Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

WORKED MOSTLY NIGHTS.DIDN'T LIKE THAT
Was a cashier (Former Employee) –  NORTHSIDESeptember 1, 2015
STANDING IN FRONT OF THE TILL WAITING FOR CUSTOMERS TO COME TO MY TILL.IT WAS KIND OF A LONG BORING JOB UNLESS ONE HAD A LINEUP OF CUSTOMERS THAT KEPT ME BUSY.
Lowes
Front End Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsAugust 29, 2015
It's a job. Not the worst but not the greatest. I was only hired as seasonal but got asked to stay as peak. Co workers are all friendly. Communication could be better though.
nice place
Night stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2015
put my PPE check my time card, receive instruction for the manager about the work check al the products to put on the shelf, check the machines to use, forklift, reach truck etc, and proceed to stock the products
Active and fun work place
Customer Service Specialist-Paint (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2015
Very diverse culture, people from every walks of life. Very friendly customers. Lots of managers to run the store and they are good listeners. Hard work but its rewarding and healthy.
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
good enviroment to work in
Flooring sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
It was a good place to work, but they didn't provide me with enough hours. They also only offered seasonal employment which means I only work during the summer.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
short hours, random shift scheduling.
7/10
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 16, 2015
Liked the actual work because it pushed me physically. i had to think in order to fit items into a limited amount of space. Nice pay but tough hours.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad hours
Great working environment with even better people.
Sales Asscoiate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONAugust 7, 2015
Upon arrival the people that I interacted with were great to talk to. The employees are incredibly welcoming, and are willing to teach you and help you. The only downfall that I have to give is that you are basically thrown onto the floor with little teaching about the products you are dealing with. You have to be good with learning on your feet, and be able to tell people that you don't know.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Fast pace enviroment
Sales Specialist (Kitchens) (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 5, 2015
Overall great place to work with fun staff and great job culture. Lots of room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed my position what what I had to do on a daily basis and had fun while doing my job.
Good pay but not job secure
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 5, 2015
Our local Lowes will keep you right until the last day or two of your probation then let you go. They will not assist you with your issues if they dont have the time. You will be assured of customer service and ample bodies on shift but will find that this is not the reality of it. Make sure you get along with everyone, if not and they complain, you will be black listed and no assistance will come. Your schedule will change at a drop of the hat and unless you check your work email regularly, you will have no other notice. You will also only get afternoons and nights if they either do not like you personally or you are only a peak position, although they will not tell you this either. If you are in a management role, you will not get all of your breaks either and this is of no issue to those higher up as long as those you are responsible for are getting theres. Also if you suck up to the right managers, you will be able to dictate where and what you do while at work, even if this means that someone else needs to pick up your slack on things.
Pros
favoratism to those who are shined on
Cons
Unannounced schedule changes
poor management at the ASM level
Lumber associate, part time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, west endAugust 2, 2015
Overall I loved working for Lowes, West End. Store manager is great. Staff were also great to work with. However, the ASM's, for the most part have minimal people and leadership skills. In particular would be the loss prevention/safety manager. This individual consistently harasses and intimidates the female staff and members of the staff whose only income is Lowes. He has gone so far as to send a female employee up a ladder to clean fixtures while she was in a leg cast. He has a hate on for the military and has said, in front of anyone willing to listen, that he will get this person or that person. He has made one young lady cry and quit her job. These things are known by management but nothing is ever done to him. Since he has come to the west end location(from the south store) Lowes has lost some very good staff and the morale, that was once very high, is now gone. Lowes, at least in the West end, does not seem to care about their staff enough to fix the problems and would rather continually hire and retrain staff. Frustrating for those of us that care about Lowes and our jobs
Pros
staff, store manager
Cons
safety/loss prevention, ASM's
not great if your not best friends with the managment
general labourer (Former Employee) –  RDC Milton, OntJuly 27, 2015
the jobs are easy, but if you chose to stay quite and to yourself your told that you are being negative. If your not best friends with the supervisors then you are treated like dirt. and by best friends I mean going out after work for beers and dinner and stuff, also you will never move up in the company.
Pros
bounses
Cons
never treated like a part of the team.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
P/T Electrical Dep (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 15, 2015
A typical day will include answering, advising and selling various products to customers in search of various item from outdoor power equipment to electrical needs.
Pros
great enviroment to work. lots of team players
decent place to work
Night crew (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 1, 2015
Co-workers are fun to work with but comunication with managment is poor. A night shift is stocking and top stocking product that came from the dilivery trucks. All product must be cleared out of receiving and in their home or put up in top stock.
Great team environment
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 29, 2015
Great atmosphere to work in. would load/unload, gather deliveries, package merchandise, bring stock onto sales floor, etc.
Pros
great team environment, very welcoming to any employee
Cons
not enough hours offered at the moment
Lowe's is a very strong team orientated enviroment
CSA Paint and Walls and Windows and Kitchen (Current Employee) –  East Gwillenbury, ONTJune 29, 2015
An excellent company to work for but moving forward is difficult. Loyal to their employees. It is a challenging company with fluctuation g hours during down seasons
productive, busy, good social environment
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Its a busy but productive environment, management is decent, co-workers are very positive, but lowes is a fast paced job that does require alot of social interaction with customers, but is flexible to an extent.
Company that will just throw you away
Loader/ yard marshall (Former Employee) –  Milton RDCJune 29, 2015
Good workplace with amazing supervisors who got your back no matter what, BUT corrupt upper management and HR..

less than 2 weeks away from full time employment, i get harassed by a fellow worker, then they do a shady investigation and fire me. This is the kind of company where you have to watch who you work with and who you talk to, cause they will fire you wrongfully and toss you under the bus...

American companies..... All i have to say
Friendly
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 20, 2015
Dusty and dry environment however very fun people to work with, almost enthusiastic i came to work with a smile very frequently
Safe and good Customer service focused goals
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge ONJune 10, 2015
The main focus is customer service. Without the customer we wouldn't have a job. A lot of tasking and resetting of merchandise to correspond with the changing flyer every week. Good management team and good co-workers. I'm always trying to improve my customer service skills, getting better at solving the customers problems quickly.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
short staffed on occasion