Lowe's

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2012
no social committy! or christmas party perhaps no associate cohesivness because of the lack of social events.
typical retail job, unspoken seniority, 0-40 hours per week, few full time positions
good job for when in school
Sales (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 21, 2012
wrok with dlients all day
sell product in your deparment
meet new people
Fun but stressful place to work.
Deli Clerk, loader and commercial loader (Former Employee), Balzac, ABAugust 13, 2012
A great place for people wanting to work for the summer or get some work experience. good for people new to the work force.
Lots of drama and gossip.
A good place to help people build things.
LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 24, 2012
A typical day included helping people build all kinds of home projects. good times.
Dm frieght flow Edmonton
Department Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 9, 2012
Very demanding huge responsibility. There is no training and hardly no support!! Expectation to succeed are near impossible. The vision is great but new store management needs to learn ALLOT about the people and the right way to motivate. Change in leadership from the top down is exactly that top down! No collaboration!
long hrs, incredible expextations, no job security, horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 30, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: all
5 am t0 5 pm open shift
12 to 11+ close
no labor
high expextations for what you have to work with
high turn over
zero on the job training for management
poor district manager leadership
basso looks after himself only askes you to change things from company policy then puts all the changes on you when his boss calls out the differences from policy
store – more... manager is a yes man
no sympathy for family deaths
too much to list
worst place i ever worked – less
If it wasn't for the other people on overnights I would have KILLED myself.
Overnight stocking Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor (and lying) management
Typical day... start @ 10:30 NOT ONE MINUTE EARLY or else you will be penalized..
Go to store pep rally (whoopie). Be told store wouldn't function with out you (BLAH ..BLAH.. BLAH..).
Clean up day shift mess..Approximately 6 hours.
Attempt to put stock away (like putting a square peg in a round hole).
Be told by day shift manager that you didn't live – more... up to their expectations. Or that you didn't put forth 110 %.
Suck it up because the benefits were the only good thing about this company
Management would hide from any and every responsibility ( Well what do YOU think we should do ???).
Some co-workers were awesome others I wouldn't cross the road to urinate in their ear if their brain was on fire...
Hardest part of my job was going in everyday...
Most enjoyable part was going home at the end of my shift.
The best was when you get hired and told by the store manager that you will only be in a position for a couple of months....There will be lots of chances to move up....15 months later you quit to take a lower paying job just so you can return to a normal lifestyle and sleep patterns.
I know what your thinking but I'm not a whinner I received 2 exemplary performance reviews and I never missed a day of work and always pulled my own weight. – less
Daily Work Load
Kitchen Sales Specialist and Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2012
Pros: my experience has earned the the respect of my colleagues and clients.
Cons: retail hours
My recent employment in retail, I have quickly experienced and learned the many challenges pertaining to this industry. Currently, my management team, is virtually invisible. Which I can conclude, reflects the quality of my role.

A typical day consists of maintaining my order management, scheduling, designing, and providing exceptional customer service – more... to all that visit the store. – less
Team Building is a very emphasized quality
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 3, 2012
Make you feel as a valued member of a productive group
Management demand a lot but very fair
Co-workers were helpful
Excellent place to work with many opportunities
Credit/SOS Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2012
I have worked at Lowes for years and have always enjoyed my job. It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Lowes is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Overall a great place to work!
Fast paced job.
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee), Johnstown, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at my job goes by quickly. I learned that communication is key to your job getting done right. the five hours goes by fast most days. the best part of my job is it keeps you in shape.
Fast pace environment, with potential for success
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Orchard Park NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great working hours
Cons: job security
Typical day of work includes interacting with customer, assisting them with building an estimate, finding product, ordering directly from vendors, opening new account, finding leads, making sales calls, logging sales calls, and keeping a clean and safe working area.

Management at this company is fairly decent, not the greatest on job security. However, – more... they are always there to assist you when you have issues with customer and helping you figure out something that is new to you.

The hardest part of the job is learning when to slow down and not over think much, due to the fast environment things can become unorganized from time to time, just need to learn to take things one step at a time and give the customer a great outcome that is easy to understand.

The best part of the job is how active you are with customers, the job allows the employee to be very interactive with customer and gives the customer a face and a store to remember for the better. – less
Really enjoyed working at Lowes. Having been in construction it was perfect for me.
Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: garden area.
Meeting and helping customers to get the right material for the job they were working on. Had the best co-workers that kept the job fun and interesting. Didn't work with management a great deal. Having been in the construction field for so many years there wasn't much for me to learn. Hard part of the job? Working in the garden area. Had to lean about – more... many plants. Overall, working a Lowes was a great experience. – less
Good place to work at during college and wanting to work for a great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Derby, KSDecember 18, 2014
Its a great place to work if you like to work on your house and any other projects. Management doesn't work with personal life and if you attend church. It pays decent and above average for retail environment.
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: customer relations
Cons: managment
As a head cashier you have a lot of duties from dealing with costumer complaints to helping out other departments I worked at lowes in elizabethton when it first opened and I am sure things have changed but it wasn't that busy in the store and the management didn;t understand that when your child is in the hospital you will miss work to be with them – more... that is why I left – less
Productive work environment with friendly staff and customers.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, ScDecember 18, 2014
Pros: 30min-1hr lunch (off clock), two 15min breaks (on clock) when ever desired. friendly work staff.
Cons: although my hourly pay is above minimum wage, as a part timer, i do not receive a significant amount of hours due to the flow of business throughout the seasons.
As a customer service associate, my duty is to help any customers in my area who may need assistance with product information or product location. Also, I am tasked with ensuring that my assigned department has been restocked and swept prior to the end of my shift.
Just a typical day at Lowes
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baytown, TXDecember 17, 2014
Working at Lowes is all about selling and giving great customer service. I have learned so much through my specialist and my department managers and managers to locating the product in the systems and seeing how many we have and how many are damaged to so much more. I have very supportive managers. The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting customers – more... and helping them throughout whatever they need. – less
steady work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. - Retail (Former Employee), Mebane, NCDecember 17, 2014
Working with customer service, busy solving people problem, everyone is friendly, management have a lot of patience,
Lowes
Loader/Cashier (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILDecember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: teamwork
Learned many skills in this job. They worked great with my school schedule. They are a great company. They don't promote from within, and the only way to be promoted is to apply for the position. Usually they hire for a higher ranking position to a person who doesn't deserve or know anything about the position.
Typical day at work
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLDecember 17, 2014
Maintained high efficiency in processing transaction during occupied business hours.
Accurately Handled cash and credit card payments
Balanced cash registers
Promoted My Lowe’s credit card and donations
Delivered excellent customer service experience in a friendly and professional manner

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more