros
many financial bonuses
Cons
employee turn around
Great Compnay to work for
Kanban Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2015
Company is dedicated and focused on charity and community events.
Great benefits for it's employees
Fun and collaborative environment
Really Great Place to Work
Associate Director, Research & Development (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 4, 2015
LoyaltyOne is a progressive data-driven organization. The associates are driven, hard-working and collaborative. The work is fascinating and fast-paced
Call canter
Customer Service Representative/ Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2014
• TICO Education Standards certified.
• Assisted customers in booking cruises, all-inclusive vacations, Hotel and Car Rentals.
• High KPO’s led to a promotion to the travel department in less than a month of being hired.
• Quickly developed strong understanding of creative marketing and merchandising of vacation packages in order to
sale to customers by using a personable and outgoing characteristics.
• Provided analysis and insight identifying opportunities for clients to maximize the use of Airmiles.
• Used self-motivation to independently exceed minimum weekly goals.
• Coordinated and executed for monthly team building employee events.
No balance and poor managers
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 9, 2014
Very good business model but expectation is you work long hours consistently and are on call with a blackberry. Many managers are moved into their roles because they did a good job as a non manager, but, they grossly lack leadership skills and are eventually terminated.

There are many pockets in the company that favoritism is glaring. This is most evident in IT, HR, Marketing, International and the Call Centre. This "culture" unfortunately creates a highly dysfunctional working environment.
Pros
business model
Cons
extremely poor leadership from the top down.
Great corporate culture!
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
The organization puts a great emphasis on corporate culture and helping the community and being green. There is a lot of collaboration cross-functionally which allows for exposure for different parts of the business.
Pros
work with great clients, socially responsible
Cons
not many opportunities for advancement
Dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Likely engaging multiple teams to be productive and achieve objectives as there are many cross-functional groups and a very distributed environment.
Management is supportive with career development and make all attempts to follow best practices as advised by industry leading counsel.
Strong collaboration with co-workers but there are challenges in securing adequate resource support due to the overwhelming number of competing priorities.
Pros
salary, benefits, dynamic workplace
Cons
too many competing priorities, culture of entitlement
Avoid working for IT in this company
manager (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 17, 2013
Their IT organization is tyrannical. The organization talks about work life balance and family values but does not practice it. They prefer to bring in new management from the outside rather than promote from within so your chances of advancement are zero.

Only the privileged few get any training.

Decisions are based on nepotism in the extreme.

Stay away from this place especially its IT organization
Pros
ice cream day
Cons
long hours no recognition rule by fear
Seeking for a travel or sales position.
Bilingual Travel Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2012
For the last three years I was working from my home.
I learned how to provide a world class customer service to our clients and I improuved the quality of my insurances sales by beeing among the best salers.
My relationship with my co-workers was always excellent.
The hardest part of my job was the regular changes in the travel industry's policies.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work at home program. I was among the pilote team because of my incredible and regular results.
At work facilities included a Bistro, Fitness Centre & onsite massages
Manager, Fraud Management (Promoted) (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ONMarch 31, 2014
Excellent culture
Great team work
Management was very hands-on
Enjoyed the Volunteer and green spirit of the company
World class Contact Centre
Last job allowed me to be creative & think outside the box
Pros
excellent meeting culture and a yearly fun day
Cons
new management culture has changed
Horrible Place to Work, high turnover
Travel Sales/Communications Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2014
Not the best place to work. God forbid if you get sick, you WILL get fired. There is no easy advancement and it will take you years to get a raise or bonus. I do not recommend this company to anyone looking for a long term position.
benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunities as promised, low salary
Terrible Work Environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I wonder how a company like this reallt makes it to the top 50 employers of Canada...Oh Wait! I know how! We have a sweet talking CEO that throws in an "awesome" party called a town hall meeting with lots of free food, and right the day after, the employees are provided with a employer evaluation survey.
I worked here for 3 months, and came from a previous corporate background and was tired of being micro-managed by underqualified "managers" or Customer Care Leaders as they would call it.

I was terminated on my last day of a 3-month probation due to a sick leave (documented by a doctors note). Apparently it is not permitted to be sick in this company for the first 3 months. Im still in contact with a lawyer to take this company to court.
Pros
free coffee, some company events, some good co-workers
Cons
underqualified people playing the role of corporate culprits, politics
A successful company with an amazing culture
Associate Director, Rewards Planning & Financials (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
LoyaltyOne is a great place to work. Associates are challenged with new opportunities everyday. The culture is fantastic.
goodlife benefits
Universal Agent Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2014
It is hard to tackle the frustrated customers sometimes but i do my best to help them out and give out the best to make them feel reassured
Pros
banked time
Cons
no flexibility