Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowe's Canada
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 April 2016
One and one with contractors. I learned patients is a good quality. Customer Service and being a team player. With Support from management work productivity goes a long way.
Pros
Meet new people/clients
Cons
out of stock on products
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2016
Amazing company, would recommend to anybody. Hard working people and committed staff all the time. Spent an amazing year in this company.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
good people to work with
Stocker/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 April 2016
I enjoyed most of my days at Lowe's. The people were very easy to get along with. But with all the change in such a short period in time the people were frustrated with upper management. I got let go when I was on stress leave which was not proper.
Pros
had fulltime with benefits
Cons
let me go without cause.
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.12 April 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Good work place and wonderful co-workers
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 April 2016
Great job with wonderful co-workers and lots of hours. Accommodating with schedule when needed.
However, don't offer full time positions with benefits often.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 April 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee) –  130ave cagary25 March 2016
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons
Good place to work.
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 March 2016
All of the employee were great people to work with and was a great experience. the hardest part was unloading the trucks and they were packed stupid and kept falling.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Run out of work when not busy
Customer sales associate
Millwork CSA (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON24 March 2016
the co-workers are the bast part of the job because they keep the friendly flow of work coming and are all generally great people to work with
-Challenging and stimulating
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
-spent majority of day helping customers find certain products, gave quotes, picked orders or general cleaning
-Lowes has taught me to work by myself with no supervision for long periods of time as well as working with fellow lowes associates
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 March 2016
Management kept people happy, listened to concerns and did they're best to fix/accommodate. Stable hours, and if your willing they'll offer even more.
Easy going and enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 March 2016
Customer service, helped check out customers ,cash and card transactions. Helped customers apply for credit card. Cleaned cash tills.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers
Cons
Help from supervisors/managers when needed
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 March 2016
This is a company that sells home improvement items and they are a very large company with a lot of staff they employ at there various locations across the country.
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Lack of wage
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 March 2016
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Pros
customers, learning
Cons
unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
Great energetic environment
Customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2016
Working at Lowe's has given me the opportunity to learn a lot of things that will be beneficial for future jobs. The most enjoyable part is helping the customers with there motives and being successful.
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the Queensway8 March 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na