Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 12, 2016
Lowe's is a fun place to work with a great discount program for their employees. Unfortunately it can be stressful at times when there are not enough employees to deal with all the customers
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
unguaranteed hours
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  abbotsfordAugust 5, 2016
I only had a few weeks to learn a complicated system enjoyed the job excellent co workers needed more time to learn a system that was new to me. Although many people had similar difficulties
Pros
nice enviorement
Cons
short time to learn the system
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
Long, depressing work
Temp. 1xd (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Long days in a depressing environment in a loud busy warehouse. Very early start and if you live outside of milton you are left with only time to sleep in your free time.
Pros
3 day weekend, 40 hours a week.
Cons
Long days, boring work culture
Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2016
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Exhausting Work
A new store with new store issues.
Night Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 15, 2016
The staff was great. Management still had a lot to learn about expectations put upon staff in regards to opening a new store and planning for item location in advance of nightly reception.
Productive, Easy to get the hang of it.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  1945 Barton st. SAugust 9, 2016
Overall experience was great, besides being night shift other then that the work wasn't it to heavy on you and you were able to work at your own paste.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor Management, worked you like a slave.
Good work environment.
Customer Service Associate Millwork (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 10, 2016
Good work environment, loved the people. Low paying job but not a whole lot to complain about.

Typical day includes stocking, serving customers and going over orders and inventory.
Depend on your Manager
Lumber and Building Materials/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
If you have a Manager who will help out and Manage properly then it could be the greatest job in the world. If not its a depressing place to work.
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
Warehouse
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Was a good team environment management was slow to react to issues that were brought up but for the amount of money you make it's a good place, general day consisted of meeting at the start, dispersing product sent to select areas and put product away.
Pros
instore party every payday
Cons
Lazy Management
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
My Department manager was a perfect example of who you would want to work for. She made the position entertaining. However, the store was vastly understaffed, and the employees had little autonomy
Productive place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 12, 2016
Really good culture
Management is very cooperative
Co-workers were very fun to work with
Good experience dealing with customers
Pros
a lot of benefits