Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
assist customers with hardware needs
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: good work environment, co-workers, management
Cons: long hours without a break usually due to staff shortages
I assisted customers with their requests; stock recovery during the slow periods. I learned all about the features and benefits of the various tools, nails, screws ,etc. from my customers and co-workers. Management was always available and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide the needs of the customer; the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs.
over worked under paid
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee), 3010 Provincial RDOctober 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
minimum wage with no shift premium for midnights.
1/2 unpaid lunch and not allowed to leave the store.
Perfect for students.
Strong Relationships
Department Manager, Full-time (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Under Staffed
Working at Lowe's has been a pleasure. The people you work with are always one of a kind. I have met some amazing people during my time with Lowe's, some of which have become great friends even outside of work.
Very Supportive of employees, great place to work
Overnight Lead Receiver and Stock Personnel (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 6, 2015
Lowe's was very supportive of their employees and was always giving encouragement to strive for the best in everything. Co-workers were great to work with and the job was very enjoyable.
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
lowes
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), regina skOctober 5, 2015
Pros: gained experience
Cons: management
it was great working with lowes . i got lot of customer service experience and got good experience for administrative skills too.
Culture is a challenge
Director, Commercial Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2015
Really enjoyed what I was responsible for, the team I worked with and the clients we satisfied. The work environment was quite negative, however, and collaborative team work became a challenge.
typical day
Assistant store Manager (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 1, 2015
Pros: good product
Cons: long hours
company has many opportunities. There are over 15 depts. and many positions .The hours are long but the staff are ususally good.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Productive and busy place to work
Customer Service and Outside Seasonal (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: The BBQ's that get set up
Cons: Not enough people to help out
A typical evening at work for me would be, cashing customers out, helping the customers load up their lumber and drywall, cleaning my area, answering the pro desks phones, answering questions, giving prices, cleaning up some of the lumber area and finding someone to help the customers with the things I do not know.
What I have learned is how to be more open and talkative with people, I have learned how to take information to help someone apply for a business credit card and a consumer credit card.
The management team is hard working and are always on their toes with customers and employees. Not a moments rest usually.
I enjoy working with my colleagues, they have been nice and supportive, they make life at work seem a bit easier than it usually can be.
The hardest part of the job is trying to help out with certain customers who create a language barrier, trying to explain things to them sometimes seems like it's not worth it but when it gets to that point I usually try to find someone who can translate for me.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that after I have helped someone that they are happier then they have been. I love being able to help out when I can and if it isn't my job to give the customer the help they need I get someone who can grant them what they want. The thing I love most of all is working on a team that feels like a family to me.
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee), HAMILTONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons: Poor scheduling, no longevity in job
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Team members are great to work with and cooperative.
Distribution Planning Manager (Former Employee), Milton, OntarioSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches and shirts
Cons: poor direction by senior management
Lowe's US division operates at a more structuresd and organized environment. The Canadian division does not like to follow the same rules and pushes back to Canadianize the operation. Unfortunate for the individuals that represent the DC and communicate and work with the US head quarters.
Nice PT job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Demanding job (physically and socially)
Employees are friendly, hard-wroking.
Experiences with management have been 50/50; there's been times where requests with management is good, but just as many times frustrating and annoying.
Typical 8 hour days with a 1 hour lunch, with very little overtime possible.
Keeps you on your feet most of the day.
Flexibility of hours is alright.
More-than-alright pay for a part-time job.
WORKED MOSTLY NIGHTS.DIDN'T LIKE THAT
Was a cashier (Former Employee), NORTHSIDESeptember 1, 2015
STANDING IN FRONT OF THE TILL WAITING FOR CUSTOMERS TO COME TO MY TILL.IT WAS KIND OF A LONG BORING JOB UNLESS ONE HAD A LINEUP OF CUSTOMERS THAT KEPT ME BUSY.
Lowes
Front End Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Niagara FallsAugust 29, 2015
It's a job. Not the worst but not the greatest. I was only hired as seasonal but got asked to stay as peak. Co workers are all friendly. Communication could be better though.
nice place
Night stocker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2015
put my PPE check my time card, receive instruction for the manager about the work check al the products to put on the shelf, check the machines to use, forklift, reach truck etc, and proceed to stock the products
Active and fun work place
Customer Service Specialist-Paint (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2015
Very diverse culture, people from every walks of life. Very friendly customers. Lots of managers to run the store and they are good listeners. Hard work but its rewarding and healthy.
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
good enviroment to work in
Flooring sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: short hours, random shift scheduling.
It was a good place to work, but they didn't provide me with enough hours. They also only offered seasonal employment which means I only work during the summer.
7/10
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Milton, ONAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad hours
Liked the actual work because it pushed me physically. i had to think in order to fit items into a limited amount of space. Nice pay but tough hours.
Headquarters