Lowe's
5,225 reviews

Lowe's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work while in college
Hardware Tools Associate (Former Employee), ArizonaApril 22, 2014
As a part time employee there is not much responsibility put on you. It is a fun place to work and you can learn a lot about different home improvement things.
Lawn And Garden Associate
Lawn & Garden Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Madisonville, KYApril 22, 2014
Pros: near my house and nice customers
Cons: temporary seasonal job
Seasonal Lawn and Garden associate in the Madisonville, Kentucky where I lived and met a lot of nice local people and worked with some really great people. Some duties consisted of watering plants, driving the forklift, restocking, and closing duties like cleaning.
Close knit family oriented
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Fenton, MOApril 22, 2014
Pros: family oriented, open door policy
Cons: lack of communication in hr lack of promotions in certain departments
Our company, specifically our store, is highly regarded as a family first company. We are encouraged to do our best and bring new ideas to management.
Enjoyed learning about all things home improvement
COMMERCIAL SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCApril 22, 2014
Enjoyed the co-workers, management and all the customers and learning about team work and home improvement and safety
Busy, productive and enjoyed working with plants.
Sales Associate, Outside lawn and garden/seasonal (Former Employee), Mustang, OKApril 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed being outside working with plants
Cons: the heat was bad in mid summer
Unloaded plants from racks, sat up on tables, watered, picked out distressed plants and marked down for sale. ;
Wonderful first time Job.
Human Resources Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: great team that helped when needed.
Cons: limited time off during the holidays.
- Typical day included taking care of customers and providing great customer service.
- I learned how to provide great customer service and how to work on a team.
- Management was great worked around a school schedule and gave time off when needed.
- Co-workers were great they fostered a team atmosphere where everyone helped.
- The hardest part of my – more... job was at times dealing with upset customers.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was the team that I worked with. – less
Enjoy the face pace enviroment and providing knowledge of hardware tools.
Hardware Associate (Current Employee), Hoover, ALApril 21, 2014
Never a dull moment. A constant changing enviroment which I enjoy.
its lowes way or the high way
Leader of team (Former Employee), canandaguia nyApril 21, 2014
Pros: steady pay
Cons: bad work environment
not a good working environment. it was very bureaucratic and all the rules and polices come from corporate and even the managers don't understand most of them
Lowes needs improvement
Interior and exterior project coordinator (Current Employee), Champaign, ILApril 21, 2014
Operate power equipment
Sell and quote installation materials for decking, interior projects and fencing
I loved my job
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: short breaks
Great place i love working their they were really understand i enjoyed working with customer> A typical day at work would be helping customer with their purchases and making sure the parking lost was clean>the hardest part of my job is working in the rain.
Management was great I then started working indoors and unloading the truck and unloading freight – more... which i also enjoyed – less
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 21, 2014
Lowe's is a great place to work. At the time of my employment, I was given a lot of responsibility, however, my pay did not reflect that. I was worth a lot more than I was paid.
Good work environment with minimal issues
CSA Front End (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FLApril 20, 2014
The associates at Lowe's are among the best. Teamwork is a strong suit. The hardest part of the job is finding enough time to get all your tasks completed. The best part of the job is working with so many different people.
Poor place to work.
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLApril 20, 2014
Pros: benefits for part timers.
Cons: unrealistic expectations from management, no organization. low pay for hard work.
The job is physically demanding. Management is most concerned with the corporate mandated charts and graphs regarding size of truck and times to unload. The most rewarding part of the job is the camaraderie with my coworkers.
Fine place to work
Customer Service & Home D├ęcor Representative (Current Employee), Sherman, TXApril 20, 2014
Special orders daily
Management was fun to work with
Licensed for power equipment
Didn't have flexibility
Up beat environment with friendly faces
Customer service (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 20, 2014
typical day at work, punch in early head straight to the sales floor.
respect isnt given its earned.
management: always took the time to acknowledge associate achievements
-co-workers the bread butter of the store considered a few family
-etertaining customers
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, – more... such as names.
Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed. – less
Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to move. They pay fairly well.
Admin/Customer Service Department Manager (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, personable staff and managment, no two days are the same, meet a lot of people, both customers and staff.
Some days are very busy, others are not. If you plan well, you can accomplish required tasks efficiently and leave yourself plenty of time to service customers. Selling is very important and you must be willing to be a sales driven person and not just an order taker.
Loved meeting different people each day with issues i could help with.
seasonal customer service (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 19, 2014
I enjoyed this job very much. It was something new each day & I tended to build a relationship with my customers that came to see me. I like being on the move at work, always having something to do. I enjoyed the openness of the store as a whole. Being able to work outside when it's a beautiful day, there's nothing else like it. My only downfall was – more... it was very limited for seasonal help only. – less
great place to work
Millwork specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
work well with school sched, help if you had any problems, vacation, promotes within
Great work place.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHApril 18, 2014
Pros: great job, 401k
Cons: slow duering the winter
mostly helping customers and make shore the sore is stocked with inventory. Good co-workers leaned about a lot of different home improvement products.
Fast-paced, interactive, fun place to work. Fellow employees helpful and friendly
Kitchen Designer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincolnwood, IllinoisApril 18, 2014
Pros: extensive benefits, product and design training
Cons: working in more than one department
I would have 1 or 2 appointments with clients in various stages of project. I would spend time following up with clients I had given proposals to. I would talk to vendors to monitor deliveries and orders. I became proficient in 20/20 kitchen design software. I learned and used order management system. My department manager was helpful, motivating and – more... supportive. The hardest part was managing clients who I was working with to take time to assist walk-in customers.The most enjoyable part was taking a client from inception thru design, order, delivery and completion. I built trusting relationships with most of my customers – less

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more