Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.
Pros
benefits for part time staff
Cons
negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
My Department manager was a perfect example of who you would want to work for. She made the position entertaining. However, the store was vastly understaffed, and the employees had little autonomy
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 21, 2016
Management kept people happy, listened to concerns and did they're best to fix/accommodate. Stable hours, and if your willing they'll offer even more.
Customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
Wanting to much from employees for what they are willing to pay.
Some of the management staff lacked in thier job training.
They do not know what part time means.
Pros
10% DISCOUNT
Cons
EXPECT TO MUCH FROM SOME EMPLOYEES
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Depend on your Manager
Lumber and Building Materials/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
If you have a Manager who will help out and Manage properly then it could be the greatest job in the world. If not its a depressing place to work.
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
Productive place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 12, 2016
Really good culture
Management is very cooperative
Co-workers were very fun to work with
Good experience dealing with customers
Pros
a lot of benefits
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 11, 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
most people are ok
Department manager admin/customer service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
management is very "clicky" you are either liked or not and everyone knows. Best assistant left for other opportunities he was the only one that knew anything and treated associated with respect
very busy place
stocker receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
very busy all the time receiving and stocking for next day

learn new tool for job

management ok

co-worker ok

hardest part is night shift

quiet and have music all night long in stores
Pros
people are ok
Cons
night shift
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 14, 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
Good work environment where customer focus is the lifeblood of the company
Cashier / Customer Service (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
I am a cashier and I like working here but I still have room to improve. My job is not secure but I hope to get a raise in my pay soon. The management is alright but you don't get along with everyone. That is life in the workplace but your try which I have been doing since I started working here. I am doing what I am told to do. I just feel that this company needs to be better organized in terms of contract and in terms of employee incentives as well as benefits to employees who have remained with the company for a long time. All and all there is room for improvement with Lowe's but it is a good company to start off with in your working life.
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2016
I enjoy working here because the people are great and its a wonderful environment. They trained me on the necessary equipment to do my job properly and gave me room to grow.
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend