Lowe's Employee Reviews

Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON11 January 2017
Fun and great place to work at, Training and everything is simple as long as you do the work and listen to what the managers and other co-workers have to say. Overall fun place to work at and worth the experience.
Productive and well Organized workplace.
Customer Service (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 March 2017
During my co-op at LOWES, I discovered that it was a pleasant and friendly workplace. Everyone was trained and well organized, and overall atmosphere was pleasant.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Boring
setting up christmas in September !!
Product Service Associate, CSA (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 November 2016
Working in retail, every year my co workers and I would have to set up christmas in late September early October. Many times we would have to work overnights (not our decision) but we always made the best of it and had a blast.
Great place to work, friendly enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 January 2017
very friendly enviroment, staff was very helpful as well as managment , overall a great place to work, very flexible when it comes to scheduling I.E if you have school ect.
Productive, Easy to get the hang of it.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  1945 Barton st. S9 August 2016
Overall experience was great, besides being night shift other then that the work wasn't it to heavy on you and you were able to work at your own paste.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor Management, worked you like a slave.
assist customers with hardware needs
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 October 2015
I assisted customers with their requests; stock recovery during the slow periods. I learned all about the features and benefits of the various tools, nails, screws ,etc. from my customers and co-workers. Management was always available and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide the needs of the customer; the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs.
Pros
good work environment, co-workers, management
Cons
long hours without a break usually due to staff shortages
Lowes is a wonderful place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 December 2016
Lowe's offers work to all. Work is difficult and every day is different, with new challenges every time. Customers are some of the nicest customers as Lowe's strives to make the customer #1.
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 April 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
Microsoft Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC18 January 2017
A lot to do, and to expect since they bough Rona and this joint venture need to be "standardized".

Modern mentality allowing to work anytime and anywhere (remotely).
great experiences
Cashier/Customer Service/Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 February 2017
as a customer service rep I would assist customers to the best of my abilities and make sure the customers have a positive experience at the store....
Fun job
Loader (2015), Assembler (2016) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON30 January 2017
Fun and entertaining because everyone has a different profession and everyone knows what is best in different situations. I would suggest for high school students.
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 March 2016
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Pros
customers, learning
Cons
unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
Productive and Terrific
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
My typical day at Lowes was 8-9 hours long, with a one hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. I would typically start off by cleaning the department and helping customers, than i would down-stock and prepare orders for customers, and at the end of the day I'd clean the department.
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 July 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
na
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Co workers was always great. Managing the cashiers was my first experience as a leader thus helping me to build my leaderships skills. The enjoyable part of my job is to get involved with clients everyday.
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
The staff are great people, does not take long to feel like a family. The employee/manger relationship is great there is an open door policy which allows employees to contact their employer at all times.
Fun work place and got a chance to meet different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 November 2015
It wasn't a very important job but it taught me things such as how to always be productive and work as a team with my coworkers, help get the customers what they wanted in a timely fashion and always give 100% in everything I did while I was working. It was an extremely great company to work for and they have great job security and a great team. They had meetings once a week that would help the employees greet and treat not only themselves and coworkers but also customers with respect and satisfaction that didn't make it feel like work and always made the customers want to continue to do business there. It was a great place to work I just wanted something more for myself.
Pros
Cons
Wearing construction boats to work
Great place
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Enjoyed my time working there, learned a lot. I built confidence in my customer service communication skills. Able to work alone and do things on my own as well in a team.
Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 July 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning