Lowe's Employee Reviews

Decent work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queensway Gardens, ON9 November 2016
Typical day was very long and tiring. I learned how to persuade people to buy seasonal products. Improved my verbal skills. My manager was really tough.
fun place and productive
Front End -Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
good environment to work in. good team work; understanding workers. organized management and safety first. Best place for customer service.
productive place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 October 2016
Great place to work however lacks in pay. Management is pretty good and listens well to their employees. They have a number of policies in place to help engage their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and Terrific
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
My typical day at Lowes was 8-9 hours long, with a one hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. I would typically start off by cleaning the department and helping customers, than i would down-stock and prepare orders for customers, and at the end of the day I'd clean the department.
Horrible Place to Work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 October 2016
If you get offered a summer spot great you should take it but once the summer is over run and do it fast as soon as all the summer staff leave the place becomes a living nightmare for the regular staff
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
long hours minimal breaks
Busy with friendly environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2016
Very busy throughout the summer, Compact Sod has great management and has a very friendly work environment. A typical day includes sales through the phone, and staying on my toes knowing various promotions and answering assortments of questions from customers.
good job worked as a cashier for 4 months
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2016
Started my position as a cashier in september 2015 and finishing around march 2016, worked as a cashier, customer service rep. My job would mostly involve cashing customers out, also cleaning up and loading furniture.
Pros
co workers
Cons
minimum wage pay
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.
20 years of demonstrated experience in handling all administrative functions, Sales specialist and Department Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 October 2016
My Past experience has given me great confidence to coordinate with team , coach them, motivate team. Share achievement, appreciate work well done and goals.

I like to work with them and let them feel they are most important members of the team always.

Pros
Commitment with works
Cons
If we need to work long hours, I want to make sure team are motivated and relax to giving good reslults
Great place to work and shop in the Home Improvement business.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 September 2016
Able to teach the associates merchandising.
Executing company directives with urgency.
Inspired the associates to enjoy the workplace through teamwork and with clear communication.
To offer the best customer service to all customers through all associates.
Made a positive difference in all kpi indicators which was reflected
in the sales, P and L,and most important, great service to the customer.
Pros
Empowered to apply my managerial background in new business.
Cons
Learning and knowing all the systems was a challenge.
Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
not fun, lots of work but no life
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
good foro people without families, culture is okay, but there are definatly better places to work...........................................................
Fun place to work for, feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON19 September 2016
Everyone is willing to help you, no matter what department. If you are interested in changing departments or even helping out in another department, management will arrange for training to help you grow in the store. Breaks are spaced out nicely. Not tiring when you have a 9hr shift
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Short staffed at times
A new store with new store issues.
Night Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 September 2016
The staff was great. Management still had a lot to learn about expectations put upon staff in regards to opening a new store and planning for item location in advance of nightly reception.
Great place to work, advancement opportuinites don't exist yet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 August 2016
A great place to work and co-workers and management are helpful. I find that the company will help you and be there if you are going through any kind of stressful situation.
Pros
Will work around your schedule, allow flexibility
Cons
hours are limited as am only hired as a peak employee
Most Staff members Helpful
LEAD RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2016
The Job as a whole was easy.
Hours of operation and Holidays off was nice.
Good workers often overlooked for butt kissers.
No training even with repetitively asking for it.
Inefficient Store as a whole.
Pros
Good hours of operation work/home balance
Cons
Management Under trained and Unwilling to help
Overall Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON24 August 2016
Lowes was a great experience and the people there were great. The management itself was not very good. A typical day at work would be me showing up, signing in and positioning myself at the cash. I would stay there all day helping out customers. Our store was quite busy most of the time so we never got bored and we were never just standing around. We always had something to do.
Great place to work with very friendly clientele
Client services associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 August 2016
For an organized and detail oriented person such as myself, Lowes allowed me to prepare for further employment. I gained knowledge on not only the product within the store but valuable communication and computer skills. My co-workers were very helpful, cooperative and made what would have been a very routine work experience very engaging.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No weekends off.
Great people
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 August 2016
Stocking overnight, the management was good, though sometimes it could have been better then it was. A lot of that would have to do more so with working over night though. Co-workers were what got me through the night a lot of time, great friendly people. Hardest part of the job was the hours in combination with heavy lifting have having to stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Over night hours.
Fun to work inside and cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 August 2016
Lowes has a very fun atmosphere inside the building everyone is accepting, friendly and always willing to help out. Cash is a great place to start with lowes as a new employee or if you are freshly employed. Cash however is fast paced, but it helps make a long shift seem shorter.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, not enough employees covering a department