Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee), Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Exhausting Work
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
most people are ok
Department manager admin/customer service (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
management is very "clicky" you are either liked or not and everyone knows. Best assistant left for other opportunities he was the only one that knew anything and treated associated with respect
Not a enjoyable place to work
Outdoor Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day consisted of me preforming various activities in the outdoor lawn and garden section of the store. I would assist customers and make sure the shelves were constantly organized.
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Management is very disappointing
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough time in the day
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Predictable
Cons: Many hands in the cookie jar
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Each day is new
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work, meeting new people. Life long friends have been made. Each day brings new challenges to the table. A wide variety of skills will be learned working here.
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Great staff events
Cons: No social life
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Horrid hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Schedule is awful with family. a lot of politics in management.
Friendly staff mainly. Poor pay for responsibilities.
Friendly, Supportive, Great Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Friendly Work Environment
Supportive Co-Workers
Provides Great Customer Service
Learned a lot about home improvement and retail/customer service work.
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee), Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Opportunity for Growth
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Having 10 years of retail under my belt, I thought I knew it all. Starting my employment with Lowes I am amazed on all the opportunity this company has to offer their employees.

I am so proud to be part of a company that has potential growth and the support of management is overwhelming. My learning of their way has been a ride of thrill and I look forward to really learning how this company grow.

Thank you Lowes for making me a part of your company.
Long, depressing work
Temp. 1xd (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: 3 day weekend, 40 hours a week.
Cons: Long days, boring work culture
Long days in a depressing environment in a loud busy warehouse. Very early start and if you live outside of milton you are left with only time to sleep in your free time.
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Management incompetence
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Warehouse
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: instore party every payday
Cons: Lazy Management
Was a good team environment management was slow to react to issues that were brought up but for the amount of money you make it's a good place, general day consisted of meeting at the start, dispersing product sent to select areas and put product away.
great place to work
customer service agent (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 11, 2016
fast paced and busy, answering phones while serving customers paging and working on computers all at the same time. Challenging at times but relying on coworkers was essential to keep things running smooth
Co workers are nice, management is deceptive
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Benefits, paid sick days, holidays
Cons: Underhanded and sneeky moves by management
Lowe's as a company will save money to help stock holders at any cost. They will change the title of a position (even though the job tasks and expectations are exactly the same) so they can drop the wage. They will cut hours even thought sales increase. The management will not help on the floor even though there may only be four or five associates. The few good things about Lowe's is their benefit package, scheduled breaks, and lunches, holidays, paid sick days for part time and full time employees.

Peak employees who may work 40 hours a week continuously will not receive benefits, holidays, or paid sick days.

For the minimum wage you will start at you may as well work at any other retail job be it a grocery store, fast food place, clothing store etc. It won't be as physically demanding and hard on your body.
Headquarters