Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amazing company, would recommend to anybody. Hard working people and committed staff all the time. Spent an amazing year in this company.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Will never work for Lowe's again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southern OntarioMay 13, 2013
This company is terrible to work for. So many people are quitting and there is a reason for that. Management is too blind to see the truth to make the change. There is virtually no support from upper management. The department managers do all their leg work with little to no recognition. Actually, barely any one gets a pat on the back for doing a great job. Everyone that works here is miserable and no one really wants to work together. This place is run poorly and I absolutely will never work for this company again.
benefits
Cons
everything
Busy but fun place to work at.
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 30, 2016
A fairly awesome place to be at, the co-workers are all extremely nice and it was an honor to work with them. I've learned so much from them including how to provide good customer service, and the way of finding the real happiness during that job!

The management at my place was fine, sometimes it is fairly slow, I am pretty sure I had customers complained on me about how slow our services are, I mean, I do realize the fact sometimes it is slow, but there isn't too much I can help with.

A typical day at work would be welcoming customers, handling cash, welcome them back again. Of course, a non-typical day would be me being a customer service representitive which I had no clue how to do anything in customer service in the customer service desk; or becoming a loader, which I have to be one of them every once in a while since I am the only male at the front, including all of the cashiers and customer service co-workers, truly awesome, sometimes it was a pain as well. At the end of the day, I clean everything up as much as I can, such as recycle and garbage bins, mop the floor and clean the shelves.

The hardest part of the job will definitely be the language, English is not my first language which sometimes gives me a lot of trouble. I often have to let the customer explain to me what exactly is going on, and I will always have no correct word for what I want it to mean, which are quite annoying.

At the end of the day, my co-workers are a bunch of people that I can literally turn my back on, I'd love to stand behind them (I mean, I was the ony male at the front right?)
  more... if they ever needed me.  less
Pros
Nice co-workers, great environment to work in.
Cons
Sometimes slow services.
Good place to work.
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
All of the employee were great people to work with and was a great experience. the hardest part was unloading the trucks and they were packed stupid and kept falling.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Run out of work when not busy
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.
Easy going and enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 15, 2016
Customer service, helped check out customers ,cash and card transactions. Helped customers apply for credit card. Cleaned cash tills.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers
Cons
Help from supervisors/managers when needed
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 14, 2016
This is a company that sells home improvement items and they are a very large company with a lot of staff they employ at there various locations across the country.
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Lack of wage
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Lowes was a great place to work. While things were not perfect and sometimes there was not enough staff, there was always a stress on work safety and what was best for the customer. Even though I worked at night I felt like I was working for the sake of the customer. I liked the variety of the job. I would punch in for my shift and then head to the receiving area to see what the unloaded merchandise looked like. Then I would hop on a forklift and help the supervisor take the product to the floor for the guys. This would last about two hours and then after the first break I would usually start my own areas which were flooring, millwork and lumber. I enjoyed the hard work and the strategizing that had to take place in order to get all the product stocked. After the lunch break we would usually have inventory duties to take care of and then taking the cardboard back and winding down for the end of the shift.
Pros
consistency and stability
Cons
at times we were limited in staff
Great energetic environment
Customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Working at Lowe's has given me the opportunity to learn a lot of things that will be beneficial for future jobs. The most enjoyable part is helping the customers with there motives and being successful.
Long, depressing work
Temp. 1xd (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Long days in a depressing environment in a loud busy warehouse. Very early start and if you live outside of milton you are left with only time to sleep in your free time.
Pros
3 day weekend, 40 hours a week.
Cons
Long days, boring work culture
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Customer sales associate
Millwork CSA (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMarch 24, 2016
the co-workers are the bast part of the job because they keep the friendly flow of work coming and are all generally great people to work with
Great Place to work
Department Manager – Installation Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Lowe's in Canada is a growing organisation, which means a lot of opportunity to grow. Great leadership , lots of opportunities.
Pros
Staff discounts on purchases
Cons
Old Software
Nice PT job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Employees are friendly, hard-wroking.
Experiences with management have been 50/50; there's been times where requests with management is good, but just as many times frustrating and annoying.
Typical 8 hour days with a 1 hour lunch, with very little overtime possible.
Keeps you on your feet most of the day.
Flexibility of hours is alright.
More-than-alright pay for a part-time job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Demanding job (physically and socially)
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
Pros
I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons
All about the numbers.
An employer that values their employee's experience and needs
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONAugust 30, 2013
I've always stood by supporting companies that stand by their employees offering competitive wages & benefits. Lowe's has provided me with all of the benefits I would look for. A typical day is never really typical there's always a new project coming through the door and the unique atmosphere of feeling as though your peers are much like your family makes it very inviting to work for.
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved