Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

The company was not forthright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 21, 2015
I felt that they did not do much hands on with you in the training. If you did something wrong they did not point it out so you could not learn when you did something incorrectly. They used you but did not really help you. If you asked they would tell you but they did not come out and tell you that you were doing something wrong not good. They had a high turn over on the employees due to their attitude.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
not too friendly
Customer sales associate
Millwork CSA (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMarch 24, 2016
the co-workers are the bast part of the job because they keep the friendly flow of work coming and are all generally great people to work with
Typical Customer Service and Cool Coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 17, 2015
Really enjoyed working with the people that I do. The company does prefer to hire within, but you have to put your time in with the company. Hours are all over the place and individuals that miss work or constantly slack on the job are held on to until the end of their contract, so really those are the only complaints that I have. Oh and they don't really reward those who put their time and efforts into the company.
Pros
Coworkers are great
lowes
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  regina skOctober 5, 2015
it was great working with lowes . i got lot of customer service experience and got good experience for administrative skills too.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
management
Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
Good work place and wonderful co-workers
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
Great job with wonderful co-workers and lots of hours. Accommodating with schedule when needed.
However, don't offer full time positions with benefits often.
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 18, 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
Not a enjoyable place to work
Outdoor Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day consisted of me preforming various activities in the outdoor lawn and garden section of the store. I would assist customers and make sure the shelves were constantly organized.
typical day
Assistant store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 1, 2015
company has many opportunities. There are over 15 depts. and many positions .The hours are long but the staff are ususally good.
Pros
good product
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amazing company, would recommend to anybody. Hard working people and committed staff all the time. Spent an amazing year in this company.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Great company to work for
Outdoor Centre Associate (Seasonal Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Loved working with the customers, and being involved in something I was highly knowledgeable about. It was also great working in the outdoors.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
The pay
perfect
Lumper and order picker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON Mississauga ONMay 1, 2016
speechless work environment. Everything i found there was awesome . All were doing with coopertion. Co workers are friendly. Lunch place was clean
Productive and busy place to work
Customer Service and Outside Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 22, 2015
A typical evening at work for me would be, cashing customers out, helping the customers load up their lumber and drywall, cleaning my area, answering the pro desks phones, answering questions, giving prices, cleaning up some of the lumber area and finding someone to help the customers with the things I do not know.
What I have learned is how to be more open and talkative with people, I have learned how to take information to help someone apply for a business credit card and a consumer credit card.
The management team is hard working and are always on their toes with customers and employees. Not a moments rest usually.
I enjoy working with my colleagues, they have been nice and supportive, they make life at work seem a bit easier than it usually can be.
The hardest part of the job is trying to help out with certain customers who create a language barrier, trying to explain things to them sometimes seems like it's not worth it but when it gets to that point I usually try to find someone who can translate for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that after I have helped someone that they are happier then they have been. I love being able to help out when I can and if it isn't my job to give the customer the help they need I get someone who can grant them what they want. The thing I love most of all is working on a team that feels like a family to me.
Pros
The BBQ's that get set up
Cons
Not enough people to help out
Active and fun work place
Customer Service Specialist-Paint (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2015
Very diverse culture, people from every walks of life. Very friendly customers. Lots of managers to run the store and they are good listeners. Hard work but its rewarding and healthy.
Each day is new
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work, meeting new people. Life long friends have been made. Each day brings new challenges to the table. A wide variety of skills will be learned working here.
Great atmosphere and co-workers
customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 26, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work there is potential to move to different positions, and room for some growth. The management is good to work with and is always willing to listen. Work days mainly include helping customers and re-stocking store shelves, but for me it also includes managing employees, and attending to urgent matters. Co-workers at Lowe's are great everyone has a good attitude and come willing to work on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to get everything that needs to be done, done, because of how busy the store can get even with a good work ethic it is still very challenging some days.
Pros
Free lunches some times, good atmosphere, great people
Friendly, Supportive, Great Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly Work Environment
Supportive Co-Workers
Provides Great Customer Service
Learned a lot about home improvement and retail/customer service work.
great place to work
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 11, 2016
fast paced and busy, answering phones while serving customers paging and working on computers all at the same time. Challenging at times but relying on coworkers was essential to keep things running smooth
just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.
Pros
benefits for part time staff
Cons
negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.