Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice PT job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Employees are friendly, hard-wroking.
Experiences with management have been 50/50; there's been times where requests with management is good, but just as many times frustrating and annoying.
Typical 8 hour days with a 1 hour lunch, with very little overtime possible.
Keeps you on your feet most of the day.
Flexibility of hours is alright.
More-than-alright pay for a part-time job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Demanding job (physically and socially)
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
Pros
I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons
All about the numbers.
-Challenging and stimulating
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-spent majority of day helping customers find certain products, gave quotes, picked orders or general cleaning
-Lowes has taught me to work by myself with no supervision for long periods of time as well as working with fellow lowes associates
Customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
Wanting to much from employees for what they are willing to pay.
Some of the management staff lacked in thier job training.
They do not know what part time means.
Pros
10% DISCOUNT
Cons
EXPECT TO MUCH FROM SOME EMPLOYEES
Lowe's Canada
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 25, 2016
One and one with contractors. I learned patients is a good quality. Customer Service and being a team player. With Support from management work productivity goes a long way.
Pros
Meet new people/clients
Cons
out of stock on products
very busy place
stocker receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
very busy all the time receiving and stocking for next day

learn new tool for job

management ok

co-worker ok

hardest part is night shift

quiet and have music all night long in stores
Pros
people are ok
Cons
night shift
Easy going and enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 15, 2016
Customer service, helped check out customers ,cash and card transactions. Helped customers apply for credit card. Cleaned cash tills.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers
Cons
Help from supervisors/managers when needed
Great energetic environment
Customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Working at Lowe's has given me the opportunity to learn a lot of things that will be beneficial for future jobs. The most enjoyable part is helping the customers with there motives and being successful.
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 14, 2016
This is a company that sells home improvement items and they are a very large company with a lot of staff they employ at there various locations across the country.
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Lack of wage
Good place to work.
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
All of the employee were great people to work with and was a great experience. the hardest part was unloading the trucks and they were packed stupid and kept falling.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Run out of work when not busy
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2016
I enjoy working here because the people are great and its a wonderful environment. They trained me on the necessary equipment to do my job properly and gave me room to grow.
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
Great Place to work
Department Manager – Installation Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Lowe's in Canada is a growing organisation, which means a lot of opportunity to grow. Great leadership , lots of opportunities.
Pros
Staff discounts on purchases
Cons
Old Software
Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 18, 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee) –  HAMILTONSeptember 15, 2015
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Pros
One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons
Poor scheduling, no longevity in job