Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management incompetence
Warehouse
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Was a good team environment management was slow to react to issues that were brought up but for the amount of money you make it's a good place, general day consisted of meeting at the start, dispersing product sent to select areas and put product away.
Pros
instore party every payday
Cons
Lazy Management
great place to work
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 11, 2016
fast paced and busy, answering phones while serving customers paging and working on computers all at the same time. Challenging at times but relying on coworkers was essential to keep things running smooth
Co workers are nice, management is deceptive
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Lowe's as a company will save money to help stock holders at any cost. They will change the title of a position (even though the job tasks and expectations are exactly the same) so they can drop the wage. They will cut hours even thought sales increase. The management will not help on the floor even though there may only be four or five associates. The few good things about Lowe's is their benefit package, scheduled breaks, and lunches, holidays, paid sick days for part time and full time employees.

Peak employees who may work 40 hours a week continuously will not receive benefits, holidays, or paid sick days.

For the minimum wage you will start at you may as well work at any other retail job be it a grocery store, fast food place, clothing store etc. It won't be as physically demanding and hard on your body.
Pros
Benefits, paid sick days, holidays
Cons
Underhanded and sneeky moves by management
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved
Great job for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 4, 2016
- Process credit card applications and online orders
- Assist customers through checkout
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Engage in good working relationships with customers
- Learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my coworkers
- Hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness and not facing new challenges
- Most enjoyable part is my coworkers, very caring and helpful group
Pros
Good people
cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 2, 2016
beware, what they don't tell you during any of the three interviews is that the cashiers job is also to clean the public toilets.. disgusting for minimum wage job.. if you want a janitorial job you can get top dollar doing that..
Great company to work for
Outdoor Centre Associate (Seasonal Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Loved working with the customers, and being involved in something I was highly knowledgeable about. It was also great working in the outdoors.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
The pay
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 29, 2015
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
Pros
One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons
Downsizing
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
Pros
Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons
Night Shifts
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Outstanding team members
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
Loved working there. Clean store. Good processes in place. Some senior managers better than others. Better wages than other box stores.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Lowes was a great place to work. While things were not perfect and sometimes there was not enough staff, there was always a stress on work safety and what was best for the customer. Even though I worked at night I felt like I was working for the sake of the customer. I liked the variety of the job. I would punch in for my shift and then head to the receiving area to see what the unloaded merchandise looked like. Then I would hop on a forklift and help the supervisor take the product to the floor for the guys. This would last about two hours and then after the first break I would usually start my own areas which were flooring, millwork and lumber. I enjoyed the hard work and the strategizing that had to take place in order to get all the product stocked. After the lunch break we would usually have inventory duties to take care of and then taking the cardboard back and winding down for the end of the shift.
Pros
consistency and stability
Cons
at times we were limited in staff
Lowe's Sault Ste Marie - Bringing in Sales
Assistant Store Manager Administrative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 23, 2015
The only way to completely entice and tempt a customer to buy is to make them feel entirely at ease and relaxed during their shopping experience. I ensure that this is accomplished by creating an atheistically balanced and pleasing environment where the customer can complete their shopping for either mission items or impulse items without distraction or difficulties.
I make a point to adapt and overcome to all changes and situations arising on an extended or daily basis. This includes adapting to any changes in external atmosphere requiring specialized impromptu merchandising for all the customer's needs from day to day and from moment to moment.

I contribute to our Store's sales plan by ensuring that every aspect of our business is aesthetically pleasing, replenished with inventory, and ready to be shopped by the customer. I encourage an increased focus on gaining customer confidence and improving our overall sales significantly via Department Manager encouragement, leadership training, and implied ownership of areas. I encourage the development and awareness of stock levels and integrity as well as appropriate replenishment that will improve individual department sales throughout the store. An emphasis being placed on upcoming promotional events as well as the merchandising integrity, location, and strategies of our current flyer items from week to week.
The company was not forthright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONNovember 21, 2015
I felt that they did not do much hands on with you in the training. If you did something wrong they did not point it out so you could not learn when you did something incorrectly. They used you but did not really help you. If you asked they would tell you but they did not come out and tell you that you were doing something wrong not good. They had a high turn over on the employees due to their attitude.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
not too friendly
Fun work place and got a chance to meet different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 19, 2015
It wasn't a very important job but it taught me things such as how to always be productive and work as a team with my coworkers, help get the customers what they wanted in a timely fashion and always give 100% in everything I did while I was working. It was an extremely great company to work for and they have great job security and a great team. They had meetings once a week that would help the employees greet and treat not only themselves and coworkers but also customers with respect and satisfaction that didn't make it feel like work and always made the customers want to continue to do business there. It was a great place to work I just wanted something more for myself.
Pros
Cons
Wearing construction boats to work
Typical Customer Service and Cool Coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 17, 2015
Really enjoyed working with the people that I do. The company does prefer to hire within, but you have to put your time in with the company. Hours are all over the place and individuals that miss work or constantly slack on the job are held on to until the end of their contract, so really those are the only complaints that I have. Oh and they don't really reward those who put their time and efforts into the company.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Nice place, but upper management needs help
Commercial Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
I liked working there for a large portion of the job, it was stressful but rewarding kind of. I however had a problem of the macro-managing from your plethora of managers to report to. You would get different orders from different managers, very often conflicting with each other. They demanded too many things (such as look after another department even though youre drowning in work from your own department). When the store first started (I helped build the store), its manager was meh, but the next manager was amazing. He would go around to the departments and ask if they needed help, and he had a hand in everything but didnt feel like he was breathing down your neck. He was an awesome manager, keyword was. I assume he had a lot of pressure from the higher ups because he changed drastically to a delegate type of manager without really listening to the employees on their feedback.

Being there from the beginning and seeing people come and go was hard but you got to work with a lot of nice people (also a lot of bad ones too). It was very fast paced but overall not a terrible place to work.