Lowe's Employee Reviews

Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BC10 February 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 January 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 February 2016
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Exhausting Work
Long, depressing work
Temp. 1xd (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2016
Long days in a depressing environment in a loud busy warehouse. Very early start and if you live outside of milton you are left with only time to sleep in your free time.
Pros
3 day weekend, 40 hours a week.
Cons
Long days, boring work culture
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA30 September 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 May 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
pro
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NC13 June 2016
typical day handling job on daily basis for submitting data
leanred hadoop components
coworkerds
hardest part of job .
enjoyable part is
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Cons
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the Queensway8 March 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 May 2016
I enjoy working here because the people are great and its a wonderful environment. They trained me on the necessary equipment to do my job properly and gave me room to grow.
Warehouse
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2016
Was a good team environment management was slow to react to issues that were brought up but for the amount of money you make it's a good place, general day consisted of meeting at the start, dispersing product sent to select areas and put product away.
Pros
instore party every payday
Cons
Lazy Management
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Great environment and people
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 November 2013
The company is still growing and is developing more and more in Canada and brings a lot of room for advancement and development.

The people and environment is very friendly and pleasant and they love to improve and develop their staff as they promote advancement within all age groups.

At the end of the day business is business and they are professional and work hard in all areas to achieve all the business objectives.
Pros
Flexible hours and benefits
Cons
still many gaps within processes
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.12 April 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 February 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 December 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.