Lowe's Employee Reviews

Great environment
Cashier/ Outside Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 May 2017
One of the better places I personally have worked, i learned a lot while working here, they take the time to make sure that you are comfortable and understand how to do everything
Productive, fun, and progressive workplace with very supportive coworkers
Front-End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 May 2017
Working at Lowe's company is a productive, fun, and progressive workplace with very supportive coworkers. I have learned how to work both individually and as a team member. Management is flexible and works around worker's availability. The hardest part of the job is getting to know everything when one is still new. However, after getting familiar with what is expected of an employee, most of the tasks become enjoyable.
Pros
Recognition and appreciation.
Cons
Few hours to work (few shifts).
Low productivity.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Campridge, ON2 May 2017
This company's management are not honest and fabricate conditions that allow them to dismiss you "without cause". I also noticed that the company is not fair, or equal to all employees.
Welcome to High School
Peak Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I've never been in such a place that reminded me so much of high school, it's honestly ridiculous. The amount of drama, and talking behind people's backs, the cliques. It's to much. I can't stand drama. This place tops it.

The only way you will move up, is if you're best friends with management, and they actually like you.
A LOT OF favouritism.

There are a lot of nice people, but I don't really trust anyone there.

When I first started as a seasonal associate, everyone was really nice, and after a year I'm regretting ever saying so.
Cons
Horrid Scheduling, Management, Favouritism
Nothing spectacular
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
Management is not willing to support you when you approach them. Promotions are not given to the people who actually work for it, its more hand-picked. Hardly get any weekends off.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
Satisfied, pay is on time and managers are great! workplace environment is okay and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers .
great place to watch people get fired
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  milton distribution center15 April 2017
Worst place I ever worked. You have to remind them when your raise us due. It takes almost 8 months to get benefits. You have to bring something for pot luck when the managers bring nothing. If you ask them something you get walked out the door.
Pros
lots of days off
Cons
you can get fired
Lowe"s Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2017
Management is excellent, Clean and safe work environment, awesome team environment. Lowes"s will help employees who are new to this kind of work to adjust to a fast paced environment. Yhis helps to become an employee to represent Lowe"s as a customer oriented member of the staff as customer service is always above and beyond any thing else.
To Work At Lowe's or Not?
Night Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 April 2017
My experience at Lowe's was not a very pleasant one. I'm not saying all of the Lowe's are like that, however the one I was at wasn't very good. When I first started their they were great, or so it seemed, but once I started nights and saw what truly went on things got complicated. When I say complicated, I mean more like their; "open door policy" is questionable, wanting opinions for the better of the company is questionable, and trying to tell your employers there is something funny going on within the company with one of the employees, you end up no longer working for the company with no cause of being let go. You tell me do you work at Lowe's or not? The only good that I got from working at Lowe's is meeting a few good people, my significant other, the benefits, and understanding that I catch on quick, very quick! I enjoyed helping customers and making them happy although some would say that's hard, I found the one Lowe's I worked at was very tough.
benefits
Not great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 April 2017
Enjoyed the people at this place. Management was not that good. They chose to have job fair and start people from the bottom rather than keep on the people that were alreadt trained.
Great Place to work, not much room for advancement
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 March 2017
Lowe's North Brampton is a great place to work, but there is not very much room for advancement. the environment is amazing and the people are friendly but it was not the right career for me.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Minimum pay
Productive and fun work environment
Lowes Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2017
It is a great job if you are a student, there is plenty of room for growth and great company culture. They provide you with a great jumping off point for a sales environment and in general it is a pretty fun team.
very disappointing toxic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 March 2017
I was recruited from a stable job to come to this nightmare don't be fooled by the open door policy and fake smiles. Everyone is out for themselves and will walk all over you. I was lured with promises of bonuses which were non existence. Pay attention to the multi job openings there is many reasons for it. Most of the ASM'S and Dm's are just waiting in line for their slice of the pie and will throw you under the bus to get it. The store managers endless bad decisions in which the store lost money to satisfy a customer was overwhelming, it didn't matter if customers threaten you with harm, they are still taken care of. No one is happy at this store. Constant bad mouthing, cold shoulder mean girl type of behaviour from both genders. Very toxic environment and the rules for the red vest are endless and other associates love to run and tell on you. I wish had never set foot in this place. No training provided or even a general care for your personal wellbeing, as long as you were making sales.
Pros
subway on site so you don't have to sit and listen to the whining in the lunch room
Cons
everything right down to the red vest
Productive and well Organized workplace.
Customer Service (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 March 2017
During my co-op at LOWES, I discovered that it was a pleasant and friendly workplace. Everyone was trained and well organized, and overall atmosphere was pleasant.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Boring
DistrIbution Center in Milton
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  DistrIbution Center Milton11 March 2017
Do NOT question safety policy if you don't want to be walked. Do NOT question the condition of the material handling equipment. Do NOT voice any opinion on anything. Do NOT voice anything negative about strange rituals like "high five Fridays" Pay structure is based on long tenure of 5 plus years to reach top wage. There is no raise on merit. The management team does not want to hear any constructive critism to improve. They are already the best in their minds. If you just need a job and can be a mindless automaton this is your kinda place! WARNING! You will be walked for not being a Lowe's zombie
Pros
Not much
Cons
Be a zombie
Fun working environment with a good crew.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 March 2017
I was a part of the night crew so there were 7-10 of us on the crew at any one given time, and because it was such a small crew and we would work with each other every day we got to know each other really well and it was fun to joke around with the guys.

We luckily worked well together and didn't get on each other's nerves which was a great work situation and it made for a productive and fun time while working.
Very fast pace environment with benefits
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
- Very High Chances of growth as a growing company
- Fast pace and competitive environment
- Professional workplace
- Management needs more training though
Great Job for me
Sales Specialist, Lumber, Receiving & Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I started off as a part-time unloader and quickly became full-time. I got so familiar with each department and stock items that I eventually became the stores floater (position doesn't exist)
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
Worst company to work for ever
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 February 2017
Treat there employes verry bad, make them do 100 things at once pay them the min wage treat you less then a number, worst place to work rather pick up horse dung all day then work for this company
Pros
Learn about retail
Cons
Bs
Terrible Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 February 2017
Senior management team makes up policies and rules to suit them. If you're not one of the managers favourites then forget any promotions. It is very obvious who his favourites are too! They have no clue how to schedule. They move people around on a whim to try to get them to quit. As long as the store makes money the district/corporate team doesn't care at all what the morale of the store is. Too bad. It started out with such promise.
Pros
Most of the people that work there are really nice.
Cons
poorly written schedules, senior management, no accountability even for the store manager