Lowe's Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
If your planning to work at the lowes at signahill youll regret it. Bad management and hr won't respect you, ps, if you cut yourself your fired..
Pros
Cons
so baf is not even worth time reading
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.
Enjoyable work environment
Head Cashier/Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
If you like dealing with a high volume customers, sales without commission or the repetitiveness then this is a job for you. Great company if you are looking to get into retail or looking to advance your retail career. Also an excellent job for students!
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Sporadic hours
this place sucks would never work there .
commercial sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 November 2016
Uses people if its good for the company ,,then it work s but if you have a order going up god forbidden that uou siign in early i worked there 5 years and worked my butt

off and got kicked in the teeth, they don't even care when you did anything wrong that they just walk you , they lost
s
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
management sucks
Lowes Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Good work/life balance. Very flexible if you are in school. They teach on the job training for forklift and the order picker, Doing various jobs can be expected.
It was ok
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
It was fun to work at I do much miss it I enjoy the ppl I work with I left cause another employee offered me a job with more money I should never have took it
Pros
No customers
Cons
amazing place to work, friendly atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 December 2016
i learned so many things about electrical equipment , merchandising, problem solving being more independent and a team leader, management was beyond incredible and understanding
Pros
managment, employees, atmopshere
Cons
lack of hours
Horrible Place to Work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 October 2016
If you get offered a summer spot great you should take it but once the summer is over run and do it fast as soon as all the summer staff leave the place becomes a living nightmare for the regular staff
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
long hours minimal breaks
Staff was always fun to be with
Department Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The store was fun to setup and be part of that environment. The management treated you like one of them, most of the time. It was great fun how all staff felt like family.
Cons
No set schedule
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Terrible!!
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 February 2017
Terrible place to work. You are always going to find nice people at any job, that doesn't count. They are sales driven and don't balance work between shifts. They pay horrible, don't pay proper wages for the job and expect a lot for minimum wage. Pay the people what they are worth!
Pros
Its a job where the cheques wont bounce
Cons
Pay, moral
Good work place and wonderful co-workers
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 April 2016
Great job with wonderful co-workers and lots of hours. Accommodating with schedule when needed.
However, don't offer full time positions with benefits often.
Great place to work and shop in the Home Improvement business.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 September 2016
Able to teach the associates merchandising.
Executing company directives with urgency.
Inspired the associates to enjoy the workplace through teamwork and with clear communication.
To offer the best customer service to all customers through all associates.
Made a positive difference in all kpi indicators which was reflected
in the sales, P and L,and most important, great service to the customer.
Pros
Empowered to apply my managerial background in new business.
Cons
Learning and knowing all the systems was a challenge.
productive and stable work place
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2017
typical work day would include stocking items, helping customers with key cuttings or finding things around the store and showing them which is the better product to by depending on what they want.
Ive learned a lot from this job such as using the key cutter and labelling screws and nuts.hardest part of this job i would say is doing other peoples jobs.
Pros
great team
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2017
Lowes is a good place to work. Loading and unloading trailers all day make the hours go by pretty fast. Great management team and co-workers. Monday to Thursday Shift pretty awesome
assist customers with hardware needs
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 October 2015
I assisted customers with their requests; stock recovery during the slow periods. I learned all about the features and benefits of the various tools, nails, screws ,etc. from my customers and co-workers. Management was always available and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide the needs of the customer; the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs.
Pros
good work environment, co-workers, management
Cons
long hours without a break usually due to staff shortages
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 December 2015
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
Pros
One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons
Downsizing
Fun to work inside and cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 August 2016
Lowes has a very fun atmosphere inside the building everyone is accepting, friendly and always willing to help out. Cash is a great place to start with lowes as a new employee or if you are freshly employed. Cash however is fast paced, but it helps make a long shift seem shorter.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, not enough employees covering a department
productive place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 October 2016
Great place to work however lacks in pay. Management is pretty good and listens well to their employees. They have a number of policies in place to help engage their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Fun Work Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Inspiring, challenging, good work/family balance. Team structured. Senior Management team a pleasure to work with.
Pros
benifets
Cons
Dress code