Lowe's Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 12, 2016
Really good culture
Management is very cooperative
Co-workers were very fun to work with
Good experience dealing with customers
Pros
a lot of benefits
good people to work with
Cash office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and SheppardJuly 11, 2016
I answer customer service calls, greet visitors, manage calendar, accept deliveries, send out packages, check and answer main email address. My manager is a great person to work for. My co-workers are all very nice. The hardest part of the job are the complaint customer service calls, but I handle them well. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving nice customer service calls.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 11, 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
Okay workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 11, 2016
Employees slack off and leave the work for the next person working. Closing is the worse, stay till 11pm. Management is screwed up starting with the store manager.
Good work environment.
Customer Service Associate Millwork (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 10, 2016
Good work environment, loved the people. Low paying job but not a whole lot to complain about.

Typical day includes stocking, serving customers and going over orders and inventory.
Incompetence Left, Right and Center
Customer Service Associate- Paint (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 4, 2016
Are you under 30 and a male? If the answer is yes prepare to be abused.

As a male under 30, you will be expected to complete the work of 3-6 people, while other employees stand around giving you brainless smiles and otherwise being useless.

Get hurt doing such work, oh well, sorry for you. You're a part timer cause' we're to cheap to pay benefits, and we'll deny any claims made through workers' comp.

Aside from being a mule this is a company where the management knows less than the front line employees, yet this is the case at Lowe's.

You will be called into the office and disciplined for not asking enough questions, you begin asking more questions and your manager cannot answer as they themselves do not know.

ASM's are also a joke, many of them struggle to find the intelligence to walk and talk and the same time, let alone effectively manage

Finally Equipment is pathetic. Be prepared to have your equipment fail on a daily basis. Also be prepared either not to have your equipment fixed at all, or to have a half-hearted repair job done to it.

Do Yourself a Favour and Work Elsewhere
Pros
Some of the Co-workers
Cons
Cheap Cheap Cheap, Sexist Expectations, Zero Regard for Employees, Zero Advancement, Poor Wages, Won't give Full-Time (Too Cheap to pay Benefits)
lowe's review
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work is a busy day that consists of many many things. I am a person that likes to work at a very good pace so time could move effectively and efficiently. I do more than what I am supposed to do, as I know how to operate many aspects at Lowe's. Managers are very friendly towards me as I am to them. I adhere to all tasks that I am assigned to, and if I can I will do other tasks to pass time. I am very talkative and friendly towards my co-workers. Almost every worker at Lowe's at the location at work at knows who I am and always greets me with a smile, as I do the same. As I work 2 jobs and go to post secondary, the hardest part of the job is to be "punctual". I am always on time for work, but there are times when I leave 30 mins to an hour early so I could catch up on school work or get to bed on time so I could wake up at 5am in the morning to go to my morning workplace. There are many things to enjoy about working at Lowe's. My most enjoyable part is helping customers that are very friendly and I love my co-workers.
An okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
My Department manager was a perfect example of who you would want to work for. She made the position entertaining. However, the store was vastly understaffed, and the employees had little autonomy
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
pro
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 13, 2016
typical day handling job on daily basis for submitting data
leanred hadoop components
coworkerds
hardest part of job .
enjoyable part is
Pros
free lunch
Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Customer focused
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
Wanting to much from employees for what they are willing to pay.
Some of the management staff lacked in thier job training.
They do not know what part time means.
Pros
10% DISCOUNT
Cons
EXPECT TO MUCH FROM SOME EMPLOYEES
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
Great to work there. Community oriented. The hardest part of the job was helping difficult customers. The management was very hands-on.
Busy but fun place to work at.
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 30, 2016
A fairly awesome place to be at, the co-workers are all extremely nice and it was an honor to work with them. I've learned so much from them including how to provide good customer service, and the way of finding the real happiness during that job!

The management at my place was fine, sometimes it is fairly slow, I am pretty sure I had customers complained on me about how slow our services are, I mean, I do realize the fact sometimes it is slow, but there isn't too much I can help with.

A typical day at work would be welcoming customers, handling cash, welcome them back again. Of course, a non-typical day would be me being a customer service representitive which I had no clue how to do anything in customer service in the customer service desk; or becoming a loader, which I have to be one of them every once in a while since I am the only male at the front, including all of the cashiers and customer service co-workers, truly awesome, sometimes it was a pain as well. At the end of the day, I clean everything up as much as I can, such as recycle and garbage bins, mop the floor and clean the shelves.

The hardest part of the job will definitely be the language, English is not my first language which sometimes gives me a lot of trouble. I often have to let the customer explain to me what exactly is going on, and I will always have no correct word for what I want it to mean, which are quite annoying.

At the end of the day, my co-workers are a bunch of people that I can literally turn my back on, I'd love to stand behind them (I mean, I was the ony male at the front right?)
  more... if they ever needed me.  less
Pros
Nice co-workers, great environment to work in.
Cons
Sometimes slow services.
Night stocker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 25, 2016
I enjoy working here because the people are great and its a wonderful environment. They trained me on the necessary equipment to do my job properly and gave me room to grow.
very busy place
stocker receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
very busy all the time receiving and stocking for next day

learn new tool for job

management ok

co-worker ok

hardest part is night shift

quiet and have music all night long in stores
Pros
people are ok
Cons
night shift
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.