Lowe's Employee Reviews

Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 11, 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
Customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
Wanting to much from employees for what they are willing to pay.
Some of the management staff lacked in thier job training.
They do not know what part time means.
Pros
10% DISCOUNT
Cons
EXPECT TO MUCH FROM SOME EMPLOYEES
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 14, 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
very busy place
stocker receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
very busy all the time receiving and stocking for next day

learn new tool for job

management ok

co-worker ok

hardest part is night shift

quiet and have music all night long in stores
Pros
people are ok
Cons
night shift
pro
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 13, 2016
typical day handling job on daily basis for submitting data
leanred hadoop components
coworkerds
hardest part of job .
enjoyable part is
Pros
free lunch
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
Pros
I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons
All about the numbers.
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2016
I enjoy working here because the people are great and its a wonderful environment. They trained me on the necessary equipment to do my job properly and gave me room to grow.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
Great to work there. Community oriented. The hardest part of the job was helping difficult customers. The management was very hands-on.
Lowe's Canada
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 25, 2016
One and one with contractors. I learned patients is a good quality. Customer Service and being a team player. With Support from management work productivity goes a long way.
Pros
Meet new people/clients
Cons
out of stock on products
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee) –  HAMILTONSeptember 15, 2015
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Pros
One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons
Poor scheduling, no longevity in job
Good work environment where customer focus is the lifeblood of the company
Cashier / Customer Service (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
I am a cashier and I like working here but I still have room to improve. My job is not secure but I hope to get a raise in my pay soon. The management is alright but you don't get along with everyone. That is life in the workplace but your try which I have been doing since I started working here. I am doing what I am told to do. I just feel that this company needs to be better organized in terms of contract and in terms of employee incentives as well as benefits to employees who have remained with the company for a long time. All and all there is room for improvement with Lowe's but it is a good company to start off with in your working life.
A fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
Its a nice and fun place to work because majority of the co-workers were very kind and never gave me a bad attitude. They also made it very comfortable and never made me feel like I had to be someone else.

The management was the only thing I had a problem with because I felt they treat the employees in receiving different the the employees on the floor