Lowe's

8.8K reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Producctive and energenic retail environment
Building Materials/Lumber Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Each day at Lowe's proves to be an experience in managing tasks and customer service relations.
The magnitude of customers personal needs is matched only by the magnitude of recovery that is needed with inventory and material, cleanliness, and general tasks as per management.
As a licensed Power Equipment Operator I am frequently required to perform tasks in other departments.
Bad Management
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: minimal training, careless management, immature co-workers, harassment from co-workers
Your first month as a cashier will be pretty awesome. The other cashiers are nice and helpful when you have questions. The system is honestly the best I have ever dealt with. BUT after that first month generally everyone will expect you to know everything even if you only have 3 days of training (working on the same till as someone watching them do transactions) after that "training" you are pretty much on your own and its pathetic. The majority of the other employees will start to get mad at you if you don't know how to do things, which will be likely because the training is horrible here.
Don't be surprised if the Managers and Head Cashiers get you in trouble for doing something wrong when you didn't know how to do it in the first place and there was no one around to help. The whole management staff couldn't care about you because "everyone is replaceable". So just be prepared to get yelled at by customers, fellow employees, and every other possible person in the store for $11.73 an hour. Gook Luck!
great place to work...
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
great place to work...lots of growth opportunity...wide range of product...lots of learning opportunity....very steady management...
Retail
Sales Associate/Retail (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, good envirnoment
Lowe's has a great environment to promote great sales to our competition and our community. They ensure that we give great customer experience, and ensure that you'll get what your looking for. The energy in this is workplace is high like in any retail experience. My typical day revolves around, promoting sales, giving customer tips and personal experience about items and equipment, stocking equipment, and making sure we help anyone to the best of our knowledge. One of the hardest areas of this job, is ensuring that you help everyone, but sometime the demand of customers is more then our staff can handle, which can make obstacles. However, by following up on a customer and ensuring they had excellent customer experience, and happy with what they purchased, is the most enjoyable part.
I worked with a great team.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: positive team
Cons: extremely long hours
I was in charge of store financials and services. Enjoyed working with my team, grew as a leader.
FUN PLACE
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), TORONTO,ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunche
Cons: good hrs
GOOD PLACE TOO WORK,AND GOOD CO-WORKERS.....MOST ENJOYABLE,AND GOOD MANAGEMENT...THANKS
Good place for entry level employee
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good co - workers
Cons: management issues
This was a great place to work and a typical day was assisting commercial customer with their needs and requirements for their own business project. Great co-workers for the most part and enjoyed working with them as I am a team player. The hardest pasrt of the job was being unable to satisfy all the needs of my customers because of lack of comittment from other employees and management. The best part of the job was seeing a satified customer leave the store because of the passion I had for customer service.
Rollerblades
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntOctober 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Working at Lowes is a very challenging. You work so hard and don't get appreciated by the management team, instead they hold your potential in growing with the company. They don't understand your personal life and its a very stressful atmosphere to work in.
Productive and Fun Environment to work In
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), VaughanOctober 9, 2014
- Everyone is very nice to work with
- teamwork is a must there
- everyone works together
- all the managers take your opinions into consideration
- love being with the customers and the employees
- hated being understaffed
Welcoming workplace with a lot of help available
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 8, 2014
Learned excellent customer service, management was great and welcoming, co-workers were helpful and friendly. Hardest part was on the spot problem solving. Enjoyable job because you're always talking to someone.
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
Nice co-workers, very friendly and helpful.
Fast pace work environment.
Gain a lot of great skills.
Good work environment
Receiving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work, a very big team in every store. If any problems occur there is always management and HR to assist you and help you get through them.
Lowe's is a good company to work for
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff and management team good working conditions
Lowe's offer good staff, good wages, and a good working environment
Great place to work for 5 of my 6 years
Department Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Initially Lowe's was a great company to work for. I was promoted quickly to the department manger role. How ever. the opportunity for further advancement went away with company restructuring and eventually my Lowe's career coming to an end when I was given a severance package that I had to take.
skills
James snow park way, Forklift operator (Former Employee), miltonSeptember 9, 2014
Work Experience:

• Experience in the work orders stock .
• Experience in follow stocks and suppliers product.
• Experience in retail account in blue body warehouse.
• Experience supervisor warehouse in metro .
• Experience in picking and loading un loading in ware house ..
• Experience in monitor stocks and arranging stocks and boxes in the pallet .
• Experience in word and excel and data entry skills in use windows .
• Experience in drive forklift counter balance.
• Experience in replenishment and data entry .
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), NiagaraSeptember 5, 2014
Fun Place to work at, no pressure. Managers are helpful and are understanding. People working there is fun.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 1, 2014
Good place to work, Learned a lot about Housing and renovations while working here. Gave me the ability to lead a large team and support from management was great.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2014
As a Night Stocker
Receiver / Stocker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2014
I learned how to work with others as a team. Whoever finishes first helps the other person. I love to work for this company but I can't meet my family financial things with this salary.
Positive environment with great management and co-workers.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, great associates and management, positive work experience.
Lowe's is an absolutely incredible environment to work in. Their values include creating open positive spaces for both employees and customers. I really enjoyed partaking in the initiative to enhance sales and to provide outstanding customer service to ensure returning customers. A typical day as a head cashier would be to assign cashiers to their duties and create the break schedule in the morning. I would clean the whole front end due to minimal customers between the hours of 6-10 AM. Once I was finished writing the schedule and cleaning, I would create a list of duties for the front end loaders to split amongst themselves for the day. Our rush at the front end would normally begin around 10:15 AM where I would stand on the mat and supervise cashiers and make myself available to assist cashiers and customer service associates. I would answer employee and customer questions, give discounts to customers and help with any technical difficulties. I would be responsible for online orders as well as phone orders and making sure that the front end runs as smoothly as possible. I would assist in loss prevention, by ensuring that big-ticket items have been paid for and deactivated. I was responsible for managing the front end activities by proactively visiting customer service, returns desk, front line registers, commercial registers, lawn and garden registers, vestibules and parking areas. I would provide direction and support to associates. I would help to ensure customer service needs are met at all times. I was also responsible for responding to all customer and employee generated – more... EAS alarm activations. I would greet and acknowledge customers in a friendly, professional manner and I would provide quick responsive service to maximize the customer s shopping experience. I would coach cashiers in providing great customer service.
I essentially learned how to become an effective leader and how to speak with associates and customers in a way that is sensitive to each persons different needs. I learned patience and how to listen carefully to customers. Something very memorable about my work experience at Lowe's would be the associates energy change once I came into work. I really enjoyed making a difference in peoples days just by my positive energy and willingness to listen to any issues and providing insight and advice to become better associates for the company.
Management was amazing, each member of management was proactive and all had different strengths and weaknesses. I liked the open door policy and it really felt like we were a family team all attempting to achieve the same goals of providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of my job was leaving Lowe's. I left to pursue further opportunities although I will always remember the positive working experience that I have gained along with the skills and knowledge. – less