Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee) –  130ave cagaryMarch 25, 2016
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons
poorly managed scheduling
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 21, 2016
Management kept people happy, listened to concerns and did they're best to fix/accommodate. Stable hours, and if your willing they'll offer even more.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 11, 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
most people are ok
Department manager admin/customer service (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
management is very "clicky" you are either liked or not and everyone knows. Best assistant left for other opportunities he was the only one that knew anything and treated associated with respect
Fun and Educational
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of room to grow, training available for many different areas. Help customers find products, give product knowledge where I can, assist with loading onto cart. Management is very supportive of required days off and availability.
horrible workplace. very unorganized
Loader/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 13, 2015
just a all around bad place to work. i worked my hardest there, trained half the loading team, then i was let go for no reason besides it being slow. I was one of the best loaders they had . Dont apply here if you are looking for a permanent job. they will cut you loose faster then you can blink.
Pros
four day work week, 3 day weekend
Cons
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Pros
Great staff events
Cons
No social life
just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.
Pros
benefits for part time staff
Cons
negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCFebruary 10, 2016
To be honest this company was good at first i loved coming into work and learning new things and enjoying the company of my co workers and the customers. Than the years passed and the management got worst and I decide to leave.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Management is very disappointing
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Horrid hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Schedule is awful with family. a lot of politics in management.
Friendly staff mainly. Poor pay for responsibilities.
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
Customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
Wanting to much from employees for what they are willing to pay.
Some of the management staff lacked in thier job training.
They do not know what part time means.
Pros
10% DISCOUNT
Cons
EXPECT TO MUCH FROM SOME EMPLOYEES