Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 August 2016
Lowe's is a fun place to work with a great discount program for their employees. Unfortunately it can be stressful at times when there are not enough employees to deal with all the customers
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
unguaranteed hours
Depend on your Manager
Lumber and Building Materials/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2016
If you have a Manager who will help out and Manage properly then it could be the greatest job in the world. If not its a depressing place to work.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
Productive, Easy to get the hang of it.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  1945 Barton st. S9 August 2016
Overall experience was great, besides being night shift other then that the work wasn't it to heavy on you and you were able to work at your own paste.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor Management, worked you like a slave.
So much nepotism
PSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2016
Been there since the beginning from 2008 in windsor, no other jobs were around due to recession, and lucky for lowes there was recession because they would have lost most of the good workers alot sooner, now jobs are coming back to the the area, theyre starting to see a high turnover, anyway, upper management is useless, dm's are actually better and know more, management will stab you in the back in a heartbeat, nepotism is the biggest issue, unless you came over to lowes from the start from walmart or the grocery business you will be an outcast no matter how hard you work, they will tell you what you want to hear but never follow through, policies change on the fly without being informed, they lie about pay scale, so much more to list i can write a thesis on it. All in all dont work here its a dishonest and brutal company, they only care about profits/sales= thier bonuses, this job is really for students for the time they are in school, and for retirees or people who are about to retire, other than that if you are in your prime years dont waste your time with this bigot company
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Lowes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 August 2016
Very fast paced, high pressured environment. I often felt like a bomb defuser, often feeling the backlash of the explosions. Hours are all over the map from 5am to 11pm. It was challenging becoming comfortable with a schedule that changed so drastically
Pros
employees humble, opportunity for growth
Cons
inconsistent schduale, and company does not not stand behind the manager
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  abbotsford5 August 2016
I only had a few weeks to learn a complicated system enjoyed the job excellent co workers needed more time to learn a system that was new to me. Although many people had similar difficulties
Pros
nice enviorement
Cons
short time to learn the system
Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 July 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 July 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning
gained merchandising experience
Merchandiser and Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2016
review tasks and projects that are work orders
complete tasks and submit information
maintain planogram integrity
perform service hours to maintain product and display integrity
drive heavy equipment to retrieve product and display units
remove and adjust steel according to planogram
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
HR integrity
Productive place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 July 2016
Really good culture
Management is very cooperative
Co-workers were very fun to work with
Good experience dealing with customers
Pros
a lot of benefits
good people to work with
Cash office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and Sheppard11 July 2016
I answer customer service calls, greet visitors, manage calendar, accept deliveries, send out packages, check and answer main email address. My manager is a great person to work for. My co-workers are all very nice. The hardest part of the job are the complaint customer service calls, but I handle them well. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving nice customer service calls.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 July 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 July 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
Good work environment.
Customer Service Associate Millwork (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 July 2016
Good work environment, loved the people. Low paying job but not a whole lot to complain about.

Typical day includes stocking, serving customers and going over orders and inventory.
Incompetence Left, Right and Center
Customer Service Associate- Paint (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 July 2016
Are you under 30 and a male? If the answer is yes prepare to be abused.

As a male under 30, you will be expected to complete the work of 3-6 people, while other employees stand around giving you brainless smiles and otherwise being useless.

Get hurt doing such work, oh well, sorry for you. You're a part timer cause' we're to cheap to pay benefits, and we'll deny any claims made through workers' comp.

Aside from being a mule this is a company where the management knows less than the front line employees, yet this is the case at Lowe's.

You will be called into the office and disciplined for not asking enough questions, you begin asking more questions and your manager cannot answer as they themselves do not know.

ASM's are also a joke, many of them struggle to find the intelligence to walk and talk and the same time, let alone effectively manage

Finally Equipment is pathetic. Be prepared to have your equipment fail on a daily basis. Also be prepared either not to have your equipment fixed at all, or to have a half-hearted repair job done to it.

Do Yourself a Favour and Work Elsewhere
Pros
Some of the Co-workers
Cons
Cheap Cheap Cheap, Sexist Expectations, Zero Regard for Employees, Zero Advancement, Poor Wages, Won't give Full-Time (Too Cheap to pay Benefits)
lowe's review
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2016
A typical day at work is a busy day that consists of many many things. I am a person that likes to work at a very good pace so time could move effectively and efficiently. I do more than what I am supposed to do, as I know how to operate many aspects at Lowe's. Managers are very friendly towards me as I am to them. I adhere to all tasks that I am assigned to, and if I can I will do other tasks to pass time. I am very talkative and friendly towards my co-workers. Almost every worker at Lowe's at the location at work at knows who I am and always greets me with a smile, as I do the same. As I work 2 jobs and go to post secondary, the hardest part of the job is to be "punctual". I am always on time for work, but there are times when I leave 30 mins to an hour early so I could catch up on school work or get to bed on time so I could wake up at 5am in the morning to go to my morning workplace. There are many things to enjoy about working at Lowe's. My most enjoyable part is helping customers that are very friendly and I love my co-workers.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
My Department manager was a perfect example of who you would want to work for. She made the position entertaining. However, the store was vastly understaffed, and the employees had little autonomy
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs