Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly Work Environment
Supportive Co-Workers
Provides Great Customer Service
Learned a lot about home improvement and retail/customer service work.
A fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
Its a nice and fun place to work because majority of the co-workers were very kind and never gave me a bad attitude. They also made it very comfortable and never made me feel like I had to be someone else.

The management was the only thing I had a problem with because I felt they treat the employees in receiving different the the employees on the floor
Each day is new
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work, meeting new people. Life long friends have been made. Each day brings new challenges to the table. A wide variety of skills will be learned working here.
Backstabbing environment with little to no personal respect
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONOctober 27, 2015
The harder a person works, the less respect they get. Only thing that matters to the management is the bottom dollar, they don't care about the staff. People always assume the worst about their co-workers. Only reason I stayed is because I need the paycheck.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nothing but disrespect
Great company to work for
Outdoor Centre Associate (Seasonal Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Loved working with the customers, and being involved in something I was highly knowledgeable about. It was also great working in the outdoors.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
The pay
cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 2, 2016
beware, what they don't tell you during any of the three interviews is that the cashiers job is also to clean the public toilets.. disgusting for minimum wage job.. if you want a janitorial job you can get top dollar doing that..
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Lowes was a great place to work. While things were not perfect and sometimes there was not enough staff, there was always a stress on work safety and what was best for the customer. Even though I worked at night I felt like I was working for the sake of the customer. I liked the variety of the job. I would punch in for my shift and then head to the receiving area to see what the unloaded merchandise looked like. Then I would hop on a forklift and help the supervisor take the product to the floor for the guys. This would last about two hours and then after the first break I would usually start my own areas which were flooring, millwork and lumber. I enjoyed the hard work and the strategizing that had to take place in order to get all the product stocked. After the lunch break we would usually have inventory duties to take care of and then taking the cardboard back and winding down for the end of the shift.
Pros
consistency and stability
Cons
at times we were limited in staff
Enjoyable workplace
front end loader (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABNovember 12, 2015
Fun enviroment to be in always someone telling a joke , coworkers were awesome made a few friends from lowes, the hardst part of the job was loading up dishwashers, most enjoyable part of the job was talking to co-workers
Pros
wearing a hat
Cons
alwyas standing around for 8 hours
Incompetence Left, Right and Center
Customer Service Associate- Paint (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 4, 2016
Are you under 30 and a male? If the answer is yes prepare to be abused.

As a male under 30, you will be expected to complete the work of 3-6 people, while other employees stand around giving you brainless smiles and otherwise being useless.

Get hurt doing such work, oh well, sorry for you. You're a part timer cause' we're to cheap to pay benefits, and we'll deny any claims made through workers' comp.

Aside from being a mule this is a company where the management knows less than the front line employees, yet this is the case at Lowe's.

You will be called into the office and disciplined for not asking enough questions, you begin asking more questions and your manager cannot answer as they themselves do not know.

ASM's are also a joke, many of them struggle to find the intelligence to walk and talk and the same time, let alone effectively manage

Finally Equipment is pathetic. Be prepared to have your equipment fail on a daily basis. Also be prepared either not to have your equipment fixed at all, or to have a half-hearted repair job done to it.

Do Yourself a Favour and Work Elsewhere
Pros
Some of the Co-workers
Cons
Cheap Cheap Cheap, Sexist Expectations, Zero Regard for Employees, Zero Advancement, Poor Wages, Won't give Full-Time (Too Cheap to pay Benefits)
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee) –  HAMILTONSeptember 15, 2015
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Pros
One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons
Poor scheduling, no longevity in job
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
Pros
Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons
Night Shifts
Nice PT job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Employees are friendly, hard-wroking.
Experiences with management have been 50/50; there's been times where requests with management is good, but just as many times frustrating and annoying.
Typical 8 hour days with a 1 hour lunch, with very little overtime possible.
Keeps you on your feet most of the day.
Flexibility of hours is alright.
More-than-alright pay for a part-time job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Demanding job (physically and socially)
Team members are great to work with and cooperative.
Distribution Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, OntarioSeptember 10, 2015
Lowe's US division operates at a more structuresd and organized environment. The Canadian division does not like to follow the same rules and pushes back to Canadianize the operation. Unfortunate for the individuals that represent the DC and communicate and work with the US head quarters.
Pros
Free Lunches and shirts
Cons
poor direction by senior management
Horrid hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Schedule is awful with family. a lot of politics in management.
Friendly staff mainly. Poor pay for responsibilities.
Outstanding team members
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
Loved working there. Clean store. Good processes in place. Some senior managers better than others. Better wages than other box stores.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Great working environment with even better people.
Sales Asscoiate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONAugust 7, 2015
Upon arrival the people that I interacted with were great to talk to. The employees are incredibly welcoming, and are willing to teach you and help you. The only downfall that I have to give is that you are basically thrown onto the floor with little teaching about the products you are dealing with. You have to be good with learning on your feet, and be able to tell people that you don't know.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Fast pace enviroment
Strong Relationships
Department Manager, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 8, 2015
Working at Lowe's has been a pleasure. The people you work with are always one of a kind. I have met some amazing people during my time with Lowe's, some of which have become great friends even outside of work.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Under Staffed