Lowe's Employee Reviews

great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 July 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 July 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning
assist customers with hardware needs
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 October 2015
I assisted customers with their requests; stock recovery during the slow periods. I learned all about the features and benefits of the various tools, nails, screws ,etc. from my customers and co-workers. Management was always available and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide the needs of the customer; the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs.
Pros
good work environment, co-workers, management
Cons
long hours without a break usually due to staff shortages
Good company
Manager in Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2016
Good company to work for with a friendly environment. It seems to be expanding therefore there's room for growth. Not really big on writing online review, hope this helps somebody.
Fun place to work, terrible higher managment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 November 2016
While the managers at the department range were fantastic, the assistant store managers were not taking there job seriously and were not taking initiative in their work leading the rest of the store in a negative environment.
Pros
Great employess to work with
Cons
Twice the work due to miscommunication
lowe's review
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2016
A typical day at work is a busy day that consists of many many things. I am a person that likes to work at a very good pace so time could move effectively and efficiently. I do more than what I am supposed to do, as I know how to operate many aspects at Lowe's. Managers are very friendly towards me as I am to them. I adhere to all tasks that I am assigned to, and if I can I will do other tasks to pass time. I am very talkative and friendly towards my co-workers. Almost every worker at Lowe's at the location at work at knows who I am and always greets me with a smile, as I do the same. As I work 2 jobs and go to post secondary, the hardest part of the job is to be "punctual". I am always on time for work, but there are times when I leave 30 mins to an hour early so I could catch up on school work or get to bed on time so I could wake up at 5am in the morning to go to my morning workplace. There are many things to enjoy about working at Lowe's. My most enjoyable part is helping customers that are very friendly and I love my co-workers.
Fun work place and got a chance to meet different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 November 2015
It wasn't a very important job but it taught me things such as how to always be productive and work as a team with my coworkers, help get the customers what they wanted in a timely fashion and always give 100% in everything I did while I was working. It was an extremely great company to work for and they have great job security and a great team. They had meetings once a week that would help the employees greet and treat not only themselves and coworkers but also customers with respect and satisfaction that didn't make it feel like work and always made the customers want to continue to do business there. It was a great place to work I just wanted something more for myself.
Pros
Cons
Wearing construction boats to work
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
I loved how I was welcome with open arms, and had my hard work noticed and it helped my progress to other departments in this location. I also loved how everyone got along and were willing to help each other out.
Overall, I did not get enough hours, but the pay was pretty reasonable
setting up christmas in September !!
Product Service Associate, CSA (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 November 2016
Working in retail, every year my co workers and I would have to set up christmas in late September early October. Many times we would have to work overnights (not our decision) but we always made the best of it and had a blast.
unsupportive
Sales Specialist Kitchen cabinets (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC22 December 2016
Recruited for one position and hired, reluctantly for another that they wanted to 'try' out. It was a design position that I have no experience in and told them so
Pros
very good team members
Cons
poor position support
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Productive and Terrific
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
My typical day at Lowes was 8-9 hours long, with a one hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. I would typically start off by cleaning the department and helping customers, than i would down-stock and prepare orders for customers, and at the end of the day I'd clean the department.
Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 July 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
na
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Co workers was always great. Managing the cashiers was my first experience as a leader thus helping me to build my leaderships skills. The enjoyable part of my job is to get involved with clients everyday.
Great place to work with very friendly clientele
Client services associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 August 2016
For an organized and detail oriented person such as myself, Lowes allowed me to prepare for further employment. I gained knowledge on not only the product within the store but valuable communication and computer skills. My co-workers were very helpful, cooperative and made what would have been a very routine work experience very engaging.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No weekends off.
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON11 January 2017
Fun and great place to work at, Training and everything is simple as long as you do the work and listen to what the managers and other co-workers have to say. Overall fun place to work at and worth the experience.
Lowes is a wonderful place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 December 2016
Lowe's offers work to all. Work is difficult and every day is different, with new challenges every time. Customers are some of the nicest customers as Lowe's strives to make the customer #1.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2016
Great to work there. Community oriented. The hardest part of the job was helping difficult customers. The management was very hands-on.
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
The staff are great people, does not take long to feel like a family. The employee/manger relationship is great there is an open door policy which allows employees to contact their employer at all times.
good job worked as a cashier for 4 months
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2016
Started my position as a cashier in september 2015 and finishing around march 2016, worked as a cashier, customer service rep. My job would mostly involve cashing customers out, also cleaning up and loading furniture.
Pros
co workers
Cons
minimum wage pay