Lowe's
6,651 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to help people build things.
LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 24, 2012
A typical day included helping people build all kinds of home projects. good times.
Dm frieght flow Edmonton
Department Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 9, 2012
Very demanding huge responsibility. There is no training and hardly no support!! Expectation to succeed are near impossible. The vision is great but new store management needs to learn ALLOT about the people and the right way to motivate. Change in leadership from the top down is exactly that top down! No collaboration!
long hrs, incredible expextations, no job security, horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 30, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: all
5 am t0 5 pm open shift
12 to 11+ close
no labor
high expextations for what you have to work with
high turn over
zero on the job training for management
poor district manager leadership
basso looks after himself only askes you to change things from company policy then puts all the changes on you when his boss calls out the differences from policy
store – more... manager is a yes man
no sympathy for family deaths
too much to list
worst place i ever worked – less
If it wasn't for the other people on overnights I would have KILLED myself.
Overnight stocking Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor (and lying) management
Typical day... start @ 10:30 NOT ONE MINUTE EARLY or else you will be penalized..
Go to store pep rally (whoopie). Be told store wouldn't function with out you (BLAH ..BLAH.. BLAH..).
Clean up day shift mess..Approximately 6 hours.
Attempt to put stock away (like putting a square peg in a round hole).
Be told by day shift manager that you didn't live – more... up to their expectations. Or that you didn't put forth 110 %.
Suck it up because the benefits were the only good thing about this company
Management would hide from any and every responsibility ( Well what do YOU think we should do ???).
Some co-workers were awesome others I wouldn't cross the road to urinate in their ear if their brain was on fire...
Hardest part of my job was going in everyday...
Most enjoyable part was going home at the end of my shift.
The best was when you get hired and told by the store manager that you will only be in a position for a couple of months....There will be lots of chances to move up....15 months later you quit to take a lower paying job just so you can return to a normal lifestyle and sleep patterns.
I know what your thinking but I'm not a whinner I received 2 exemplary performance reviews and I never missed a day of work and always pulled my own weight. – less
Daily Work Load
Kitchen Sales Specialist and Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2012
Pros: my experience has earned the the respect of my colleagues and clients.
Cons: retail hours
My recent employment in retail, I have quickly experienced and learned the many challenges pertaining to this industry. Currently, my management team, is virtually invisible. Which I can conclude, reflects the quality of my role.

A typical day consists of maintaining my order management, scheduling, designing, and providing exceptional customer service – more... to all that visit the store. – less
Team Building is a very emphasized quality
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 3, 2012
Make you feel as a valued member of a productive group
Management demand a lot but very fair
Co-workers were helpful
Excellent place to work with many opportunities
Credit/SOS Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2012
I have worked at Lowes for years and have always enjoyed my job. It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Lowes is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Overall a great place to work!
Great place
Manager (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCOctober 28, 2014
Great place to work, great culture. They have a relaxed setting with good people.
Great Benefits and Pay
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Warren, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Good company to work for.
Work life balance is tough but can be tolerable.
Dedicated in Customer Service
Administrative Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaOctober 28, 2014
Fast growing company dedicated in teaching and training associates to take care of the customer.
Productive, fast pace and friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 28, 2014
Pros: offered great benifits, great staff, a fun place to work.
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed working their, the atmosphere was friendly and team members were always willing to help me when I had questions, and the customers were the best.
Working for Lowes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: bonuses, 401k plams, increase in pay (once a year)
Cons: scheduling, management
A typical work day included providing friendly customer service skills to each and every customer and increasing sales in anyway possible for the advancement of the company. Remembering that safety is a big part of the job and to always put the customer first. I learned that retail is not something that I plan to do for the rest of my life. Working – more... at Lowes was a motive for me to go back to school. Management was horrible at Lowes. I worked for them for almost two years and I had seen more than two managers get fired including the store manager. For the most part I had very understanding co-workers but when it came to head cashiers they took their job more seriously than I attended. In my opinion, some of the head cashiers treated their general cashiers like they were nothing more than a worker instead of a team player. There was not really a hard part of being a customer service associate. I learned the material fairly quickly and preformed my job well. I have had experiences with rude customers but that's all part of working for retail. The most enjoyable part of my job were the checks and the bonuses. – less
Productive fun fast paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: customer interaction and co-workers were great people to work with
Assist customers with any of their needs. Answer any questions about promotions and mix paint. Ocasionally assist in home decor decisions.
Good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 28, 2014
I enjoy my time at Lowe's. My overall experience is great and I would love to work at Lowe's again.
Co-workers provide positive work experience.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 28, 2014
Employees make an effort to be as efficient as possible while provided a positive experience for customers.
Lowes was and is still my favorite store
Cashier (Former Employee), Silver Springs, FLOctober 28, 2014
its a great thing when you can work at a place you love and believe in. I love Lowes. My coworkers were good, the customers were good. Management was good. Loved being able to work outside some days and in on others. Liked the variety.

really cant think of anything hard about the job that I disliked enough to mention. Except maybe not getting enough – more... hours.
It is a good place to work. – less
good place to work.
Customer service/ Plant Nursery Associate (Former Employee), Severn, MDOctober 28, 2014
Pros: working outside in the garden center. and getting paid.
Cons: working holidays and weekends. difficult customers.
Busy during peak season. learning about all the plants and how to care for them. worked with a great group of people. Some heavy lifting.
Additional experience with power equipement and RF scanners
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: work with a tight crew of unloaders
Cons: retail environment where holiday work was manditory
Worked with a small friendly crew who attempted to work well together in a small and clustered work area. Afforded opertunity to work with hand held scanners for periodic times of assisting with night restock crews.
Offers a variety of different types of jobs.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: ability to move into other departments and type of work.
Cons: pay could be better for associates who have been with company awhile.
Good company if the right type of management is provided. Company does offer ability to move into other job positions to learn other job skills.
Productive,creative, fun atmosphere to work.
Cashier/PSA (Project Specialist Associate) (Former Employee), Clinton, MDOctober 27, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: n/a
I put together displays for new products and interact with co-worker and provided Customer Service.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more