Lowe's Employee Reviews

Lowe's in Canada is a good place to work - just not Sarnia
no one (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 February 2017
Good place to work, good pay, good benefits, treat the employees fairly well. Lots of turnover so lots of room for advancements. I do not want to write this review and needed 150 min characters to move on
Staff was always fun to be with
Department Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
The store was fun to setup and be part of that environment. The management treated you like one of them, most of the time. It was great fun how all staff felt like family.
Cons
No set schedule
Lowe's will suck the life right out of you.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2017
There is NO work/life balance here. Wages are ok and benefits could be better. There is NO job security and NO room for advancement unless you are friends with upper management. Many good employees are being forced to leave due to the unscrupulousness of the store management and loss prevention staff. They can't even keep an HR manager because of their underhandedness. I suggest looking elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Productive and exciting workplace.
Inside Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 February 2017
A regular day being an inside sales associate is, assisting customers with their specific needs, up selling products, using heavy machinery to get down barbecues, riding-lawnmowers, and dining sets.
Pros
Subway inside the store, flexible hours
Cons
physically demanding in certain situations
Fun Work Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Inspiring, challenging, good work/family balance. Team structured. Senior Management team a pleasure to work with.
Pros
benifets
Cons
Dress code
Lowes Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2017
Good work/life balance. Very flexible if you are in school. They teach on the job training for forklift and the order picker, Doing various jobs can be expected.
Fun job
Loader (2015), Assembler (2016) (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON30 January 2017
Fun and entertaining because everyone has a different profession and everyone knows what is best in different situations. I would suggest for high school students.
Customer Oriented Company
Plumbing Sales Pro (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Every day was different and a new learning experience. Interacting with customers was both enjoyable and challenging. Co workers are the company's best asset.
Great place to work, friendly enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 January 2017
very friendly enviroment, staff was very helpful as well as managment , overall a great place to work, very flexible when it comes to scheduling I.E if you have school ect.
No Room for Growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 January 2017
I felt this company was unfair when it came to worker/ customer issues. They would never listen to the side of the staff member. Where very quick to punish instead of hearing everything.
Never felt that there was room to advance for some people within the company.
However was a fun environment to work in. The staff was wonderful.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Lack of ownership to problems
Microsoft Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC18 January 2017
A lot to do, and to expect since they bough Rona and this joint venture need to be "standardized".

Modern mentality allowing to work anytime and anywhere (remotely).
Fast Paced Retail Environment
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Being department manager of Plumbing had very unique challenges. It was often the busiest department as we provided solutions to repair faulty plumbing, where other departments would be selling new tools, flooring, and building materials.

Management was suffocating. Micromanaging and unrealistic task assignments to an overworked and understaffed team made days long and hectic. Sales were always the priority, but often other tasks would be assigned when only 1 or 2 associates were working.
Good company to work with friendly atmosphere
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2017
Everyday going to work, I see people who make an effort to make everyone feel included of where they work. Everyone says hello when you see them, and are more than willing to help whenever needed. The needs of Lowe's employers are always in the forefront of any decision made. When management see potential for improvement they seek a way to help you get there. Many people have been promoted into positions where their full potential is put to use.
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON11 January 2017
Fun and great place to work at, Training and everything is simple as long as you do the work and listen to what the managers and other co-workers have to say. Overall fun place to work at and worth the experience.
It was ok
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
It was fun to work at I do much miss it I enjoy the ppl I work with I left cause another employee offered me a job with more money I should never have took it
Pros
No customers
Fun Workplace
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Fun atmosphere in company. Day by Day i am learning new things. Every single day i learn something new and my co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Long Lunch, Free hours
Cons
heavy work
Great place
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Enjoyed my time working there, learned a lot. I built confidence in my customer service communication skills. Able to work alone and do things on my own as well in a team.
productive and stable work place
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2017
typical work day would include stocking items, helping customers with key cuttings or finding things around the store and showing them which is the better product to by depending on what they want.
Ive learned a lot from this job such as using the key cutter and labelling screws and nuts.hardest part of this job i would say is doing other peoples jobs.
Pros
great team
terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
If your planning to work at the lowes at signahill youll regret it. Bad management and hr won't respect you, ps, if you cut yourself your fired..
Pros
Cons
so baf is not even worth time reading
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
I loved how I was welcome with open arms, and had my hard work noticed and it helped my progress to other departments in this location. I also loved how everyone got along and were willing to help each other out.
Overall, I did not get enough hours, but the pay was pretty reasonable