Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management incompetence
More than what you sign up for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 21, 2016
The shifts were long and the work was demanding. I often found myself doing things that were outside of my job responsibilities. The position I worked was easily the lowest of the pecking order, but I always felt I was doing twice as much work as was needed. I loved a lot of the people I worked with and never had any issue helping around the store. Our position was Loader but I was picking deliveries, pulling orders that had already been sold, cashing people out, helping people find products, unloading trucks, stocking shelfs, cleaning the front of the store, doing returns, dealing with customer service issues, operating power equipment, all while still doing my duties of bringing in carts and loading customers products. Often I worked with customers from sale to load. I did enjoy my time working at Lowes, I just don't believe that the job I working was a minimum wage job. A loader is this companies Six man but doesn't always get respected like the important member of the team they are.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Exhausting Work
Great Place with even greater people
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Working there was a great experience. I was surround by people who where always happy to assist you in anything you were unsure of. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Positive envirment, Helpful people, great location
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
Pros
Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons
Night Shifts
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee) –  130ave cagaryMarch 25, 2016
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 11, 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 12, 2016
Lowe's is a fun place to work with a great discount program for their employees. Unfortunately it can be stressful at times when there are not enough employees to deal with all the customers
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
unguaranteed hours
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  abbotsfordAugust 5, 2016
I only had a few weeks to learn a complicated system enjoyed the job excellent co workers needed more time to learn a system that was new to me. Although many people had similar difficulties
Pros
nice enviorement
Cons
short time to learn the system
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work
Productive, Easy to get the hang of it.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  1945 Barton st. SAugust 9, 2016
Overall experience was great, besides being night shift other then that the work wasn't it to heavy on you and you were able to work at your own paste.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor Management, worked you like a slave.
Good and Consistent Hours
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2016
I get really good an consistent hours in my job. There are many different types of managers and some are better than others, but I do like my coworkers.
Pros
Company BBQ, employee discount
Cons
hard on the feet and legs
Good work environment.
Customer Service Associate Millwork (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 10, 2016
Good work environment, loved the people. Low paying job but not a whole lot to complain about.

Typical day includes stocking, serving customers and going over orders and inventory.
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons
poorly managed scheduling