Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Lowes
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 14, 2016
This is a company that sells home improvement items and they are a very large company with a lot of staff they employ at there various locations across the country.
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Lack of wage
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 12, 2016
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Pros
customers, learning
Cons
unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
Great energetic environment
Customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Working at Lowe's has given me the opportunity to learn a lot of things that will be beneficial for future jobs. The most enjoyable part is helping the customers with there motives and being successful.
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
na
Estimator & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
crazy schedule, good management, a lot to learn about the department and retail environment, lot of physical work, na na na na na
Great Place with even greater people
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Working there was a great experience. I was surround by people who where always happy to assist you in anything you were unsure of. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Positive envirment, Helpful people, great location
Great Place to work
Department Manager – Installation Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Lowe's in Canada is a growing organisation, which means a lot of opportunity to grow. Great leadership , lots of opportunities.
Pros
Staff discounts on purchases
Cons
Old Software
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2016
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Exhausting Work
most people are ok
Department manager admin/customer service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
management is very "clicky" you are either liked or not and everyone knows. Best assistant left for other opportunities he was the only one that knew anything and treated associated with respect
Not a enjoyable place to work
Outdoor Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day consisted of me preforming various activities in the outdoor lawn and garden section of the store. I would assist customers and make sure the shelves were constantly organized.
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
Each day is new
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work, meeting new people. Life long friends have been made. Each day brings new challenges to the table. A wide variety of skills will be learned working here.
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
Horrid hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Schedule is awful with family. a lot of politics in management.
Friendly staff mainly. Poor pay for responsibilities.
Friendly, Supportive, Great Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly Work Environment
Supportive Co-Workers
Provides Great Customer Service
Learned a lot about home improvement and retail/customer service work.
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.