Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
Pros
Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2016
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Exhausting Work
Warehouse
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Was a good team environment management was slow to react to issues that were brought up but for the amount of money you make it's a good place, general day consisted of meeting at the start, dispersing product sent to select areas and put product away.
Pros
instore party every payday
Cons
Lazy Management
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Productive, Organized, Fun
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I start off with reviewing the pervious days refunds and bill out of merchandise. I would then plan my week, I have counts that need to be done, ensure that the departments complete their counts in a timely manner. Ensure that departments are completing operational walks and that they are accurate. Follow up on shrink issues with operational, internal and external factors. I complete audits within the store. I do safety training with the store including New Hire Orientations. Help run the safety committee.
Time management is something that I have learned in order to do everything that is expected and more I need to ensure that my time is well managed and that I hit every dead line given to me.
My co-workers work in other locations, we do speak I get called with questions from others about how to do tasks etc.
The hardest part of my job is the hours. I am currently enrolled in the Part Time Paralegal program and it is hard working 17 hour days including school.
Most enjoyable part that every day there is something new and a new challenge.
Very fun place to work with friendly assiocates.
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 11, 2015
A place where everyone works hard to achieve there goals for the day but also help each other. Gained a lot of experience working at Lowes much more than I have excepted. Management and the employees got along very well even if sometimes we did not see eye to eye but very respectful. Enjoy the job every minute of it.
Pros
I have learned alot. Gained alot of experience.
Cons
All about the numbers.
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Hard Work - Invisible Management
CSA (Former Employee) –  HAMILTONSeptember 15, 2015
The work was challenging. Gruelling long days and nights that required not only sales on the floor but maintenance such as washing floors, moving shelves and displays, restocking products, inventory and assisting in other departments because the store was under-staffed.
We often had only two or three people to cover from open to close. The management could not assist or would not.
Many full time and experienced employees were terminated and replaced by "peak" employees who work no more than 18 hours per week.
Pros
One hour lunch - nice to recharge
Cons
Poor scheduling, no longevity in job
A fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 2, 2015
Its a nice and fun place to work because majority of the co-workers were very kind and never gave me a bad attitude. They also made it very comfortable and never made me feel like I had to be someone else.

The management was the only thing I had a problem with because I felt they treat the employees in receiving different the the employees on the floor
Rewarding workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Enjoyed the atmosphere but wasn't very stimulating and very repetitive tasking, overall good place to work just not in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management could be improved