Lowe's Employee Reviews

overall good place to work, little room to grow
Front Loader (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 October 2017
Lowes was an overall good place to work. I was currently in a fulltime program at St. Clair college and working an average of 30 hours a week. It was tough to make both work, however I managed and performed very will in both school and work. I was a peak employee which had no job security, room for advancement, benefits or much room to grow as a fulltime student.
Pros
frienddly envirmonent
Cons
understaffing
Great place
Receiver/stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 October 2017
Good benefits and also good place to work for ,yes its a lot of work but its a home renovation place.

A little above pay rate.

Wish there was more employees working overnights and good ones also,and employing them in time also
Lowes Lethbridge
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 October 2017
Bad place to work. Bad management except for the front end. Dont work here. Quit after a year of being overworked and under appreciated. Minimum wage is definitely not enough to pay for this job. The people either sucked or were the best. Sadly a lot of unfriendly unhelpful coworkers.
Pros
Sime nice people
Cons
Long late shifts
Great place
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
Great place to work. Awesome people, growing company with a lot of room to move up. Would recommend to anyone to work there. Great benifits and felt appreciated.
The worst job I’ve ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 October 2017
After forty one years in the work force, the nine that I spent working here were the worst!

Of the six Store Managers only one saw the true potential in employees and treated them accordingly and with some semblance of respect. The other five as well as all of the senior management team over the years can only be summed up as; condescending, disrespectful and most of all incompetent!!! These people only advance employees that will be loyal to covering their incompetence and not based on their skills and merits to actually do the job properly. The proof is revealed when these employees are transferred to another store and are found indeed to be incompetent and let go!

For nine years I was proficient and impeccable at my job. I had never been “written up” and maintained outstanding customer service. I even helped with my department manager’s cycle counts, negative on hand reports etc. when asked and performed them competently. However, when I applied for a department manager position or any other position, I was always told that I lacked the pertinent skills. Ironically the candidates that ended up getting the position in most cases really did lack the pertinent skills! There is so much more that if went on I could fill volumes with it. I don’t know if head office is aware of these things or not but, Lowes lost a valuable employee (and possibly many others) due to this type of conduct.
Unfortunate disconnect between managment and employees
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 October 2017
Although the work itself is as expected and can be rewarding at times, upper management is more concerned with overall hours than providing a healthy productive environment. The turnover has been disappointing in the years that the store has been open with many of the best and most dedicated workers moving on. I fully understand the adage that "everyone can be replaced" but that should not be the daily attitude of the management staff. It creates a very negative environment.
Pros
The emplyees are very frendly and try their best to elevate the working conditions.
Cons
My department has had 9 department managers in 6 years all with their own agenda.
Warehouse
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON30 September 2017
I work there every weekend from 6am- 6pm. I get to scan boxes, put them in places where I'm told to put it, and I've learned that the hours get really long every time I think about it. The hardest part of the job is that it takes up my whole weekend. I don't get to do anything because after work I'm always so tired. But what I really love about this job is that I get to work hard and lift stuff because it's a good way for me to lose weight. Lol!
Pros
Teamwork
Managers are the worst. Unorganized
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 September 2017
Don't work here if you want structure. Managers are incoherent and do not care about their workers needs nor wants unless it
Is beneficial to themselves.
Pros
Free pizza sometimes
Cons
Awful
Loved my experience
Customer Service/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
I worked here for a summer during college and it is the best I have ever been treated at a minumum-wage job. Department managers actually trust their employees, and it creates a strong environment built on mutual trust and loyalty. They also taught me how to drive a forklift, a highly transferable skill and unexpected training given my short contract.
Pros
Culture, management
Cons
Steel toed shoes are a necessary part of the uniform
Fast paced and personable environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
This is a very team oriented workplace and the pace is quick. Time absolutely flies while working. Training is a priority and opportunities are numerous.
this job will suck the life out of you
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 September 2017
Under staffed, over demanding, unfair wages, upper management is a click. unrewarding and ungrateful. they will work you to the limit which is never enough and then flush you down the toilet.
Pros
nothing
Cons
almost criminal
very good working environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Learning opportunities in different department that is helpful for the customer support and to apply in our practical life. lots of varieties of products are available.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
less hours
Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 September 2017
Lowe's Canada is an amazing place to work at. I am just looking for a secure full time job at the moment. Ive asked plenty of times but no position in my store are available, but this has so far been the best job yet!!
Pros
flexible hours, very friendly staff.
Cons
sometimes its not busy in here and theres not to much to do.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
Productive and fun place to work
Good Environment
Job Description:
~ Support store management to facilitate the completion of all store
level tasks through agility, physical strength, use of PPE, stamina,
visual acuity, proper lifting techniques, hand-eye coordination,
climbing, manual dexterity in different working conditions.
~ Replenish products and supplies to ensure stock availability and
display at all times
~ Update store management regarding customer requests and vendor
related concerns, processing customer sales and orders using cash
~ Maintain safe and secure working environment on the sales floor
and assisting store patrons with exceptional customer service.
FUn Work place
Customer Service (Front-end) (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 September 2017
• Provide above average customer service to new and retaining customers
• Maintain basic product/department knowledge to respond to customer inquires
• Process cash, debit and credit card transactions with efficiency and accuracy.
• Follow all company policies and procedure at all times
Needs improvement
Customer Service/Return Desk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
Everything was great until management lost focus on keeping staff happy and started to focus on just customers. Became a very hostile work environment.
Nice place to work
Head cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 September 2017
It was a fun place to work. Everyone was great to work with. The hours were a hard a little hard on the commute with the traffic and weather. I learned a lot of new things and they have a good training process.
fun
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2017
this pace is was super is fun and is good and managers are good and staff are good and work is good and the job is easy and fun and there isnt anythung bad
Worst HR dept ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2017
The HR department is the worst I've ever seen, its like they haven't got a clue on how to do their job. If you want to be treated like a dog, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Rarely work the same shift 2 days in a row
fellow associates were good to work with and had good training
Vault associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 September 2017
Associates and management at Lowe's were very helpful during and after orientation. My training was well planned and easy to maintain in a well organized format. My hours of work did not however fulfill my needs.