Lowe's

Lowe's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive and friendly culture
CASHIER - FRONT END ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Very nice company but still needs to grow.
Excellent co-workers
Managers are very understanding and accommodating
Excellent customer service provided by all staff
Very good company to work for, always changing for the better.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Menifee, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: employee of the month, safety bbq's, themed events, movies always playing in the breakroom
Everyday working with motivating people to accomplish daily tasks while providing excellent customer service. Support from the management team allowed employees to use their creative side in order to sell, merchandise and do their job better.
Learned how to use different types of materials handling
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Learned how to use different types of materials handling. For instance : Forklift
No one has a clue what they are doing
Commercial Sale Specialist (Current Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 31, 2012
Pros: close to my house
Cons: everything else
Blame blame blame is their motto and watch out if your boss has made an error because as some point they will be passing the buck on to you
unsatisfactory workplace
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 26, 2012
management is horrible, poorly run, no communication, the only thing that was good was working with my co-workers
no fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2012
no social committy! or christmas party perhaps no associate cohesivness because of the lack of social events.
typical retail job, unspoken seniority, 0-40 hours per week, few full time positions
good job for when in school
Sales (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 21, 2012
wrok with dlients all day
sell product in your deparment
meet new people
Fun but stressful place to work.
Deli Clerk, loader and commercial loader (Former Employee), Balzac, ABAugust 13, 2012
A great place for people wanting to work for the summer or get some work experience. good for people new to the work force.
Lots of drama and gossip.
A good place to help people build things.
LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 24, 2012
A typical day included helping people build all kinds of home projects. good times.
Dm frieght flow Edmonton
Department Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 9, 2012
Very demanding huge responsibility. There is no training and hardly no support!! Expectation to succeed are near impossible. The vision is great but new store management needs to learn ALLOT about the people and the right way to motivate. Change in leadership from the top down is exactly that top down! No collaboration!
long hrs, incredible expextations, no job security, horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 30, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: all
5 am t0 5 pm open shift
12 to 11+ close
no labor
high expextations for what you have to work with
high turn over
zero on the job training for management
poor district manager leadership
basso looks after himself only askes you to change things from company policy then puts all the changes on you when his boss calls out the differences from policy
store – more... manager is a yes man
no sympathy for family deaths
too much to list
worst place i ever worked – less
If it wasn't for the other people on overnights I would have KILLED myself.
Overnight stocking Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor (and lying) management
Typical day... start @ 10:30 NOT ONE MINUTE EARLY or else you will be penalized..
Go to store pep rally (whoopie). Be told store wouldn't function with out you (BLAH ..BLAH.. BLAH..).
Clean up day shift mess..Approximately 6 hours.
Attempt to put stock away (like putting a square peg in a round hole).
Be told by day shift manager that you didn't live – more... up to their expectations. Or that you didn't put forth 110 %.
Suck it up because the benefits were the only good thing about this company
Management would hide from any and every responsibility ( Well what do YOU think we should do ???).
Some co-workers were awesome others I wouldn't cross the road to urinate in their ear if their brain was on fire...
Hardest part of my job was going in everyday...
Most enjoyable part was going home at the end of my shift.
The best was when you get hired and told by the store manager that you will only be in a position for a couple of months....There will be lots of chances to move up....15 months later you quit to take a lower paying job just so you can return to a normal lifestyle and sleep patterns.
I know what your thinking but I'm not a whinner I received 2 exemplary performance reviews and I never missed a day of work and always pulled my own weight. – less
Daily Work Load
Kitchen Sales Specialist and Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2012
Pros: my experience has earned the the respect of my colleagues and clients.
Cons: retail hours
My recent employment in retail, I have quickly experienced and learned the many challenges pertaining to this industry. Currently, my management team, is virtually invisible. Which I can conclude, reflects the quality of my role.

A typical day consists of maintaining my order management, scheduling, designing, and providing exceptional customer service – more... to all that visit the store. – less
Team Building is a very emphasized quality
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 3, 2012
Make you feel as a valued member of a productive group
Management demand a lot but very fair
Co-workers were helpful
Excellent place to work with many opportunities
Credit/SOS Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 24, 2012
I have worked at Lowes for years and have always enjoyed my job. It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Lowes is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Overall a great place to work!
Fun, outgoing enviroment
Customer Service Associate Lowe's Home Improvement (Former Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: promotion
Cons: limited advancement
I loved working here. It was a very fun and upbeat environment. Very friendly people and always busy.
Good company, with good benefits.
Cashier/CSA (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYAugust 19, 2014
Worked here for nearly 6 years. Focused mostly on customer service, sales, merchandising, etc...
Nice coworkers, flexible schedule
Loader (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: low pay rate for difficult, physically demanding work
Helped customers load purchases into vehicles, retrieved orders from around the store
Lowes is a good place to work
Paint Department Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Attleboro, MAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: excellent management, frequent breaks, busy and slow days, enjoyable, awesome coworkers, clean environment
Cons: bad scheduling, inconsistent hours, inconsistent shifts
Lowes is a good place to work. The store is always clean, the customers are always cared for, and there's never a dull day. My coworkers are always there for me and have helped me grow every step of the way. The supervisors are friendly and act like real people, unlike many other franchise companies. The store manager is a really friendly guy and will – more... help out in any department of the store when needed. I have to admit that my favorite days are the busiest ones. I hate slow days because there's rarely ever anything productive to do. If the day is slow and there's hundred of boxes to be moved around, then I can actually enjoy it. When there's not much to do in the department I prefer those days where swarms of customers come in at once. I really enjoy helping customers back to back because not only does it make the day go by faster, but it makes the day feel productive. These months that I have been at Lowes have helped me in a few ways; I've improved my people skills, I've developed sales skills, and I've started my career life off on a good note. – less
Ability to advance quickly, but terrible compensation/hours
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 19, 2014
Cons: short breaks, terrible schedule
It's a typical retail establishment, but I was able to move up which made it exciting, but it was very hard to work there during the economic downturn...

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more