Lowe's

Lowe's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Install Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2014
Overall it was a good place to work. Management was good.

Co-worker's were friendly. No hard parts of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with
customers.
Great Place to Work!
Safety Manager / LPM (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2014
Excellent staff and Management with a growing commitment for Safety in the workplace.
Friendly, young staff in growing organization
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 18, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement for hard working individuals
Cons: high turnover
Lowe's is a growing company with a new country manager that has high expectations and aggressive goals. Jobs are constantly evolving to meet the business needs. Lots of opportunity for advancement for hard working, dedicated person. Hours can be long for some positions.
Don't fall for all B.S...They will use you and spit you out
Manager (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 18, 2014
Preview

Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa – March 18, 2014
I worked there for 3 years right from store opening....I never seen so much so called motivational B.S
Lowes -" we care " for the employee and their so called lowes way and culture is just window dressing...nothing more.....They preach open door policy but once they tag you for talking up they – more... label you as negative and will performance manage out of the company......And if they can't make you look bad on paper because you were doing your job they have you sign away any rights you had when you are hired and get rid of you for as they say with no cause????
How convenient isn't it....

Unless you're totally desperate for a job.....don't be fooled how good they look on the outside....because believe me....you don't want to be under their control on the inside....

Unrealistic expectations and so two-faced.....

Do yourself a favor.....You deserve better....go somewhere else. – less
Great Place to work
Lowes Home Improvement Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maple, ONMarch 18, 2014
Come into work, stock up anything that needs to be filled, help customers throughout the day. Overall, it's a very steady job, although it gets quite hectic during the summer time. All co workers and managers were nice, had no problems.
just plain fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 13, 2014
great company to work for. would recommend it to others, cant say enough good things about it
productive fun place to work
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
company going through restructuring so no job security other wise good place to work
An amazingly supportive culture!
CSA (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: give always, discounts
I have been overwhelmed at the supportive culture that exists in this retail environment. The management at this location are second to none!

The roles that you can do are very diverse also.
Different Role then I have done ever
Pricing and Signage Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: 10% off purchases
Cons: very early mornings
-With Lowe's I have been with them for three years as there pricing and signage coordinator.

-It has been a physical job at times
-Been able to use my time managmet skills
-Cutomer service skills
-Traning of others
Learning at Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
I learned about different plants, trees, soils, and how to water properly. I learned about interlocking stones as well as how to lay them, also about sheds , outdoor power equipment, pesticides and patio furniture while working in the seasonal department Working in the lumber/ building materials department I learned about different types of lumber, – more... concrete, shingles, downspouts, drywall and compound, studs insulation and concrete boards.
A day at work includes down-stocking, zone recovery, ensuring that all customers are being greeted and any questions they have are being answered. – less
Terrible - run, run away
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: see above. there are lots.
I was bullied badly at Lowes. Oh did I try to fit in and talk to people. I made it a part of my day. I worked so hard there and loved customers and treated them like friends. I really enjoyed the job and was thrilled to go in each day. Loved it (at first).

If you have a life, prepare to put that life on hold because you'll be clocking 45 hour weeks – more... in the summer. 6 days straight and you will be scheduled against your wishes so you can forget about booking days off because you won't get them.

And oh, forget about anyone liking you if you put in alot of effort and shine all the time and you're not one of the cool kids. I was disliked and ostracized like I had a disease. I was constant fodder for gossip. Lowes is one big clique pretty much a re-run of high school. They hire college students who don't even know how to talk to someone over 35, if they even look at you. All of their younger staff seem to have a hearing problem and won't talk to someone who is "old".

I am really angry at Lowe's for the bullying I went through and being ignored. HR was a joke - she was more concerned about her friends at Lowes than me. Never got any compliments from management at all despite what I brought in every day in terms of energy and enthusiasm. No one stepped in to help me in the worst of it all so I had to leave and it's a terrible job market.

Beware of one manager who really is the devil. Honest to God, she is. Run for the hills. – less
Good work environment where customer focus is the lifeblood of the company
Cashier / Customer Service (Permanent) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
I am a cashier and I like working here but I still have room to improve. My job is not secure but I hope to get a raise in my pay soon. The management is alright but you don't get along with everyone. That is life in the workplace but your try which I have been doing since I started working here. I am doing what I am told to do. I just feel that this – more... company needs to be better organized in terms of contract and in terms of employee incentives as well as benefits to employees who have remained with the company for a long time. All and all there is room for improvement with Lowe's but it is a good company to start off with in your working life. – less
Customer Service
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 21, 2013
Pros: team approach to all sales
Cons: none really, however you need to like varied hours.
High paced service for Customers and an excellent group of people to work with.
productive company
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: long lunched
Cons: stressful
Days can be very long and very busy or sometimes boring. Filled with making every customer happy and ringing people through.
Great environment and people
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and benefits
Cons: still many gaps within processes
The company is still growing and is developing more and more in Canada and brings a lot of room for advancement and development.

The people and environment is very friendly and pleasant and they love to improve and develop their staff as they promote advancement within all age groups.

At the end of the day business is business and they are professional – more... and work hard in all areas to achieve all the business objectives. – less
productive everyone helpful
Sales, Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: everyone helpful
Cons: managment hard to find
working in garden section and indoor, everyone very helpful co workers, management was ok very hard to find management, hgardest part of job staying up on location of product, customers and employers
Productive and Friendly Environment
Loader, Cashier, Receiving, Sales Associate (Former Employee), North West ScarboroughNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free non-alcoholic drinks
Cons: heavy loads
-Clock in, greet customers and employees at a professional manner. Maintaining store quality by offering customer service, working as a team, and keeping the store organized and tidy.
-Products that feature in a hardware warehouse such as paint, tiles, appliances, lawn and garden, tools, lumber, home decor, plumbing, cash, and deliveries.
-Management – more... pertained and consistently kept a tactical approach on customers and fellow employees.
-Worked together as a team to satisfy the customers need as well as amongst themselves.
-Being aggravated by pushing carts. loading customers vehicles and attending the head cash by walkie talkie all at the same-time. Was really tough on the body especially coming home feeling sore every end of the shift.
-What was most enjoyable was the fact everyone was always there to help one each other, so working as a team was really fun factor. – less
Fun Place to Work.....
Plumbing Pro / Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: upper management has no direction or vision
It is a challenging environment, where you get the opportunity to do something different everyday.
enjoyable
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2013
enjoyed working with all the employees
there are times were it is really busy and not
One of the better retail environments
Administrative Department Manager (Current Employee), edmonton, abNovember 12, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: not many opportunities for advancement beyond certain level
While Lowe's is not perfect it is one of the better retail environments. They tend to hire older people for their staff and tend to avoid hiring teenagers which leads to a more professional environment.

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more