Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great working environment with even better people.
Sales Asscoiate (Current Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Fast pace enviroment
Upon arrival the people that I interacted with were great to talk to. The employees are incredibly welcoming, and are willing to teach you and help you. The only downfall that I have to give is that you are basically thrown onto the floor with little teaching about the products you are dealing with. You have to be good with learning on your feet, and be able to tell people that you don't know.
Sales Specialist (Kitchens) (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCAugust 5, 2015
Overall great place to work with fun staff and great job culture. Lots of room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed my position what what I had to do on a daily basis and had fun while doing my job.
Good pay but not job secure
Head Cashier (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: favoratism to those who are shined on
Cons: Unannounced schedule changes
Our local Lowes will keep you right until the last day or two of your probation then let you go. They will not assist you with your issues if they dont have the time. You will be assured of customer service and ample bodies on shift but will find that this is not the reality of it. Make sure you get along with everyone, if not and they complain, you will be black listed and no assistance will come. Your schedule will change at a drop of the hat and unless you check your work email regularly, you will have no other notice. You will also only get afternoons and nights if they either do not like you personally or you are only a peak position, although they will not tell you this either. If you are in a management role, you will not get all of your breaks either and this is of no issue to those higher up as long as those you are responsible for are getting theres. Also if you suck up to the right managers, you will be able to dictate where and what you do while at work, even if this means that someone else needs to pick up your slack on things.
poor management at the ASM level
Lumber associate, part time (Former Employee), Edmonton, west endAugust 2, 2015
Pros: staff, store manager
Cons: safety/loss prevention, ASM's
Overall I loved working for Lowes, West End. Store manager is great. Staff were also great to work with. However, the ASM's, for the most part have minimal people and leadership skills. In particular would be the loss prevention/safety manager. This individual consistently harasses and intimidates the female staff and members of the staff whose only income is Lowes. He has gone so far as to send a female employee up a ladder to clean fixtures while she was in a leg cast. He has a hate on for the military and has said, in front of anyone willing to listen, that he will get this person or that person. He has made one young lady cry and quit her job. These things are known by management but nothing is ever done to him. Since he has come to the west end location(from the south store) Lowes has lost some very good staff and the morale, that was once very high, is now gone. Lowes, at least in the West end, does not seem to care about their staff enough to fix the problems and would rather continually hire and retrain staff. Frustrating for those of us that care about Lowes and our jobs
not great if your not best friends with the managment
general labourer (Former Employee), RDC Milton, OntJuly 27, 2015
Pros: bounses
Cons: never treated like a part of the team.
the jobs are easy, but if you chose to stay quite and to yourself your told that you are being negative. If your not best friends with the supervisors then you are treated like dirt. and by best friends I mean going out after work for beers and dinner and stuff, also you will never move up in the company.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
P/T Electrical Dep (Current Employee), Kanata, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great enviroment to work. lots of team players
Cons: long hours
A typical day will include answering, advising and selling various products to customers in search of various item from outdoor power equipment to electrical needs.
decent place to work
Night crew (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 1, 2015
Co-workers are fun to work with but comunication with managment is poor. A night shift is stocking and top stocking product that came from the dilivery trucks. All product must be cleared out of receiving and in their home or put up in top stock.
Great team environment
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: great team environment, very welcoming to any employee
Cons: not enough hours offered at the moment
Great atmosphere to work in. would load/unload, gather deliveries, package merchandise, bring stock onto sales floor, etc.
Lowe's is a very strong team orientated enviroment
CSA Paint and Walls and Windows and Kitchen (Current Employee), East Gwillenbury, ONTJune 29, 2015
An excellent company to work for but moving forward is difficult. Loyal to their employees. It is a challenging company with fluctuation g hours during down seasons
productive, busy, good social environment
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Its a busy but productive environment, management is decent, co-workers are very positive, but lowes is a fast paced job that does require alot of social interaction with customers, but is flexible to an extent.
Company that will just throw you away
Loader/ yard marshall (Former Employee), Milton RDCJune 29, 2015
Good workplace with amazing supervisors who got your back no matter what, BUT corrupt upper management and HR..

less than 2 weeks away from full time employment, i get harassed by a fellow worker, then they do a shady investigation and fire me. This is the kind of company where you have to watch who you work with and who you talk to, cause they will fire you wrongfully and toss you under the bus...

American companies..... All i have to say
Friendly
Order Picker (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 20, 2015
Dusty and dry environment however very fun people to work with, almost enthusiastic i came to work with a smile very frequently
Safe and good Customer service focused goals
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: short staffed on occasion
The main focus is customer service. Without the customer we wouldn't have a job. A lot of tasking and resetting of merchandise to correspond with the changing flyer every week. Good management team and good co-workers. I'm always trying to improve my customer service skills, getting better at solving the customers problems quickly.
fun workplace, constantly busy.
Customer service associate & Supervisor (Current Employee), Maple, ONJune 6, 2015
Lowe's home improvement warehouse is a great place to not only hone your communication skills, but also is a wonderful opportunity to expand your knowledge of home repairs and be able to apply them to your own home!

Great staff, very supportive, scheduling is unfortunately very scattered for anyone who is not full time.
Great people to work with but particular section where I worked is badly managed.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Employee discount of 10%
Normally I would show up for work and sign into an automated system. Assuming i signed in during the afternoon i would consult with other garden center associates about what was done in the morning and then proceed to water anything that was dry. Apart from that i would have to deal with many customers asking me prices for products that were only labeled with bar codes and no price tags. about 70% of products in the garden center had no prices or the price tags in-front of items did not match the item behind it. I found this to be one of the hardest parts of the job because i did not like telling customers sorry we have a major problem with our pricing in the store and our manager refused to let any employees spend the time needed to actually price the products. That being said I very much enjoyed my experience with getting to know other employees as well as whenever had the opportunity to actually help or assist any of the customers with problems that I could solve.
Great atmosphere and co-workers
customer service associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches some times, good atmosphere, great people
Lowe's is a great place to work there is potential to move to different positions, and room for some growth. The management is good to work with and is always willing to listen. Work days mainly include helping customers and re-stocking store shelves, but for me it also includes managing employees, and attending to urgent matters. Co-workers at Lowe's are great everyone has a good attitude and come willing to work on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to get everything that needs to be done, done, because of how busy the store can get even with a good work ethic it is still very challenging some days.
Great workplace but there is no room to move up
Sales Specialist and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
I had figured with my vast experience within the plumbing industry that I would move up to a managerial position, but I was quickly corrected and found that this company is a future road block.
good experience
Overnight stocker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 18, 2015
My responsibility in Lowes consist of pulling skids onto the floor, stocking , and zoning my departments. The hardest part of my job was working nights, but my co-workers were really good people.
Customer Service Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioMay 6, 2015
Assist customers in finding the right building materials for their housing needs. I learned about customer service and managing time and cleaniness throughout the job. The co-workers were really friendly and supportive.
poopoo
Night Stocker (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 5, 2015
this job was ok but way to much droma.There is like noone left there who started with the company they all got blind sided.
Headquarters