Lowe's Employee Reviews

DistrIbution Center in Milton
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  DistrIbution Center Milton11 March 2017
Do NOT question safety policy if you don't want to be walked. Do NOT question the condition of the material handling equipment. Do NOT voice any opinion on anything. Do NOT voice anything negative about strange rituals like "high five Fridays" Pay structure is based on long tenure of 5 plus years to reach top wage. There is no raise on merit. The management team does not want to hear any constructive critism to improve. They are already the best in their minds. If you just need a job and can be a mindless automaton this is your kinda place! WARNING! You will be walked for not being a Lowe's zombie
Pros
Not much
Cons
Be a zombie
Terrible Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 February 2017
Senior management team makes up policies and rules to suit them. If you're not one of the managers favourites then forget any promotions. It is very obvious who his favourites are too! They have no clue how to schedule. They move people around on a whim to try to get them to quit. As long as the store makes money the district/corporate team doesn't care at all what the morale of the store is. Too bad. It started out with such promise.
Pros
Most of the people that work there are really nice.
Cons
poorly written schedules, senior management, no accountability even for the store manager
Lowe's will suck the life right out of you.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2017
There is NO work/life balance here. Wages are ok and benefits could be better. There is NO job security and NO room for advancement unless you are friends with upper management. Many good employees are being forced to leave due to the unscrupulousness of the store management and loss prevention staff. They can't even keep an HR manager because of their underhandedness. I suggest looking elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Fun working environment with a good crew.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 March 2017
I was a part of the night crew so there were 7-10 of us on the crew at any one given time, and because it was such a small crew and we would work with each other every day we got to know each other really well and it was fun to joke around with the guys.

We luckily worked well together and didn't get on each other's nerves which was a great work situation and it made for a productive and fun time while working.
Fast Paced Retail Environment
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Being department manager of Plumbing had very unique challenges. It was often the busiest department as we provided solutions to repair faulty plumbing, where other departments would be selling new tools, flooring, and building materials.

Management was suffocating. Micromanaging and unrealistic task assignments to an overworked and understaffed team made days long and hectic. Sales were always the priority, but often other tasks would be assigned when only 1 or 2 associates were working.
Good company to work with friendly atmosphere
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2017
Everyday going to work, I see people who make an effort to make everyone feel included of where they work. Everyone says hello when you see them, and are more than willing to help whenever needed. The needs of Lowe's employers are always in the forefront of any decision made. When management see potential for improvement they seek a way to help you get there. Many people have been promoted into positions where their full potential is put to use.
No Room for Growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 January 2017
I felt this company was unfair when it came to worker/ customer issues. They would never listen to the side of the staff member. Where very quick to punish instead of hearing everything.
Never felt that there was room to advance for some people within the company.
However was a fun environment to work in. The staff was wonderful.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Lack of ownership to problems
Customer Service Focus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 December 2016
Day can include 10,000 to 15000 steps. Hectic pace at times and the culture tries to do 'right' by the customer. Variety of workers from retired executives doing 'different' level roles to students, recent graduates and seasoned workers from other environments.

Team work is fostered between all levels of work force. Senior managers turn up sleeves and help with all tasks that need to get done.

Wages for new hires in non full time roles are low but seem to have the ability to progress. Time frame for pay progression is confusing for some areas.
Pros
Solid Orgnaization
Cons
very corporate at times
Decent place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 December 2016
Lowe's was a good place to work at and was one of the main reasons i left my past company to take on a bigger and more important role in management. Overall the work environment was fun and i loved my position. Senior managers need a lot of work in how they talk and approach there customers and employees. Overall the biggest reason i stayed here for as long as i did was because of my store manager and how good he was to me
Pros
employees
Cons
Assistant Store Managers
productive and stable work place
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2017
typical work day would include stocking items, helping customers with key cuttings or finding things around the store and showing them which is the better product to by depending on what they want.
Ive learned a lot from this job such as using the key cutter and labelling screws and nuts.hardest part of this job i would say is doing other peoples jobs.
Pros
great team
Productive and exciting workplace.
Inside Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 February 2017
A regular day being an inside sales associate is, assisting customers with their specific needs, up selling products, using heavy machinery to get down barbecues, riding-lawnmowers, and dining sets.
Pros
Subway inside the store, flexible hours
Cons
physically demanding in certain situations
Terrible!!
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 February 2017
Terrible place to work. You are always going to find nice people at any job, that doesn't count. They are sales driven and don't balance work between shifts. They pay horrible, don't pay proper wages for the job and expect a lot for minimum wage. Pay the people what they are worth!
Pros
Its a job where the cheques wont bounce
Cons
Pay, moral
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
I loved how I was welcome with open arms, and had my hard work noticed and it helped my progress to other departments in this location. I also loved how everyone got along and were willing to help each other out.
Overall, I did not get enough hours, but the pay was pretty reasonable
this place sucks would never work there .
commercial sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 November 2016
Uses people if its good for the company ,,then it work s but if you have a order going up god forbidden that uou siign in early i worked there 5 years and worked my butt

off and got kicked in the teeth, they don't even care when you did anything wrong that they just walk you , they lost
s
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
management sucks
Fun place to work, terrible higher managment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 November 2016
While the managers at the department range were fantastic, the assistant store managers were not taking there job seriously and were not taking initiative in their work leading the rest of the store in a negative environment.
Pros
Great employess to work with
Cons
Twice the work due to miscommunication
Expeditor
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 December 2016
Work wherever needed. I have a vast knowledge of diy and home improvements.
Meeting new customers. Helping people gives great satisfaction
Management is steen and involved

hardest part was devoting 90% weekends not forced i agreed
most enjoyable was working with the team
Pros
hour lunch
Enjoyable work environment
Head Cashier/Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
If you like dealing with a high volume customers, sales without commission or the repetitiveness then this is a job for you. Great company if you are looking to get into retail or looking to advance your retail career. Also an excellent job for students!
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Sporadic hours
Amazing Company. Very by the books!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 February 2017
Lowe's was a great experience especially as my first cashier job. They were very organized and held high standards for amazing customer service. They taught me how to exceed in customer service and how to handle any type of return.
Great Job for me
Sales Specialist, Lumber, Receiving & Floater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
I started off as a part-time unloader and quickly became full-time. I got so familiar with each department and stock items that I eventually became the stores floater (position doesn't exist)
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.