Lowe's

Lowe's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Beware the cliques
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Rocky View, AlbertaApril 19, 2013
I hated it here. Absolutely hated it. I was told when I was hired that it's easy to advance - well, how can it be when you're not properly trained in the job you're hired for? You're very much left to fend for yourself, and if you ever ask for help, even in your first couple weeks on the job, you're spoken to like you're stupid, and like you shouldn't – more... need to ask for help. You go through lots of computer "training" - TOO much, even - but it doesn't help you learn your actual job, and they don't spend nearly enough time telling you how to do it, and then their expectations are way too high.

I have been a cashier for YEARS, and that's what I did at Lowe's, so it's not like that was my first gig doing just what they wanted me to do - but learning the ways a new company does things always presents a learning curve, and they just weren't supportive of that at Lowe's.

Not only that, but if you're not one of the "cool kids", you're going to be hated! By "young" staff and "grown ups" alike. – less
Learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: learned about customer service
Cons: managment was terrible
helping customers
learned how to give great customer service
were ok managment
co-workers were great
Customer Service Associate.
Customer Service Associate. (Former Employee), Orleans. OntarioApril 9, 2013
Cons: long hours poorly managed.
I worked for Lowe's for a short period of time. It's an ok job if like to be tossed around like a ping pong. Management is not professional and their open door concept is false. If you have a problem with something or someone don't bother telling them cause they will shut the door in your face. I would not recommend anyone to work their you are just – more... a number nothing more. Hours are awful they make you work 6 days straight and you work 9 hours with 1 hour lunch break. – less
Fun, fast paced environment
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2013
* Fun and enjoyable co-workers
* Cheerful/helpful management
Fun, fast paced environment
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2013
* Great co-workers with positive attitudes and helpful advice.
* Management always willing to help with any situation.
environmentally friendly, helpful co-worker
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 7, 2013
the most enjoyable part of than I saw the customer statisfaction.THAT AWSOME Feeling
Boring work environment with no clear cut career growth .
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 3, 2013
Cons: very unpredictable hours, with no job security !
Most ASM's and Store Mgrs are all running the stores in street wise manner as such , the Management style sucks !
In summary I would recommend Lowes as a great job with a strong future if availble as full time employment
Customer Service Associate / Plumbing (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 3, 2013
Pros: i really enjoy my co wprkers
Cons: only part time hours
I enjoy Lowes however I am not getting full time hours on a regular basis. I usually get 32 to 39 hours per week.

The most enjoyable part of working at Lowes is helping customers solve home improvement issues, while the least enjoyable is being short staffed therefore unable to help all customers.

In 3 years at Lowes I have learned basic plumbing – more... skills as well as millwork where we specialise in installing windows and doors. – less
Great place to work, would recommend it to any student
Customer service associate specialist (Former Employee), Maple, OntarioFebruary 13, 2013
Loved working at lowes. The environment, co-workers and management were great.
great place to work if you like helping others
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CalgaryJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: the people to work with
Cons: shift work.
A typical day involves assisting customers and maintaning the stores appearance. The people there are great to work with and more than willing to lend a hand when needed. The hardest part of the job is the hours. A day can start any where from 6:00 Am to 2:00 PM. The best part of the job is that at the end of the day you can leave and not have to worry – more... about what is coming up the next day. – less
Poorly managed company
Loader (Former Employee), HamiltonJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: a few good co workers
Cons: management
Too many bosses not enough workers sums up Lowes
Employees are left scrambling after a walk thru by, at times up to
A dozen Managers from different levels within the Corporate side.
They compile a huge list of things to be accomplished in a short time
period then don't have a plan to help you meet their goals.
Waste of time working there.

Give me an – more... L !!! Oh shut up already Drink your own kool aid !!! – less
Productive work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 21, 2013
I Brought in shopping carts from the parking lot and arranged them neatly,and Answered questions about products; about purchasing and company’s return policies.
Fun place to work with great employees,management and customer focus
Peak Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: pot lucks....
Cons: not enough time
I enjoy going to work but I do not have that job security. I am a Peak associate therefore i have no benefits, overall I am ha hard and consistent worker. Punctual and reliable. A typical work day for me would be on a fast yet steady pace. I am always full of smiles and the customers that comes in and out of our store always return with a smile from – more... remembering the service they received when they last visited us. Every now and then you will find a customer that is not satisfied for whatever the reason may be. My duty is to make sure that that customer leaves our store being satisfied. The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend extended time with our customers as everyone of them deserves to be treated with likeness and respect, and I am only allowed to work 8 hours for the most. I enjoy being able to serve and have conversations with customers on a daily basis. – less
Organized and Productive
Cashier / Customer service associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 17, 2012
Pros: working with the public, hands on experience
Cons: pay rate and benifits
They value customer satisfaction and are a great team working environment. They offered cross-training in any department for anyone who is hands on it's a perfect opportunity. The hours were reasonable and management was reliable.
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: 10 minute brakes are too short
To start my 4 hour shift I met with co-workers to teach me how to bag customer purchases. My cashier supervisor went over some company security procedures with me. My most enjoyable time of the day is to meet other stsff in the lunch room
Positive and friendly culture
CASHIER - FRONT END ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Very nice company but still needs to grow.
Excellent co-workers
Managers are very understanding and accommodating
Excellent customer service provided by all staff
Very good company to work for, always changing for the better.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Menifee, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: employee of the month, safety bbq's, themed events, movies always playing in the breakroom
Everyday working with motivating people to accomplish daily tasks while providing excellent customer service. Support from the management team allowed employees to use their creative side in order to sell, merchandise and do their job better.
Learned how to use different types of materials handling
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Learned how to use different types of materials handling. For instance : Forklift
No one has a clue what they are doing
Commercial Sale Specialist (Current Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 31, 2012
Pros: close to my house
Cons: everything else
Blame blame blame is their motto and watch out if your boss has made an error because as some point they will be passing the buck on to you
great atmosphere, friendly coworkers.
Cashier (Current Employee), El Centro, CAAugust 30, 2012
Great place, good management team, great coworkers. I have learned a lot about home improvement, construction materials, and working around heavy equipment. This has been a learning experience that I have truly enjoyed and value.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more