Lowe's Employee Reviews

Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 January 2016
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management incompetence
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2016
Amazing company, would recommend to anybody. Hard working people and committed staff all the time. Spent an amazing year in this company.
Pros
Nice staff
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 December 2015
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
Pros
Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons
Night Shifts
Good work place and wonderful co-workers
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 April 2016
Great job with wonderful co-workers and lots of hours. Accommodating with schedule when needed.
However, don't offer full time positions with benefits often.
Great Place with even greater people
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Working there was a great experience. I was surround by people who where always happy to assist you in anything you were unsure of. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Positive envirment, Helpful people, great location
Good work environment.
Customer Service Associate Millwork (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 July 2016
Good work environment, loved the people. Low paying job but not a whole lot to complain about.

Typical day includes stocking, serving customers and going over orders and inventory.
Great job for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 January 2016
- Process credit card applications and online orders
- Assist customers through checkout
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Engage in good working relationships with customers
- Learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my coworkers
- Hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness and not facing new challenges
- Most enjoyable part is my coworkers, very caring and helpful group
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 May 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2016
Management kept people happy, listened to concerns and did they're best to fix/accommodate. Stable hours, and if your willing they'll offer even more.
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 December 2015
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
Pros
One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons
Downsizing
An okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
My Department manager was a perfect example of who you would want to work for. She made the position entertaining. However, the store was vastly understaffed, and the employees had little autonomy
Great environment and people
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 November 2013
The company is still growing and is developing more and more in Canada and brings a lot of room for advancement and development.

The people and environment is very friendly and pleasant and they love to improve and develop their staff as they promote advancement within all age groups.

At the end of the day business is business and they are professional and work hard in all areas to achieve all the business objectives.
Pros
Flexible hours and benefits
Cons
still many gaps within processes
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario Canada22 January 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
fantastic place to work
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 June 2016
Lowe's is a fun and exciting work environment with a family atmosphere. I love it there and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great job.
Pros
everything but the lack of hours
Cons
lack of hours available
most people are ok
Department manager admin/customer service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 February 2016
management is very "clicky" you are either liked or not and everyone knows. Best assistant left for other opportunities he was the only one that knew anything and treated associated with respect
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA30 September 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BC10 February 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing