Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Management could be improved
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Great job for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Good people
Cons: long hours
- Process credit card applications and online orders
- Assist customers through checkout
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Engage in good working relationships with customers
- Learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my coworkers
- Hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness and not facing new challenges
- Most enjoyable part is my coworkers, very caring and helpful group
cashier
cashier (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 2, 2016
beware, what they don't tell you during any of the three interviews is that the cashiers job is also to clean the public toilets.. disgusting for minimum wage job.. if you want a janitorial job you can get top dollar doing that..
Great company to work for
Outdoor Centre Associate (Seasonal Temporary) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Working outside
Cons: The pay
Loved working with the customers, and being involved in something I was highly knowledgeable about. It was also great working in the outdoors.
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons: Downsizing
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee), Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: four day work week, 3 day weekend
Cons: Long hours
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons: Night Shifts
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: yes
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Outstanding team members
Department Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: Long hours
Loved working there. Clean store. Good processes in place. Some senior managers better than others. Better wages than other box stores.
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: consistency and stability
Cons: at times we were limited in staff
Lowes was a great place to work. While things were not perfect and sometimes there was not enough staff, there was always a stress on work safety and what was best for the customer. Even though I worked at night I felt like I was working for the sake of the customer. I liked the variety of the job. I would punch in for my shift and then head to the receiving area to see what the unloaded merchandise looked like. Then I would hop on a forklift and help the supervisor take the product to the floor for the guys. This would last about two hours and then after the first break I would usually start my own areas which were flooring, millwork and lumber. I enjoyed the hard work and the strategizing that had to take place in order to get all the product stocked. After the lunch break we would usually have inventory duties to take care of and then taking the cardboard back and winding down for the end of the shift.
Lowe's Sault Ste Marie - Bringing in Sales
Assistant Store Manager Administrative (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 23, 2015
The only way to completely entice and tempt a customer to buy is to make them feel entirely at ease and relaxed during their shopping experience. I ensure that this is accomplished by creating an atheistically balanced and pleasing environment where the customer can complete their shopping for either mission items or impulse items without distraction or difficulties.
I make a point to adapt and overcome to all changes and situations arising on an extended or daily basis. This includes adapting to any changes in external atmosphere requiring specialized impromptu merchandising for all the customer's needs from day to day and from moment to moment.

I contribute to our Store's sales plan by ensuring that every aspect of our business is aesthetically pleasing, replenished with inventory, and ready to be shopped by the customer. I encourage an increased focus on gaining customer confidence and improving our overall sales significantly via Department Manager encouragement, leadership training, and implied ownership of areas. I encourage the development and awareness of stock levels and integrity as well as appropriate replenishment that will improve individual department sales throughout the store. An emphasis being placed on upcoming promotional events as well as the merchandising integrity, location, and strategies of our current flyer items from week to week.
The company was not forthright
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: discount on products
Cons: not too friendly
I felt that they did not do much hands on with you in the training. If you did something wrong they did not point it out so you could not learn when you did something incorrectly. They used you but did not really help you. If you asked they would tell you but they did not come out and tell you that you were doing something wrong not good. They had a high turn over on the employees due to their attitude.
Fun work place and got a chance to meet different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Long hours
Cons: Wearing construction boats to work
It wasn't a very important job but it taught me things such as how to always be productive and work as a team with my coworkers, help get the customers what they wanted in a timely fashion and always give 100% in everything I did while I was working. It was an extremely great company to work for and they have great job security and a great team. They had meetings once a week that would help the employees greet and treat not only themselves and coworkers but also customers with respect and satisfaction that didn't make it feel like work and always made the customers want to continue to do business there. It was a great place to work I just wanted something more for myself.
Typical Customer Service and Cool Coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), OntarioNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are great
Really enjoyed working with the people that I do. The company does prefer to hire within, but you have to put your time in with the company. Hours are all over the place and individuals that miss work or constantly slack on the job are held on to until the end of their contract, so really those are the only complaints that I have. Oh and they don't really reward those who put their time and efforts into the company.
Nice place, but upper management needs help
Commercial Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
I liked working there for a large portion of the job, it was stressful but rewarding kind of. I however had a problem of the macro-managing from your plethora of managers to report to. You would get different orders from different managers, very often conflicting with each other. They demanded too many things (such as look after another department even though youre drowning in work from your own department). When the store first started (I helped build the store), its manager was meh, but the next manager was amazing. He would go around to the departments and ask if they needed help, and he had a hand in everything but didnt feel like he was breathing down your neck. He was an awesome manager, keyword was. I assume he had a lot of pressure from the higher ups because he changed drastically to a delegate type of manager without really listening to the employees on their feedback.

Being there from the beginning and seeing people come and go was hard but you got to work with a lot of nice people (also a lot of bad ones too). It was very fast paced but overall not a terrible place to work.
Enjoyable workplace
front end loader (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: wearing a hat
Cons: alwyas standing around for 8 hours
Fun enviroment to be in always someone telling a joke , coworkers were awesome made a few friends from lowes, the hardst part of the job was loading up dishwashers, most enjoyable part of the job was talking to co-workers
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons: All about the numbers.
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
A fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
Its a nice and fun place to work because majority of the co-workers were very kind and never gave me a bad attitude. They also made it very comfortable and never made me feel like I had to be someone else.

The management was the only thing I had a problem with because I felt they treat the employees in receiving different the the employees on the floor
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons: poorly managed scheduling
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Backstabbing environment with little to no personal respect
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Nothing but disrespect
The harder a person works, the less respect they get. Only thing that matters to the management is the bottom dollar, they don't care about the staff. People always assume the worst about their co-workers. Only reason I stayed is because I need the paycheck.
Headquarters